CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

chav_hater 01-05-2018 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe (Post 14237839)
Still not resolved the last of three 'lost in transits' in one week. Last night's exchange with the Live Chat. Essentially they have sent me a link to make a claim that does not open..

08:34:29 PM]Karanraj Jedhe: I am sorry but I do not have the facility to do so while on chat
[08:37:05 PM]xxxxx: Ok, send it. I really just want this whole sorry episode to end. It is astonishing that; the delivery never made it, I can't talk to anyone for help, the parcel still shows as 'in transit', the tracking system does not work and the link I was sent to get my cash back does not work. What's the point? I will never ever being using this appalling service again. I could have hidden the clothes for two weeks myself, then dumped them in a puddle and saved myself the cash. Shambles.
[08:38:23 PM]Karanraj Jedhe: We are sorry for the poor service you have received.
[08:38:33 PM]Karanraj Jedhe: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
[08:39:51 PM]xxxx I don't doubt you are. You don't need to spend your days fielding this nonsense because your 'colleagues' are hopeless. You're sorry, I'm sorry - it's a sorry mess. Thank you and good-night.
[08:40:21 PM]Karanraj Jedhe: Thank you for contacting myHermes, have a good day.

Sorry to hear youíve had some stuff nicked. But that conversation is hilarious.

Olympian2 03-05-2018 02:06 PM

When you go to use a stapler but the bastard who used it last used the last staple and didn't refill it and you have no idea where more staples are.......

Stellavista 03-05-2018 05:04 PM

That smug Guardian articles comments pages are closed when I want to vent...

SA Eagle 03-05-2018 11:48 PM

Virgin ******* Media. ******* *****!

OLD BASING EAGLE 04-05-2018 12:58 AM

What really gets my goat is idiots who do not follow petrol station etiquette. If you are approaching a petrol station and it is on your left then you can use the entrance closest to you. If you are approaching a petrol station and it is on your right you have to use the entrance further away from you turning right across the on coming traffic. This is an unwritten law but it works. If you do this you should hand over your license you tool.

Hedgehog 04-05-2018 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 14240026)
When you go to use a stapler but the bastard who used it last used the last staple and didn't refill it and you have no idea where more staples are.......


Pray tell who checks if the staple they use was the last one?

Olympian2 04-05-2018 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14240796)
Pray tell who checks if the staple they use was the last one?

Ah. That, my friend, is an excellent point. :D:D:D

cantspell 04-05-2018 08:39 AM

Renewing wedding vows - why. Had to attend one the other day woman in the big white wedding gown.

The first dance - just so awkward.

I could go on but I wonít -just why?

Maidstoned Eagle 04-05-2018 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cantspell (Post 14240862)
Renewing wedding vows - why. Had to attend one the other day woman in the big white wedding gown.

The first dance - just so awkward.

I could go on but I wonít -just why?

The last desperate throw of the dice.

dannyb1 04-05-2018 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14237447)
They still knock at the door (in pairs), but have seemed to have changed tactics.

They say something like, 'I know you're busy, so I just want to leave you this to read and we can come back to discuss it at a time convenient for you." Then proceed to give you a copy of "Watchtower" (or whatever their magazine is called).

Oh, and I agree with Simplex... all walk up "soliciting" should be banned.

Yep and they know you by name, I had 2 gangs of them knocking our door at various points then dropping the leaflet through the door if I didn't answer which goes straight to the recycle bin.

Told one lot merry Christmas :supergrin: it was just before Christmas and I wern't thinking straight.

LN1 04-05-2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14233152)
Bloody Jehovah's Witnesses (again) knocking on my door on a Saturday afternoon.

What's the point?

A while ago I got woken up after a night shift by a continual banging on the front door. Dressing gown thrown on I stomped down the stairs and seeing two Jehovas stood outside through the glass in the door was about to give them both barrels. I swung the door open and one said ' Sorry to bother you....but you've left your keys in door, we thought we should let you know. Me looking at the keys just mumbled 'err...thank you' and they just smiled and walked off. Now I'm indebted to the Jehovas and getting worried I may have sold my soul to them ☹

Worksop Palace 04-05-2018 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cantspell (Post 14240862)
Renewing wedding vows - why. Had to attend one the other day woman in the big white wedding gown.

The first dance - just so awkward.

I could go on but I wonít -just why?

