CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

stevek 02-04-2021 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 15726653)
Drivers who drive slowly actively looking for pedestrians so that they can stop and let them cross.

Yeah, bloody hell, the considerate w**kers.

Oh.

Drivers who think because they are in a car their journey is more important than anyone else's.

Maz 02-04-2021 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevek (Post 15726681)
Yeah, bloody hell, the considerate w**kers.

Oh.

Drivers who think because they are in a car their journey is more important than anyone else's.

Meh. Change that to 'people in/on any form of transport' and I might agree with you.

Reps AJ 02-04-2021 09:45 AM

Drivers who can't use their indicators.

(A regular annoyance, both as a pedestrian and a car driver)

Maz 02-04-2021 09:49 AM

Actually my real annoyance on the roads at the moment is those powered little scooters - the risks they take, and how vulnerable they are.

palacelad197o 02-04-2021 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15726855)
Actually my real annoyance on the roads at the moment is those powered little scooters - the risks they take, and how vulnerable they are.

Absolutely i was in redhill a few days ago and kids on them in all dark clothes everywhere

i witnessed one go up the near side of a van who was giving way at a junction to a car turning right and how he failed not to hit him i do not know

Stellavista 02-04-2021 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palacelad197o (Post 15726905)
Absolutely i was in redhill a few days ago...

You have my sympathy.

Slimbloke'H' 02-04-2021 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizarro (Post 15726527)
Drivers who wave for you to come out on roundabouts when they have the right of way.

Overly courteous drivers... aaaaggghhhhh!

Worcester is an old city; lots of narrow streets and parking can be an issue. There's a route I take quite regularly where it's inevitable that someone's going to have to pull over to let another car through.

I'm grew up driving in and around London where you don't **** about in these sorts of situations - you do the right thing (mostly), the other driver does too and it just works.

Up here? oh no, that would be far to simple. Every ******* time it's:

'After you Cecil'

'No, please Claude, after you!'

No, Cecil, I insist, after you!'

'I couldn't possibly Claude, you must go first' etc. etc...

Absolutely does my nut in!

Wolfnipplechips 02-04-2021 09:03 PM

People who describe a four week holiday in India as “travelling.”

**** off you enormous pseud.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 02-04-2021 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 15726653)
Drivers who drive slowly actively looking for pedestrians

David Pleat?

Vince Hilaire's Afro 02-04-2021 10:32 PM

Static shocks. I hate them so much I'm even tormented by the prospect of getting one. I even tap wooden door frames before touching metal door handles and such

PALACEWU 02-04-2021 10:40 PM

Always get one getting out of the car.

Stellavista 02-04-2021 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PALACEWU (Post 15727508)
Always get one getting out of the car.

Are friends electric?

BERT'S HEAD 02-04-2021 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15727509)
Are friends electric?

I got it :D

Sakhalin Rich 02-04-2021 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15727507)
Static shocks. I hate them so much I'm even tormented by the prospect of getting one. I even tap wooden door frames before touching metal door handles and such


Used to use one of these when living in the dry air of Russia - was really good at eliminating static shocks and made me feel a lot more relaxed in winter. https://www.amazon.co.uk/uxcell-Anti.../dp/B07M8GN791

Hedgehog 02-04-2021 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PALACEWU (Post 15727508)
Always get one getting out of the car.

You could always hang a chain from the back bumper that scrapes along the ground as you drive. I believe it grounds the car and prevents static.

Disclaimer: this my be an old wives tail that prevented car sickness...

Edit: Both theories are addressed here:

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-some-ca...gs-on-the-road

Vince Hilaire's Afro 02-04-2021 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakhalin Rich (Post 15727515)
Used to use one of these when living in the dry air of Russia - was really good at eliminating static shocks and made me feel a lot more relaxed in winter. https://www.amazon.co.uk/uxcell-Anti.../dp/B07M8GN791

Looks like it could double up as a handy anal plug

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 02-04-2021 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15727485)
David Pleat?

A fantastic synapse connection that reveals a little about how your thoughts are wired :lux:

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 02-04-2021 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15727532)
Looks like it could double up as a handy anal plug

Size matters, but it is advertised as being a discharge remover so it might still be worth a punt?

Vince Hilaire's Afro 03-04-2021 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels (Post 15727539)
Size matters, but it is advertised as being a discharge remover so it might still be worth a punt?

What is there to lose?

