CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Maidstoned Eagle 23-11-2021 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pidster (Post 16116193)
Frida Kahlo is not returning calls.

Probably because she's dead.

N Herts Eagle 23-11-2021 12:12 PM

Shopping in stores that have multiple staff doing Home Delivery Orders. Its bad enough with pensioners and mothers with young kids screaming running amok. But in recent years rhe added pleasure of Home Delivery massive trollys being operated by staff with little regard for the normal shopper blocking aisles as the chat away to each other leaving trolleys in front of shelves or fridges so you cannot see whats in them. Some of these stores are 24 hour opening do the shops in the quiet times. Store cold and frozen foods away from store floor.

Rant over....

Bizarro 23-11-2021 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle (Post 16116264)
Shopping in stores that have multiple staff doing Home Delivery Orders. Its bad enough with pensioners and mothers with young kids screaming running amok. But in recent years rhe added pleasure of Home Delivery massive trollys being operated by staff with little regard for the normal shopper blocking aisles as the chat away to each other leaving trolleys in front of shelves or fridges so you cannot see whats in them. Some of these stores are 24 hour opening do the shops in the quiet times. Store cold and frozen foods away from store floor.

Rant over....


Absolutely agree, pain in the arse, can't they pick these orders over night

Maidstoned Eagle 23-11-2021 12:21 PM

People who talk to their animals as if they're babies.

cantspell 23-11-2021 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16116275)
People who talk to their animals as if they're babies.

or call them fur babies

Johnnieboy 23-11-2021 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16116275)
People who talk to their animals as if they're babies.

One should only ever talk to one's pet canine in a Scooby Doo accent. Even when saying woof

art malice 23-11-2021 01:04 PM

Martin Tyler’s commentary on Rooney’s overhead kick against City keeps being replayed on Sky.

‘It defies description. How about sensational? How about superb?’

How about retiring?

Maidstoned Eagle 23-11-2021 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cantspell (Post 16116309)
or call them fur babies

Oh god, yes.

Hedgehog 23-11-2021 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16116178)
Isn't there any Mexicans you can employ?

Sadly both the painter and the landscape guy are Hispanic... whether they are Mexican or not, I'm not sure.

The first painter I called was Greek for what it's worth.

Hedgehog 23-11-2021 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle (Post 16116264)
Shopping in stores that have multiple staff doing Home Delivery Orders. Its bad enough with pensioners and mothers with young kids screaming running amok. But in recent years rhe added pleasure of Home Delivery massive trollys being operated by staff with little regard for the normal shopper blocking aisles as the chat away to each other leaving trolleys in front of shelves or fridges so you cannot see whats in them. Some of these stores are 24 hour opening do the shops in the quiet times. Store cold and frozen foods away from store floor.

Rant over....

Same here. I guess as they are doing this pretty much for 8 hours a day they know where everything is and seem to be on some kind of time schedule like that supermarket game show.

Maybe they should fit their carts with flashing blue lights like an emergency vehicle so we can all get out of their way as the zip around the store.

big bad John 23-11-2021 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16115731)
Got fed up with lack of response from first painter... moved on to another one.

He answers the phone, sounds a decent chap, lives close by. He says he will be by at 3:00. Come 4:00 no sign of him, so text him asking if he is still coming. Texts back he will be here at 5:00. Shouldn't it be him texting me that he won't be here to 5:00?

As for Landscape guy - totally gone AWOL. Not answering his phone today.

What if I was still working and had to take time off to meet this guys... painful.

Oh, and I forgot... still no response from the blinds company.


These contractors bite off more than they can chew. Never admit that they are too busy. If they're not punctual for an estimate, imagine what your chances are of them showing up on the scheduled date to start the gig. Especially if they've received a down payment. Co-vid will be blamed to get an extra few quid out of you. "Price of materials innit."
They'll be constantly robbing Pete to pay Paulie. Taking paint from your house to do the old dolls porch up the road. And then, when you run out of patience with them half way through the job they use the old death card.
"Me old gran, she was hundred and seven and we was real close. I'll be gone for a month. By the way I can get materials cheaper up where she's from. Got another grand?"

Hedgehog 23-11-2021 05:43 PM

Well painter number 2 did show up at 4:45, so I guess in his mind was early!

He said all the right things, and I want him to do the work, but he can't start for another 3 weeks (Yeah right - see bbJ's post above). Also wanted my email address to send an estimate, which I texted him straight away. Let's see how long we have to wait for that.