Probably both been tomming about

Johnnieboy 04-05-2018 09:01 PM

John Virgo - worst commentator on anything ever. That he has chosen to spoil the peace and quiet of snooker is just salt unto my wounded ears

the digger 04-05-2018 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14240882)
The last desperate throw of the dice.

They could try for a(nother) child.

the digger 04-05-2018 10:09 PM

People in leather jackets talking passionately about their veganism

Blind_Eagle 04-05-2018 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14233152)
To be fair, I don't believe Catholics do this either.

Ever been to Africa?

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 04-05-2018 11:43 PM

Plastic Brighton ***** getting an easy win over a bunch of plastic Man U ***** who didn't bother to turn up.

a) They go above us in the league

b) They are guaranteed safety / Premiership status

c) I lost both my bloody bets

Wankers. Both lots of them. Happy clapper pathetic seaweed shitouts.

davo 04-05-2018 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels (Post 14242268)
Plastic Brighton ***** getting an easy win over a bunch of plastic Man U ***** who didn't bother to turn up.

a) They go above us in the league

b) They are guaranteed safety / Premiership status

c) I lost both my bloody bets

Wankers. Both lots of them. Happy clapper pathetic seaweed shitouts.

Yup, watched that game, both teams were shite and I hate Man U even more for letting the weeds get away with it. How Man U have won so many games I will never know.

art malice 05-05-2018 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy (Post 14241859)
John Virgo - worst commentator on anything ever. That he has chosen to spoil the peace and quiet of snooker is just salt unto my wounded ears

Just caught a bit of the highlights of the semis and heís on both, ranting and raving completely inappropriately and acting like a bearded prick - and then as the players walk off he shouts: Ďit is what it isí.

What a ****.

Stonewall 05-05-2018 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SA Eagle (Post 14240660)
Virgin ******* Media. ******* *****!

Yes they are! My free upgrade to a V6 box never happened even though I had emails on two separate times confirming my order, but nothing after that.

Did a webchat which is a waste of time and later phoned both time said they never had any record of my order, Basicly I gave up!

Told them Iím leaving when contact is up had enough of them.

Maidstoned Eagle 05-05-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the digger (Post 14241953)
They could try for a(nother) child.

Theyd have to have sex with each other for that.

thefox 05-05-2018 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14240882)
The last desperate throw of the dice.

Renewed sex life.........for 2 months.

wedgetail 05-05-2018 11:05 AM

None of the above, it is often just a plea for attention.

Johnnieboy 05-05-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 14242337)
Just caught a bit of the highlights of the semis and heís on both, ranting and raving completely inappropriately and acting like a bearded prick - and then as the players walk off he shouts: Ďit is what it isí.

What a ****.

So much more eloquently put than me :supergrin:

KYLIE MINEAGLE 05-05-2018 03:58 PM

Clive Allen.

Stuart2017 05-05-2018 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14240796)
Pray tell who checks if the staple they use was the last one?

I always do one extra staple just to make sure I didnít use the last one...

Maz 05-05-2018 05:38 PM

How do you know that that extra staple is not the last one?

Joe85 05-05-2018 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart2017 (Post 14244050)
I always do one extra staple just to make sure I didnít use the last one...



:D

Hedgehog 05-05-2018 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart2017 (Post 14244050)
I always do one extra staple just to make sure I didnít use the last one...

Well yes...

https://taskandpurpose.com/wp-conten...PM-840x420.png

cappuccinoeagle 05-05-2018 06:57 PM

Trump

Prince Phillip 05-05-2018 09:08 PM

Can we add "on the beach" to "up top" & "play the kids" in the Modern Football Dope's Lexicon?

Hedgehog 06-05-2018 02:36 AM

Bear with me here...

When at a resort hotel, there are "gangs" of women on a "girls" get away. I assume some are married, some are divorced or even widowed, but a gang they are.

I guess as young men we did this to Spain or the like, but these are older (40+) and you see them everywhere (cruises apparently are the most popular).

I guess men do golf or sea fishing weekends when they get older, but 4 to 6 40 year old plus guys at a resort would seem weird, no?

And no, I would not touch them with a 10 foot pole...

elgin eagle 06-05-2018 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14244973)
Bear with me here...

When at a resort hotel, there are "gangs" of women on a "girls" get away. I assume some are married, some are divorced or even widowed, but a gang they are.

