CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

CT_Palace 30-01-2023 03:05 PM

I thought both games were marred by some pretty poor officiating.

Montyburns76 30-01-2023 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 16805462)
I thought both games were marred by some pretty poor officiating.

You can say that again cin we’re playing 2 teams the ones in red and the ones in black and white ,you can even see zac Taylor saying “it’s rigged” on the sidelines

RazorsEdge 30-01-2023 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 16805389)
It's a tough call hence my "take your pick" comment previously.
Never write off Mahomes, but do think Philly will have the edge.

Mahomes is one tough cookie, with his ankle injury still lingering, he literally played with one leg.

I am not picking anyone as I find that I enjoy the game better that way

tsunamiman 31-01-2023 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16806270)
Mahomes is one tough cookie, with his ankle injury still lingering, he literally played with one leg.

I am not picking anyone as I find that I enjoy the game better that way

I am an Eagles fan so will be biased. Think the game hinges on whether the Eagles pass rush can get past the Chiefs OL (which I think they will) and pressure Mahomes (which is up in the air).

greybot 31-01-2023 10:57 AM

I am a Jaguars fan and after watching our playoff game versus the Chiefs this year, our playoff game versus the Patriots in 2018 and the two games on Sunday, I accept we will never make a Superbowl in my lifetime due to big team bias refereeing.

Will still enjoy the regular season but my hopes of just reaching a Superbowl once have been completely diminished now.

LLCOOLSTEVE 31-01-2023 12:14 PM

Makes me feel dirty but hope Eagles win it so a fairytale story for Jordan Mailata comes true

CP-RJW 31-01-2023 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greybot (Post 16806795)
I am a Jaguars fan and after watching our playoff game versus the Chiefs this year, our playoff game versus the Patriots in 2018 and the two games on Sunday, I accept we will never make a Superbowl in my lifetime due to big team bias refereeing.

Will still enjoy the regular season but my hopes of just reaching a Superbowl once have been completely diminished now.

The Chiefs weren’t a big team up until very recently, nor were the Bengals or the Eagles when they made their previous superbowls. Hell, the 9ers have more superbowls than the 3 other teams that played on Sunday combined.

Adlerhorst 06-02-2023 08:21 AM

8 MLB teams have drafted a quarterback who went on to win the Superbowl.

12 NFL teams still haven’t.

hughff 06-02-2023 08:51 AM

That's a great fact, Adlerhorst.

tsunamiman 06-02-2023 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 16814945)
8 MLB teams have drafted a quarterback who went on to win the Superbowl.

12 NFL teams still haven’t.

12 teams haven't won it or haven't drafted a superbowl winning qb. Lions have never won a superbowl but did draft Matt Stafford.

Latvian Eagle 06-02-2023 05:15 PM

My boys Carolina have been to two Superbowls at least even if we lost both. :hmph:

The last one was an absolute case of losing your nerve when it mattered, going bloody 15-1 in the season.

EagleSE24 06-02-2023 06:55 PM

What’s the thinking behind the Bears and their number one pick? Are they going to trade the pick? Other teams know they’re not in the market for a QB but will they want to trade up simply to deny rivals the first pick? E.g the Titans have pick 2 so would have first choice of QBs if Chicago stays no. 1, but do they consider trading just to stop someone else moving ahead of them in the draft?

Latvian Eagle 06-02-2023 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleSE24 (Post 16815620)
What’s the thinking behind the Bears and their number one pick? Are they going to trade the pick? Other teams know they’re not in the market for a QB but will they want to trade up simply to deny rivals the first pick? E.g the Titans have pick 2 so would have first choice of QBs if Chicago stays no. 1, but do they consider trading just to stop someone else moving ahead of them in the draft?

All mock drafts I have seen either have Chicago drafting a guy called Anderson number 1 I think or they trade with either Houston, Indianapolis or Carolina. I hope we manage to get one of the top 2 or 3 QBs in the draft, but not sure we'd be willing to give up much to go number 1.

CP-RJW 06-02-2023 09:55 PM

The Bears would be idiots not to trade down for another early pick or two, there’s so many holes in that team.

aj4england 07-02-2023 11:35 AM

Dont see why the Bears would keep pick 1 - unless they think their is a premium edge rusher, though I dont see why the texans would go this route. Trading down but staying in the top 5 is what you want. They want players but they need premium players.

Wil likely be Jalen Carter or Anderson as the non QBs.

kayjay 09-02-2023 01:41 AM

Think the Chiefs are weaker than in past seasons.
JuJu and MVS aren't having big enough impacts in games
and I don't rate McKinnon or Pachinko.
If Kelce has a quiet night by his standards Eagles will romp it.

Funk Butter 11-02-2023 12:30 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FojVE2-X...jpg&name=small

RazorsEdge 11-02-2023 08:36 AM

Kielce brothers are making history and I just saw their mother with a half and half shirt. I thought there was only a half and half scarf, but a shirt is a first I saw.

Adlerhorst 11-02-2023 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hughff (Post 16814953)
That's a great fact, Adlerhorst.

The best player over the last decade in baseball (by miles and miles and miles) is a guy called Mike Trout who plays for the Angels. He’s a huge Philadelphia Eagles fan, and tragically has been to more Eagles playoff games than Angels playoff games.

Johnintheusa1 12-02-2023 11:51 PM

Getting a bit antsy now... Fox pundits heavily favor the Eagles. But I reckon Mahomes has a surprise or two...

Go Birds!