Still no sign of the landscape guy or a response from the blinds people.

Blind_Eagle 23-11-2021 06:41 PM

I’ve now been waiting for an operation on my hand for just over 18 months, understandable due to covid, but finally I was given a date for my pre-assessment which is scheduled for tomorrow.

Except I’m not now, I’ve just had a call cancelling it with no alternative date available as yet. Obviously this means that my operation has also been cancelled.

As an aside, my wife has been waiting for a blood test for seven weeks now and it has been cancelled 5 times and she hasn’t even got a new date for the 6th attempt. Apparently they haven’t got any yellow capped blood vials.

Thank god we saved the NHS or things could be really bad. :)

Hedgehog 25-11-2021 02:05 AM

Good news... the landscape guy turned up out of the blue.

3 days late and no contact to say he was coming.

ozzieEagle 25-11-2021 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16116758)
Well painter number 2 did show up at 4:45, so I guess in his mind was early!

He said all the right things, and I want him to do the work, but he can't start for another 3 weeks (Yeah right - see bbJ's post above). Also wanted my email address to send an estimate, which I texted him straight away. Let's see how long we have to wait for that.

Still no sign of the landscape guy or a response from the blinds people.


Hmm, wonder how it sounds when Californian tradies say "She'll be right" Thought that was an exclusively Aussie 'Tude.

Hedgehog 25-11-2021 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzieEagle (Post 16118151)
Hmm, wonder how it sounds when Californian tradies say "She'll be right" Thought that was an exclusively Aussie 'Tude.

I suspect it's a world wide issue.

I have for many years had the theory that tradesmen and car mechanics will inherit the earth!

Johnnieboy 25-11-2021 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16118139)
Good news... the landscape guy turned up out of the blue.

3 days late and no contact to say he was coming.

That's artists for you. Soak up the avant garde of it all. After all, I believe it was Toulouse Lautrec who first coined the expression "je have to go to une autre job for a while, see you next Tuesday"

Hedgehog 25-11-2021 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy (Post 16118160)
That's artists for you. Soak up the avant garde of it all. After all, I believe it was Toulouse Lautrec who first coined the expression "je have to go to une autre job for a while, see you next Tuesday"

I guess I should have said "he showed up out of his blue period" not "out of the blue".

big bad John 25-11-2021 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy (Post 16118160)
see you next Tuesday"

watch what you say - with terminology like that you'll upset Americans and feministas . Infact the only people you might not offend is the cants from sarf landan.;)

Johnnieboy 25-11-2021 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big bad John (Post 16118165)
watch what you say - with terminology like that you'll upset Americans and feministas . Infact the only people you might not offend is the cants from sarf landan.;)

Those bohemian late 19th century absinthe-swilling bordello-frequenting French impressionist painters don't care who they offend :supergrin:

strawberry mivi 25-11-2021 10:21 AM

Annoyed at The Guardian trying to shame me in to paying for their content by suggesting that I am one of their most prolific online readers - Congratulations you are one of our top reader GLOBALLY.
Really?
Top in the WORLD.
The whole world.
Out of 7000000000 people I read the most articles on their website.
The financial model they run must be nearing collapse if they rely on the advertising footfall I generate from 20 pages a day.

pallet 25-11-2021 10:29 AM

My wife talking a text message into her watch because she couldnt be bothered to get up and get her phone!!

ozzieEagle 25-11-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 16118972)
My wife talking a text message into her watch because she couldnt be bothered to get up and get her phone!!

I wonder if we'll be able to "think dictate" text messages in our lifetime.... possibly! That'll be interesting in the Multiverse.

Prince Phillip 25-11-2021 01:14 PM

People that get into a right emotional tizzy when reviewing food or drink on supermarket websites. Alright, some product or other may have been a little dry, or lacking in flavour etc, etc, but it didn't kill you did it? Just shove it down your Gregory and stop being a such a drama queen.

Maidstoned Eagle 25-11-2021 03:28 PM

Nadine Dorries

0.bj 25-11-2021 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 16119131)
People that get into a right emotional tizzy when reviewing food or drink on supermarket websites. Alright, some product or other may have been a little dry, or lacking in flavour etc, etc, but it didn't kill you did it? Just shove it down your Gregory and stop being a such a drama queen.

