CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Stellavista 29-04-2021 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfies army (Post 15763331)
Peloton adverts, if I hear youíve got this one more time Iíll need a new t.v

'Done and dusted, just like that'.

Stellavista 29-04-2021 12:44 PM

The number of c*nts not wearing masks in shops. Because they're f*cking hard.

Stellavista 29-04-2021 12:45 PM

HS2 and their various orange hi-viz subcontractors taking over Camden. Tossbags.

Stellavista 29-04-2021 12:46 PM

Hard water.

Prince Phillip 29-04-2021 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfies army (Post 15763331)
Peloton adverts, if I hear youíve got this one more time Iíll need a new t.v

"C'Mon Peloton, you're paying for a 25 year old fitness instructor to shout inane rubbish at you in the voice of a 7 year old girl"

Aki Aki Aki 29-04-2021 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfies army (Post 15763331)
Peloton adverts, if I hear youíve got this one more time Iíll need a new t.v

The music used in the advert by SAINt JHN has some interesting lyrics.

WLYWLYAWYPWF 29-04-2021 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15763341)
Hard water.

Giving it f*cking large.

Worksop Palace 29-04-2021 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15763339)
The number of c*nts not wearing masks in shops. Because they're f*cking hard.

How do you know theyíre not medically exempt ?

Maidstoned Eagle 29-04-2021 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15763407)
How do you know theyíre not medically exempt ?

How do you know they are?

PALACEWU 29-04-2021 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfies army (Post 15763331)
Peloton adverts, if I hear youíve got this one more time Iíll need a new t.v

YES

Worksop Palace 29-04-2021 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15763418)
How do you know they are?

I donít

Whatís your point caller ?

Maidstoned Eagle 29-04-2021 02:24 PM

Just had a look at treating myself to a Fed Perry polo shirt.....80€!?!?!? **** me! Stuff that.

Maidstoned Eagle 29-04-2021 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15763434)
I donít

Whatís your point caller ?

Same as yours, receiver.

Worksop Palace 29-04-2021 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15763438)
Same as yours, receiver.

Well no, because my question was directed at the Ďcomplainerí...

Worksop Palace 29-04-2021 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15763437)
Just had a look at treating myself to a Fed Perry polo shirt.....80Ä!?!?!? **** me! Stuff that.

Maybe Fed Perry is better stuff than the shite peddled out by its rival, Fred Perry?

Maidstoned Eagle 29-04-2021 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15763442)
Well no, because my question was directed at the ‘complainer’...

And mine was directed at the complainer complaining about the origin complaint.

Maidstoned Eagle 29-04-2021 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15763443)
Maybe Fed Perry is better stuff than the shite peddled out by its rival, Fred Perry?

Don't tell the feds

A Wooden Fish On Wheels 29-04-2021 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15763341)
Hard water.

Doesn't wear a mask.

Ruskin Old Boy 29-04-2021 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfies army (Post 15763331)
Peloton adverts, if I hear youíve got this one more time Iíll need a new t.v

:p

Worksop Palace 29-04-2021 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15763447)
And mine was directed at the complainer complaining about the origin complaint.

Ah but there was no complaint about the original complaint, just a question. A question doesn’t always equate to a complaint.

You should know this being a teachererer

Reps AJ 29-04-2021 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels (Post 15763450)
Doesn't wear a mask.

That's medically exempt water

CT_Palace 29-04-2021 03:40 PM

People thinking that "medical exemption" is a reasonable excuse for not wearing a mask.

Sharkba1t 29-04-2021 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfies army (Post 15763331)
Peloton adverts, if I hear youíve got this one more time Iíll need a new t.v

"You've smashed it". The TV, that is. :lux:

Hedgehog 29-04-2021 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15763437)
Just had a look at treating myself to a Fed Perry polo shirt.....80Ä!?!?!? **** me! Stuff that.

Are you becoming a Proud Boy?

west country boy 29-04-2021 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15763734)
Are you becoming a Proud Boy?

An Out and Proud Boy.

west country boy 29-04-2021 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15763500)
People thinking that "medical exemption" is a reasonable excuse for not wearing a mask.