I guess as young men we did this to Spain or the like, but these are older (40+) and you see them everywhere (cruises apparently are the most popular).

I guess men do golf or sea fishing weekends when they get older, but 4 to 6 40 year old plus guys at a resort would seem weird, no?

And no, I would not touch them with a 10 foot pole...

Get them on the trains all the time. Usually pissed to feck. It would be sexual assault if the shoe was on the other foot.

Hedgehog 06-05-2018 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14244977)
Get them on the trains all the time. Usually pissed to feck. It would be sexual assault if the shoe was on the other foot.


It is the era of ďgirl powerĒ for sure.

Hedgehog 06-05-2018 10:09 PM

When you pull over to the side of the street to let an ambulance/paramedic/fire truck pass, and then no one will let you pull back out into the traffic flow.

Talk about I'm OK Jack!

Pawel Lis 06-05-2018 10:36 PM

When you pull over to the side of the street to let an ambulance/paramedic/fire engine pass, and the car behind goes to overtake you because they have not been checking their mirrors and/or are not aware of what is happening behind them.

congress 06-05-2018 11:20 PM

News channels that go to a beach because the weather has got over 80 degrees and then they interview some family usually sitting there pigging out on ice creams.

eagles073 06-05-2018 11:38 PM

That at 45, i have trouble finding normal fizzy drinks, i don't want sugar free, max or zero, where i live the subway drink machine all diet drinks, even a couple of pubs only sell pepsi max and why cause lazy arsed parents have no control over their kids and Jamie ******* Oliver sticking he's nose in. Rant over.

Hedgehog 06-05-2018 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawel Lis (Post 14246230)
When you pull over to the side of the street to let an ambulance/paramedic/fire engine pass, and the car behind goes to overtake you because they have not been checking their mirrors and/or are not aware of what is happening behind them.

That as well...

Plus I've had people honk at be for not going through a green light because there is an emergency service vehicle going through the red in the other direction. Can only assume they have the music blaring and cannot hear the sirens.

wedgetail 06-05-2018 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14244973)
Bear with me here...

When at a resort hotel, there are "gangs" of women on a "girls" get away. I assume some are married, some are divorced or even widowed, but a gang they are.

I guess as young men we did this to Spain or the like, but these are older (40+) and you see them everywhere (cruises apparently are the most popular).

I guess men do golf or sea fishing weekends when they get older, but 4 to 6 40 year old plus guys at a resort would seem weird, no?

And no, I would not touch them with a 10 foot pole...

When I worked at Bracknell I used to dread Ladies day at Ascot. The train was full of women pissed as hell with tits falling out of their dresses as they tottered around on high heels.

MasterYoda 07-05-2018 03:12 PM

Picture the scene, it’s gone midnight and you’ve sat through the 10 minutes of Infinity War credits waiting for the post credit scene. And then they turn the projector off on second into it and tell you it’s time to go.

That annoys me.

Jerry Murphy's Fringe 07-05-2018 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14246318)
That as well...

Plus I've had people honk at be for not going through a green light because there is an emergency service vehicle going through the red in the other direction. Can only assume they have the music blaring and cannot hear the sirens.

A couple of other blue-mist driving manoeuvres;
1) full anchors immediately, with no looking (beginner level)
2) dibbling along until just too close to a traffic island to let the ESV through (advanced level):wallbash:

Joe85 07-05-2018 07:34 PM

The Sigma notation. What an absolute pile of ******* shit.

*****.

TopKnot 07-05-2018 11:00 PM

CEO of amazon and multi-billionaire Jeff Bezos, asking the public what he should do with his vast fortune. After getting feedback from many people, what does he decide on? Helping the environment? Investing in small businesses? Medical research? Improving the jobs of his underpaid and overworked employees? No.

"The only way that I can see to deploy this much financial resource is by converting my Amazon winnings into space travel"

What an absolute ****

Hibernator 08-05-2018 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 14232902)
Anne Widdicombe - hideous woman

Fekk you. She's a lovely person.

Hibernator 08-05-2018 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 14237305)
Any Youtube video with the words Epic, Must See, Insane, Most, Craziest, Scary, Weird, Amazing etc in the title.

Not forgetting...

Wow. These hidden pics of ( insert random Z-lister here) will astound you!

Funniest Video you'll see all Year!! - Yeah right..

