CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Ashes 2021 - 4-0 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=285220)

HOVE EAGLE 27-12-2021 07:48 AM

Doesn’t look promising for our batsmen starc and Cummins bowling well

Stockport_Eagle 27-12-2021 07:57 AM

No matter how poor a team, its unbelievable that England openers can't survive for a few overs...now Malan gone first ball too...:wallbash:

ExiledStirling 27-12-2021 07:57 AM

Oh dear 7-2 Stark on a hat-trick

RazorsEdge 27-12-2021 07:58 AM

We need to get to 85 lol innings defeat still on

ExiledStirling 27-12-2021 08:00 AM

And he almost gets it...and there was I thinking an innings defeat had been taken out of the equation

ExiledStirling 27-12-2021 08:25 AM

22-3 Hameed out he scores 7.

Maiden Eagle 27-12-2021 08:27 AM

Absolutely hopeless.

HOVE EAGLE 27-12-2021 08:27 AM

22-4 great bowling

ExiledStirling 27-12-2021 08:27 AM

22-4 Leach..bring out another night watchman? :hmph:

HOVE EAGLE 27-12-2021 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOVE EAGLE (Post 16176358)
22-4 great bowling

Looking at it again why did leach leave that

Worksop Palace 27-12-2021 08:30 AM

I’m once again amazed to see our top order fail miserably.

Pea hearted and technically inept.

Crawley is a rich man’s Burns.

Absolutely embarrassing stuff.

BT monthly subscription canned.

Worksop Palace 27-12-2021 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOVE EAGLE (Post 16176360)

Cos he’s a number 11. The very fact he had to put his pads on with the score at 20 is a whole heap of steaming shite

Stockport_Eagle 27-12-2021 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 16176356)
22-3 Hameed out he scores 7.

With a streaky 4 that couls have been out.

Absolute disgrace....Silverwood needs to resign righr now

Maiden Eagle 27-12-2021 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOVE EAGLE (Post 16176360)

I know he's a tail ender/night watchman but I noticed Leach was batting outside leg stump and showing all his stumps, almost inviting the bowler to aim at his wickets. And then he leaves the ball!!:veryangry

Worksop Palace 27-12-2021 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stockport_Eagle (Post 16176363)
With a streaky 4 that couls have been out.

Absolute disgrace....Silverwood needs to resign righr now

If we don’t reach 85, I think he might

ExiledStirling 27-12-2021 08:37 AM

England have given themselves two days of sightseeing which is nice.

Jordan's Jacket 27-12-2021 08:50 AM

Some great bowling there by the Aussies tbf. Silverwood was never going to be the right man for the job and I assume the ECB are already working on getting a replacement.

Worksop Palace 27-12-2021 08:53 AM

Once again, if I’m one of the England bowlers I’d be going apoplectic at those 3 batsman. How is it I can show some heart and bollocks out there, but you can’t?

Jordan's Jacket 27-12-2021 09:01 AM

They have been very badly prepared both mentally and practically

Maiden Eagle 27-12-2021 09:02 AM

As already pointed out, it was some quality quick bowling, on a helpful pitch.

Funnily enough, I thought Cummins was their best bowler and he didn't take a wicket.

RazorsEdge 27-12-2021 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 16176349)
And he almost gets it...and there was I thinking an innings defeat had been taken out of the equation

I did think where they were 30 runs ahead and with 3 wickets that we may not go the innings defeat way

Lol

Eagle's Nest 27-12-2021 09:06 AM

Unacceptably shit

Wolfnipplechips 27-12-2021 09:21 AM

Thank god we got rid of Burns.

Aki Aki Aki 27-12-2021 09:22 AM

We need a big performance from covid overnight.

Utterly pathetic, our batters look genuinely scared. The bowlers should be livid after putting in a performance themselves. To be slightly fair to batters, the preparation for this tour has been atrocious, but huge lessons must be learnt from this shambles, everything about this tour has been a disaster. A lot of heads must roll from top to bottom prior to the Windies tour in the spring.

Aki Aki Aki 27-12-2021 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16176394)

Yeah thankfully we did, because he is actually worse than the dross in the team now. If you hadn't noticed yet, his technique is not fit for a Sunday League bash let alone a Test match.

Jordan's Jacket 27-12-2021 09:26 AM

Quote:

Tbf I would have dropped Hameed rather than Burns. He is not and will never be a test ppener

Maiden Eagle 27-12-2021 09:27 AM

Quote:

No, now that our mate has declared that he is the worst ever batsman to ever represent England, their is no way back for him, I'm afraid.