^

PeterH 29-04-2021 05:20 PM

I would suggest, to Worksop's ire, that if your medical exemption was serious enough that wearing a mask for a few minutes inside a store would/could cause you serious distress.........then going out shopping might just be something you shouldn't be doing just at this time.

It infringes the freedoms of a small number of people, but does the NHS (and other health systems worldwide) really need people with severe conditions collapsing and needing critical care in the midst of this pandemic.

The likes of Stella on this thread are very clear that he needs to take all sensible precautions (and beyond).

But people will always justify it for the handful of people that have no ody to help, no delivery etc. etc. It's all blah blah.

Maz 29-04-2021 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15763768)
I would suggest, to Worksop's ire, that if your medical exemption was serious enough that wearing a mask for a few minutes inside a store would/could cause you serious distress.........then going out shopping might just be something you shouldn't be doing just at this time.

It infringes the freedoms of a small number of people, but does the NHS (and other health systems worldwide) really need people with severe conditions collapsing and needing critical care in the midst of this pandemic.

The likes of Stella on this thread are very clear that he needs to take all sensible precautions (and beyond).

But people will always justify it for the handful of people that have no ody to help, no delivery etc. etc. It's all blah blah.

You are of course right, but Workslop was hungry, and so I enjoin you again...
https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.7163...50x1000.u2.jpg

Worksop Palace 29-04-2021 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15763768)
I would suggest, to Worksop's ire, that if your medical exemption was serious enough that wearing a mask for a few minutes inside a store would/could cause you serious distress.........then going out shopping might just be something you shouldn't be doing just at this time.

It infringes the freedoms of a small number of people, but does the NHS (and other health systems worldwide) really need people with severe conditions collapsing and needing critical care in the midst of this pandemic.

The likes of Stella on this thread are very clear that he needs to take all sensible precautions (and beyond).

But people will always justify it for the handful of people that have no ody to help, no delivery etc. etc. It's all blah blah.

Ire ?

Some people can't wear masks. Like it or not Pierre.

Of course there's some wankers who refuse to wear them come what may but that's life

CT_Palace 29-04-2021 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15763776)

Some people can't wear masks. Like it or not Pierre

LOL... they don't have ears?

Worksop Palace 29-04-2021 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15763774)
You are of course right, but Workslop was hungry, and so I enjoin you again...
https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.7163...50x1000.u2.jpg

You're a strange little man

For someone who preports to have me on ignore, you do a hell of a lot of indirect replying to my posts

Get back to your Jim'll Fix It repeats

Worksop Palace 29-04-2021 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15763777)
LOL... they don't have ears?

Well you don't see them wearing glasses either

PeterH 29-04-2021 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15763776)
Ire ?

Some people can't wear masks. Like it or not Pierre.

Of course there's some wankers who refuse to wear them come what may but that's life

How many of the people that Stella was referring to fall into the category of those that 'can't wear masks'. I suspect very few.

He seemed to suggest that he saw a fair number of non-compliers.

Masks are a pain. Wearing them when walking about in 30+ degrees is uncomfortable. Wearing them on a beach, for example. You often feel uncomfortable and look around to see if the coast is clear - outside - and take a breather. Extra annoying when you take them off and your glasses fly across the room.

It is general compliance we are talking about - not breaking it down to the nth degree.

As in anything in society, it is just aggravating to see people just doing what they like. You can go and have a word, but it is likely that those that decide they can't be bothered are well up for a row with anyone that questions their actions. Is that going to make your day any better?

And even if you are willing to stand up to them, do you really want to be rolling around on the floor with someone that has such a lackadaisical attitude to personal responsibility in a 16 month long worldwide pandemic.

Worksop Palace 29-04-2021 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15763788)
How many of the people that Stella was referring to fall into the category of those that 'can't wear masks'. I suspect very few.

He seemed to suggest that he saw a fair number of non-compliers.

Masks are a pain. Wearing them when walking about in 30+ degrees is uncomfortable. Wearing them on a beach, for example. You often feel uncomfortable and look around to see if the coast is clear - outside - and take a breather. Extra annoying when you take them off and your glasses fly across the room.

