CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

elliott 25-01-2008 03:28 PM

btw... if anyone on here is on facebook and isn't my friend, feel free to add me. elliott josypenko

RDSdaEAGLE 25-01-2008 05:15 PM

So...I'm covering the Superbowl for work. I won't be at the game, but somewhere equally spectacular.

The Playboy Mansion :D I'm going there with a photographer, we're covering the red carpet and will then (hopefully - as is usually the case) get into the party! :lux:

nookiebear 25-01-2008 05:23 PM

Bloody Swanno :)

RDSdaEAGLE 25-01-2008 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nookiebear
Bloody Swanno :)
I'm only going because he's been there and done that! :p :lux:

Strathclyde Eagle 26-01-2008 02:45 PM

Was that a brief clip of Crystal Palace athletics stadium in this morning's America's Game? The 49Ers were in London (to play the Fins) in August 1988 so it could make sense.

Always thought that John Candy-spotting story was just a joke. :eek:

nookiebear 27-01-2008 11:31 AM

Weird going ons in the nation's capital

Williams and Saunders sacked, new offensive coordinator employed but no head coach, how does that work? The delay surely means the Skins are chasing one of the Giants or Patriots staff?

jazman 27-01-2008 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Was that a brief clip of Crystal Palace athletics stadium in this morning's America's Game? The 49Ers were in London (to play the Fins) in August 1988 so it could make sense.

Always thought that John Candy-spotting story was just a joke. :eek:

Love watching this programme. Really enjoyed the Jets story last week (I think - maybe it was the week before) ...

BLUE BOY 27-01-2008 02:25 PM

Looks like it's the Saints/Chargers at Wembley on 26th October.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...32-london.html

saxoneagle 27-01-2008 06:13 PM

Wow. I wouldn't mind being at that game!

It's depressing enough that there's only one more game left before I have to find something else to fill my Sundays with... :(

elliott 27-01-2008 07:00 PM

Yay!

Aints and Bolts. At least it'll be a good game.

And a good reason to buy a nice new Chargers jersey.

LLCOOLSTEVE 27-01-2008 07:14 PM

Thats a good game, would def like to go to it.

LLCOOLSTEVE 28-01-2008 02:15 AM

hey elliot

any idea where i can watch episode 7 of FNL season 2 online??

elliott 28-01-2008 11:55 AM

I don't ever watch them online so I'd struggle.

Perhaps try this?

http://www6.alluc.org/alluc/tv-shows...gory_uid=26071

Alternatively, I have it. I could burn it to a DVD if you're really struggling.

elliott 28-01-2008 11:55 AM

ah. that link doesn't help!

jazman 28-01-2008 01:37 PM

What's the deal with tickets for the Wembley game? I know they probably aren't released anytime soon anyway, but I seem to recall quite clamour for them last year. Don't you have to sign up to some of of lottery thing to get them?

Strathclyde Eagle 28-01-2008 01:46 PM

Yep, that was the case last year.

Don't the demand will be quite the same this year. Loads of tickets ended up going on eBay for marginally over face value, plus the empty seats in the stadium itself (mostly middle tier - was that anything to do with the Club Wembley thing that was evident during the play-off finals?).

I think if you want a ticket this year you'll get one without much difficulty.

jazman 28-01-2008 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Yep, that was the case last year.

Don't the demand will be quite the same this year. Loads of tickets ended up going on eBay for marginally over face value, plus the empty seats in the stadium itself (mostly middle tier - was that anything to do with the Club Wembley thing that was evident during the play-off finals?).

I think if you want a ticket this year you'll get one without much difficulty.

Cool, thanks for the comment. I'll keep an eye out for the ticket release. :p

saxoneagle 28-01-2008 04:52 PM

Another reason for me to not like the Giants...

http://www.royalgazette.com/siftolog...9&sectionId=70

Beckenham Boy 28-01-2008 05:12 PM

BBC reporting the San Diego v New Orleans Wembley game as well now

London set for Saints v Chargers

The NFL is set to announce that New Orleans will play San Diego at Wembley Stadium later this year.
The league is expected to confirm the October 26 contest on Friday in Phoenix ahead of the Super Bowl on Sunday.

Wembley hosted a clash between the New York Giants and Miami Dolphins last October in front of a 81,176 crowd.

The match-up, which the Giants won 13-10 in muddy conditions, was the first-ever NFL regular-season game to be held outside the Americas.

NFL bosses were delighted with the attention the game received, both in the UK and around the world.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said: "The game in London was undoubtedly one of the highlights of the entire 2007 season."

NFL UK managing director Alistair Kirkwood Kirkwood said: "Clearly, the fans' enthusiasm convinced the NFL that the UK should be rewarded with another game in 2008.

"We are very excited as we begin preparations for that and conclude this season with BBC TV showing its first-ever Super Bowl."

Murrayfield in Edinburgh and Cardiff's Millennium Stadium were also mentioned as potential venues for the second UK match.

Wembley came under fire for the standard of its field after a rain-hit game, in which players struggled with their footing.

The turf was still a problem a month later, when England's football team crashed out of Euro 2008 with defeat to Croatia.

Strathclyde Eagle 28-01-2008 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Beckenham Boy
The turf was still a problem a month later, when England's football team crashed out of Euro 2008 with defeat to Croatia.
At some point the English media might stop attributing blame for the turf for that farce. Ok, it wasn't great, but it was three and a half weeks after the game and Croatia seemed able to play on it. Who keeps writing this stuff, Steve McClaren himself?