“Get that down yer Ruud Gullit and STFU” :lux:

Tripod 10 25-11-2021 04:12 PM

Mary Berry's facking hair.
Candyfloss head.

Isle of Wight 25-11-2021 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16119281)
Nadine Dorries

Oh god yes I only have to look at her and I get annoyed as I know what is going to come out of her mouth will make me even worse!

Big Gav 25-11-2021 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripod 10 (Post 16119308)
Mary Berry's facking hair.
Candyfloss head.

She has a tortoise head

Terrace Bickle 25-11-2021 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Gav (Post 16119353)
She has a tortoise head

That's a bit rude, I know she's a bit old, but surely in control of her bowels still?

ozzieEagle 25-11-2021 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16119281)
Nadine Dorries


Ahh are you annoyed that she's a guilty fancy?

Pidster 25-11-2021 10:35 PM

“Gurning” Gregg Wallace.

Eagle's Nest 25-11-2021 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pidster (Post 16119591)
“Gurning” Gregg Wallace.

Spent a day with him. He's a perv.

Alfies army 25-11-2021 10:42 PM

American words such as , my bad , kiddo , Dogo

Twiggy 25-11-2021 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfies army (Post 16119595)
American words such as , my bad , kiddo , Dogo

apparently y'all .. is being adopted in many of the world's languages

Johnnieboy 26-11-2021 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfies army (Post 16119595)
American words such as , my bad , kiddo , Dogo

"My bad" is one of most moronic expressions around currently.

I thought adding an "o" at the end of names was an Australian thing?

JJ 26-11-2021 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy (Post 16119660)
I thought adding an "o" at the end of names was an Australian thing?

Corro
Ambo
Garbo (not as in Greta)
Arvo
Bowlo

:wallbash: :veryangry

PeterH 26-11-2021 04:09 AM

Addo

Johnnieboy 26-11-2021 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16119680)
Addo

From the quill of the great Australian playwright Willo Shakespeare of course - "Much Addo About Nothing"

Maidstoned Eagle 26-11-2021 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzieEagle (Post 16119546)
Ahh are you annoyed that she's a guilty fancy?

No, I'm annoyed that she's a nasty piece of work, thick as pig shit and then plays the sexism/misogyny card when pulled on it.

El Aguila 26-11-2021 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiggy (Post 16119606)
apparently y'all .. is being adopted in many of the world's languages

It’s a very useful word that exists in most languages.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 26-11-2021 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ (Post 16119678)
Corro
Ambo
Garbo (not as in Greta)
Arvo
Bowlo

:wallbash: :veryangry

Helloo :supergrin:

pallet 26-11-2021 08:15 AM

My bad
Pants instead of jeans etc
Can i get a ...
Sick

Pidster 26-11-2021 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 16119593)
Spent a day with him. He's a perv.

You surprise me. He’s such a hit with the ladies, he’s on his fourth marriage ( the latest, an east European twenty odd years his junior ).

Worksop Palace 26-11-2021 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pidster (Post 16119591)
“Gurning” Gregg Wallace.

I love Masterchef but spend most of the programme mumbling ‘what a twat’ to myself every time he comes on the screen with his sycophantic bollocks and stupid faces. Childish little **** he is

fang 26-11-2021 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pidster (Post 16119591)
“Gurning” Gregg Wallace.

Ghastly twat. I loathe him. He is on my death list along with Fearnley-Whittingstall and Jimmy Carr.

Johnnieboy 26-11-2021 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fang (Post 16120024)
Fearnley-Whittingstall

He is fairly annoying although seemingly genuine. If we are buying concrete wellies for TV chefs though I would also like to nominate Nigel Slater.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 26-11-2021 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fang (Post 16120024)
Ghastly twat. I loathe him. He is on my death list along with Fearnley-Whittingstall and Jimmy Carr.

Is Fearnley -Whittingstall a person or a brand of cricket bat ?

in-exile 26-11-2021 09:41 AM

Gregg Wallace ..... most punchable face in TV.

Eagle's Nest 26-11-2021 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pidster (Post 16120010)
You surprise me. He’s such a hit with the ladies, he’s on his fourth marriage ( the latest, an east European twenty odd years his junior ).

His head is on a swivel and his eyes are on stalks.

I'm no soy boy, I can appreciate a beautiful woman, but there is a time and a place. It was constant perving.

