CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Swanny32 21-09-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Kolb did OK, and made some good passes, but when we really needed him he didn't get it right. The first pick he threw at the start of the second half killed the game, in fact he was fortunate that was the first pick as should have thrown one in the red zone at the end of the 1st half. Another red zone pick at the end of the match, to add to the one he threw against the ravens last year, just doesn't convince me he is ever going to have the big game big moment mentality that top end qbs need. He's still better than Delhomme though, and probably could do a decent job for a lower end team in a couple of years.

I agree! :D

James 21-09-2009 11:43 PM

******* Sky Plus HD!

I have been watching the Giants v Cowboys game this evening, recorded on Five last night and the programme ended with the Cowboys having a one-point lead with a few seconds left. Bastards.

pauldrulez 22-09-2009 12:08 AM

James, I recommend manually recording Sunday Night Football. Start at 12.50. End at 5.30am.

That way, it covers a 4 hour game, which pretty much will never happen.

I done that last night and ended up recording 16 1/2 hours. I set it to go until 5pm.

But i'm watching the game again now and know that i've got the result to watch :D

pauldrulez 22-09-2009 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I've played 2 on Madden already. Like last week, working my way through the ones i'm interested in to compare game to result. Last week won with Falcons, Patriots and Chargers.

Saints(me) 31-28 Eagles

Just finished Jets (me) 28-17 Patriots. Brady picked twice in endzone.

Moving on to Giants-Cowboys.

Will randomise who I am :p

Quote:

Played as Cowboys. Won 27-24.

2/3. Damn. Would have taken 2/3 if Jets had lost :sob:

pauldrulez 22-09-2009 12:14 AM

Quote:

My 3 bets today using Centrebet.

Bet 1
Oakland (+2.5) 1.91
Vikings (-9.5) 1.91
Redskins (-9.5) 1.91
Falcons (-6.0) 1.91
Returns about 12/1

Bet 2
D.Keller to get more receiving yards than B.Watson 1.85
B.Jacobs more rushing yards than M.Barber 1.75
F.Jackson more rushing yards than C.Williams 1.50
Returns just under 4/1

Bet 3
Pick your own spread
Indy (-6.5) 2.57
Vikings (-13.5) 2.68
Falcons (-9.5) 2.51
Returns over 16/1

If they come in. Result :p

Bet 1: Fecking Redskins.
Bet 2: Fecking Jacobs
Bet 3: Fecking Falcons.

Swanny32 22-09-2009 01:35 AM

Is the game on tonight in the UK?

oz_da II 22-09-2009 09:26 AM

Get Bill Simmons doing post game questions:

"Tony, that's one of the worst coaching jobs I've ever seen. I don't have a question."

:D

Time of possession: Miami 45:07 - Indy 14.53

Which team won? :clown:

That's got to be a record?

James 22-09-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Is the game on tonight in the UK?

I am sure that this point has been discussed elsewhere in this massive thread - but there is no live Monday Night Football in the UK TV this year - and nor are there any 'red button' alternative match choice games.

It's a shame, but I would imagine that it's as a result of the NFL's desire to promote their Game Pass service. If you have a fast enough Internet service (I don't) then you can watch all the non-televised games live if you are prepared to pay a fairly high premium!

Swanny32 22-09-2009 10:48 AM

Yeah I knew about all that but I was under the impression that one of the many channels were trying to get MNF, it would appear not though. Balls!

Latvian Eagle 22-09-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
He's still better than Delhomme though, and probably could do a decent job for a lower end team in a couple of years.

Funnily enough I was thinking the other night whilst watching the game, that maybe we should go for a guy like Kolb to start the rebuilding process. This year is clearly going to be a massive failure already. We need someone with some experience at QB but still young to learn. Getting a first round QB wouldn't be the way forward for our franchise.

jazman 22-09-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
******* Sky Plus HD!

I have been watching the Giants v Cowboys game this evening, recorded on Five last night and the programme ended with the Cowboys having a one-point lead with a few seconds left. Bastards.

I've learnt my lesson fella. I recorded the programme after it as well ... :p

Swanny32 22-09-2009 01:26 PM

Well, I was planning on putting up the primetime video each week from NFL Gameday for those of you not lucky enough to have Sky but unfortunately the NFL Network have put a stop to people posting it up on Youtube so therefore that idea is now completely out of the window. Shame, although that being said there wasn't a great deal of excitement from Deion this week and the show lacked a single ADRIAN???

jazman 22-09-2009 01:31 PM

What has made me laugh this week is the commentary on the Texans/Titans game ... '

If you aren't a Jones or Johnson get outta the clip!!!'

:D :D

Swanny32 22-09-2009 01:39 PM

Lol, yeah I found that funny as well.

Interesting to hear Deion say that he thinks Vick will take all the snaps for us against the Chiefs this weekend.

Rich Eisen: "Andy Reid says the Kolb will start against the Chiefs if McNabb isn't fit"

Deion Sanders: "Ha, Yeah right!"

Great minds think alike as that was my reaction when I heard Andy Reid say it as well

LLCOOLSTEVE 22-09-2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

Bet 1: Fecking Redskins.
Bet 2: Fecking Jacobs
Bet 3: Fecking Falcons.

I had Saints/Eagles over 46
Atl - 6.5
Titans -6.5 :grrr:

Annoyingly I took out Chicago +3.5 and put in The Titans :rolleyes:

Would have won me over 300 squid

ardeo 22-09-2009 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
Funnily enough I was thinking the other night whilst watching the game, that maybe we should go for a guy like Kolb to start the rebuilding process. This year is clearly going to be a massive failure already. We need someone with some experience at QB but still young to learn. Getting a first round QB wouldn't be the way forward for our franchise.

Reckon he could do a good job, probably not the right QB for the Philly crowd. Booed him pretty early on. Not going to help his confidence and think it makes him try and force throws that aren't there sometimes.

There are lots of things to like about him in general, good passer, good mover, can get drives going, seems to have no problem with the plays.

jazman 22-09-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Lol, yeah I found that funny as well.

Interesting to hear Deion say that he thinks Vick will take all the snaps for us against the Chiefs this weekend.

Rich Eisen: "Andy Reid says the Kolb will start against the Chiefs if McNabb isn't fit"

Deion Sanders: "Ha, Yeah right!"

Great minds think alike as that was my reaction when I heard Andy Reid say it as well

Claiming to be as legendary as Neon Deion is some statement ... :o

Swanny32 22-09-2009 02:16 PM

Well, I am 2-0 in the fantasy league Jaz! Cough cough

jazman 22-09-2009 04:03 PM

:sob:

Strathclyde Eagle 22-09-2009 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
Who does this Crabtree think he is?

The best WR in college last year, who should have gone before the WR the stupid Raiders picked three picks before him. So he wants his money.
Quote:

Doesn't look like they need him anyway. I'd let him sit.

True - good for those of us who like Mike Singletary.
Quote:

Get Bill Simmons doing post game questions:

"Tony, that's one of the worst coaching jobs I've ever seen. I don't have a question."

:D

Time of possession: Miami 45:07 - Indy 14.53

Which team won? :clown:

That's got to be a record?

Don't know if it is a record, but I think the criticism (without seeing the game) seems a bit unfair. He had a plan to beat the Colts, and it nearly came off. From reading Simmons' tweets it seemed the criticism was of a 3rd & 6 call, which I presently don't know about, so can't comment on.

In regard to other tweets, I think Ben's comments about three dropped passes in the end zone seem like a bigger reason for the defeat.

(Need to go read a report. I'm making too many comments with no information to go on.)