CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Eagle's Nest 04-06-2021 11:37 PM

It's tough having 20 weeks of annual leave

Stellavista 05-06-2021 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 15824274)
It's tough having 20 weeks of annual leave

Incoming...

west country boy 05-06-2021 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 15824208)
Not a clue.

It's difficult to work out. However, I do know that Stella is teetotal, whereas Peter...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2d/ca...43e26322da.jpg

Wayne Andrews is God 05-06-2021 01:19 AM

Who is the biggest Palace fan has become who works the hardest on here it seems.

big bad John 05-06-2021 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15824164)
I haven't watched 5 episodes of When Eagles Dare whilst WFH like some other poster admitted to.

I am not sure I have ever posted on the Brexit thread, I certainly haven't entered into any debate with anyone on that thread. You can check through if you like.

It was meant in light hearted jest. Martyrdom has made you go all sensitive.;)

Hedgehog 05-06-2021 02:58 AM

I use Firefox as my web browser... had everything where I like it.

In the background it updated itself today, and changed my themes (appearance) and gone all into a dark mode (As an aside, what is this obsession with dark modes?).

I've tried putting it all back how I like it to no avail.

I was contemplating restoring the computer to a restore date but I fear it won't effect Firefox.

Wankers!

It's even messed with how I view this BBS... silly little things, but change none the less.

Hedgehog 05-06-2021 03:00 AM

And in other news, having been wielding a hammer all day... pen pushers have nothing to complain about.

Jonboy 05-06-2021 03:58 AM

Go into settings. At the bottom right there is an icon for extensions and themes. Click on this this then click on themes. You can change your theme. I find the light one works best.

Hedgehog 05-06-2021 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonboy (Post 15824375)
Go into settings. At the bottom right there is an icon for extensions and themes. Click on this this then click on themes. You can change your theme. I find the light one works best.


Iíll take another lookÖ. Thanks.

Hedgehog 05-06-2021 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonboy (Post 15824375)
Go into settings. At the bottom right there is an icon for extensions and themes. Click on this this then click on themes. You can change your theme. I find the light one works best.


Iíll take another lookÖ. Thanks.

Hedgehog 05-06-2021 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15824376)
Iíll take another lookÖ. Thanks.

Pretty much it's a cluster ****...

I'll get over it...

Maidstoned Eagle 05-06-2021 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15824290)
Incoming...

Not really, a silly and common misconception rolled out to get a reaction. Probably by the sort of person who thinks immigrants are stealing all the jobs.

Maidstoned Eagle 05-06-2021 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15824365)
I use Firefox as my web browser... had everything where I like it.

In the background it updated itself today, and changed my themes (appearance) and gone all into a dark mode (As an aside, what is this obsession with dark modes?).

I've tried putting it all back how I like it to no avail.

I was contemplating restoring the computer to a restore date but I fear it won't effect Firefox.

Wankers!

It's even messed with how I view this BBS... silly little things, but change none the less.

Firefox updated for me but then asked if I wanted to change the settings, I clicked no and it's remained the same as before.

Maidstoned Eagle 05-06-2021 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 15824253)
Protected species, innit.

We are also extremely sexy. :hi:

Pidster 05-06-2021 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15823913)
Are you mixing me up with someone else?

I doubt I have ever listed mine - because I don't have any - I am a nobody.

.

errrrm

Maz 05-06-2021 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pidster (Post 15824461)

Ah, that was PeterHyde.

Whereas you are chatting to Peter Jekyll.

pallet 05-06-2021 10:31 AM

Sony music. My wife posted a video of her mother on facebook with memories pictures and music. She got an email form sony telling her she does not have permission for the music and they have removed the music.

Eagle's Nest 05-06-2021 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15824432)
Not really, a silly and common misconception rolled out to get a reaction. Probably by the sort of person who thinks immigrants are stealing all the jobs.

Quantum jumping the shark

Isle of Wight 05-06-2021 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15824432)
Not really, a silly and common misconception rolled out to get a reaction. Probably by the sort of person who thinks immigrants are stealing all the jobs.

Iíve often thought about this, where do they take them?

Maidstoned Eagle 05-06-2021 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 15824513)
Quantum jumping the shark

Whats up? Dont like people making huge generalisations, especially when theyre aimed at you?