Worksop Palace 27-12-2021 09:28 AM

Quote:

Absofvckinglutely

I mean, imagine being able to cope without his average of 12.75 in this series.

How will we survive in the test arena without this extraordinary talent.

You can see how he rose to the Surrey captaincy.

Worksop Palace 27-12-2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle (Post 16176402)
No, now that our mate has declared that he is the worst ever batsman to ever represent England, their is no way back for him, I'm afraid.

If you can point me to that post, that would be great. And ‘no way back’? From what, knowing Burns is rubbish? Why would I want to row back from that obvious statement ?

Why do you and Nipple clamp keep bringing him up when he’s been dropped from the team?

Absolutely nothing to do with him being Surrey captain I’m sure. Absolutely positive in fact. Oh no, not at all.

Try and be honest (tough one for the nipple granted), if Burns played for Warwickshire, you’d have admitted he was shite months ago.

Wolfnipplechips 27-12-2021 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16176407)
If you can point me to that post, that would be great. And ‘no way back’? From what, knowing Burns is rubbish? Why would I want to row back from that obvious statement ?

Why do you and Nipple clamp keep bringing him up when he’s been dropped from the team?

Absolutely nothing to do with him being Surrey captain I’m sure. Absolutely positive in fact. Oh no, not at all.

Try and be honest (tough one for the nipple granted), if Burns played for Warwickshire, you’d have admitted he was shite months ago.

Just **** off Workshop will you.

It’s not about you for once.

RazorsEdge 27-12-2021 09:41 AM

Quote:

He may have scored 30 something and let us all down again :)

Olympian2 27-12-2021 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16176407)

Today, at 7:30am.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16176361)
I’m once again amazed to see our top order fail miserably. Pea hearted and technically inept. Crawley is a rich man’s Burns.

RazorsEdge 27-12-2021 09:52 AM

There is a lot to learn and analyse from this series for the back room staff, I can see they really earning their money

I wonder if we can have a team shrink? To help our players move forward like :)

I was watching a home made video by one of the English players(Dermot Reeve) of Englands tour of India in the 90’s or thereby they had in the team a coach and couple of back room staff and the spirit was up and they had Delhi belly and the rooms and facilities were minimum but the performance on the field was always positive and good.

Now we have an army of back room staff, one of the best facilities a team can have and yet they are scared of facing a ball……:WTAF, is this the snowflake team
Lol

0.bj 27-12-2021 09:56 AM

Gutless public school wankers

crystaljim 27-12-2021 09:59 AM

We did bowl exceptionally well.

I think most line ups would have been at least 2 down against that onslaught!

Thats all from me, I'll go back to enjoying the sniping! :D:hi:

RazorsEdge 27-12-2021 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystaljim (Post 16176437)

They didn’t just bowl well, the bowlers also batted very well to have a lead of 85.

RazorsEdge 27-12-2021 10:04 AM

I wonder if Glenn McGraths prediction will come true…

Aki Aki Aki 27-12-2021 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16176428)

I was watching a home made video by one of the English players(Dermot Reeve) of Englands tour of India in the 90’s or thereby they had in the team a coach and couple of back room staff and the spirit was up and they had Delhi belly and the rooms and facilities were minimum but the performance on the field was always positive and good.

Was that the 93 India tour, one of the biggest touring disasters in history, the one where India made us look like a team consisting of eleven Rory Burns ?

Worksop Palace 27-12-2021 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16176408)
Just **** off Workshop will you.

It’s not about you for once.

:D

Imagine posting that when you’ve literally brought Burns up in your first post of the day.

F’kin brilliant stuff

Aki Aki Aki 27-12-2021 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16176441)
I wonder if Glenn McGraths prediction will come true…

Guaranteed :p

Worksop Palace 27-12-2021 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16176417)
Today, at 7:30am.....

Simply a comparison of Crawley being as shit as Burns. A point I made last week iirc.

It’s a tough gig being right all of the time you know

Olympian2 27-12-2021 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16176444)

Imagine posting that when you’ve literally brought Burns up in your first post of the day.

F’kin brilliant stuff

That's exactly what you did. It's becoming difficult to tell whether you're more obsessed with Wolfie or Burnsy....

Wolfnipplechips 27-12-2021 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16176444)

F’kin brilliant stuff

I am able to post about the erstwhile England opener without it being an invitation for you to prove once and for all what a **** you are.

