CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Maidstoned Eagle 21-09-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14921164)
Don’t even need to go full vegan, although obviously it’s ideal. Just eating less meat and dairy would make you better than most of the population, who already eat too much of it anyway.

No point, he ain't listening.

Prince Phillip 21-09-2019 03:01 PM

Do you consider the Scottish Cup more significant than The Championship? The BBC do.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scores-fixtures

CP-RJW 21-09-2019 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 14921215)
What exactly are you basing that on, other than your own prejudices? :)

Lots and lots of reading and research? The article you linked even labelled it ‘the forgotten methane source,’ and ‘a surprising discovery,’ so it’s not exactly common knowledge. The article also states that it’s living plants that pump out all the methane. So unless you’re telling me that everyone is completely wrong about plants and trees, and they’re in fact more detrimental to the atmosphere than cleansing, I’m right in saying that a plants methane production nowhere near closes the emissions gap between plants and animals.

I don’t really have any strong prejudices. I only started really becoming invested in veganism a few months ago, and am still open minded about learning more about the concept, and arguments for and against.

GorBlimey 21-09-2019 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Fozzie (Post 14921161)
People who have a problem with others trying to make the world a better place to live.


People who want to make the world a "better place to live" when they actually just want to make it how they want it to be.

Timbo 21-09-2019 05:44 PM

Foreign managers on Sky who mutter away in pigeon English

Nth Kent Eagle 21-09-2019 05:58 PM

Stansted Airport.

Little Fozzie 21-09-2019 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 14921600)
People who want to make the world a "better place to live" when they actually just want to make it how they want it to be.

Those things aren't mutually exclusive, gam

GorBlimey 21-09-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Fozzie (Post 14921620)
Those things aren't mutually exclusive, gam


People who address others with the epithet "gam"

CT_Palace 21-09-2019 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 14921626)
People who address others with the epithet "gam"

How about div then?

cappuccinoeagle 21-09-2019 06:36 PM

Kay Burley & Carol Malone being on Pointless Celebrities.

firesign 21-09-2019 06:59 PM

Pointless Celebrities

Leopald Stotch 21-09-2019 07:13 PM

My weight has always fluctuated by quite a bit. So why when I bump into an ex, and I'm carrying a few extra pounds, is it o.k. for her to make fat jokes. But when I point out that she has gone from an 8/10 to looking like a weathered walnut, I'm a bad person.

chrisophiex 21-09-2019 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leopald Stotch (Post 14921690)
My weight has always fluctuated by quite a bit. So why when I bump into an ex, and I'm carrying a few extra pounds, is it o.k. for her to make fat jokes. But when I point out that she has gone from an 8/10 to looking like a weathered walnut, I'm a bad person.


:D

Blind_Eagle 21-09-2019 08:16 PM

:moo2:
Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14921430)
Lots and lots of reading and research? The article you linked even labelled it ‘the forgotten methane source,’ and ‘a surprising discovery,’ so it’s not exactly common knowledge. The article also states that it’s living plants that pump out all the methane. So unless you’re telling me that everyone is completely wrong about plants and trees, and they’re in fact more detrimental to the atmosphere than cleansing, I’m right in saying that a plants methane production nowhere near closes the emissions gap between plants and animals.

If you add the higher level of projected methane in that report to the estimated methane release from paddy fields then it’s way above that from the beef and dairy industry.

If you take the lowest level of projected methane in that report and add it to the methane released by growing rice then it equates to roughly the same as that produced by the beef & dairy industry.

Yet you are confident in your assumption that it doesn’t equate.

I’ve no beef in this discussion, but I do wonder why important scientific stuff gets ignored because it doesn’t fit the social norm.

GorBlimey 21-09-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 14921634)
How about div then?


Wanker would more appropriate for you but I guess c*nt suits you even more. :jerkit:

CP-RJW 21-09-2019 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 14921735)
:moo2:

If you add the higher level of projected methane in that report to the estimated methane release from paddy fields then it’s way above that from the beef and dairy industry.

If you take the lowest level of projected methane in that report and add it to the methane released by growing rice then it equates to roughly the same as that produced by the beef & dairy industry.

Yet you are confident in your assumption that it doesn’t equate.

I’ve no beef in this discussion, but I do wonder why important scientific stuff gets ignored because it doesn’t fit the social norm.

I’m not ignoring anything, you’re either missing my point or I didn’t explain it well enough. ‘Emissions’ doesn’t just mean methane. I believe methane only accounts for about 10% of greenhouse gas emissions. Obviously the vast majority is carbon dioxide, there’s a bit of nitrous oxide and a few other fairly insignificant ones like hydrofluorocarbons.