Hedgehog 03-04-2021 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15727532)
Looks like it could double up as a handy anal plug

Not sure I want to walk around with a 2 inch diameter key fob though... :eek:

Vince Hilaire's Afro 03-04-2021 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15727553)
Not sure I want to walk around with a 2 inch diameter key fob though... :eek:

Perhaps that is a microcosm of the subtle differences in our respective lives?

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 03-04-2021 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15727553)
Not sure I want to walk around with a 2 inch diameter key fob though... :eek:

Oh so you like to walk around with your plug engaged? What do you find are the optimal dimensions, for that then?

Stellavista 03-04-2021 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15727532)
Looks like it could double up as a handy anal plug

You can always depend on the BBS for a practical solution.

Hedgehog 03-04-2021 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15727555)
Perhaps that is a microcosm of the subtle differences in our respective lives?

Without putting anyone off their dinner, the poop I just had might need a 2.5 inch diameter plug!

Hedgehog 03-04-2021 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels (Post 15727556)
Oh so you like to walk around with your plug engaged? What do you find are the optimal dimensions, for that then?

As a key fob it has to fit in my Levi's pocket. People might get the wrong idea in a Linford Christie type of way! :eek:

cappuccinoeagle 03-04-2021 01:43 AM

Meet The Khans- err, no thanks, especially Mrs Khan who seems an irritating diva, although in the past, Amir seemed OK.

Blind_Eagle 03-04-2021 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15727562)
Without putting anyone off their dinner, the poop I just had might need a 2.5 inch diameter plug!

I’m kinda hoping that an American inch is smaller than the Imperial equivalent.

Hedgehog 03-04-2021 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 15727761)
I’m kinda hoping that an American inch is smaller than the Imperial equivalent.

I think feet and inches is all we have in common.

Maybe 60mm is more appropriate on this site?

Blind_Eagle 03-04-2021 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15727762)
I think feet and inches is all we have in common.

Maybe 60mm is more appropriate on this site?

This site is the BBS Hedgehog, not Grindr. :)

Hedgehog 03-04-2021 05:28 AM

True... too many innuendos on here!

Pidster 03-04-2021 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 15727470)
People who describe a four week holiday in India as “travelling.”

**** off you enormous pseud.


Is this something a front of house manager at a northern branch of Nando’s might say?

cupid stunt 03-04-2021 09:12 AM

Losing signal on your phone when traveling. I went traveling around Europe back in 2019 for a week, mostly to take in some different cultures and re-discover the true meaning of life, it was total chill.

I started off in a tiny place called Gibraltar where I could get hold of most things I could back home, there's a great greasy spoon that I used to frequent in the mornings and a lovely pub that became my second home. I decided to hike it (on foot) to Spain from there, solo. It gave me time to think, process a lot of thoughts, and really just get back to basics, letting go of all those negative vibes.

Once I arrived in Spain, a little weary from the hike, I wanted to upload a few shots to insta, to let my followers know I had made it safely across the border, but couldn't get any signal for love nor money. I had to wait until I found the hostel I was staying in to use their wifi, which wasn't great but when you're traveling the last thing you're doing is looking at your phone all day anyhow.

Spain was a blast, however, and am hoping to go traveling again sometime soon, hopefully the phone signal is a little better by then though.

Stellavista 03-04-2021 01:50 PM

'Safely' across the border, from Gibraltar to Spain? Is it a war zone?

Blind_Eagle 03-04-2021 08:03 PM

I’m currently pretty annoyed with myself. I had a friend round for a few beers to watch today’s football in the garden which was highly enjoyable.

I broke off at half time in the Leicester game to go inside to feed the dog. As I was putting the bowl down my wife came in to the kitchen to ask me something. We got chatting before I went back down to the garden where my mate and my cider were waiting.

He left just before the Arsenal game kicked off and I went back into the house.

The dog was still sitting there, in a pool of drivel, waiting to be told she could have her food.

I can accidentally be a right **** sometimes, poor dog.

PALACEWU 03-04-2021 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15727561)
You can always depend on the BBS for a practical solution.

Yeah, I would never have a key fob that big/small but I'd chuck it up my arse no sweat.

Hedgehog 03-04-2021 09:53 PM

I need 2 plastic push-in rivets.

They only come in packets of 100... anybody want the other 98? (well 90... I'm sure I'll screw a few up trying to install them!)

Mind you, I suspect it cost more to package the little buggers than it does to make them.