And the old favourite... You will NOT believe how these ( Insert 70s & 80s B Movie Stars) look now!!

Clickbait central crap :moo:

Maidstoned Eagle 08-05-2018 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterYoda (Post 14246892)
Picture the scene, itís gone midnight and youíve sat through the 10 minutes of Infinity War credits waiting for the post credit scene. And then they turn the projector off on second into it and tell you itís time to go.

That annoys me.


Prince Phillip 08-05-2018 09:44 PM

The camp mockney accent that music radio presenters under 30 all do.

Bipe 09-05-2018 02:56 PM

The trend for women wandering around the shops in ******* slippers. Just seen another one in Leicester city centre

V.Meldrew 09-05-2018 07:53 PM

Latin/South American samba music.

PeterH 09-05-2018 08:04 PM

Where else does samba music come from.

Worksop Palace 09-05-2018 08:05 PM

Nihal Athenika or whatever the ***** name is on radio 5. Had to listen to the sycophantic bellend all the way back from Scotland today

What a annoying wanker he is

Worksop Palace 09-05-2018 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bipe (Post 14249786)
The trend for women wandering around the shops in ******* slippers. Just seen another one in Leicester city centre

No thatís just leicester mate. Shit hole

Coastal Palace 09-05-2018 08:12 PM

People wishing good health to people on their deathbeds who you really hate and hope they die soon.

I'm one of those hypocritical so and so's.

Oldtown Eagle 09-05-2018 10:09 PM

Hardly new, but potholes. Hit one today on Caterham bypass, more like a crater. It's getting beyond ridiculous.

Hedgehog 09-05-2018 11:11 PM

Things that annoy you
 
My wife part XXVII.... She had to move my car 3 feet for reasons I won't go into. When I get in it next, she had moved the seat forward and adjusted the rest view mirror! Does my head in...

CamberleyEagle 09-05-2018 11:18 PM

Female equivalent of leaving the toilet seat up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14250772)
My wife part XXVII.... She had to move my car 3 feet for reasons I won't go into. When I get in it next, she had moved the seat forward and adjusted the rest view mirror! Does my head in...


dannyb1 11-05-2018 10:26 AM

I'm trying to select a new kettle from Argos as the old one is giving up the ghost (terribly exciting I know) but me being me I like to trawl the ratings and comments section to gauge the reviews, starting with the worst reviews just to see if the same problem/s crop up but instead have given myself a headache and am no nearer making a decision.

And it's bloody annoying.

Isle of Wight 11-05-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyb1 (Post 14252608)
I'm trying to select a new kettle from Argos as the old one is giving up the ghost (terribly exciting I know) but me being me I like to trawl the ratings and comments section to gauge the reviews, starting with the worst reviews just to see if the same problem/s crop up but instead have given myself a headache and am no nearer making a decision.

And it's bloody annoying.

I'm the same it drives my family mad and they end up shouting at me to "STOP OVER THINKING AND BUY THE DAM THING"

davech 11-05-2018 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyb1 (Post 14252608)
I'm trying to select a new kettle from Argos as the old one is giving up the ghost (terribly exciting I know) but me being me I like to trawl the ratings and comments section to gauge the reviews, starting with the worst reviews just to see if the same problem/s crop up but instead have given myself a headache and am no nearer making a decision.

And it's bloody annoying.

Just pick the one with a free toaster!

dannyb1 11-05-2018 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 14252649)
Just pick the one with a free toaster!

Then I'm presenting myself with another headache trying to find out the problems with said toaster. :D

andyocpfc 11-05-2018 12:03 PM

I do the same Danny. Long gone are the days I could just look at something and buy. Even if I were to, for instance see something in Jonl Lewis, I wouldn't buy there and then. I'd have to take photo of it, do some research, read reviews, look for a better price and the order it - it's tiresome but I can't help myself.

strawberry mivi 11-05-2018 12:12 PM

Anyone who doesn't do this earns my contempt.

cantspell 11-05-2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14250347)
Nihal Athenika or whatever the ***** name is on radio 5. Had to listen to the sycophantic bellend all the way back from Scotland today

What a annoying wanker he is


Absolutely useless annoying twat

ebyeeckeagle 11-05-2018 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14250347)
Nihal Athenika or whatever the ***** name is on radio 5. Had to listen to the sycophantic bellend all the way back from Scotland today

What a annoying wanker he is

Apparently he is Asian. As he manages to mention every 10 minutes.

