CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 10-09-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by saxoneagle
The Philadelphia Eagles are the NFL equivalent of Millwall. :D
I always wanted to be a knuckle dragger :angel: :moo:

Strathclyde Eagle 10-09-2008 03:55 PM

Four weeks on the glandular fever absense count for me. It was better than working, although I had a miserable boss who I detested at the time.

Erm, back on topic...

pauldrulez 10-09-2008 05:46 PM

More injury news from the NFL.

NEW ORLEANS -- Marques Colston, the New Orleans Saints' top receiver during the past two seasons, had surgery on his left thumb and will miss four to six weeks.

saxoneagle 10-09-2008 05:47 PM

There is a lot going down right now in the NFL - the injury list this week should be interesting.

I'm sticking with Brees though, even without one of his weapons.

Benzhiyi 10-09-2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pauldrulez
More injury news from the NFL.

NEW ORLEANS -- Marques Colston, the New Orleans Saints' top receiver during the past two seasons, had surgery on his left thumb and will miss four to six weeks.

Awww cock, he's my star fantasy receiver. AND Brees is my QB.

I take it all back, Tom... ;)

pauldrulez 10-09-2008 05:56 PM

So, who hated my blog on the ACL with me trying not to bring the bias in.

saxoneagle 10-09-2008 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pauldrulez
So, who hated my blog on the ACL with me trying not to bring the bias in.
The blog was fine, Paul. I'm just not that interested in the mechanics of an injury. Bad injury, out for season - it's all I need to know!

pauldrulez 10-09-2008 06:24 PM

I would have made it Pats-biased but thought I would look at other blogs and they sort of go into the dynamics of stuff so thought I would as well to see what its like.

saxoneagle 10-09-2008 06:33 PM

Blogs are personal - write what you want to write about.

RDSdaEAGLE 10-09-2008 07:11 PM

OK chaps. I'm interviewing Jason Brisbane today, the British guy who's just signed up for the Chargers practice squad.

Any questions you think I should ask? Obviously, I'm going to focus on how he got the opportunity, what inspired him to become a footballer, what his family think.

Is there anything you would want to ask him? :D

davematt 10-09-2008 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
OK chaps. I'm interviewing Jason Brisbane today, the British guy who's just signed up for the Chargers practice squad.

Any questions you think I should ask? Obviously, I'm going to focus on how he got the opportunity, what inspired him to become a footballer, what his family think.

Is there anything you would want to ask him? :D

Would really be interested to hear his views on the NFL outside the States i.e. In the UK especially? Where does he think these International series games are taking the sport? Are we heading towards a future European NFL franchise?

pauldrulez 10-09-2008 07:17 PM

Following on from davematt, Ask him if he could see a division being put outside of North America maybe in Europe or possibly other countries around the globe.

Ask him who his inspiration is within his position.

Who does he think is the best player playing in his position in the NFL (Hes a linebacker right?)

RDSdaEAGLE 10-09-2008 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pauldrulez
Following on from davematt, Ask him if he could see a division being put outside of North America maybe in Europe or possibly other countries around the globe.

Ask him who his inspiration is within his position.

Who does he think is the best player playing in his position in the NFL (Hes a linebacker right?)

Yup :p

Good questions. Will ask him them, keep them coming :D

saxoneagle 10-09-2008 07:24 PM

Adding onto the above, in a similar vein - how does he think the Chargers fans would react to a game across the border, like the Bills fans have had to suffer?

What does he think of the 2 game pre-season/18 game regular season suggestions being floated around recently?

And the nice cliched question - if you could change one thing in the NFL, what would it be? If he says he'd change his name to Ocho Cinco, I'll buy you all a beer. :D

davematt 10-09-2008 07:24 PM

Think the best one is simply what made him want to be a footballer?

Obviously back in the UK, football is hardly considered a sport and it will be interesting to hear exactly how he started playing? Did he move over to the States at a young age, or did he grow up in the UK?

Its obviously quite a unique situation as not many NFL players come from the UK! Although the Giants have a few :)

saxoneagle 10-09-2008 07:25 PM

What made him not want to play a girly sport like "soccer"? :D

LLCOOLSTEVE 10-09-2008 07:34 PM

Whats the interview for??? If english publication then ask What soccer team he supports of course.

Ask him what team he plays as when he plays madden!

RDSdaEAGLE 10-09-2008 07:37 PM

Of course.

We're now looking at the possibility of interviewing all five English players currently signed up for NFL practice squads. It's aimed at a British magazine.

I'll make sure to ask him about soccer. Amazing story for him though, he's gone from playing at Finsbury Park to having the opportunity to play at the Qualcom Stadium in six months. Obviously he'll find it tough - but who knows! :D

LLCOOLSTEVE 10-09-2008 07:37 PM

What english soccer players would make good kickers? :D

RDSdaEAGLE 10-09-2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
What english soccer players would make good kickers? :D
I think David Beckham unofficially broke the kicking record last year :D


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.