Now, if you don’t mind let’s leave it there. I’ve had a gut full of your self centred nonsense already.

Everyone already knows that you’re right all the time. Well done Captain. Well done.

Worksop Palace 27-12-2021 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16176451)
That's exactly what you did. It's becoming difficult to tell whether you're more obsessed with Wolfie or Burnsy....

As above, it was simply a comparison of openers.

Anyway, the Nipple is just here to cause a ruck so I’ll bail.

Sees ya laters taters :p

Worksop Palace 27-12-2021 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16176456)
I am able to post about the erstwhile England opener without it being an invitation for you to prove once and for all what a **** you are.

Now, if you don’t mind let’s leave it there. I’ve had a gut full of your self centred nonsense already.

Everyone already knows that you’re right all the time. Well done Captain. Well done.

Not sure whether to post a :D or a :sob: for that post.

:hi:

Wolfnipplechips 27-12-2021 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16176460)
Not sure whether to post a :D or a :sob: for that post.

:hi:

I thought you’d ****ed off?

Post what you like, you’re a figure of fun on here anyway.

Olympian2 27-12-2021 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16176458)
As above, it was simply a comparison of openers.

That may well be true. But don't be calling out other posters for doing exactly what you did yourself. You were literally the first person to mention Burns this morning & yet felt the need to chasten Wolfie for doing it.

Look at this post from yesterday :

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 16174451)
The measure of ‘having too many Magic Mushies’ is answering yes to the following question.

‘Do you think Rory Burns is a test level batsman’….

No need to reference Burns at all. But you chose to, with a sly, petty dig. IMHO, the constant sniping detracts from what is one of the better threads on the BBS - as most of the cricket threads are.

Maiden Eagle 27-12-2021 10:46 AM

Look, I know Burns has a pretty 'quirky' technique but up to fairly recently, in spite of that, his Test record was not that bad. The very good Australian bowlers have exposed his faults ruthlessly, as they have to a number of Batsmen.

Now Hameed may play in a straighter fashion but he bats way too deep in his crease, so even when he plays well forward to the ball, the stride is not that big, so the Aussie bowlers pitch the ball well up to him and he keeps nicking off. So you could argue that his technique is crap, as well. And it's a shame, because he looked really promising in India, a few years ago.

And BTW, I couldn't care if Burns played for Surrey, Durham or The Roundhead Cavaliers, like any England batsman, I just want him to get some runs !!

RazorsEdge 27-12-2021 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki (Post 16176442)
Was that the 93 India tour, one of the biggest touring disasters in history, the one where India made us look like a team consisting of eleven Rory Burns ?

Yeah that is the one

RazorsEdge 27-12-2021 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki (Post 16176445)
Guaranteed :p

He was bound to get right one of these days haha

Wolfnipplechips 27-12-2021 11:21 AM

Tbh I hope we do go down 5-0

Silverwood & Root is a hopeless combination.

I’d put Morgan in charge off the pitch. Captain? God knows.

LuieJack 27-12-2021 11:24 AM

Oh dear it's to embarrassing to expand on what has already been said previously, and this was only the end of Day TWO. Can this seriously end up being an Innings Defeat? what after the Aussies could not even muster 270 runs in their innings. Shameful.

Maiden Eagle 27-12-2021 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16176549)

I do know of a bloke who's a good Captain of Surrey:supergrin:

Olympian2 27-12-2021 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystaljim (Post 16176437)

Yeah, I make you spot on, Jim. Pretty impressive from an 'over the hill' Starc & Boland on day-boo :p

RazorsEdge 27-12-2021 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle (Post 16176556)
I do know of a bloke who's a good Captain of Surrey:supergrin:

Would make a good captain for England ?

Good call :D

RazorsEdge 27-12-2021 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuieJack (Post 16176555)
Oh dear it's to embarrassing to expand on what has already been said previously, and this was only the end of Day TWO. Can this seriously end up being an Innings Defeat? what after the Aussies could not even muster 270 runs in their innings. Shameful.

Innings defeat here is quite possible

Eagle's Nest 27-12-2021 12:10 PM

It's all a bit late now but I'd have Burns and Bairstow at 1 and 2 for the next Test. I don't think Hameed or Crawley will get anything from this, so I'd rather go with experience.

crystaljim 27-12-2021 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16176562)
Yeah, I make you spot on, Jim. Pretty impressive from an 'over the hill' Starc & Boland on day-boo :p

The crowd getting behind them like that reminded me of going to tests as a youngster with Lillee and Thommo in action! :p

crystaljim 27-12-2021 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16176562)

Someone was praising Warney because he will criticise his own, but he doesn't necessarily do that, so much as create personal vendetta's.