Isle of Wight 11-05-2018 05:10 PM

We need to form a purchase prevarication support group

Or should we think about it first?

Danny_Cheviot 11-05-2018 05:18 PM

Commercial toilet roll dispensers.

hong_kong_hg 11-05-2018 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe (Post 14237839)
Still not resolved the last of three 'lost in transits' in one week. Last night's exchange with the Live Chat. Essentially they have sent me a link to make a claim that does not open..

08:34:29 PM]Karanraj Jedhe: I am sorry but I do not have the facility to do so while on chat
[08:37:05 PM]xxxxx: Ok, send it. I really just want this whole sorry episode to end. It is astonishing that; the delivery never made it, I can't talk to anyone for help, the parcel still shows as 'in transit', the tracking system does not work and the link I was sent to get my cash back does not work. What's the point? I will never ever being using this appalling service again. I could have hidden the clothes for two weeks myself, then dumped them in a puddle and saved myself the cash. Shambles.
[08:38:23 PM]Karanraj Jedhe: We are sorry for the poor service you have received.
[08:38:33 PM]Karanraj Jedhe: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
[08:39:51 PM]xxxx I don't doubt you are. You don't need to spend your days fielding this nonsense because your 'colleagues' are hopeless. You're sorry, I'm sorry - it's a sorry mess. Thank you and good-night.
[08:40:21 PM]Karanraj Jedhe: Thank you for contacting myHermes, have a good day.

Looks like you're talking to a chatbot there (I'm serious). Not the customer service you were looking for.

hong_kong_hg 11-05-2018 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SA Eagle (Post 14240660)
Virgin ******* Media. ******* *****!

Seven star ratings ******* everywhere on your posts!

hong_kong_hg 11-05-2018 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14250772)
My wife part XXVII.... She had to move my car 3 feet for reasons I won't go into. When I get in it next, she had moved the seat forward and adjusted the rest view mirror! Does my head in...

Time to trade in for a younger model H

Hedgehog 11-05-2018 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hong_kong_hg (Post 14253115)
Time to trade in for a younger model H

Well yes, but I'm not sure I would pass the MOT myself.

hong_kong_hg 11-05-2018 06:02 PM

I meant the car H :D

elgin eagle 11-05-2018 08:53 PM

Chasing a dog on the Forth Bridge. Just don't ask.

Cube72 11-05-2018 11:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dennis Wise on Sky TV suggesting Guardiola ought to win Manager Of The Year because of how wonderful he is and ďhow well he conducts himselfĒ
Attachment 50746
Piss Off!

cantspell 12-05-2018 03:49 PM

BBC news having a piece on a young Liverpool fullback 2 weeks before champions league final.

When did this become news

cappuccinoeagle 12-05-2018 06:48 PM

WH Smith overpricing wankers - hate em

Am Phibian 12-05-2018 06:49 PM

Slow, fat people walking in front of one on skinny pavements by a busy road. Oldies I can forgive but anyone under 70 not. Annoying gits.

FORZA SELHURST 12-05-2018 07:59 PM

The unavailability of 'red petrol'. I can buy red diesel but not 'red petrol' for my chainsaws, mowers & shit.

PIE "N" MASH 12-05-2018 07:59 PM

My lovely neighbour who can't be asked to get rid of the bind weed emanating from his garden.As good as got rid from mine then the hot dry spell followed by the rain and it's back with a vengeance.Coming through everywhere.In the middle of re doing the garden and this fecking stuff:veryangry:veryangry

Andy in Rome 12-05-2018 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH (Post 14254176)
My lovely neighbour who can't be asked to get rid of the bind weed emanating from his garden.As good as got rid from mine then the hot dry spell followed by the rain and it's back with a vengeance.Coming through everywhere.In the middle of re doing the garden and this fecking stuff:veryangry:veryangry

Just out of interest - how do you eradicate bindweed? The fecking stuff keeps on coming back to my garden despite all my best efforts.

... and no, I'm not your neighbour!

FORZA SELHURST 12-05-2018 08:10 PM

Kill it with fire.

elgin eagle 12-05-2018 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy in Rome (Post 14254179)
Just out of interest - how do you eradicate bindweed? The fecking stuff keeps on coming back to my garden despite all my best efforts.