Wow, who'd have thought?

west country boy 05-06-2021 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 15824520)
Iíve often thought about this, where do they take them?

Lineker's Bar, in Maidstoned's case.

Eagle's Nest 05-06-2021 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15824645)
Whats up? Dont like people making huge generalisations, especially when theyre aimed at you?

Wow, who'd have thought?

The over-sensitivity of teachers when you mention the amount of annual leave they have never ceases to amaze me.

Hedgehog 05-06-2021 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15824434)
Firefox updated for me but then asked if I wanted to change the settings, I clicked no and it's remained the same as before.

I suspect it did for me also, but I must of ignored it... unfortunately.

PeterH 05-06-2021 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big bad John (Post 15824343)
It was meant in light hearted jest. Martyrdom has made you go all sensitive.;)

I wouldn't go against you. Your username suggests that I wouldn't come out the best in a straightener in The Cherries toilets.

Reps AJ 05-06-2021 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 15824663)
The over-sensitivity of teachers when you mention the amount of annual leave they have never ceases to amaze me.

To be fair, they don't actually have that much when you consider all the extra effort and work they put into correcting people who say they get loads of holidays

PeterH 05-06-2021 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 15824663)
The over-sensitivity of teachers when you mention the amount of annual leave they have never ceases to amaze me.

It never ceases to amaze me that people assume that all teachers have 20 weeks holiday.

I used to have January and February off - for the best part of 15 years.
But we were on 9 month renewable contracts - that effectively meant that we had no money for the months of February or March.

Not great having blazing sunshine and everyone at the beach when you are effectively unemployed (shall we say 'holiday'). Joining them at the beach involved accruing some debt which had to be paid back from the end of March and end of April pay cheques. And the March wage was for only 3 weeks.

Nowadays, if I or CT Palace take a week or two off, we don't get paid for that time off. I potentially have classes for 12 months of the year, if I chose to take them.

Let's just rename this thread Mythbusters.

What is your job Mr Nest? Maybe we can all have a little delve into it.

Eagle's Nest 05-06-2021 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15824956)
It never ceases to amaze me that people assume that all teachers have 20 weeks holiday.

I used to have January and February off - for the best part of 15 years.
But we were on 9 month renewable contracts - that effectively meant that we had no money for the months of February or March.

Not great having blazing sunshine and everyone at the beach when you are effectively unemployed (shall we say 'holiday'). Joining them at the beach involved accruing some debt which had to be paid back from the end of March and end of April pay cheques. And the March wage was for only 3 weeks.

Nowadays, if I or CT Palace take a week or two off, we don't get paid for that time off. I potentially have classes for 12 months of the year, if I chose to take them.

Let's just rename this thread Mythbusters.

What is your job Mr Nest? Maybe we can all have a little delve into it.

Transponster. I get paid for the whole year and I don't like the beach.

Eagle's Nest 05-06-2021 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pidster (Post 15824461)

https://youtu.be/D6llaZefJDc

PeterH 05-06-2021 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pidster (Post 15824461)

Okay.

If I remember correctly, you apologised to me. And you declined to list your achievements, jobs etc..

It is always helpful, for anyone that didn't see the original posts to put things in full context.

As always on here, I went on the attack because I was forced to defend myself.

What is more interesting, for a poster who rarely posts these days, is that you seem to have bookmarked that for future use. That is rather odd behaviour on a friendly and fast moving social chat site. Most of us have vague memories of people writing something in the past - it takes a certain oddness to keep a file of posts for little future time bombs.

Ultimately, it comes down to the poor BBS trait of attacking posters for the job that they do, rather than the points of the posts they are making.

I don't know whether some teachers are lazy, whinging good for nothings that can't do a real job, or whether they are dedicated professionals that often put a lot of extra work in. I do know that they are an easy target for glib posters that rarely post what they do for a living, but think they are witty with their easy, cheap jibes.

None of this has anything to do with the comment I made about teachers having had to work in tough conditions over the last year. I explained why those 'exceptional' conditions were particularly tough. And I don't really understand why that has turned into an invitation for all and sundry to have a pop.

I have already put Stella right on this issue. If you want me to sort the rest of you out, I will do so.

At least the likes of Maz get what I have said. It is not complicated.

PeterH 05-06-2021 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 15824958)
Transponster.

