CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Ashes 2021 - 4-0 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=285220)

RazorsEdge 11-12-2021 09:10 AM

I watched the highlights not sure why maybe I am bored, the results didn’t change

Worksop Palace 11-12-2021 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16143229)
I watched the highlights not sure why maybe I am bored, the results didn’t change

The ‘highlights’ were for the Aussies.

It’s like us losing 0-1 tomorrow (wow wouldn’t that be a shock) and sitting there until the end of MOTD to watch the ‘highlights’.

I’ll give that a miss ta

Worksop Palace 11-12-2021 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystaljim (Post 16143222)
Add in the fact that at least one of them will be dropped for Jimmy and Broady, and the batsmen will probably keep their places for Adelaide, and you'll have a very disillusioned crew.

Hadn’t thought that far ahead but yes you’re right.

Not sure what sort of pitch Adelaide will produce but you can assume Leach will be drinks carrier. With how weak our batting is, you’d think they’d have to keep Woakes in. Buttler is Rooty’s pal so he ain’t going anywhere. Broad in for Leach and Wood to make way for Jimmy?

LuieJack 11-12-2021 09:29 AM

Oh well it's back to the drawing board, the only problem is what options is there on that drawing board? the frustration is the day started with Both batsmen well set hopefully to build a very healthy total, but as what we have come to expect as normal is the usual collapse.
What now and what can we look forward to in the remaining Four Tests? need i ask.

Jordan's Jacket 11-12-2021 09:31 AM

Crawley for me. Good against pace

Bones14 11-12-2021 09:38 AM

Great win for us. Really poor result for you guys and a poor game all around to be entertained by. I know we won, but **** that was some seriously shit Test match cricket. Travis Head, Pat Cummins and Ollie Robinson were the only genuine highlights out of what was a poor example of an elite level match.

Wolfnipplechips 11-12-2021 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket (Post 16143241)
Crawley for me. Good against pace

Good?

Nah. Average of 28 after 15 tests.

As good as the others? Probably.

Worksop Palace 11-12-2021 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones14 (Post 16143248)
Great win for us. Really poor result for you guys and a poor game all around to be entertained by. I know we won, but **** that was some seriously shit Test match cricket. Travis Head, Pat Cummins and Ollie Robinson were the only genuine highlights out of what was a poor example of an elite level match.

A decent summary Bones. No matter what though, you’ve got to love watching test cricket haven’t you.

Congratulations on a convincing and deserved win.

‘ We go again ‘ :wallbash:

El Aguila 11-12-2021 09:44 AM

Perhaps it was a mistake to go into a Test series with only one recognised batsman.

davech 11-12-2021 09:46 AM

Oh well, at least we made them bat again. After the early hope evaporated (once more) we were up againt it again. We need to follow a good session with another and another. The next collapse is always just around the corner.

Do we have a proper 'test mentality' for want of a better expression? The whole team needs to stand up, not just different individuals at diffent times. If you cannot score 300 runs, then you are unlikely to win a test match. We need the team to gel and bring some consistency. Rory Burns has his strengths; test opener and slip-catcher are not among them. Am I being a bit harsh?

We move on and hope for a team fight. The ability is there, we need someone to harness it a bit better. Perhaps a foreign coach better versed in the 5-day game? We have sacrificed everything for a bit of bish-bash-bosh. Come on England, make us smile in Adelaide.

cockneyrebel 11-12-2021 09:49 AM

Disappointed my prediction of the Aussies winning by an innings was so cruelly taken away.

Worksop Palace 11-12-2021 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockneyrebel (Post 16143262)
Disappointed my prediction of the Aussies winning by an innings was so cruelly taken away.

I saw we were exactly split - 350 / 500 - got 425. :D

LuieJack 11-12-2021 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 16143254)
Perhaps it was a mistake to go into a Test series with only one recognised batsman.

Perfect summary.:supergrin:

Worksop Palace 11-12-2021 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket (Post 16143241)
Crawley for me. Good against pace

For who?

I don’t see Crawley as any less flakey than any of his replacements.

I do like his red and blue handle grips though so get him in.

GB2506 11-12-2021 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16143280)
For who?

I don’t see Crawley as any less flakey than any of his replacements.

I do like his red and blue handle grips though so get him in.

Agree. Bringing Crawley in doesn’t solve anything. Just brining in another walking wicket.

Olympian2 11-12-2021 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystaljim (Post 16143202)
Do you think it was tactical? Or a result of Leach getting tonked and bowling more overs from the fast men?

In that case, we can expect an even worse run rate when we play an all-pace attack in Adelaide.

Tactical? No, I honestly don't think so. It's just a lack of discipline from the captain &/or a management ethic that they just don't care. Fines - even 100% of match fee - don't hurt them. Just penalise them runs, wickets or, more interestingly, ICC World Test Championship points. But even the latter (of which England have just lost five) don't hurt if you're nowhere near the top two.

If I pay £80 to watch a day's Test cricket, I expect to see 90 overs. Me seeing 78 overs is a piss-take. There'd be uproar if a football ref took the players off after 85 minutes of a game because it was already 4:45pm. They're cheating the paying public, it's as simple as that.

Worksop Palace 11-12-2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16143290)
In that case, we can expect an even worse run rate when we play an all-pace attack in Adelaide.

Tactical? No, I honestly don't think so. It's just a lack of discipline from the captain &/or a management ethic that they just don't care. Fines - even 100% of match fee - don't hurt them. Just penalise them runs, wickets or, more interestingly, ICC World Test Championship points. But even the latter (of which England have just lost five) don't hurt if you're nowhere near the top two.

If I pay £80 to watch a day's Test cricket, I expect to see 90 overs. Me seeing 78 overs is a piss-take. There'd be uproar if a football ref took the players off after 85 minutes of a game because it was already 4:45pm. They're cheating the paying public, it's as simple as that.

Totally agree. How many times have the required 90 overs been bowled in a day over the last 5 years or so of test matches around the world I wonder. A small amount I’d guess.

It’s a stain on the game and no one in authority seems to give a flying fvck. They would if it had an impact on £ though. Wankers

Aki Aki Aki 11-12-2021 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16143280)
For who?

For Burns, who has to go. I think Crawley might be ok on the quicker wickets down under. But I'd fancy my chances batting better than Burns, at least my technique in the living room is relatively sound in comparison :D

Olympian2 11-12-2021 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki (Post 16143323)
For Burns, who has to go. I think Crawley might be ok on the quicker wickets down under. But I'd fancy my chances batting better than Burns, at least my technique in the living room is relatively sound in comparison :D

Burns will play in Adelaide.

Aki Aki Aki 11-12-2021 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16143404)
Burns will play in Adelaide.

Yep, I think you're right


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.