Martin H 03-04-2021 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 15728660)
I’m currently pretty annoyed with myself. I had a friend round for a few beers to watch today’s football in the garden which was highly enjoyable.

I broke off at half time in the Leicester game to go inside to feed the dog. As I was putting the bowl down my wife came in to the kitchen to ask me something. We got chatting before I went back down to the garden where my mate and my cider were waiting.

He left just before the Arsenal game kicked off and I went back into the house.

The dog was still sitting there, in a pool of drivel, waiting to be told she could have her food.

I can accidentally be a right **** sometimes, poor dog.

Wow what a dog!

You can take that both ways I guess :)

Vince Hilaire's Afro 03-04-2021 10:42 PM

People who put even more cheese onto a cooked lasagne.

Maidstoned Eagle 04-04-2021 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cupid stunt (Post 15727827)
Losing signal on your phone when traveling. I went traveling around Europe back in 2019 for a week, mostly to take in some different cultures and re-discover the true meaning of life, it was total chill.

I started off in a tiny place called Gibraltar where I could get hold of most things I could back home, there's a great greasy spoon that I used to frequent in the mornings and a lovely pub that became my second home. I decided to hike it (on foot) to Spain from there, solo. It gave me time to think, process a lot of thoughts, and really just get back to basics, letting go of all those negative vibes.

Once I arrived in Spain, a little weary from the hike, I wanted to upload a few shots to insta, to let my followers know I had made it safely across the border, but couldn't get any signal for love nor money. I had to wait until I found the hostel I was staying in to use their wifi, which wasn't great but when you're traveling the last thing you're doing is looking at your phone all day anyhow.

Spain was a blast, however, and am hoping to go traveling again sometime soon, hopefully the phone signal is a little better by then though.

If you liked Gib, you don't deserve Spain.

Hedgehog 04-04-2021 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15728880)
If you liked Gib, you don't deserve Spain.

You let him off light there for that post ME... You losing your touch?

Blind_Eagle 04-04-2021 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15728880)
If you liked Gib, you don't deserve Spain.

If you like Gib you don’t deserve an opinion [Murray(a) and his matelot buddies excepted]

Gib is a right shithole.

Maidstoned Eagle 04-04-2021 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 15728886)
If you like Gib you don’t deserve an opinion [Murray(a) and his matelot buddies excepted]

Gib is a right shithole.

Yep

Bermondsey on Sea.

Blind_Eagle 04-04-2021 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15728880)
If you liked Gib, you don't deserve Spain.

If you like Gib you don’t even deserve an opinion [Murray(a) and his matelot buddies excepted]

Gib is a right shithole.

Despite all that, surely Cupid stunt was taking the piss and not being serious with that post? I mean seriously re-read it. :D

Maidstoned Eagle 04-04-2021 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 15728891)
If you like Gib you don’t deserve an opinion [Murray(a) and his matelot buddies excepted]

Gib is a right shithole.

Despite all that, surely Cupid stunt was taking the piss and not being serious with that post? I mean seriously re-read it. :D

I'm too busy picking belly button fluff to 're read things.

west country boy 04-04-2021 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15728893)
I'm too busy picking belly button fluff to 're read things.

Or even read them properly in the first place, it seems.

west country boy 04-04-2021 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 15728660)
The dog was still sitting there, in a pool of drivel, waiting to be told she could have her food.

Maidstoned's posts?

Hedgehog 04-04-2021 05:58 PM

When you squeeze toothpaste onto the toothbrush and do that little cut off maneuver at the end when you have enough paste on the brush, and a few wayward bristle of the brush spring back sending a little spray of paste up which inevitably goes straight in your eye stinging like crazy...

Disclaimer: this might be just me!

Maz 04-04-2021 05:59 PM

Claimer : it probably is !

PALACEWU 04-04-2021 06:06 PM

Old dogs etc

Hedgehog 04-04-2021 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15729872)
Claimer : it probably is !

I thought so...

Martin H 04-04-2021 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15729869)
When you squeeze toothpaste onto the toothbrush and do that little cut off maneuver at the end when you have enough paste on the brush, and a few wayward bristle of the brush spring back sending a little spray of paste up which inevitably goes straight in your eye stinging like crazy...

Disclaimer: this might be just me!

Sorry I can’t quite read that, my eye is stinging :)

Stellavista 04-04-2021 06:26 PM

The inability of young people to acknowledge you when you stop to let them cross the road. Really impolite. Generation or two with no manners.