... and no, I'm not your neighbour!

Take a pair of scissors or shears and snip the bindweed vine off at ground level. Watch the location carefully and cut the vine back again when it appears. This method forces the bindweed plant to use up its energy reservoirs in its roots, which will eventually kill it.

Olympian2 12-05-2018 09:16 PM

Robbie Williams, Olly Murs, Ben Shepherd & all of those narcissistic twats on Soccer Aid.

Especially when Williams lifts the trophy like he's won the World ******* Cup.

Terrace Bickle 12-05-2018 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH (Post 14254176)
My lovely neighbour who can't be asked to get rid of the bind weed emanating from his garden.As good as got rid from mine then the hot dry spell followed by the rain and it's back with a vengeance.Coming through everywhere.In the middle of re doing the garden and this fecking stuff:veryangry:veryangry

I spent months getting rid of it when we first bought our house, the garden was infested. I used to unwind it from the plants it was climbing and wind it into a clump ensuring you bruise the leaves. Stick the clump in one of those plastic fruit/veg bags that supermarkets provide and squirt in a little glysulphate weedkiller (Round up or similar). Tie the bag up to make sure the weedkiller doesn't drip anywhere, then leave it for a week. It works a treat.
I don't like using weedkiller but the advantage is it will kill the rhyzomes even though they maybe in your neighbour's garden. The only other alternative is to carefully dig them out of the ground, but even if a tiny part is left it will regrow.

PIE "N" MASH 13-05-2018 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 14254355)
I spent months getting rid of it when we first bought our house, the garden was infested. I used to unwind it from the plants it was climbing and wind it into a clump ensuring you bruise the leaves. Stick the clump in one of those plastic fruit/veg bags that supermarkets provide and squirt in a little glysulphate weedkiller (Round up or similar). Tie the bag up to make sure the weedkiller doesn't drip anywhere, then leave it for a week. It works a treat.
I don't like using weedkiller but the advantage is it will kill the rhyzomes even though they maybe in your neighbour's garden. The only other alternative is to carefully dig them out of the ground, but even if a tiny part is left it will regrow.

Thanks for the info,i spent a long time sifting the top soil last year and as far as I was concerned it was gone from my smallish garden.This week it is popping up everywhere,it's a bastard because in 2 weeks I had intended to lay the new lawn.Will have to put that on hold till this is dealt with again and hopefully the wanker next door will sort his side out(not going to hold me breath on that)
Failing him dealing with his side then i'm pretty much fecked:wallbash:

Terrace Bickle 13-05-2018 09:08 AM

I've got a neighbour who's garden has gone to pot and he obviously doesn't care. My mum, who loves her gardening has the same. It's very frustrating, but ultimately nothing you can do about it.

Isle of Wight 13-05-2018 09:50 AM

It's a nightmare. We had a new tarmac drive. Professionally spayed before laying. I wasn't happy so got him back a second time for another nuke withan even stronger mix. Next year "mole hills" appeared with the bastard stuff breaking through. I now go on a daily check to spot the little shits and put raw weed killer on. One advantage on the new tarmac is when it gets really really hot I can hammer it back down again.

Isle of Wight 13-05-2018 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 14254355)
I spent months getting rid of it when we first bought our house, the garden was infested. I used to unwind it from the plants it was climbing and wind it into a clump ensuring you bruise the leaves. Stick the clump in one of those plastic fruit/veg bags that supermarkets provide and squirt in a little glysulphate weedkiller (Round up or similar). Tie the bag up to make sure the weedkiller doesn't drip anywhere, then leave it for a week. It works a treat.
I don't like using weedkiller but the advantage is it will kill the rhyzomes even though they maybe in your neighbour's garden. The only other alternative is to carefully dig them out of the ground, but even if a tiny part is left it will regrow.

Great tip "must spread rep etc"

Terrace Bickle 13-05-2018 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 14254668)
It's a nightmare. We had a new tarmac drive. Professionally spayed before laying. I wasn't happy so got him back a second time for another nuke withan even stronger mix. Next year "mole hills" appeared with the bastard stuff breaking through. I now go on a daily check to spot the little shits and put raw weed killer on. One advantage on the new tarmac is when it gets really really hot I can hammer it back down again.

I didn't know it could grow through tarmac [emoji44], I thought only Japanese Knotweed could do that.