John Torode on the other hand was an absolute gentleman.

west country boy 26-11-2021 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfies army (Post 16119595)
American words such as , my bad , kiddo , Dogo

I'm nt sure that "kiddo" is American and the only usage of "Dogo" I'm aware of is in "Dogo Argentino" the banned Argentine dangerous dog.

west country boy 26-11-2021 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 16120006)
My bad
Pants instead of jeans etc
Can i get a ...
Sick

Both "sick" and "pants" are olden days English terms - the latter from the woppish "pantaloon".

Maidstoned Eagle 26-11-2021 10:49 AM

People who can't chew food with their mouths closed.

bourne man 26-11-2021 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16120107)
People who can't chew food with their mouths closed.

Ex .Mother in law, in the end couldn't sit opposite her when she was eating, she chewed her food like a cow in a field

loz 26-11-2021 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 16120006)
My bad
Pants instead of jeans etc
Can i get a ...
Sick

"Can I get"...Grrr, "Its can I have" No you cant get it because I am serving you, I will get it you can have it, its that simple.

Herr Colonpharter 26-11-2021 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 16120006)
My bad
Pants instead of jeans etc
Can i get a ...
Sick

My late dad (who FWIW was Irish) would say pants and thus I have inherited the practice. When I get pulled up on it I generally retort with . . so why do we call our undies underpants?

in-exile 26-11-2021 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loz (Post 16120117)
"Can I get"...Grrr, "Its can I have" No you cant get it because I am serving you, I will get it you can have it, its that simple.

This has been posted before and I agree .... most annoying, I think it's an age group thing as it's the under 30's using it mainly?

Richard 26-11-2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy (Post 16120041)
He is fairly annoying although seemingly genuine. If we are buying concrete wellies for TV chefs though I would also like to nominate Nigel Slater.

How have we skipped to the small fry and not mentioned Gordon Ramsey and Jamie Oliver ?

CT_Palace 26-11-2021 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 16120124)
This has been posted before and I agree .... most annoying, I think it's an age group thing as it's the under 30's using it mainly?

Why is only this use of get so annoying?

What does to get mean? It’s a very flexible verb and usually replaces a more appropriate verb. (I got home at 8 - I arrived home at 8, which is more appropriate?)

I realise thinking about the many and varied uses of get won’t make this particular use of it any less annoying, but it is a bit irrational and really shouldn’t annoy anyone based on our multiple usage of get in other circumstances.

west country boy 26-11-2021 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 16120132)
How have we skipped to the small fry and not mentioned Gordon Ramsey and Jamie Oliver ?

People who can’t spell “Ramsay”.

in-exile 26-11-2021 11:28 AM

I done ..... instead of I did.
And even ....
They done instead of they did.
What's that all about?

west country boy 26-11-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr Colonpharter (Post 16120121)
My late dad (who FWIW was Irish) would say pants and thus I have inherited the practice. When I get pulled up on it I generally retort with . . so why do we call our undies underpants?

Feckless northern types say “pants” instead of “trousers” as well.

west country boy 26-11-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 16120146)
I done ..... instead of I did.
And even ....
They done instead of they did.
What's that all about?

Dunno.

Adlerhorst 26-11-2021 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 16120146)
I done ..... instead of I did.
And even ....
They done instead of they did.
What's that all about?


in-exile 26-11-2021 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 16120150)

:supergrin:

in-exile 26-11-2021 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16120149)
Dunno.

:D;)

Maidstoned Eagle 26-11-2021 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bourne man (Post 16120115)
Ex .Mother in law, in the end couldn't sit opposite her when she was eating, she chewed her food like a cow in a field

Im the same with my son. Even recorded him eating and played it to him and his mother, apparently that made me a bad person.

in-exile 26-11-2021 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16120167)
Im the same with my son. Even recorded him eating and played it to him and his mother, apparently that made me a bad person.

So not posting about Biggus on the pork scratchings after a few down the pub like we all thought then..

Maidstoned Eagle 26-11-2021 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 16120169)
So not posting about Biggus on the pork scratchings after a few down the pub like we all thought then..

Eh?

in-exile 26-11-2021 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16120171)
Eh?

Well how did we know who?

ChiswickEagle 26-11-2021 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pidster (Post 16120010)
You surprise me. He’s such a hit with the ladies, he’s on his fourth marriage ( the latest, an east European twenty odd years his junior ).

She’s Italian.

