CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 31-08-2010 05:34 PM

Brandon Spikes has been caught with his erm, unit out on chatroulette talking to a hot girl.

Why do I know that Vince Wilfork is never, ever going to let that lie in the locker room.

Funk Butter 31-08-2010 09:02 PM

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insid...ory?id=5501329

Well that's the NFC sorted, now who will the Falcons play in the Super Bowl.

pauldrulez 01-09-2010 11:57 AM

Leigh Bodden to IR.

Patriots fans fall on their faces when they look at their secondary and realise 4th year average Safety Meriweather is the oldest guy there.

Meriweather, 4th year, FS.
Chung, 2nd year, SS.
Butler, 2nd year, CB.
McCourty, 1st year, CB.

Well, at least it's a quick Secondary and they can't be worse than last year and the year before :D

Swanny32 01-09-2010 12:27 PM

Bucs cut Ward

LLCOOLSTEVE 02-09-2010 12:01 AM

ochocinco is cracking me up lately :d His facebook is awesome.... plus he is paying for 60 people to eat dinner tonight, first 60 to meet him at some place he is at for dinner at 6pm.... has he done that regularly in the past??

Swanny32 02-09-2010 09:13 AM

Yeah, he did a few film nights not so long ago, first 100 people to turn up got in for free at the cinema.

Bellyman 02-09-2010 10:05 AM

Football's coming home to Channel 4



http://www.nfluk.com/news/football-i...-4-010910.html

Bellyman 02-09-2010 10:12 AM

Channel 4 Fixtures

1
Sunday, September 12
Dallas @ Washington

2
Sunday, September 19
NY Giants @ Indianapolis

3
Sunday, September 26
NY Jets @ Miami

4
Sunday, October 3
Chicago @ NY Giants

5
Sunday, October 10
Philadelphia @ San Francisco

6
Sunday, October 17
Indianapolis @ Washington

7
Sunday, October 24
Minnesota @ Green Bay

8
Sunday, October 31
Pittsburgh @ New Orleans

9
Sunday, November 7
Dallas @ Green Bay

10
Sunday, November 14
New England @ Pittsburgh

11
Sunday, November 21
NY Giants @ Philadelphia

12
Sunday, November 28
San Diego @ Indianapolis

13
Sunday, December 5
Pittsburgh @ Baltimore

14
Sunday, December 12
Philadelphia @ Dallas

15
Sunday, December 19
Green Bay @ New England

16
Sunday, December 26
San Diego @ Cincinnati

17
Sunday, January 2
TBD @ TBD

Bellyman 02-09-2010 10:13 AM

I will finally be able to watch NFL at my flat!!

zonin2000 02-09-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellyman
Football's coming home to Channel 4



http://www.nfluk.com/news/football-i...-4-010910.html

Good news.

Still unclear as to whether a terrestrial channel will be doing a weekly highlights show, as five did last year. I would guess Channel 4 are in the box seat for this, as they have the SNF deal.

Whoever (if anyone) gets it, it's important to strike a balance between educating newbies and keeping it fun for them (albeit not necessarily 'Sack Jack' or 'Wet Brett'), whilst keeping existing fans interested.

Perhaps extended (five minute, NFL Gameday style) highlights of the best five games, some educational bits, top 10 plays, a feature and then a round up of the rest of the week's games.

pauldrulez 02-09-2010 12:36 PM

I'm going to have a rant here about my favourite subject, The Jets.

It's also going to be unbiased.

They suck.... kidding.

I think they are the most overrated team in a long, long time.

Mark Sanchez is very overrated. He threw more picks than Jay Cutler last year and has put up about 16 points in 3 pre-season games while looking terrible. It doesn't matter how good your Receivers are if the QB is making a terrible decision or just doesn't throw the ball right.

Their Running game is overrated. All this about Shonn Greene. He had 100 or so carries last year and didn't do all that much until the postseason. Why? Because he was fresh. Replacing Thomas Jones with LT and letting Faneca go are terrible decisions for their Running game and their Offense.

Their pass-rush is overrated. Why do they get so much pressure on QB's? Is it with 3 guys? or 4? No. They get pressure when they send 6 or 7 guys at the QB. They will be hurt hard now that QBs have started to realise this. Brady, Henne and Edwards all looked good in their teams 2nd game against the Jets. And Manning got going in the 2nd half of the AFCCG. Without Revis, they have a questionable Defence. They'll stop the run because they have Jenkins back. But without Revis, they cannot send 7 guys each time because Receivers will get open. They need to pay the guy because like McNeill, V.Jackson and Mankins at SD and in NE, these guys aren't coming back anytime soon.

Rex Ryan. Watching Hard Knocks, he might be the most amusing coach in the NFL. Would I want him as the Patriots coach? Probably not. But, he's good for the game. ("Revis, Where are you Revis?"). The only bit of Hard Knocks I didn't like was Brian Jackson being bullied by the players. Tieing him upside down to the goalposts and pouring everything over him (including something that looked like piss) was a bit over the top.

I'm calling it now. Jets will be 3rd in the AFC East. 8-8 at best.

End rant.

And relax. :moo:

oz_da II 02-09-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Mark Sanchez is very overrated.

I'm going to have disagree here, not that I'm a Sanchez fan, not at all. I disagree because he can't be overrated when not many, if any, actually rate him.

Bellyman 02-09-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
I'm going to have disagree here, not that I'm a Sanchez fan, not at all. I disagree because he can't be overrated when not many, if any, actually rate him.


I am sure some of the Pod cast's I have listen to recently have said that he is going to have a good season, so therefore people do rate him.

Although I could of dreamt this :D

ardeo 02-09-2010 02:01 PM

I pretty much agree with Paul, beating two teams thanks to missed FGs in the playoffs does not make you a great team. They weren't good enough during the season and although I expect some improvement during the season doubt they will do as well in the playoffs, should they make them.

Strathclyde Eagle 02-09-2010 02:07 PM

Agree with most of Paul's post, but Henne's better game againt the Jets was the first one. We pulled the second one out with a combination of defence and special teams (okay, Ted Ginn - clearly his finest hour as a Fin).

Also arguing that they generate pass rush only because of the number of players they send... have you ever seen clips of the 85 Bears? They sent 8 or 9 regularly.

EagleSE24 02-09-2010 02:13 PM

Has the second episode of Hard Knocks come out yet?

zonin2000 02-09-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleSE24
Has the second episode of Hard Knocks come out yet?

Yes, and the third and fourth.

Swanny32 02-09-2010 03:16 PM

Watched the 3rd episode last night, really enjoying it and will probably watch episode 4 tonight, the comment that made me chuckle in episode 3:

PA: We got the magic man for $2500, anything else you want me to negotiate?

Tennanbaum: Yeah, speak to Revis.

pauldrulez 02-09-2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Agree with most of Paul's post, but Henne's better game againt the Jets was the first one. We pulled the second one out with a combination of defence and special teams (okay, Ted Ginn - clearly his finest hour as a Fin).

Also arguing that they generate pass rush only because of the number of players they send... have you ever seen clips of the 85 Bears? They sent 8 or 9 regularly.

I've seen the 85 Bears. Squashing a couple of different QBs wearing Red in a big game :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

But, i'd argue the game is very different 25 years on. Spread offenses mean the ball is out of the QBs hands in 1 or 2 seconds.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 02-09-2010 04:10 PM

Looking at that Channel 4 schedule, anyone would think that the Panthers aren't considered a 'big draw'.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.