CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Strathclyde Eagle 23-01-2008 02:07 PM

Just realised this morning that it has been fifteen years since the Super Bowl was last held in Los Angeles. That's pretty surprising, especially when you consider some of the places it has been to instead (Jacksonville and Detroit, to name just two).

saxoneagle 23-01-2008 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Just realised this morning that it has been fifteen years since the Super Bowl was last held in Los Angeles. That's pretty surprising, especially when you consider some of the places it has been to instead (Jacksonville and Detroit, to name just two).
Do they not only go to cities with franchises, though?

Strathclyde Eagle 23-01-2008 05:43 PM

Well it's obviously rewarding franchises who've built new stadiums.

What does seem odd is to keep the game away from the second largest TV market, plus what I would also imagine to be the biggest warm weather market. Get 70,000+ at San Diego twice or 100,000+ at the Rose Bowl? I'm surprised it hasn't gone to Pasadena once.

I need to try and remember who decides who gets to host the game, as conceivably the owners could operate in their own interests in this. What the current arrangement seems to indicate is that Los Angeles isn't on the agenda at the present moment in time.

saxoneagle 23-01-2008 05:47 PM

You could argue the same about a lot of college stadiums being used for the Superbowl though... most of those are much larger, attendance wise, than the NFL ones.

I don't think where it is held makes much difference to the TV market, does it? Such an occasion as the Superbowl will have similar ratings and income whether it is in Arizona or Alaska.

pauldrulez 23-01-2008 08:58 PM

Don't think it had been posted before. But Brady is rumoured to be doubtful for the Superbowl. But other sources are saying he is certain to play so take it with a pinch of salt.

saxoneagle 23-01-2008 09:36 PM

He was still seen hobbling around today, I believe.

I doubt very much you'll see anyone else taking the first Patriots snap in Arizona, though.

pauldrulez 23-01-2008 10:04 PM

He will be extra protectd I would imagine just to avoid a sack. Matt Cassel is the replacement QB if I remember rightly. He will do a good job if needed for a few plays.

Benzhiyi 23-01-2008 10:11 PM

Cassel is shit.

And Brady will be fit. He's been listed as Probable on a weekly basis for the last five years. No way he'll miss this one.

pauldrulez 23-01-2008 10:58 PM

tbh I knew Cassel was shit but just trying to give myself some confidence in case worst came to the worst. Only reason that I posted it about Brady was on Windows sidebar it said he was seen with a cast on his foot.

davematt 23-01-2008 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Cassel is shit.

And Brady will be fit. He's been listed as Probable on a weekly basis for the last five years. No way he'll miss this one.

Agree. No way Brady will miss next Sunday. Absolutley no chance.

RDSdaEAGLE 23-01-2008 11:12 PM

Considering Rivers played with a torn ACL, it would be an absolute disgrace if Brady didn't play following a slight knock! :D

Strathclyde Eagle 24-01-2008 12:37 AM

Cassel should be listed on the roster as CH (clipboard holder). That's all he does and all he's capable of doing.

nookiebear 24-01-2008 11:11 AM

Quote:

Cassel is shit.

And Fassel is shit :(

There's talk of walkouts and returning tickets on the redskins forum

saxoneagle 24-01-2008 01:56 PM

Next season, we might get to see how good Aaron Rodgers is... but Cassel, no chance! :D

elliott 24-01-2008 06:49 PM

channing crowder could be in trouble!

his car was found crashed and abandoned with his crutches and a gun inside.

not sure dolphins will be seeing him next season! and that's a few more points for the fins on that naughtiness league thing!

GSG cpfc 24-01-2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Cassel is shit.

[B]

Your right Cassell is shit and Brady has been questionable since time began. However this injury is not his right shoulder, he has been pictured with a cast on his right leg.

He will play though.

Strathclyde Eagle 24-01-2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by elliott
channing crowder could be in trouble!

his car was found crashed and abandoned with his crutches and a gun inside.

not sure dolphins will be seeing him next season! and that's a few more points for the fins on that naughtiness league thing!

That's okay. You have the right to bear crutches in America.

jlmatthews 25-01-2008 06:13 AM

http://www.geocaching-bears.co.uk/pix/crutches.jpg

??? :confused:

Strathclyde Eagle 25-01-2008 03:09 PM

Oh year, bear arms, not crutches.

;)

elliott 25-01-2008 03:14 PM

i want bear arms.