Hedgehog 04-04-2021 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15729919)
Sorry I can’t quite read that, my eye is stinging :)

So I'm not the only one...

Maidstoned Eagle 04-04-2021 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15729732)
Or even read them properly in the first place, it seems.

You bored, you sound bored?

Stellavista 05-04-2021 10:41 PM

Thandie Newton reverts to original spelling of first name, Thandiwe.

That's news?

Hedgehog 05-04-2021 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15732084)
Thandie Newton reverts to original spelling of first name, Thandiwe.

That's news?

I thought the same... Up there with the main headlines on the BBC website.

Never heard of her, whichever way she spells her name.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 05-04-2021 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15729869)
When you squeeze toothpaste onto the toothbrush and do that little cut off maneuver at the end when you have enough paste on the brush, and a few wayward bristle of the brush spring back sending a little spray of paste up which inevitably goes straight in your eye stinging like crazy...

Disclaimer: this might be just me!

As an addendum to this, may I mention the way that when you reach the end of the tube you have to curl it up to squeeze out every last drop in a desperate attempt to avoid having to go out and buy a new one. The remaining toothpaste tantalisingly pokes out of the tube but every time you let up on the pressure, it recedes back into the tube again. Because it's a two hand job, the toothbrush is free standing on the countertop, and of course once you do finally get it onto the brush, then brush falls over sidewise and you have to scoop the paste up off of whatever surface it has been smeared all over.

Hedgehog 05-04-2021 11:48 PM

Been there, done that!

west country boy 06-04-2021 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15732084)
Thandie Newton reverts to original spelling of first name, Thandiwe.

That's news?

She has “reclaimed” her name, according to those bellends at the Guardian, who were also twatting on the other day about how “Kew Gardens is right to confront its role in the history of British colonialism and racism”. Also x2, her first name is actually Melanie.

Stellavista 06-04-2021 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15732145)
She has “reclaimed” her name, according to those bellends at the Guardian, who were also twatting on the other day about how “Kew Gardens is right to confront its role in the history of British colonialism and racism”. Also x2, her first name is actually Melanie.

As previously mentioned, celebrities and their PRs desperate to remain relevant during the pandemic.

big bad John 06-04-2021 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' (Post 15727091)
Overly courteous drivers... aaaaggghhhhh!

I'm grew up driving in and around London where you don't **** about in these sorts of situations - you do the right thing (mostly), the other driver does too and it just works

Not in Fort Neef it doesn't. Each house seems to have two cars parked and most of those houses have handicapped signs painted outside their gaffs. It never ceases to amaze me why these narrow roads with every parking space taken are not made into one way streets. It's really a no brainer.
Nobody wants to give way and be the one to back up a few hundred yards and lose machismo points. When I'm back each year the amount of stand offs and screaming matches I witness, is up there with the South Bronx. At the end of the day, the annoying niceties of the soft faced, suburban type waving you on, is a lot better than dealing with some coked up young punk who might want to gain brownie points from his gang leader by unloading a .45 into you because you refused to back up a couple of blocks because he has just turned around the corner.

stange555 07-04-2021 02:19 PM

Minimum spend limits for card payments - my local Londis does this - drives me mad.

Maidstoned Eagle 07-04-2021 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stange555 (Post 15733668)
Minimum spend limits for card payments - my local Londis does this - drives me mad.

Its because the shop is charged for card payments, so they need to factor that into the transaction. Just carry cash.

little al 07-04-2021 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stange555 (Post 15733668)
Minimum spend limits for card payments - my local Londis does this - drives me mad.

What is worse, is my local chippy, adds 50p to use a card, regardless what you spend, even though its card payment only. Not even sure if thats legal. He also charges for paper carrier bags, which for fresh food I think is not supposed to happen.

Reps AJ 07-04-2021 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15733675)
Its because the shop is charged for card payments, so they need to factor that into the transaction. Just carry cash.

I've stopped using cash for the last year for some reason

stange555 07-04-2021 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15733675)
Its because the shop is charged for card payments, so they need to factor that into the transaction. Just carry cash.

They aren't allowed to (according to the card provider rules), it's not against the law but they can get their ability to accept certain card types removed. Also, any surcharge for using a card, is illegal.

Maz 07-04-2021 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stange555 (Post 15733688)
They aren't allowed to (according to the card provider rules), it's not against the law but they can get their ability to accept certain card types removed. Also, any surcharge for using a card, is illegal.

Any business can refuse a method of payment if it so wishes.

little al 07-04-2021 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15733700)
Any business can refuse a method of payment if it so wishes.