A plant may very well emit lots of methane, but take into account the huge carbon dioxide emissions from the meat industry, the fact that plants take in CO2, and the fact that plants require far less deforestation in the first place to create room for farmland, and ‘a plants methane production nowhere near closes the emissions gap between plants and animals.’

chrisophiex 21-09-2019 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 14921735)
:moo2:

If you add the higher level of projected methane in that report to the estimated methane release from paddy fields then it’s way above that from the beef and dairy industry.

If you take the lowest level of projected methane in that report and add it to the methane released by growing rice then it equates to roughly the same as that produced by the beef & dairy industry.

Yet you are confident in your assumption that it doesn’t equate.

I’ve no beef in this discussion, but I do wonder why important scientific stuff gets ignored because it doesn’t fit the social norm.

Good work.

Blind_Eagle 21-09-2019 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14921751)
I’m not ignoring anything, you’re either missing my point or I didn’t explain it well enough. ‘Emissions’ doesn’t just mean methane. carbon dioxide emissions from the meat industry, the fact that plants take in CO2, and the fact that plants require far less deforestation in the first place to create room for farmland, and ‘a plants methane production nowhere near closes the emissions gap between plants and animals.’

Excuse me, but I only got involved when you stated that veg “obviously doesn’t produce methane” which I pointed out was untrue and provided my source.

You then stated your belief that, despite this inconvenient fact, it wouldn’t compensate for the beef/dairy methane emissions and offered absolutely no sources to back up your assertion.

I’m not missing your point, we were talking about methane. :D

Blind_Eagle 21-09-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14921430)
Lots and lots of reading and research?

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but if you weren’t aware of that paper, then maybe your research technique needs fine tuning. It caused a right stir at the time.

Isle of Wight 21-09-2019 10:06 PM

Still a simple truth in what CP-RJW was saying. Fossil fuels and Dairy when added to the environmental damage they cause is a problem. Reducing meat intake is better for health and helps reduce their effects. The palm oil industry was created to reduce costs previously more expensive oils were used in all sorts of things that have now been replace by this monster. It’s our choice and as long as we have had a little look at it and made a choice, meat/no meat palm oil/no palm oil etc then that’s all you can ask.

CP-RJW 21-09-2019 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 14921795)
Excuse me, but I only got involved when you stated that veg “obviously doesn’t produce methane” which I pointed out was untrue and provided my source.

You then stated your belief that, despite this inconvenient fact, it wouldn’t compensate for the beef/dairy methane emissions and offered absolutely no sources to back up your assertion.

I’m not missing your point, we were talking about methane. :D

No. I said ‘emissions’. The common, general term for greenhouse gas emissions. If I meant methane emissions, I would’ve said ‘methane emissions.’ Do I have to provide sources for such basic concept like photosynthesis that we all learn when we are 10?

With all due respect, you’re a guy I don’t know on a message board. Just because you mention methane doesn’t mean it is the only topic at hand. I acknowledged that I wasn’t aware of the fact you brought up, and then made another point relating the wider topic of veg vs meat environmental impact being discussed on this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14920879)
You know what produces 24% of greenhouse gas emissions? Deforestation. 70% of deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon is for cattle ranching. This happens worldwide, forests cleared for meat and dairy production. Obviously there’s a high production of methane too, a greenhouse gas. At the end of the day, any big change to fossil fuel emissions from corporations will come from the government. The best thing a normal person can do to reduce their carbon footprint is to reduce their meat and dairy intake, or even better, go vegan. Veg just takes up far less space, and obviously doesn’t produce methane.

I don’t expect single mums working two jobs to do this. But if you’d middle class or better, there’s no excuse not to.

Considering that this is the post you originally replied to, albeit only picking out the incorrect methane part, I think it’s pretty reasonable that I attempted to bring the discussion back to meat vs plants general emissions.

CP-RJW 21-09-2019 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 14921805)
Please don’t take this the wrong way, but if you weren’t aware of that paper, then maybe your research technique needs fine tuning. It caused a right stir at the time.

It didn’t cause a stir. No one else cared, even the anti Vegan brigade who I’m sure are very keen to expose any flaw in the ideology or what it’s proponents state about it. You are trying to cause a stir.

Hpalace 22-09-2019 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 14921017)
I don't. I am no convert.

So why would someone looking to convert people stop preaching here when people like you haven’t been converted?

