CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

CPFC since 1989 06-02-2017 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 13483047)
That is a microcosm of Atlanta sports. It's not the losing that kills you, it's the hope. This team will never recover. Honestly, I wonder how long it will take the city to recover.

Feel for you.

pauldrulez 06-02-2017 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 13483047)
That is a microcosm of Atlanta sports. It's not the losing that kills you, it's the hope. This team will never recover. Honestly, I wonder how long it will take the city to recover.


You'll be back. That team is far too good and far too young to fall on it's face.

oz_da II 06-02-2017 05:34 AM

Amazing how often coaches outthink themselves. In field goal range, field goal makes it near on impossible to lose, just run the ball.

kayjay 06-02-2017 06:20 AM

and that Edelman catch - game of inches.

Only a team who'd been there before could stay composed enough
to haul in a 25 point deficit.

Oh Funk, the pain!

Congrats Paul.

Ridcully 06-02-2017 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 13483047)
That is a microcosm of Atlanta sports. It's not the losing that kills you, it's the hope. This team will never recover. Honestly, I wonder how long it will take the city to recover.

Just watched it, feel for you. Routing for Atlanta, that's a shit way to go down. You'll rise again, the team are too good and too young not to

Icy 06-02-2017 08:35 AM

Went to bed at half time thinking it was the falcons first so it was a ittle confunfusing seeing Brady lifting the trophy. Is that the biggest comeback in a Super Bowl?

Stellavista 06-02-2017 10:17 AM

I don't even like American Football, but I watched it to the end. Gripping stuff, but you've got to feel a bit sorry for Atlanta.

Latvian Eagle 06-02-2017 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 13483239)
I don't even like American Football, but I watched it to the end. Gripping stuff, but you've got to feel a bit sorry for Atlanta.

I don't. Would have been a major kick in the teeth after we ****ed it up last year for those Hill Billy's to go and win it a year later. :hi:

For once I am happy with a New England Win. :lux:

Sam Spade 06-02-2017 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 13483050)
You'll be back. That team is far too good and far too young to fall on it's face.

This. ^^^^.

Jim Cannons Moustache 06-02-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II (Post 13483059)
Amazing how often coaches outthink themselves. In field goal range, field goal makes it near on impossible to lose, just run the ball.

With a first down and 4 mins left. He could just kneel down 3 times wind the clock down pop the FG over and open the champagne. Giving away a -13 yard sack was crazy.

Thanet Eagle 06-02-2017 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 13483047)
That is a microcosm of Atlanta sports. It's not the losing that kills you, it's the hope. This team will never recover. Honestly, I wonder how long it will take the city to recover.

Sounds a bit familiar to a football team we all know and love.

BLUE BOY 06-02-2017 12:17 PM

Amazing game. Best Super bowl ever.

oz_da II 06-02-2017 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLUE BOY (Post 13483458)
Amazing game. Best Super bowl ever.

Super Bowl XIII was better.

greybot 06-02-2017 03:11 PM

Cardinals v Steelers in 2009 was pretty awesome. So much drama and scoring for both sides at the end.

Just thinking about last night again and I think the NFL overtime setup is ridiculous. It would be much better if it was split into two halves of 3 or 4 minutes so both teams have the chance of being offense and defense. And if tied after that we get another overtime like in the NBA. The second coin toss didn't decide the game but it played a major part.

Stellavista 06-02-2017 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greybot (Post 13483787)
Cardinals v Steelers in 2009 was pretty awesome. So much drama and scoring for both sides at the end.

Just thinking about last night again and I think the NFL overtime setup is ridiculous. It would be much better if it was split into two halves of 3 or 4 minutes so both teams have the chance of being offense and defense. And if tied after that we get another overtime like in the NBA. The second coin toss didn't decide the game but it played a major part.

Re the coin toss, that's what I thought. Win the toss and you've got a huge advantage. They need to rethink it.

oz_da II 06-02-2017 11:35 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...9c2bd06089.jpg

:p

kayjay 06-02-2017 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greybot (Post 13483787)
Cardinals v Steelers in 2009 was pretty awesome. So much drama and scoring for both sides at the end.

That's the SB game I remember best.
Yesterday goes real close.

tsunamiman 08-02-2017 03:13 PM

So Atlanta lose the best OC in the League and replace him with a drunk. Can't see that ending well.

Funk Butter 08-02-2017 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunamiman (Post 13486765)
So Atlanta lose the best OC in the League and replace him with a drunk. Can't see that ending well.

I don't know, you kinda have to be drunk to be throwing the ball in field goal range with 3 minutes left and an 8 point lead.

Funk Butter 09-02-2017 05:52 PM

One of these things is not like the other.

Quote:

Field Yates Verified account
‏@FieldYates

Field Yates Retweeted Adam Schefter

NFL teams with most estimated cap space include: Browns, 49ers, Jaguars, Patriots, Buccaneers, Washington, Bears & Titans.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.