I don't know what that is?

Eagle's Nest 05-06-2021 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15824964)
I don't know what that is?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.urb...nster&amp=true

PeterH 05-06-2021 05:56 PM

Originating on a "Friends" episode, Rachel incorrectly names Chandler's data processing job as a "transponster". Transponster is now commonly used to describe an office job not clearly defined as one role/responsibility, but a combination of data entry and analysis. This sort of role is difficult for the employee to describe to friends or family, often sounding boring, confusing or both to those outside the office environment.
Working in the revenue department of a hotel, the e-commerce specialist is often found performing a number of tasks outside of "e-commerce". These tasks can include forecasting, reporting, data entry and analysis, along with a monotony of other day-to-day tasks. Not easily defined, she is commonly referred to as a "transponster" by friends and coworkers.


You have my sympathy.

And my thanks. I have learnt something today.

Eagle's Nest 05-06-2021 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15824975)
Originating on a "Friends" episode, Rachel incorrectly names Chandler's data processing job as a "transponster". Transponster is now commonly used to describe an office job not clearly defined as one role/responsibility, but a combination of data entry and analysis. This sort of role is difficult for the employee to describe to friends or family, often sounding boring, confusing or both to those outside the office environment.
Working in the revenue department of a hotel, the e-commerce specialist is often found performing a number of tasks outside of "e-commerce". These tasks can include forecasting, reporting, data entry and analysis, along with a monotony of other day-to-day tasks. Not easily defined, she is commonly referred to as a "transponster" by friends and coworkers.


You have my sympathy.

It's ok. I only do that as my 9-5. In the evenings I help my wife grow her onlyfans business by creating great social media content.

CT_Palace 05-06-2021 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15824956)
It never ceases to amaze me that people assume that all teachers have 20 weeks holiday.

I used to have January and February off - for the best part of 15 years.
But we were on 9 month renewable contracts - that effectively meant that we had no money for the months of February or March.

Not great having blazing sunshine and everyone at the beach when you are effectively unemployed (shall we say 'holiday'). Joining them at the beach involved accruing some debt which had to be paid back from the end of March and end of April pay cheques. And the March wage was for only 3 weeks.

Nowadays, if I or CT Palace take a week or two off, we don't get paid for that time off. I potentially have classes for 12 months of the year, if I chose to take them.

Let's just rename this thread Mythbusters.

What is your job Mr Nest? Maybe we can all have a little delve into it.

I haven't had a day off apart from public hols since October 2019. Admittedly I'm only working what amounts to half days on Mondays and Fridays but Tues-Thurs are 9am to 7:30pm full on. And when I have a translation job it's usually a case of working all weekend.

Having said that, I still feel less stressed and more relaxed about my work compared to my previous corporate life. They key is being in control of how much work I take on. You're not going to find me applying for a job in a school for example. Screw that.

Stellavista 05-06-2021 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15824962)

I have already put Stella right on this issue. If you want me to sort the rest of you out, I will do so.

:supergrin:

PeterH 05-06-2021 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15824981)
I haven't had a day off apart from public hols since October 2019. Admittedly I'm only working what amounts to half days on Mondays and Fridays but Tues-Thurs are 9am to 7:30pm full on. And when I have a translation job it's usually a case of working all weekend.

Having said that, I still feel less stressed and more relaxed about my work compared to my previous corporate life. They key is being in control of how much work I take on. You're not going to find me applying for a job in a school for example. Screw that.

Indeed. After all those years, I doubt I will see the inside of a classroom ever again. The sea change in WFH brought on by the pandemic creating a 'new normal' has utterly restructured our way of working.

You will go back to 'some' presencial in office classes - I suspect I might not even do that.

One on one online is the new preference for me and my students. Before, students weren't really open to the idea, expressing a preference for face to face classes - but with Teams etc just kicking Skype into touch, and the needs must approach of the last year - they now love the format.

The HR and education departments of our main clients (and traditional educational establishments like universities) see this as the future, and a way to make extra money for the traditional brick and mortar establishments. Schools require presential teaching for all kinds of teaching. Universities can mix and match depending on the make up of their student programmes. I strongly suspect that working, evening and Saturday students will be mostly online going forward. It sits well with balancing work and family with studying opportunities.