Joe85 22-09-2019 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14921198)
Ooh, how edgy.



And colon-cancery.

art malice 22-09-2019 01:33 PM

In-laws finishing up a conversation an hour ago and still fvcking going

Isle of Wight 22-09-2019 02:52 PM

iPhones can’t multi task !!!

Hedgehog 22-09-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 14922293)
In-laws finishing up a conversation an hour ago and still fvcking going

Sounds like my wife...

GJN 22-09-2019 03:58 PM

Watching most Palace games these days.

CP-RJW 22-09-2019 04:21 PM

Christian Benteke

SA Eagle 22-09-2019 07:21 PM

People who bring screeching little kids to pubs

KYLIE MINEAGLE 22-09-2019 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SA Eagle (Post 14923515)
People who bring screeching little kids to pubs

Oh no you have it there to :veryangry

wighteagle 22-09-2019 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SA Eagle (Post 14923515)
People who bring screeching little kids to pubs

Yes! Definitely. Nightmare over here during the school holidays.

radiomike 22-09-2019 08:11 PM

And to restaurants in the evening no more need for babysitters selfish parents expect us al to tolerate their screaming Amelias and Oliver’s led to a big row recently when two very young children screamed incessantly not their fault but their vile me me me yah yah parents
Fully support the pub restaurant which banned a family of screaming children

Hedgehog 22-09-2019 09:06 PM

Why can't people just be straight or LGBT? WTF is all this "sapiosexual" and "non-binary" ballshit?

Salad_Burnet 22-09-2019 09:32 PM

How rude of you! I'm sapiosexual don't you know?

Hedgehog 22-09-2019 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet (Post 14923728)
How rude of you! I'm sapiosexual don't you know?

I'm not sure you will be turned on by too many on the BBS!

GorBlimey 22-09-2019 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14923687)
Why can't people just be straight or LGBT? WTF is all this "sapiosexual" and "non-binary" ballshit?


I got the LGBT thing then they stuck a Q on the end.


It's like Labour's stance on Brexit - f*ck knows what it means.

art malice 22-09-2019 10:21 PM

A new train announcement, among the never-ending stream, saying ‘please listen to announcements’

Bintang 23-09-2019 10:55 AM

Renewing my passport now involves going to a local agent (appointed by HMG), submitting all required paperwork, and it then being sent off to Liverpool for processing.

3 weeks has past, money has been taken from my credit card, and then I receive an email from HM Passport Office in Liverpool to say the photos were not included. Well I know they were because I have a receipt from their local agent. Can't reply to their email, so means me going back to the agent and giving them more photos to send to Liverpool.

So much for this new system, which I have to pay more for. Bloody annoying.

MFBias 23-09-2019 11:41 AM

The phrase : ‘let that sink in’

Unnecessary phrase as if what was said was a revelation, you wouldn’t have to attempt to draw a line under it. It just comes across as look at me, look what I noticed.

A cringe reaction rather than annoyance when I read it.

Stellavista 23-09-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 14924143)
The phrase : ‘let that sink in’

Unnecessary phrase as if what was said was a revelation, you wouldn’t have to attempt to draw a line under it. It just comes across as look at me, look what I noticed.

A cringe reaction rather than annoyance when I read it.

I find a cheeky headbutt to be the correct response in these situations.

chrisophiex 23-09-2019 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 14923763)
I got the LGBT thing then they stuck a Q on the end.


It's like Labour's stance on Brexit - f*ck knows what it means.


I’m in the process of buying a new TV and said to my wife “I’m thinking of an LG TV”.

I had to explain the difference between OLED and LCD....

MFBias 23-09-2019 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 14924167)
I find a cheeky headbutt to be the correct response in these situations.

Only ever seen it written mainly on the bbs. I dont know how I would react if someone said it in person.

thefox 23-09-2019 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet (Post 14923728)
How rude of you! I'm sapiosexual don't you know?

How do you wank ?

Dobbo 23-09-2019 04:03 PM

Airlines pushing up the price of flights in the wake of Thomas Cook going bust. Pure opportunism.

Maz 23-09-2019 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobbo (Post 14924381)
Airlines pushing up the price of flights in the wake of Thomas Cook going bust. Pure opportunism.

Source?

chrisophiex 23-09-2019 04:13 PM

5 day working week.

Whomever invented that should be shot.

chrisophiex 23-09-2019 04:15 PM

People who use "whomever".

chateauferret 23-09-2019 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14924388)
Source?

