CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

LLCOOLSTEVE 04-02-2008 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Selhurst Guy
how the f*** can 59secs of play take 18mins? How can anyone find this 'sport' entertaining. especially when the best bit was the Tom Petty 'Concert' (a f***ing concert!) at half time?
leave the thread then and go to bed, maybe you should have gone to sleep a few hours ago

Jamie W 04-02-2008 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chester
How did he win the game, I admit that Eli has been on fire in the playoffs and he played very well today but to call him a good QB :eek:

The guy has been rubbish since he entered the league, if this is a change then ill stand up and admit my wrong but everyone runs good once in a while

He drove down the field at the end and got the TD. So he won them the game. Brady was shit tonight.

Les Butler 04-02-2008 04:18 AM

World Champions ?

Chester 04-02-2008 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Eli was awesome in that last drive, you cant dispute otherwise!
I havent ever said anything different, I have said that Eli has been great in the playoffs.

He wasnt great tonight, he had a great last drive but this was won by their defense which was great

Jamie W 04-02-2008 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Selhurst Guy
how the f*** can 59secs of play take 18mins? How can anyone find this 'sport' entertaining. especially when the best bit was the Tom Petty 'Concert' (a f***ing concert!) at half time?
:hi:

Adlerhorst 04-02-2008 04:19 AM

I do love all this NY chat. Aren't they based in Jersey these days?

LLCOOLSTEVE 04-02-2008 04:20 AM

Eli gets it then

Adlerhorst 04-02-2008 04:20 AM

Manning MVP - had to be someone in the defence

Jamie W 04-02-2008 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Adlerhorst
I do love all this NY chat. Aren't they based in Jersey these days?
This is true....

Adlerhorst 04-02-2008 04:22 AM

Didn't the bills hang up Welcome to NY signs whenever the Giants or Jets went up to Buffalo - gotta love that

Chester 04-02-2008 04:23 AM

NY defense was awesome, how can anyone on the offense get MVP.

To restrict the highest scorers in the league to that total was a fantastic effort

Jamie W 04-02-2008 04:25 AM

Quote:

Didn't the bills hang up Welcome to NY signs whenever the Giants or Jets went up to Buffalo - gotta love that
Yeah but they wont be able to do that soon as the Bills will end up in Toronto. Its just like saying Crystal palace dont actually play in Crystal Palace do they? Not sure what your point is?

jlmatthews 04-02-2008 04:37 AM

aaaaaaahhhhhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:D

Sorry to all you Pats fans, but I really developed a hate for them this year. Smug bastards who really bought the hype. Brady's 60 minutes interview made him come off as a cocky bastard. I was at a party with about 35 people... no one wanted to see them win.

Well done the Giants. Their D line was immense for three quarters. Tired in the fourth and I thought the Pats had snuck it. It fit the exact blueprint of a couple of their close wins this year.

BTW -- Nice prediction Steve. I wanted to believe it could happen, but I didn't think the G-Men had a shot.

Strathclyde Eagle 04-02-2008 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jamie W
Yeah but they wont be able to do that soon as the Bills will end up in Toronto. Its just like saying Crystal palace dont actually play in Crystal Palace do they? Not sure what your point is?
Big difference between New York City and South Norwood. :D
Quote:

Manning MVP - had to be someone in the defence
Agreed, probably Tuck in my opinion.

Classy of Belichick to run off the field before the game was over, classless schmuck.

jlmatthews 04-02-2008 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle

Classy of Belichick to run off the field before the game was over, classless schmuck.

Everyone where I was at said the same thing. I wonder if Belichek 'taped' this game so he can watch it later ;)

Strathclyde Eagle 04-02-2008 04:40 AM

P.S. Most interesting Super Bowl ever. Not sure if it's quite the best, but it's in the mix.

Chester 04-02-2008 04:44 AM

Best last quarter for a while, previous 3....

jlmatthews 04-02-2008 04:45 AM

Right up there with the Rams v. Titans in 2000 for me in terms of excitement.

RDSdaEAGLE 04-02-2008 04:45 AM

Wow. Just wow. I was so pleased to see the Giants do it. Their defence was superior throughout. Brady didn't seem as focused either.

jlmatthews 04-02-2008 04:49 AM

I wonder if the media will blame it on Brady's smoking hot slam piece supermodel girlfriend?