I may look into teaching of teachers, conference work and training. I have had some interesting offers.

west country boy 05-06-2021 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15824962)
I have already put Stella right on this issue. If you want me to sort the rest of you out, I will do so.

http://www.mbedd.com/pictures/8ace.jpg

xmasape 05-06-2021 06:46 PM

Ouch.

PeterH 05-06-2021 09:10 PM

I would rally against that, but it is nice having shortarse back following his jail sentence for tramp wanking.

I suspect he was grateful that he shared a cell with SC that kept the child fanciers at bay.

Sick Bucket 05-06-2021 10:50 PM

Boooooo!

It's annoying when good, fun threads descend into yet another bitchfest, dick swinging competition.

steve13 05-06-2021 10:55 PM

I cannot stand the phrases:
"Start over"
"Reach out" when used to mean to make contact
"Ta"

GorBlimey 05-06-2021 10:58 PM

People who turn threads like "the Next Manager Saga" into some kind of f*cking political bitch fest.


Please f*ck off back to the politics forum and leave us to spout off our bollocks about football while you spout off your bollocks about politics in that cesspit.

in-exile 05-06-2021 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 15825989)
People who turn threads like "the Next Manager Saga" into some kind of f*cking political bitch fest.


Please f*ck off back to the politics forum and leave us to spout off our bollocks about football while you spout off your bollocks about politics in that cesspit.

I blame Brexit...

PeterH 06-06-2021 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 15825980)
Boooooo!

It's annoying when good, fun threads descend into yet another bitchfest, dick swinging competition.

I am having fun.


Mainly, because despite being called a moaner by Stella, I haven't had anything that I find annoying for a good while. Thus, I have to annoy people on here.

My annoyances tend to be big, structurl annoyances that belong on other threads - like Covid.

For example, the government here opening everything up so the people can queue up in large numbers to vote for politicians. Then closing it all down again after the numbers have started to rise. And WITHOUT a single reference anywhere (even by the media) of the election weekend being a root cause.

How is that for getting the thread back on track? A proper gripe, none of this pathetic work zoom call running over to 5.30pm nonsense.

Staines Eagle 06-06-2021 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 15824274)
It's tough having 20 weeks of annual leave

Go full time?

PeterH 06-06-2021 04:19 AM

I got one that niggles...and it also invites the usual Palace/modern football apologists...

How is it that there is a 'secret' training ground incident that robs our most important player for nearly all of the rest of the season - Tomkins.

Yet, Bruyne gets his face smashed up and is able to join the Belgium squad very shortly after?

Maidstoned Eagle 06-06-2021 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 15824663)
The over-sensitivity of teachers when you mention the amount of annual leave they have never ceases to amaze me.

Not sensitive at all, however mention you don't like immigrants and you get all pissy.

Still, finish on 15th June until September 20th, lovely. Enjoy your fruit picking.

Maidstoned Eagle 06-06-2021 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15824651)
Lineker's Bar, in Maidstoned's case.

I'm barred, after finding dubious substances amongst items being sent back to the UK by a certain footballers brother.

Eagle's Nest 06-06-2021 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15826642)
Not sensitive at all, however mention you don't like immigrants and you get all pissy.

Still, finish on 15th June until September 20th, lovely. Enjoy your fruit picking.

I didn't get pissy.

Pidster 06-06-2021 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15824962)
Okay.

If I remember correctly, you apologised to me. And you declined to list your achievements, jobs etc..

It is always helpful, for anyone that didn't see the original posts to put things in full context.

As always on here, I went on the attack because I was forced to defend myself.

What is more interesting, for a poster who rarely posts these days, is that you seem to have bookmarked that for future use. That is rather odd behaviour on a friendly and fast moving social chat site. Most of us have vague memories of people writing something in the past - it takes a certain oddness to keep a file of posts for little future time bombs.

Ultimately, it comes down to the poor BBS trait of attacking posters for the job that they do, rather than the points of the posts they are making.

I don't know whether some teachers are lazy, whinging good for nothings that can't do a real job, or whether they are dedicated professionals that often put a lot of extra work in. I do know that they are an easy target for glib posters that rarely post what they do for a living, but think they are witty with their easy, cheap jibes.

None of this has anything to do with the comment I made about teachers having had to work in tough conditions over the last year. I explained why those 'exceptional' conditions were particularly tough. And I don't really understand why that has turned into an invitation for all and sundry to have a pop.