Leopald Stotch 26-11-2021 12:06 PM

Young people that don't get my 70's and 80's cultural references and stare at me blankly when I'm trying to crack a joke!
Forget half of the educational syllabus, and introduce practical lessons so that when I make the noise of the Six Million Dollar Man, they don't look at me like I've got a problem.

CT_Palace 26-11-2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leopald Stotch (Post 16120180)
Young people that don't get my 70's and 80's cultural references and stare at me blankly when I'm trying to crack a joke!
Forget half of the educational syllabus, and introduce practical lessons so that when I make the noise of the Six Million Dollar Man, they don't look at me like I've got a problem.

:D

Pidster 26-11-2021 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle (Post 16120175)
She’s Italian.

I stand corrected. Ta.

Johnnieboy 26-11-2021 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 16120132)
How have we skipped to the small fry and not mentioned Gordon Ramsey and Jamie Oliver ?

Splat them whilst they are small and you don't end up with the daytime telly nightmares of ainsley, da acampo or that self styled kitchen goddess :)

And at least Ramsay can plate his food, every single dish I have seen Jamie Oliver present looks like it's been emptied onto whatever he's serving dinner on today

Richard 26-11-2021 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16120145)
People who can’t spell “Ramsay”.

Bothered.

west country boy 26-11-2021 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 16120259)
Bothered.

People who talk like Maidstoned.

Maidstoned Eagle 26-11-2021 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16120262)
People who talk like Maidstoned.

People who are Alf lite.

Maz 26-11-2021 02:04 PM

Ouch

Chillo 26-11-2021 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leopald Stotch (Post 16120180)
Young people that don't get my 70's and 80's cultural references and stare at me blankly when I'm trying to crack a joke!
Forget half of the educational syllabus, and introduce practical lessons so that when I make the noise of the Six Million Dollar Man, they don't look at me like I've got a problem.

:D:D:D

Dave McGregor 26-11-2021 04:29 PM

When you dunk your rich tea biscuit in your tea and it breaks off because you got the timing wrong. Not the same once you fish it out with a spoon!

west country boy 26-11-2021 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 16120279)
Ouch

Maidstoned annoys himself.

Hedgehog 26-11-2021 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr Colonpharter (Post 16120121)
My late dad (who FWIW was Irish) would say pants and thus I have inherited the practice. When I get pulled up on it I generally retort with . . so why do we call our undies underpants?

Just call them underwear like us Americans. Saves any confusion.

weltklasse 26-11-2021 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leopald Stotch (Post 16120180)
Young people that don't get my 70's and 80's cultural references and stare at me blankly when I'm trying to crack a joke!
Forget half of the educational syllabus, and introduce practical lessons so that when I make the noise of the Six Million Dollar Man, they don't look at me like I've got a problem.

yeah but you had to be running in slow motion too.:lux:

Olympian2 26-11-2021 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leopald Stotch (Post 16120180)
Young people that don't get my 70's and 80's cultural references and stare at me blankly when I'm trying to crack a joke!
Forget half of the educational syllabus, and introduce practical lessons so that when I make the noise of the Six Million Dollar Man, they don't look at me like I've got a problem.

A few years ago I was having a 1:1 with one of my direct reports. At the end of each 1:1 we used to have a little social chat. She said she was going to see The Saturdays that Saturday. I asked her if she was going to see The Sundays the day after. She gave me the blankest of looks.

big bad John 26-11-2021 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfies army (Post 16119595)
American words such as , my bad , kiddo , Dogo

Yanks getting the blame for every little bastardization of the English language. OK, I know they have done a commendable amount of damage to it, but blaming them for the likes of 'Kiddo' is pure BAloney. Kiddo is predominantly north of England and was chanted by the wankers for many years. I've spent over 40 years in the States and have never heard any one called Dogo. Dago yes, but Dogo no.
The sticking of a vowel on the end of the name seems to have started during the dumbing down of English football in the 70's and 80's. Instead of interesting nicknames like the 'flying pig,' the Preston plumber' or Yogi Bear you have gum munchers like Sam and Harry going on about "Davo was massive tonight, as was Gazza and Keano" etc Dubliners have taken the sticking the 'O' on a name to a new level.
It's like when a British ex-pat smugly nudges his mate and smirks when a yank says the word 'Saaccher". The ex-pat who usually has never kicked a ball in his life straightaway feels a surge of superiority over the yank, who was an all star College player and now has eight caps for the U.S.
If you go back twenty years before football was invented by Sky you will find that the word 'soccer' was widely used in the English media and prior to the Big Match we had "Star Soccer." So anyway let's "Move On"

Hedgehog 26-11-2021 06:40 PM

I rather like "My bad"... it is rather appropriate as it's always my fault.

big bad John 26-11-2021 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16120547)
I rather like "My bad"... it is rather appropriate as it's always my fault.