The one against Starc was deluded as his personal life!

LuieJack 27-12-2021 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16176549)

Could not disagree with your sentiments, as the simple fact is we are in the mire when looking ahead unless wholesome change happens. But sadly how often have we said this after returning from being humilated after a tour, so will this time be any different?
I said yesterday we need to replace the clueless Silverwood with hopefully Gillespie for starters, take away the captaincy from Root and let him focus on what he does best, then somehow find a capable Opening pair which seems like mission impossible, then somehow try to replace the irresistable pair of Anderson and Broad, oh i nearly forgot find a spinner who can actually get the ball to spin.
How we achieve all of this when looking at the County scene only heaven knows:( but we must before we travel to India, NZ and Australia again to save further humilation.:rolleyes:

Olympian2 27-12-2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystaljim (Post 16176631)
The crowd getting behind them like that reminded me of going to tests as a youngster with Lillee and Thommo in action! :p

Whoever one supports, there’s something wonderful about a fast bowler running in with a new cherry at the end of a day’s play, among the lengthening shadows, shattering stumps… :p

RazorsEdge 27-12-2021 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystaljim (Post 16176631)

I read somewhere the crowd were pouring beer into their shoes and onto their heads and calling it shooey.

If (a big if) there was no covid I would have been there with the Barmy Army

Jordan's Jacket 27-12-2021 01:21 PM

Classy

Philipw 27-12-2021 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuieJack (Post 16176634)
Could not disagree with your sentiments, as the simple fact is we are in the mire when looking ahead unless wholesome change happens. But sadly how often have we said this after returning from being humilated after a tour, so will this time be any different?
I said yesterday we need to replace the clueless Silverwood with hopefully Gillespie for starters, take away the captaincy from Root and let him focus on what he does best, then somehow find a capable Opening pair which seems like mission impossible, then somehow try to replace the irresistable pair of Anderson and Broad, oh i nearly forgot find a spinner who can actually get the ball to spin.
How we achieve all of this when looking at the County scene only heaven knows:( but we must before we travel to India, NZ and Australia again to save further humilation.:rolleyes:

Much though I like the county championship, I think Pietersen has it right on this. Despite always having 17 or 18 teams diluting talent, it has created test batsmen in the past as pretty well all the best overseas players played in it. Potential test players will have played against the best bowlers in the world on a regular basis before even playing a test match. The overseas players no longer need to play in the CC now as they can earn loads more from T20 comps so we are left with just the English players - and not even the test players. In the other countries I think all the domestic talent is concentrated in around six teams and therefore more likely to face higher quality bowling against which to learn your trade.

Wolfnipplechips 27-12-2021 03:39 PM

On reflection I think we should open with Benteke and Ayew.

Big Blue Eagle 27-12-2021 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16176672)
I read somewhere the crowd were pouring beer into their shoes and onto their heads and calling it shooey.

If (a big if) there was no covid I would have been there with the Barmy Army

It’s a general Aussie thing, Danny Ricciardo does it on the podium with champagne.

RazorsEdge 27-12-2021 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle (Post 16177073)
It’s a general Aussie thing, Danny Ricciardo does it on the podium with champagne.

It does sound gross, but each to their own

Olympian2 27-12-2021 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16176672)

They do that at T20 Finals Day. I refer to them as 'cricket dickheads'.

LuieJack 27-12-2021 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philipw (Post 16176679)
Much though I like the county championship, I think Pietersen has it right on this. Despite always having 17 or 18 teams diluting talent, it has created test batsmen in the past as pretty well all the best overseas players played in it. Potential test players will have played against the best bowlers in the world on a regular basis before even playing a test match. The overseas players no longer need to play in the CC now as they can earn loads more from T20 comps so we are left with just the English players - and not even the test players. In the other countries I think all the domestic talent is concentrated in around six teams and therefore more likely to face higher quality bowling against which to learn your trade.

There are many factors to consider Philip, I also agree with a lot of what you say. But with so many different formats today which can hinder the development/growth of young players becoming potential Test players, unfortunately there is also a derth of young talent coming through in England that is capable of making the step up to Test level as say they have in India, ****stan and Australia.
Maybe it is just a question of the ones that have come through are just not as good as we thought and are seeing, whatever those reasons are but we know it is going to need a good rethink at the top if they are to stop the rot.