But if its card only, is it lawful to add 50p, especially if you are spedind £20 or more?

Wolfnipplechips 07-04-2021 03:51 PM

When I had my business we accepted card for anything amount no matter how small.

It’s a service to the customer, builds loyalty and saves having to count up the pennies at the end of the day or pay to deposit them.

It annoys me when there’s a minimum card transaction too.

Blind_Eagle 07-04-2021 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15733680)
What is worse, is my local chippy, adds 50p to use a card, regardless what you spend, even though its card payment only. Not even sure if thats legal. He also charges for paper carrier bags, which for fresh food I think is not supposed to happen.

Charging extra for credit card payments is illegal unless it seems you are paying the government.

Wolfnipplechips 07-04-2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15733734)
But if its card only, is it lawful to add 50p, especially if you are spedind £20 or more?

If they tell you they’re going to do it I can’t see why it would be illegal. More sharp practice I reckon.

Ardent Eagle Forever 07-04-2021 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 15733680)
What is worse, is my local chippy, adds 50p to use a card, regardless what you spend, even though its card payment only. Not even sure if thats legal. He also charges for paper carrier bags, which for fresh food I think is not supposed to happen.

I believe that it is illegal. You could try telling the, but then they would put their price's up.

big bad John 07-04-2021 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 15733740)
Charging extra for credit card payments is illegal unless it seems you are paying the government.

In NYC it is illegal to charge tax on alcohol at the bar. Hence all beers or booze are an even 4-5-6-$7 etc The tax has already been paid by the owners when they purchased the drink. If you eat food with your drink then it is another story; tax will be included . In the neighbourhood saloons this is not a problem, but if you go into Manhattan with its tourist industry it is amazing the amount of bars that try and pull a fast one. It became a pet peeve of mine and I'd always pull the bartender on it. It was the usual company line of " I didn't know that," or " I only work here" The owners when confronted would usually throw you up a drink on the house in the hope you wouldn't inform the other customers that they are being ripped off. It's only 8 cents in the dollar but it all adds up when you have a roaring trade.
Also, what was known as the British menu was illegal too. This was a menu that wait staff brought out especially for British tourists because they had a bad reputation for tipping. In minute writing at the bottom it had the tip already included. They've changed the law slightly now, making it legal to include a tip if you have a party of 4 or more. But for a long time, many people were getting nailed leaving two tips.

Hedgehog 07-04-2021 05:21 PM

So Gas/Petrol stations in the UK don't have one price for cash and another price for using a credit card?

Do here.

Also the girl that cuts my hair uses one of those Square readers that plugs into her phone to use credit cards. She was telling me she gets charged 3% by the credit card company to use it, so I pay her cash these days.

We seem to be regressing in this cashless society.

Dodger 07-04-2021 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15733991)
Also the girl that cuts my hair using one of those Square readers tht plugs into her phone to use credit cards.

Am intrigued to see what sort of haircut that gives you.

Hedgehog 07-04-2021 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodger (Post 15734101)
Am intrigued to see what sort of haircut that gives you.

A very square one...

Hedgehog 07-04-2021 07:54 PM

Sap from the neighbours tree getting all over our patio furniture cushions and being bloody impossible to get off despite trying every suggestion found on Google.

Latest effort was Turpentine which has proceeded to stain the fabric.

CT_Palace 07-04-2021 07:54 PM

https://hairstylecamp.com/wp-content.../2016/06/9.gif

?

Hedgehog 07-04-2021 08:00 PM

Not far off that...

Archiebald Leitch 07-04-2021 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big bad John (Post 15732180)
Not in Fort Neef it doesn't. Each house seems to have two cars parked and most of those houses have handicapped signs painted outside their gaffs. It never ceases to amaze me why these narrow roads with every parking space taken are not made into one way streets. It's really a no brainer.
Nobody wants to give way and be the one to back up a few hundred yards and lose machismo points. When I'm back each year the amount of stand offs and screaming matches I witness, is up there with the South Bronx. At the end of the day, the annoying niceties of the soft faced, suburban type waving you on, is a lot better than dealing with some coked up young punk who might want to gain brownie points from his gang leader by unloading a .45 into you because you refused to back up a couple of blocks because he has just turned around the corner.