I Get It

west country boy 26-11-2021 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big bad John (Post 16120544)
It's like when a British ex-pat smugly nudges his mate and smirks when a yank says the word 'Saaccher". The ex-pat who usually has never kicked a ball in his life straightaway feels a surge of superiority over the yank, who was an all star College player and now has eight caps for the U.S.
If you go back twenty years before football was invented by Sky you will find that the word 'soccer' was widely used in the English media and prior to the Big Match we had "Star Soccer." So anyway let's "Move On"

It's an olden days posho British word anyway. There were two types of football: "rugger" and "soccer".

big bad John 26-11-2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16120555)
It's an olden days posho British word anyway. There were two types of football: "rugger" and "soccer".

Oi, don't forget Gaelic. Your mate still watches these boards you know. He won't be pleased.

west country boy 26-11-2021 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big bad John (Post 16120558)
Oi, don't forget Gaelic. Your mate still watches these boards you know. He won't be pleased.

He's more Ing-er-lish than me. Anyway, I was talking about public school Victorian toffs who I doubt would of been that interested in GAA sports (or Aussie Rules for that matter).

Maidstoned Eagle 27-11-2021 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 16120172)
Well how did we know who?

Are you having an embolism?

Maidstoned Eagle 27-11-2021 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16120455)
Maidstoned annoys himself.

Sub Alf lite.

Wolfnipplechips 27-11-2021 12:57 PM

Auctioneers who speak in that absolutely ludicrous patter style where they roll all their rrrrrrs and you can’t hear what they’re saying.

In particular, the daft Home Counties bint on the television right now who is spoiling my enjoyment of Christina Trevannion.

Maidstoned Eagle 27-11-2021 03:44 PM

Daughters who "yeah yeah yeah yeah" you when showing them how to maintain their motor scooters and what the warning lights all mean...and then seize the engine of said motor scooter because they havent cheked the oil and ignored the red warning light.

WLYWLYAWYPWF 27-11-2021 04:52 PM

:veryangry
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16120986)
Auctioneers who speak in that absolutely ludicrous patter style where they roll all their rrrrrrs and you can’t hear what they’re saying.

In particular, the daft Home Counties bint on the television right now who is spoiling my enjoyment of Christina Trevannion.

Was it Gemima Brettell? Christina Trevannion is wife material.

big bad John 27-11-2021 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 16120574)
He's more Ing-er-lish than me. Anyway, I was talking about public school Victorian toffs who I doubt would of been that interested in GAA sports (or Aussie Rules for that matter).

I believe you are a decendent of the Bermondsey-Faministas, who in Vicky's time were referred to as the Low Irish. They were fond of the odd game of GAR, were good spellers and very well respected:hi:

west country boy 27-11-2021 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big bad John (Post 16122669)
I believe you are a decendent of the Bermondsey-Faministas, who in Vicky's time were referred to as the Low Irish. They were fond of the odd game of GAR, were good spellers and very well respected:hi:

I am very well respected, that is true.

Tripod 10 27-11-2021 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16120986)
Auctioneers who speak in that absolutely ludicrous patter style where they roll all their rrrrrrs and you can’t hear what they’re saying.

In particular, the daft Home Counties bint on the television right now who is spoiling my enjoyment of Christina Trevannion.

I watched that too this morning. Very annoying and adds absolutely nothing to an auction.
Bint.

Hedgehog 28-11-2021 08:40 PM

McAfee Security Scans... And I appreciate I should just uninstall the damn thing, but that's not the point really. It should be able to do a job and do in unobtrusively and only when I set the scan to run, but no it has to run itself at the most inopportune times and grind the computer to a stuttering halt while doing so in the background... only to pop up saying it didn't find anything, but I really should upgrade to their premium plan to make my computer more secure.

Despite my best efforts in the settings screen to only scan once a week at a specific time, it still does its thing every day.

Wank stain of a software.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.