Wolfnipplechips 27-12-2021 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuieJack (Post 16177153)
There are many factors to consider Philip, I also agree with a lot of what you say. But with so many different formats today which can hinder the development/growth of young players becoming potential Test players, unfortunately there is also a derth of young talent coming through in England that is capable of making the step up to Test level as say they have in India, ****stan and Australia.
Maybe it is just a question of the ones that have come through are just not as good as we thought and are seeing, whatever those reasons are but we know it is going to need a good rethink at the top if they are to stop the rot.

A number of our batters have regressed. I’m not sure having Ramprakash coaching them was ever going to be the right move.

Pope, Crawley and dare I say it Burns have struggled, Bairstow, Buttler and others such as Hameed, Duckett and Bracey were never good enough anyway.

Malan is showing signs of promise but the cupboard is bare.

crystaljim 27-12-2021 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16177165)
A number of our batters have regressed. I’m not sure having Ramprakash coaching them was ever going to be the right move.

Pope, Crawley and dare I say it Burns have struggled, Bairstow, Buttler and others such as Hameed, Duckett and Bracey were never good enough anyway.

Are you better off with Burns Bairstow opening, Haseeb or Crawley at 3 and Malan at 5? Or Bairstow at 3. If these are your best options, perhaps start to build a batting order around them that works.
Open with 2 experienced guys, one of the kids at 3, then Rooty. Malan can then be more attacking at 5.

Philipw 27-12-2021 06:12 PM

Quote:

Agree with this and Luijack's earlier post - question is why as can't all be down to Ramps and Silvewrwood (despite the middle order shots yesterday)...I honestly can't think of a single English batsmen I wish was out there instead of anyone in our current squad.

Wolfnipplechips 27-12-2021 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystaljim (Post 16177179)
Are you better off with Burns Bairstow opening, Haseeb or Crawley at 3 and Malan at 5? Or Bairstow at 3. If these are your best options, perhaps start to build a batting order around them that works.
Open with 2 experienced guys, one of the kids at 3, then Rooty. Malan can then be more attacking at 5.

Maybe a good call to let Bairstow open. I really don’t know. Personally I’d drop Buttler and let Bairstow keep. He’s then a bloody good option at seven albeit this doesn’t solve the top six.:D

Anybody not selected at the moment is becoming a better player by default but not picking Foakes is simply all kinds of wrong.

Maiden Eagle 27-12-2021 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philipw (Post 16176679)

Good post, this and sadly true about the CC. If there are any overseas players, they are literally playing for a very short time ie R Ashwin played ONE CC game for Surrey, last Summer - That would only be for his benefit, as he prepared for the India tour of England.

Everything seems wrong about the structure of Cricket in England - like when England played the First Test against NZ in June, without a number of rested players, who would be tired after playing in the IPL:wallbash:

Olympian2 27-12-2021 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle (Post 16177232)
Good post, this and sadly true about the CC. If there are any overseas players, they are literally playing for a very short time ie R Ashwin played ONE CC game for Surrey, last Summer - That would only be for his benefit, as he prepared for the India tour of England.

Everything seems wrong about the structure of Cricket in England - like when England played the First Test against NZ in June, without a number of rested players, who would be tired after playing in the IPL:wallbash:

Nail on head.

When the England Assistant Coach says that he hopes that The Hundred will allow the Test batsmen to 'free up and enjoy their cricket, help them to relax. Free up the hands and the arms but [while] being able to adapt to each form of the game', you know the strategy is completely ****ed.

It's no surprise that England have been completely dicked this series. The only (possible) surprise is quite how lamentable they have been.

LuieJack 27-12-2021 08:30 PM

Quote:

The problem and we both agree on this is that the cupboard really is bare and has been for some time, and unfortunately we are now seeing the effects of that when playing against better opposition, sadly the players we thought were good are now getting shown up.
Most realise it now needs a complete overhaul if we are to compete against the best Test sides again, and many years ago i suggested appointing Tom Moody as coach which may have put the right "set up" in place to build on. Then 3 years ago when changes were happening i suggested Gillespie should be appointed, and i dont see why we dont try again to tempt him to bring his proven firm/gritty style coaching to the table it is whats needed now moving forward, but we know it will be Collingwood taking over from Silverwood.
As for the rest of this tour and we know its a lost cause now, so i would like to see the selectors stop all the chopping and changing and stick with the younger players for the remaining Tests hopefully allowing them to learn how to face tough opposition and extreme circumstances and see how they cope and it may even teach them lessons. And that could prove to be a long term blessing one way or another in their development, what have we to lose at this stage? so stay with Hameed, Crawley and Pope and hope they learn from it.

crystaljim 27-12-2021 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16177184)
Maybe a good call to let Bairstow open. I really don’t know. Personally I’d drop Buttler and let Bairstow keep. He’s then a bloody good option at seven albeit this doesn’t solve the top six.:D

Anybody not selected at the moment is becoming a better player by default but not picking Foakes is simply all kinds of wrong.