Just been looking at the cost of booking another holiday similar to the one we had with TC for the same dates and the prices are double.

Now it says on the villa company's website that they are taking over the bookings but we shall see.

chateauferret 23-09-2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 14924392)
People who use "whomever".

Perfectly good word. Accusative and dative case of "whoever".

Maz 23-09-2019 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 14924393)
Just been looking at the cost of booking another holiday similar to the one we had with TC for the same dates and the prices are double.
.

maybe that represents a truer price, and helps explain TC’s long-term issues?

davech 23-09-2019 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefox (Post 14924338)
How do you wank ?

With Kafka in the other hand? Vor Dem Gesetz is my personal favourite (in the original German, of course; some of the the subtle nuances are lost in a lot of translations.)

chrisophiex 23-09-2019 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 14924394)
Perfectly good word. Accusative and dative case of "whoever".

I know...but can sound a bit poncy :)

It was in response to the post above it.

Dobbo 23-09-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14924388)
Source?

Me !
Going to Lanzarote in November.
Outward BA. Return TC.
Replacement flights outrageous.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 23-09-2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefox (Post 14924338)
How do you wank ?

Is this one of those my dogs got no nose jokes ?

Worksop Palace 23-09-2019 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14924388)
Source?

I very nearly booked flights to Majorca for Oct last week for £61.

They’re £168 today

mte103 23-09-2019 09:58 PM

The number of people I walked past in Victoria today with insufferable BO. How can you not realise you smell that bad? Or not care you smell so bad? Disgusting.

Hedgehog 23-09-2019 10:06 PM

Builders/contractors that don't show up when they say they will...

Really pisses me off when you agree on an hour window, and they are a no show with no text.

Come the revolution...

chateauferret 23-09-2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 14924405)
maybe that represents a truer price, and helps explain TC’s long-term issues?

Nope. The price we paid to TC was similar to the one on the villa company's own website at the time. We only used TC because someone gave us a voucher.

chateauferret 23-09-2019 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 14924447)
I know...but can sound a bit poncy :)

It was in response to the post above it.

"Whomever" is frequently used incorrectly by people who want to sound poncy but don't know the difference between the object and the subject of a clause. More often, of course, whoever is used instead of whomever; English speakers don't get on with inflected wordforms.

art malice 24-09-2019 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 14924795)
"Whomever" is frequently used incorrectly by people who want to sound poncy but don't know the difference between the object and the subject of a clause. More often, of course, whoever is used instead of whomever; English speakers don't get on with inflected wordforms.

Whommmshhhh

Ardent Eagle Forever 24-09-2019 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 14924390)
5 day working week.

Whomever invented that should be shot.

OK, you have my permission to work a four day week, I'll just deduct 20% from your salary :p

Love the spelling mistake in your last sentence ;)

Glazier69 25-09-2019 01:41 PM

Interviewees, usually footballers or managers, who (or is it “Whom”?) begin their reply with “yeah, no”. Make your mind up!

Hedgehog 25-09-2019 09:53 PM

Having to update/change passwords for apps, and having to go through hoops to get it done.

I wouldn't mind if it was for my bank or a financial institution (who don't seem to be too concerned), but for hotels or hardware stores or the like who seem to get off on doing this every time I go into their app. I assume it is the lack of activity on my part that drives this.

Oldtown Eagle 25-09-2019 10:16 PM

Being on a diet. No alcohol is very dull, plus I have just seriously contemplated a large spoonful of crunchy peanut butter straight from the jar.

Stellavista 25-09-2019 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle (Post 14926846)
Being on a diet. No alcohol is very dull, plus I have just seriously contemplated a large spoonful of crunchy peanut butter straight from the jar.

The longer you stay off the booze, the cheaper it will be to get spannered in the long run. Your tolerance will be obliterated :)

Oldtown Eagle 25-09-2019 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 14926850)
The longer you stay off the booze, the cheaper it will be to get spannered in the long run. Your tolerance will be obliterated :)

Thanks for the positive. :lux:

Hedgehog 25-09-2019 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle (Post 14926846)
... I have just seriously contemplated a large spoonful of crunchy peanut butter straight from the jar.

Is that a bad thing? I do it nearly every day with a spoonful of strawberry jam thrown in there.

Might explain my high sugar count!

MFBias 26-09-2019 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 14926850)
The longer you stay off the booze, the cheaper it will be to get spannered in the long run. Your tolerance will be obliterated :)

This concerns me.