You have got the ear of someone at the council!
They have started making the roads one way, brook Rd, Nutfield etc. Drive round and suddenly you are going the wrong way!

big bad John 08-04-2021 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archiebald Leitch (Post 15734150)
You have got the ear of someone at the council!
They have started making the roads one way, brook Rd, Nutfield etc. Drive round and suddenly you are going the wrong way!

Stratford Road is terrible. Absolutely no need for that to be two way. Feel sorry for the ones who live on it and have to listen to the wannabees screaming nasty words at each other before they have a twenty minute stand off. Then one backs down and backs up because he remembers his mum wants him home for his tea. By the way Arch, what are you doing back cruising in the hood?:hi:

Stellavista 08-04-2021 03:37 PM

Dog Weddings? Dog cinema?
It's the small insanities that confirm humanity is f*cked.

Sharkba1t 08-04-2021 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15734892)
Dog Weddings? Dog cinema?
It's the small insanities that confirm humanity is f*cked.

When i hear of these things i always think about what people in poorer countries must think of us. That and "fine dining" - the decadence of the west can be truly embarrassing.

Stellavista 08-04-2021 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkba1t (Post 15735023)
When i hear of these things i always think about what people in poorer countries must think of us. That and "fine dining" - the decadence of the west can be truly embarrassing.

Yes, that's how I feel.

Accidentally listening to one minute of a Van Morrison track. I feel dirty.
If it's Phil Collins, I have to scrub myself with a wire brush.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 09-04-2021 10:20 AM

People who angrily honk their horn back at you after you honk at them for driving like a ******* idiot.

Stellavista 09-04-2021 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15735382)
People who angrily honk their horn back at you after you honk at them for driving like a ******* idiot.

The roads are full of c*nts.

Maidstoned Eagle 09-04-2021 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro (Post 15735382)
People who angrily honk their horn back at you after you honk at them for driving like a ******* idiot.

I love doing that. :D

Maidstoned Eagle 09-04-2021 10:44 AM

People talking about their "fur baby" and how it's "crossed over the rainbow bridge"... You mean your mutt has died and you have the mental faculties of a 5 year old and can't handle death?

PeterH 10-04-2021 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15735411)
People talking about their "fur baby" and how it's "crossed over the rainbow bridge"... You mean your mutt has died and you have the mental faculties of a 5 year old and can't handle death?

They could be talking about their Vag post menopause. Have some sympathy.

Hedgehog 10-04-2021 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15735411)
People talking about their "fur baby" and how it's "crossed over the rainbow bridge"... You mean your mutt has died and you have the mental faculties of a 5 year old and can't handle death?

You been reading The Queen's Facebook page again?

Maidstoned Eagle 10-04-2021 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15736339)
You been reading The Queen's Facebook page again?

:lux:

Sharkba1t 10-04-2021 08:20 AM

This fking wall to wall coverage of the death of PP.
And the stupid arse licking reporters spouting constant drivel.

BERT'S HEAD 10-04-2021 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkba1t (Post 15736414)
This fking wall to wall coverage of the death of PP.
And the stupid arse licking reporters spouting constant drivel.

As nothing to when the Queen dies.

ExiledStirling 10-04-2021 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 15736417)
As nothing to when the Queen dies.

Long live the Queen

Joe85 10-04-2021 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkba1t (Post 15736414)
This fking wall to wall coverage of the death of PP.
And the stupid arse licking reporters spouting constant drivel.


Check out LinkedIn, it’s social media for sycophants. They’re even making up stories about the bloke in an attempt to see who can fawn the most.

Blind_Eagle 10-04-2021 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 15736418)
Long live the Queen

:D

Hedgehog 11-04-2021 07:48 PM

People who walk about talking to someone on their phone via AirPods or whatever.

Problem I have, is a) are they nut cases talking to themselves, b) I sometimes thing they are talking to me so sometimes smile at them, or c) they really are talking to someone so they totally look at you like you are the weird one!

Joe85 11-04-2021 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15740155)
People who walk about talking to someone on their phone via AirPods or whatever.

Problem I have, is a) are they nut cases talking to themselves, b) I sometimes thing they are talking to me so sometimes smile at them, or c) they really are talking to someone so they totally look at you like you are the weird one!


Guilty.

Sorry.

Hedgehog 11-04-2021 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 15740167)
Guilty.

Sorry.

I'll excuse you, as it's pretty unlikely I'll pass you on the street... :)

Johnsonpen 11-04-2021 08:18 PM

Woke Meeeeeeghan supporters who believe she could not get help even though her husbands godmother was amazingly well qualified to do so


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.