Isle of Wight 13-05-2018 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 14254678)
I didn't know it could grow through tarmac [emoji44], I thought only Japanese Knotweed could do that.

Well this stuff does! Its in some of the flower beds as well, but its a smaller version in both the leaves and flowers than the stuff I have come across before. I'll take a pic next time some appears. I've been slowly fighting and, fingers crossed, so far winning.

Yoda 13-05-2018 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Am Phibian (Post 14254108)
Slow, fat people walking in front of one on skinny pavements by a busy road. Oldies I can forgive but anyone under 70 not. Annoying gits.

Although it is annoying when oldies occupy the middle of the pavement, and then tutt when others back up behind them and try to pass.

Iím sometimes tempted to ask why they donít walk to one side, and then others can pass and they wonít feel under pressure to speed up. I imagine their motorway driving style is also a middle lane hog.

SA Eagle 13-05-2018 10:38 AM

Seven star rating warning for Hong_Kong_hg :D

Being woken up up quarter to seven on a Sunday morning by the bloke across the road running his motorbike engine to warm up, for ten ******* minutes.

Yoda 13-05-2018 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH (Post 14254176)
My lovely neighbour who can't be asked to get rid of the bind weed emanating from his garden.As good as got rid from mine then the hot dry spell followed by the rain and it's back with a vengeance.Coming through everywhere.In the middle of re doing the garden and this fecking stuff:veryangry:veryangry

If they take little notice of their garden, could you discreetly attack the stuff at your boundary before it makes its way into your garden?

For example, weed it as it comes over/through your boundary fence, or even slightly into their garden if you can reach over? Itís a pain, particularly as some people think the flowers are pretty so donít realise they need to control it.

jjeagle 13-05-2018 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SA Eagle (Post 14254729)
Seven star rating warning for Hong_Kong_hg :D

Being woken up up quarter to seven on a Sunday morning by the bloke across the road running his motorbike engine to warm up, for ten ******* minutes.

Your neighbours penis of a brother must live opposite me although this one owns some shit, old sports car which, when its a nice day for a drive with the top down, he sits in it for 10/15 mins warming the engine up.

When l can, l take great delight in parking my van by the entrance to his drive. It pisses him off immensely and when l drive off he gets in his other car, moves it off his drive and parks so l cant return to the same spot. Extremely childish l know but this routine is normally during the close season as l have very little else to entertain me.

Terrace Bickle 13-05-2018 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 14254722)
Well this stuff does! Its in some of the flower beds as well, but its a smaller version in both the leaves and flowers than the stuff I have come across before. I'll take a pic next time some appears. I've been slowly fighting and, fingers crossed, so far winning.

https://www.wisepropertycare.com/med...8/fullsize.jpg

This is knotweed, vile stuff as you probably know. I saw some nearby to where I live. The council have sprayed it every year and it's still coming back.

the digger 13-05-2018 11:31 AM

The people who have left their empty buggy unattended, blocking the doors of a busy train

Wolfnipplechips 13-05-2018 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the digger (Post 14254818)
The people who have left their empty buggy unattended, blocking the doors of a busy train

Bastards. Should have left the sprog in it.

Broken Britain.

PIE "N" MASH 13-05-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 14254735)
If they take little notice of their garden, could you discreetly attack the stuff at your boundary before it makes its way into your garden?

For example, weed it as it comes over/through your boundary fence, or even slightly into their garden if you can reach over? Itís a pain, particularly as some people think the flowers are pretty so donít realise they need to control it.

Have a mate who clears the side of railway tracks,apparently he can get hold of some stuff you need a licence to use.If it wasn't for Albert(me dog)I would be over his garden at night and spray the stuff everywhere;)

Fatboy 13-05-2018 11:35 PM

SYFY channel cancelling another programme I watch.


They blame poor ratings - but how many people actually watch a programme when it airs ?

Isle of Wight 13-05-2018 11:39 PM

WASPS

Every summer "nice day lets go to the Pub and sit in the garden"

EEEEEEEKKKK, **** OFF, MIND OUT, KEEP STILL AND IT WONT STING YOU AGHHH ******* THING. NOW THE DRINKS ARE SPILLED. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO NOW ITS TRAPPED UNDER THE GLASS? **** HERE COMES HIS MATE! etc etc etc


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.