Ive given up drinking, the only time Im going back is my Stag, which will be 7 months dry until being obliterated with alcohol. Sounds like I will be on the floor after one pint.

GorBlimey 26-09-2019 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 14926893)
This concerns me.

Ive given up drinking, the only time Im going back is my Stag, which will be 7 months dry until being obliterated with alcohol. Sounds like I will be on the floor after one pint.


You might manage three or four pints but after that you will have tried to cop off with a middle-aged woman who you think has fallen in love with you, offered to fight her partner even though you've been told he's a Karate instructor and then finally, after telling everyone in your chosen drinking establishment that you love them all, you'll fall over and slumber into unconsciousness while you piss yourself as you had forgotten to go to the toilet.


Stay training. You know it makes sense. :p

old traf 26-09-2019 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefox (Post 14920796)
You do realise all that goes in the recycle bin isn't recycled and it's actually shipped to Asia to be dumped in Asia. Although now they are starting to turn it away.

there sending a lot back

old traf 26-09-2019 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14924761)
Builders/contractors that don't show up when they say they will...

Really pisses me off when you agree on an hour window, and they are a no show with no text.

Come the revolution...

You better get used to it, they have been doing it for 40 years to my knowledge, and it doesn't matter how you try to change the company, its still the same

evvo111 26-09-2019 08:54 AM

Quite happily typing away a nice long diatribe against Prince Harry not being able to get out of bed and then realising I'd started with a non-capital and most of the piece was in capitals. I used to know a way to reverse this but, like so much of my memory, it has gone into my brains version of the Bermuda Triangle.

Little Fozzie 26-09-2019 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glazier69 (Post 14926514)
Interviewees, usually footballers or managers, who (or is it “Whom”?) begin their reply with “yeah, no”. Make your mind up!

I believe they call this the Lampard paradox

wedgetail 26-09-2019 10:13 AM

Windows, I have to use Windows 10 for one application for an online course, what an absolutely useless crock of shite, it must be a productivity killer for anyone who has to use this abomination for work. Back to Linux Mint to get real work done.

chrisophiex 26-09-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evvo111 (Post 14926976)
Quite happily typing away a nice long diatribe against Prince Harry not being able to get out of bed and then realising I'd started with a non-capital and most of the piece was in capitals. I used to know a way to reverse this but, like so much of my memory, it has gone into my brains version of the Bermuda Triangle.


So you didn’t look up once at the screen during the whole time ? Apart from the end, that is.

chrisophiex 26-09-2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedgetail (Post 14927050)
Windows, I have to use Windows 10 for one application for an online course, what an absolutely useless crock of shite, it must be a productivity killer for anyone who has to use this abomination for work. Back to Linux Mint to get real work done.


What are you struggling with ?

Try classic shell. Makes it look more like Windows 7

Sharkba1t 26-09-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glazier69 (Post 14926514)
Interviewees, usually footballers or managers, who (or is it “Whom”?) begin their reply with “yeah, no”. Make your mind up!

100% agree. One of my pet hates.
Along with people who mix up "bought" and "brought".

Stellavista 26-09-2019 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFBias (Post 14926893)
This concerns me.

Ive given up drinking, the only time Im going back is my Stag, which will be 7 months dry until being obliterated with alcohol. Sounds like I will be on the floor after one pint.

I'm probably an extreme example. I've been pretty much alcohol free since my mid-20's. I probably drink about 2 or 3 beers a year, usually after a long walk in the Mountains on a hot day. I feel the effects almost instantly. I wouldn't drive after one pint. You'll probably get to three pints before whipping out your little boy in the middle of a packed bar. Good luck.

wedgetail 26-09-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 14927148)
I'm probably an extreme example. I've been pretty much alcohol free since my mid-20's. I probably drink about 2 or 3 beers a year, usually after a long walk in the Mountains on a hot day. I feel the effects almost instantly. I wouldn't drive after one pint. You'll probably get to three pints before whipping out your little boy in the middle of a packed bar. Good luck.

Absolutely the worst situation to break a long abstinance.

ulysses 26-09-2019 12:22 PM

Pedantic, I know, but when people write 'on route' instead of 'en route'.

mushroom 26-09-2019 12:41 PM

People who put their on "success" stories on Twitter

"6 years ago I was a single mum of 2/alcoholic/homeless/in jail/etc, but today I have just passed a exam/got job/brought house. #believe

#notinterested #fukkoff

MFBias 26-09-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 14927148)
I'm probably an extreme example. I've been pretty much alcohol free since my mid-20's. I probably drink about 2 or 3 beers a year, usually after a long walk in the Mountains on a hot day. I feel the effects almost instantly. I wouldn't drive after one pint. You'll probably get to three pints before whipping out your little boy in the middle of a packed bar. Good luck.

