CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

oz_da II 25-09-2012 06:35 AM

The only logical explanation I can think of is that for a few moments official #26 thought Seattle play in green and gold.

Baffling.

Funk Butter 25-09-2012 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
The only logical explanation I can think of is that for a few moments official #26 thought Seattle play in green and gold.

Baffling.

Either that or he had $20k on the Seahawks.

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 25-09-2012 08:00 AM

Oh Dear .........:moo:

pauldrulez 25-09-2012 08:41 AM

:D

Amazing.

saxoneagle 25-09-2012 08:47 AM

Ah, boo-hoo. No-one mentions the dubious PI call against the Pats and the FG missing... cos we get all the decisions, right?

oz_da II 25-09-2012 08:48 AM

You must not be listening...

oz_da II 25-09-2012 08:52 AM

The last play of the game is also masking the bogus roughing the passer penalty (negating an interception) and the phantom pass interference penalty (33 yards) in the final minutes.

davematt 25-09-2012 09:37 AM

What a ******* farce.

And Pete Carroll is a prick. Coming out and saying 'We are that close (Holding two fingers inches from eachother) from being 3-0'. Any honest man should come out after a game like that and admit 'We got lucky, very lucky'. Yes, winning is great, but surely to win a game like that must make you feel a little bit awkward. Regardless of what you say, you have the win and that won't change, but at least come out and admit that the officials made one of the biggest balls up calls in the history of the sport and you guys were the ones that were lucky to benefit from it.

oz_da II 25-09-2012 10:15 AM

Apparently this is a simultaneous catch and both players have the ball.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...F1FA50794B.jpg

saxoneagle 25-09-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

You must not be listening...

Not listening to what? The fact you only posted your distaste after it affected your team?

We know the replacement refs are shit; some teams have been on the receiving end for 3 weeks (not us, I hasten to add) and some teams have benefitted for three weeks (not us, either).

Like I said - boo-hoo, tough luck. We're all getting shit calls right now and I have no sympathy for the Packers.

oz_da II 25-09-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Not listening to what? blah blah blah blah blah blan blah :S:

To numerous people moaning about the Patriots loss?

You said "no-one" was saying anything.

I didn't watch the Patriots game so why would I comment?

jazman 25-09-2012 01:29 PM

Lets face it, if these refs weren't doing it then there wouldn't be any NFL right?

We've suffered. The shocking blind side hit on Sean Lee against the Seahawks last week, Ogletree slipping on the refs cap thrown onto the field when he was the target in the end zone ....

Swanny32 25-09-2012 02:04 PM

And they're obviously to blame for our ball security issues as well! Assholes.

davematt 25-09-2012 02:15 PM

The big difference between last nights call and all the others are it literally decided who won and who lost. Literally. The implications could end up being massive (Play off seeding, home field advantage etc...)

I understand that other teams have had lame calls to deal with themselves, but none compare to a decision that ruled a Hail Mary pass in the last play of a game that was quite blatantly intercepted in the endzone was somehow given as a catch and touchdown because Golden Tate has his arms wrapped around the arms of the player that caught the ball.

I am not a Packers fan but they have every right to feel like they have been absolutley screwed. They won the game fair and square last night 12-7. Not lost it 14-12. But sadly, the later is the one that goes in the record books.

davematt 25-09-2012 02:24 PM

And looking back at it again, as the players fall to the ground, Golden Tate's right arm is clearly away from the ball and not even near it! How can you give that as a TD after reviewing it?!

oz_da II 25-09-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davematt
And looking back at it again, as the players fall to the ground, Golden Tate's right arm is clearly away from the ball and not even near it! How can you give that as a TD after reviewing it?!

Indeed.

https://yfrog.com/h2botqjj:iphone

Unfortunately a review cannot determine possession, only whether it was caught or dropped. Once a TD was "announced" there was nothing the reviewer could do...

Swanny32 25-09-2012 02:31 PM

I sense a rule change coming regarding reviewing who got possession of the ball. As for the call itself, absolute bullshit, a complete disgrace.

Swanny32 25-09-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Not listening to what? The fact you only posted your distaste after it affected your team?

We know the replacement refs are shit; some teams have been on the receiving end for 3 weeks (not us, I hasten to add) and some teams have benefitted for three weeks (not us, either).

Like I said - boo-hoo, tough luck. We're all getting shit calls right now and I have no sympathy for the Packers.

How can you not have sympathy for them, sure there are some crap calls in the NFL at the moment but seriously, that's not just a crap call, that's an absolute shambles of a call. Offensive pass interference, for want of a better word is cheating....you're happy for a team to win by cheating? Bullshit. You're as deluded as the replacement officials fella.

Should have been called PI and the game should have been over with a Packers W.

davematt 25-09-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Indeed.

https://yfrog.com/h2botqjj:iphone

Unfortunately a review cannot determine possession, only whether it was caught or dropped. Once a TD was "announced" there was nothing the reviewer could do...

So basically, the reviewer is just confirming that the ball was indeed caught, but has no say whatsoever on who actually caught it. So it comes back to the two officials by the incident, where one signalled for a touchdown and the other one signalled for an interception. Surely if this happens (and I can't imagine this happens often, when two officials both make complete opposite calls when standing next to eachother) then it HAS to be a decison made from the official upstairs reviewing. How can you take one guys call and not the other?!

davematt 25-09-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
How can you not have sympathy for them, sure there are some crap calls in the NFL at the moment but seriously, that's not just a crap call, that's an absolute shambles of a call. Offensive pass interference, for want of a better word is cheating....you're happy for a team to win by cheating? Bullshit. You're as deluded as the replacement officials fella.

Should have been called PI and the game should have been over with a Packers W.

The PI was another shambolic call and a completley different incident all together. How could they miss it? It was a blatant push in the back that gave Golden Tate the push off he needed to get up and compete for the ball. Without that push, he probably wouldn't have got anywhere near the pass.