CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

jazman 03-02-2008 02:21 PM

By the way, haven't seen it mentioned already but the NFL have confirmed games to be played in London for the next three years 08,09 & 10 ....

saxoneagle 03-02-2008 03:56 PM

I'll be watching it on some rubbish American network... :D

Strathclyde Eagle 03-02-2008 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jazman
Couldn't agree more. Just watched the Patriots 03 winning season when they picked up Rodney Harrison on a free after release from Chargers. Great programme! :p
Funny actually, he gets the reputation of being dirty and yet in interviews he seems very articulate.

Still think he should have been MVP of SB 39. He was far more influential than Deion Branch in my opinion.

Strathclyde Eagle 03-02-2008 06:41 PM

Bit weird now that I can comment on three HoF inductees: Art Monk, Darrell Green and Andre Tippett. All well-deserving of the honour.

LLCOOLSTEVE 03-02-2008 07:18 PM

Really think the Giants can go close tonight, call me crazy....

GSG cpfc 03-02-2008 07:30 PM

Anyone going to the Superbowl party at Battersea tonight? If you are I will be there wearing my Pats home 83 - Welker jersey. Say hi if you see me.

jazman 03-02-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Funny actually, he gets the reputation of being dirty and yet in interviews he seems very articulate.

Still think he should have been MVP of SB 39. He was far more influential than Deion Branch in my opinion.

It seemed that he had that tag when at the Chargers but seemed to have lost it a bit with the Pats. I think that being made a captain may have given him the responsibility he needed and was highly influential. That broken forearm in the final must have hurt, more so when he did one more play and landed on it ... !!

I'm getting behind the Giants this evening but to be honest I'm hoping for a good competitive game. Gotta stick with the NFC team really ... :D ;)

RDSdaEAGLE 03-02-2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
They'll either go very close or get absolutely torn to shreds. I'd love to see them do it.

Strathclyde Eagle 03-02-2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Crazy. ;)

Being serious, I don't think it will be that close.

I like Cousin Sal's comment on the prop bets. Over/under 2.5 times for Tom Petty's colostomy bag to be changed during the half-time show. :D

pauldrulez 03-02-2008 10:19 PM

Backing the Giants in the betting because it is good odds, but I want the Patriots to win and hope the Pats win. Countdown to KO... 2hours and 5 minutes

pauldrulez 03-02-2008 11:25 PM

Hour to KO

pauldrulez 03-02-2008 11:26 PM

I'm thinking either 38-17 to the Patriots or 23-20 to the Giants. Build-up is good, couldnt remember what it waslike because I missed it last year because the Pats werent in it.

Grim Reaper 03-02-2008 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Congrats Cris - but you do know that piece was by Alistair Kirkwood, not Mike Carlson?
Eh? It was on the Carlson blog though, right? (I was semi drunk when I saw it)

Funnily enough it was a fluke that I saw it. Only did it because I wanted to prove to someone that typing my name in Google, the first thing that came up was an article from this site in 2003 providing a reviwe of Cleethorpes nightlife! Number three in the list was the NFL article, which had only been added that very day.

Strange that the first time I look myself up on Google in three years that I find that.

I'd actually made the comment back in October to Alistair Kirkwood and was a bit miffed he never got back to me as I thought it was a good idea.

Nice to see in the long run he did get the message. :p

Grim Reaper 03-02-2008 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pauldrulez

I think Maroney for first touchdown for the Pats at 7/1 is good odds rather than Moss at 9/2.

Moss at 9/2 is criminal given tha you shop around you can get 5/1 on EITHER #81 scoring

You get better odds for Moss OR Toomer than Moss alone. Crazy!!

LLCOOLSTEVE 04-02-2008 12:11 AM

I wanna put money on Osi being MVP but cant see odds anywhere :(

LLCOOLSTEVE 04-02-2008 12:15 AM

SCRAP THAT, ITS ON BETFAIR, BACKED OSI, ELI AND RANDY MOSS

oops caps

joyce the voice 04-02-2008 12:16 AM

go Pats. Best team ever. Best coach, best QB, best wide receiver. Ever.

James 04-02-2008 12:18 AM

Quote:

You are crazy. This could be the most one-sided of many one-sided Super Bowls.

If it's less than 14 points at the half, I'll be amazed - and will then stay up for the rest.

LLCOOLSTEVE 04-02-2008 12:20 AM

scrap that :D

Laid of Eli straight away for same price and backed Welker isntead!

LLCOOLSTEVE 04-02-2008 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by James
You are crazy. This could be the most one-sided of many one-sided Super Bowls.

If it's less than 14 points at the half, I'll be amazed - and will then stay up for the rest.

did you watch the last regular season game??