I have already put Stella right on this issue. If you want me to sort the rest of you out, I will do so.

At least the likes of Maz get what I have said. It is not complicated.

“Bookmarked”. You wrote the post less than a month ago ( not a challenge for my fading memory) and I used the BBS’s user friendly search function.

Maz 06-06-2021 10:36 AM

Not too sure I like "the likes of Maz" either.

Isle of Wight 06-06-2021 11:04 AM

I’m joining the “when threads get derailed” gang

Maidstoned Eagle 06-06-2021 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15826806)
Not too sure I like "the likes of Maz" either.

Mazlike

Maidstoned Eagle 06-06-2021 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 15826676)
I didn't get pissy.

Course you didn't, pickle. Xx

Eagle's Nest 06-06-2021 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15826873)
Course you didn't, pickle. Xx

Let's look at the facts:

I make a well versed but entirely benign comment about how much annual leave teachers have.

You respond by insinuating that I am at best xenophobic or, at worst, racist. I point out, again benignly, the extremity of that comment. You tell me I'm getting pissy.

One of us was being very sensitive. The other wasn't.

You showing off about all your annual leave in comparison to me being a fruit picker was then evidence of how much you don't judge people on their employment?

This has been another great conversation with a drunk boomer.

west country boy 06-06-2021 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15826806)
Not too sure I like "the likes of Maz" either.

Who does?

Maz 06-06-2021 12:19 PM

Can't believe I delivered you such a great assist.

Maidstoned Eagle 06-06-2021 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 15826943)
Let's look at the facts:

I make a well versed but entirely benign comment about how much annual leave teachers have.

You respond by insinuating that I am at best xenophobic or, at worst, racist. I point out, again benignly, the extremity of that comment. You tell me I'm getting pissy.

One of us was being very sensitive. The other wasn't.

You showing off about all your annual leave in comparison to me being a fruit picker was then evidence of how much you don't judge people on their employment?

This has been another great conversation with a drunk boomer.

Whatever you say, pickle. xx

NRM the 2nd 06-06-2021 02:17 PM

Walkers playing around with monster munch. What have they done, different shape, different texture and flavour has lost something.

Leave one of the best crisps alone

Vendy 06-06-2021 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NRM the 2nd (Post 15827072)
Walkers playing around with monster munch. What have they done, different shape, different texture and flavour has lost something.

Leave one of the best crisps alone

Exactly! What flavour now just a vague hint of pickled onion and a maize starchy aftertaste.

I assumed it was because we bought a multipack on special offer.

That's another annoyance, in store offers the product packaging remains the same but they **** with the product to hit the price point!

NRM the 2nd 06-06-2021 03:38 PM

Same with flamin hot as well. Ruined.

New and improved, when in any product has that ever worked

Reps AJ 06-06-2021 03:46 PM

Just seen an article summary where the journalist said an activity reminded them of being back in their student days. They graduated three years ago. That's annoyed me for some irrational reason.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 06-06-2021 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NRM the 2nd (Post 15827072)
Walkers playing around with monster munch. What have they done, different shape, different texture and flavour has lost something.

Leave one of the best crisps alone

I'm still scratching my head as to why Sky Divers had to be discontinued. Those Chutney flavoured crisps....:love:

Isle of Wight 06-06-2021 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 15826943)
Let's look at the facts:

I make a well versed but entirely benign comment about how much annual leave teachers have.

You respond by insinuating that I am at best xenophobic or, at worst, racist. I point out, again benignly, the extremity of that comment. You tell me I'm getting pissy.

One of us was being very sensitive. The other wasn't.

You showing off about all your annual leave in comparison to me being a fruit picker was then evidence of how much you don't judge people on their employment?

This has been another great conversation with a drunk boomer.

If you are a fruit picker, Iím bloody impressed. Mate of mine did it and would collapse every night with exhaustion. Loved every minute, come rain or shine stomping about in wellie boots.

Eagle's Nest 06-06-2021 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 15827193)
If you are a fruit picker, Iím bloody impressed. Mate of mine did it and would collapse every night with exhaustion. Loved every minute, come rain or shine stomping about in wellie boots.

I am not a fruit picker.