It's the top 6 you got to fix though. Fix the top 6 and Butler come in at 7 and be Butler.

Prince Phillip 27-12-2021 08:58 PM

Did Baron Von Bunghole get banned or is he currently on his long run for when the urn is retained?

RazorsEdge 27-12-2021 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 16177337)
Did Baron Von Bunghole get banned or is he currently on his long run for when the urn is retained?

He will be back with some bollocks soon. Maybe waiting for us to loose 5-0…

Bones14 27-12-2021 10:31 PM

I gotta say boys, as pathetic as you were last night in the 2nd innings, it was a serious joy to watch Jimmy Anderson bowl. How the **** does he still do it? Unbelievable figures, especially for a guy of his age. I don't say this lightly, but the guy is a genuine Legend.

RazorsEdge 27-12-2021 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones14 (Post 16177418)
I gotta say boys, as pathetic as you were last night in the 2nd innings, it was a serious joy to watch Jimmy Anderson bowl. How the **** does he still do it? Unbelievable figures, especially for a guy of his age. I don't say this lightly, but the guy is a genuine Legend.

Jimmy is a legend and there is no other word to describe him

Wolfnipplechips 27-12-2021 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystaljim (Post 16177336)
It's the top 6 you got to fix though. Fix the top 6 and Butler come in at 7 and be Butler.

True. On the other hand he drops sitters behind the poles.

desperado 27-12-2021 11:25 PM

England taking the Christmas spirit too far in gift wrapping their wickets before handing them to Straya

art malice 27-12-2021 11:25 PM

Covid tests negative apparently. So UNLUCKY

Tomo 28-12-2021 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16177428)
True. On the other hand he drops sitters behind the poles.

Until this series though that hadn’t been an issue.

But as has been said countless times. Our whole squad is woefully short of match practise apart from Jos who must be knackered.

I also mentioned, but not sure if anyone knew the answer, but his wife was having a baby recently and not sure if his family have flown out with him.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 28-12-2021 12:42 AM

10 minutes played no more down.

adrenalin john 28-12-2021 12:49 AM

While Root and Stokes are at the crease am going to stay up and watch

adrenalin john 28-12-2021 12:51 AM

Night Night

Another Oxted Eagle 28-12-2021 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrenalin john (Post 16177583)
Night Night

I was literally typing the same thing.

That’s me done too - it’s a shambles and I’m sorry but I don’t even think the Aussies are that good . We just have zero confidence

art malice 28-12-2021 12:57 AM

Geoff Lemon and Glenn McGrath now on TMS. Wtf?

cockneyrebel 28-12-2021 01:00 AM

Disappointing for the Aussies if they don’t an innings win. Poor by them if so.

It’s like Man City only getting 1-0 win over Bognor.

0.bj 28-12-2021 01:02 AM

Where would this be in the pantheon of dog shit? How many scores have been posted of 267 or lower to win by an innings?

Wolfnipplechips 28-12-2021 01:06 AM

Just seen Stokes’ wicket … I haven’t dared watch much tbh. Is Ben aware that he’s allowed to move his feet?

art malice 28-12-2021 01:07 AM

Thorpey needs to up his game.

0.bj 28-12-2021 01:20 AM

Green taking catching lessons off Buttler.

Malarkey 28-12-2021 01:23 AM

Lucky bastards...Two umpires calls. At least give us a glimmer of hope ffs

0.bj 28-12-2021 01:24 AM

No footwork from Bairstow but you’d be upset being given out to that. Looked miles outside the line of off.

Wolfnipplechips 28-12-2021 01:25 AM

I sincerely hope we’re all out for under 70.

NRM the 2nd 28-12-2021 01:27 AM

Had bairstow ever had a successful review. Seems to use one up every time he's dismissed

Wolfnipplechips 28-12-2021 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NRM the 2nd (Post 16177609)
Had bairstow ever had a successful review. Seems to use one up every time he's dismissed

Fair enough to review that though.