I’ll provide photos in January.

Stellavista 26-09-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedgetail (Post 14927156)
Absolutely the worst situation to break a long abstinance.

Not really. Off the mountain, in a cool hotel bar, pint of water and then usually a Radler. I'm not going on a bender :)

Hedgehog 26-09-2019 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evvo111 (Post 14926976)
Quite happily typing away a nice long diatribe against Prince Harry not being able to get out of bed and then realising I'd started with a non-capital and most of the piece was in capitals. I used to know a way to reverse this but, like so much of my memory, it has gone into my brains version of the Bermuda Triangle.

Not sure if this helps... https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001290.htm

I assume you already fixed it anyway.

Slimbloke'H' 26-09-2019 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 14927095)
What are you struggling with ?

Try classic shell. Makes it look more like Windows 7

Absobloodylutely!

Maidstoned Eagle 26-09-2019 04:51 PM

Yep, classic shell helped me find the ******* off button!

chateauferret 26-09-2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedgetail (Post 14927050)
Windows, I have to use Windows 10 for one application for an online course, what an absolutely useless crock of shite, it must be a productivity killer for anyone who has to use this abomination for work. Back to Linux Mint to get real work done.

Mrs came back from work and said they'd "upgraded" her PC to Wankers 10. I said that wasn't an up grade but a downgrade. What was the upgrade path from Wankers 7? "Linux", quoth I.

I've got a couple of applications I need to use Wankers 10 for and it does my tits in.

chateauferret 26-09-2019 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 14927095)
What are you struggling with ?

Try classic shell. Makes it look more like Windows 7

Love it. Get an upgrade to the later version and then because it's such shite you have to get an emulator for the older version to run on top of it.

evvo111 26-09-2019 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14927364)
Not sure if this helps... https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001290.htm

I assume you already fixed it anyway.

That's great. I can't give you rep. If I could I definitely would :p :)

Jim Cannon 26-09-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkba1t (Post 14927102)
Along with people who mix up "bought" and "brought".

And people who also say I should OF. Learn to speak English properly

Skiddo 26-09-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 14927406)
Mrs came back from work and said they'd "upgraded" her PC to Wankers 10. I said that wasn't an up grade but a downgrade.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFLmjrwC...pg&name=medium

JimmyAG 26-09-2019 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ulysses (Post 14927173)
Pedantic, I know, but when people write 'on route' instead of 'en route'.

Ignorance is very on vogue

Nigel_Scarfer 26-09-2019 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 14927184)
People who put their on "success" stories on Twitter

"6 years ago I was a single mum of 2/alcoholic/homeless/in jail/etc, but today I have just passed a exam/got job/brought house. #believe

#notinterested #fukkoff

They do it on linked in as well

dannyb1 26-09-2019 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 14927148)
I'm probably an extreme example. I've been pretty much alcohol free since my mid-20's. I probably drink about 2 or 3 beers a year, usually after a long walk in the Mountains on a hot day. I feel the effects almost instantly. I wouldn't drive after one pint. You'll probably get to three pints before whipping out your little boy in the middle of a packed bar. Good luck.

Nope, I've been pretty much alcohol free also since 2011 don't regreat it one bit.

Had two pints in that time, one with my late father in law on Christmas day (my birthday)down the pub around 2014 and that knocked me then the other on Christmas day down the same pub the year he died.

Joe85 26-09-2019 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 14927148)
I'm probably an extreme example. I've been pretty much alcohol free since my mid-20's. I probably drink about 2 or 3 beers a year, usually after a long walk in the Mountains on a hot day. I feel the effects almost instantly. I wouldn't drive after one pint. You'll probably get to three pints before whipping out your little boy in the middle of a packed bar. Good luck.



I’m the same.

Hector 27-09-2019 12:57 PM

People still calling the Premier League the Premiership......how many years!

Penstone Eagle 27-09-2019 01:11 PM

Newspapers calling Benteke a Premier League Star.

Marki 27-09-2019 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ulysses (Post 14927173)
Pedantic, I know, but when people write 'on route' instead of 'en route'.

Might be spellcheck but defiantly instead of definitely. Get in the bin.

PALACEWU 27-09-2019 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 14927432)
And people who also say I should OF. Learn to speak English properly

Fine when spoken, inexcusable when written.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.