Blind_Eagle 06-06-2021 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 15827295)
I am not a fruit picker.

Are you a fruit pickers son?

fang 06-06-2021 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 15827306)
Are you a fruit pickers son?

:D

Eagle's Nest 06-06-2021 06:44 PM

Is this a homophobic thing?

PeterH 06-06-2021 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pidster (Post 15826679)
ďBookmarkedĒ. You wrote the post less than a month ago ( not a challenge for my fading memory) and I used the BBSís user friendly search function.

You were always Mister Pokey Stick on here. Maz's valet when you double teamed against Alf's pomposity. Keep it up. It often amuses me.

PeterH 06-06-2021 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 15827193)
If you are a fruit picker, Iím bloody impressed. Mate of mine did it and would collapse every night with exhaustion. Loved every minute, come rain or shine stomping about in wellie boots.

LOL. That is how untrue comments quicky become fact on the BBS.

PeterH 06-06-2021 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 15827295)
I am not a fruit picker.

I reckon that will annoy you when people keep saying it.

How do you like those apples?

Eagle's Nest 06-06-2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15827383)
You were always Mister Pokey Stick on here. Maz's valet when you double teamed against Alf's pomposity. Keep it up. It often amuses me.

Ahhh, the true mark of the bully, deflecting insults onto someone else.

Eagle's Nest 06-06-2021 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15827390)
I reckon that will annoy you when people keep saying it.

How do you like those apples?

I really couldn't care less Peter whether someone thinks I pick fruit for a living or if they want to use the phrase as a homophobic slur.

I do ok for myself, although I don't do anything particularly noteworthy. Not like reaching the heady heights of being the best, four years in a row, at teaching Spanish speaking students how to ask for directions to the library in English.

Reps AJ 06-06-2021 07:28 PM

At least we now know fruit pickers work hard, nice to know someone is

Isle of Wight 06-06-2021 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15827389)
LOL. That is how untrue comments quicky become fact on the BBS.

:) sorry I didnít bother fact check by reading back in the thread. It was a genuine comment. Can we get back to normal here now please I and just have posts of things that annoy ?

PeterH 06-06-2021 07:37 PM

People trying to rerail threads.

Hibernator 06-06-2021 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15824365)
I use Firefox as my web browser... had everything where I like it.

In the background it updated itself today, and changed my themes (appearance) and gone all into a dark mode (As an aside, what is this obsession with dark modes?).

I've tried putting it all back how I like it to no avail.

I was contemplating restoring the computer to a restore date but I fear it won't effect Firefox.

Wankers!

It's even messed with how I view this BBS... silly little things, but change none the less.

There is a link here amongst the advice, to enable you to downgrade to the previous version.


https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...evious-version

Blind_Eagle 06-06-2021 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 15827349)
Is this a homophobic thing?

No.

Blind_Eagle 06-06-2021 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 15827401)
or if they want to use the phrase as a homophobic slur.

What on Earth are you on about? :D

Eagle's Nest 06-06-2021 08:12 PM

If

Blind_Eagle 06-06-2021 08:29 PM

Kipling was a fruit picker?

RazorsEdge 06-06-2021 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 15827550)
Kipling was a fruit picker?

Very good :)

art malice 06-06-2021 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 15827570)
Very good :)

Exceedingly surely.

RazorsEdge 06-06-2021 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 15827585)
Exceedingly surely.

I agree Exceedingly.

Maidstoned Eagle 06-06-2021 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 15827550)
Kipling was a fruit picker?

He was a better man than you Gunga Din

Stellavista 07-06-2021 06:27 PM

Having put my trusty, built like a Soviet-era tank, Blackberry Key One in for a charger port replacement, I am currently using my wifeís spare iPhone. What a piece of shit it is. How the f*ck do you lot put up with them? Expensive garbage.

Maidstoned Eagle 07-06-2021 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15829408)
Having put my trusty, built like a Soviet-era tank, Blackberry Key One in for a charger port replacement, I am currently using my wifeís spare iPhone. What a piece of shit it is. How the f*ck do you lot put up with them? Expensive garbage.

Marketing and peer pressure.

Stellavista 07-06-2021 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15829415)
Marketing and peer pressure.

People actively want to be sold, and use, overpriced shite? Is there any hope for humanity? F*cking madness. Never had one, but are Samsung any better?

pallet 07-06-2021 06:45 PM

Sadly we now in live in an era whete what you have seems more important than what you are

Maidstoned Eagle 07-06-2021 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15829420)
People actively want to be sold, and use, overpriced shite? Is there any hope for humanity? F*cking madness. Never had one, but are Samsung any better?

To me theyre just a phone, as long as it makes calls and i can use several apps I dont care. I now have a "indestructable" Blackview which can withstand bangs and being dropped in water, which has happened whilst on playground duty. (Thought I soon have 3 months holiday so hopefully it will be ok for the beach and lounging by the pool)

I remember a mates son going on and on about why the iPhone is "the best phone you can get....but its very fragile" He missed the point when I said that, because of its fragility its obviously not "the best".

Sharkba1t 07-06-2021 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15829408)
Having put my trusty, built like a Soviet-era tank, Blackberry Key One in for a charger port replacement, I am currently using my wifeís spare iPhone. What a piece of shit it is. How the f*ck do you lot put up with them? Expensive garbage.

Lol, they are overly expensive, but if you have an iPad, then you can use the iPhone in pretty much in the same way. I'm an old fart and useless with tech, and find the iPhone ok tbh.
But what do i know.

Sharkba1t 07-06-2021 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 15827416)
At least we now know fruit pickers work hard, nice to know someone is

The Southern US rely on the extremely hard work of Mexicans to do the fruit picking and the hard farm work. Yet apparently they are all rapists. Where do they find the time!

Stellavista 07-06-2021 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkba1t (Post 15829430)
Lol, they are overly expensive, but if you have an iPad, then you can use the iPhone in pretty much in the same way. I'm an old fart and useless with tech, and find the iPhone ok tbh.
But what do i know.

I don’t have any issue using technology or adapting to new kit, but when it’s plainly shite, I’m not going to endorse it. Three days with this heap of crap will be more than enough.
But I know I am getting old when I read ‘Traditional touchscreen facility’.

I suppose I’ve seen it all, having had my first mobile phone in 1986.

Bintang 07-06-2021 07:34 PM

Seeing Kay Burley back on Sky News

chrisophiex 07-06-2021 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15829408)
Having put my trusty, built like a Soviet-era tank, Blackberry Key One in for a charger port replacement, I am currently using my wifeís spare iPhone. What a piece of shit it is. How the f*ck do you lot put up with them? Expensive garbage.


Ladies and Gentlemen.....weíve found him. Britainís last BlackBerry user

:)

Stellavista 07-06-2021 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 15829525)
Ladies and Gentlemen.....we’ve found him. Britain’s last BlackBerry user

:)

Certainly our phone suppliers no longer issue them, but surprisingly they are still quite sought after, and parts are readily available and cheap. There is a new 5G model due later this year. Personally, I prefer a physical keyboard, as well as a touch screen that is far more responsive than this piece of Apple crap. And I prefer its industrial good looks. Steam Punk phone.

CP-RJW 07-06-2021 09:08 PM

iPhones themselves are fragile, but I’ve got an amazing case which could probably withstand a nuke.

Spigen tough armour, if anyone with an iphone is in the market for one.

PalaceForever 07-06-2021 09:28 PM

I don’t like physical keyboards on mobile phones as my fingers are too big for the keys. I can type very quickly on an iPhone keyboard with two thumbs…I think the trick is to just type quickly and trust the auto correct software, the vast majority of little typos are corrected accurately.

But having said that, if you have an old iPhone, they do tend to get sluggish with software updates (intentionally, I’m sure).

PeterH 07-06-2021 09:32 PM

Buying a Samsung for 90 quid seems to serve me well enough.

PeterH 07-06-2021 09:38 PM

I had a little pique of annotance today. I went to the Homecentre for the 5 or 6 items we have wanted for a while. No queues today.

Not far from my house, but far enough that I would want to be lugging the things home. I went to the taxi rank next to the store and one chap wasn-t interested because it was a short journey. Two others pretended they were on their break - I was seemingly invisible to them as they then proceeded to call out for business.

I asked them if Uber tended to use this street which for some reason irked them. I pointed out that they didn't want to do short journeys, so what was the service they were providing.

My sympathy for their 'plight' has changed somewhat.

The taxi driver that took me got double the fare with the tip I added.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.