It is general compliance we are talking about - not breaking it down to the nth degree.

As in anything in society, it is just aggravating to see people just doing what they like. You can go and have a word, but it is likely that those that decide they can't be bothered are well up for a row with anyone that questions their actions. Is that going to make your day any better?


And even if you are willing to stand up to them, do you really want to be rolling around on the floor with someone that has such a lackadaisical attitude to personal responsibility in a 16 month long worldwide pandemic.

I don't know the answer to your first question, that's what I asked Stella.

Wearing masks inside is just common decency and everyone should do it (school kids excepted imo) unless they physically can't. You'll always get some wankers, you will with anything.

Wearing masks outside is preposterous

PeterH 29-04-2021 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15763791)
Wearing masks outside is preposterous

Not when you are in Paris protesting lockdowns in a large crowd and dancing around in groups bouncing off each other. Or if there are a thousand of you of all ages having a party in Buenos Aires - with many older couples dancing tango,

Or 25,000 of you sitting next to each other in a football stadium.

Try shouting out that word preposterous next to people outside without covering them in your spit. The mask may cover up some of your rising pinkness.

Worksop Palace 29-04-2021 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15763817)
Not when you are in Paris protesting lockdowns in a large crowd and dancing around in groups bouncing off each other. Or if there are a thousand of you of all ages having a party in Buenos Aires - with many older couples dancing tango,

Or 25,000 of you sitting next to each other in a football stadium.

Try shouting out that word preposterous next to people outside without covering them in your spit. The mask may cover up some of your rising pinkness.

What are blathering on about Ďrising pinknessí ?

What does that actually mean ? What are you trying to suggest ?

You seem a little confused my dear old thing

Maz 29-04-2021 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15763817)
Not when you are in Paris protesting lockdowns in a large crowd and dancing around in groups bouncing off each other. Or if there are a thousand of you of all ages having a party in Buenos Aires - with many older couples dancing tango,

Or 25,000 of you sitting next to each other in a football stadium.

Try shouting out that word preposterous next to people outside without covering them in your spit. The mask may cover up some of your rising pinkness.

Again, spot on.

Worksop Palace 29-04-2021 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15763826)
Again, spot on.

Assume there must be an add break on your Jimíll Fix It reruns

Maidstoned Eagle 29-04-2021 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15763734)
Are you becoming a Proud Boy?

You're the 2nd person to ask me that.

Maidstoned Eagle 29-04-2021 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15763753)
An Out and Proud Boy.

You showed me the way. :love:

Maidstoned Eagle 29-04-2021 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15763457)
Ah but there was no complaint about the original complaint, just a question. A question doesnít always equate to a complaint.

You should know this being a teachererer

As was mine, you'd know this if you weren't thick as mince. :hi:

Worksop Palace 29-04-2021 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15763859)
As was mine, you'd know this if you weren't thick as mince. :hi:

Pah, lime cordial spat :D

Stellavista 29-04-2021 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 15763791)
I don't know the answer to your first question, that's what I asked Stella.

Wearing masks inside is just common decency and everyone should do it (school kids excepted imo) unless they physically can't. You'll always get some wankers, you will with anything.

Wearing masks outside is preposterous

OK. I would suggest you need to have some pretty severe issues if you are exempt from wearing a mask in a shop for a short period of time. Probably the sort of issues that might well prevent you from holding down a physical job with HS2 or a roofing company.
In theory my issues exempt me. But I wouldn't even think of going in without a mask.
It's all redundant anyway, because it's not policed in any way at all by most shops.

Worksop Palace 29-04-2021 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15763913)
OK. I would suggest you need to have some pretty severe issues if you are exempt from wearing a mask in a shop for a short period of time. Probably the sort of issues that might well prevent you from holding down a physical job with HS2 or a roofing company.
In theory my issues exempt me. But I wouldn't even think of going in without a mask.
It's all redundant anyway, because it's not policed in any way at all by most shops.

I only go to the supermarket - Morrisonís and Sainsburyís usually - and they are pretty strict with it. Sainsburyís more so. Iíd say 98% of people I see in the supermarket are adhering. I went on the train up to Leeds last week and it was 100%.

PeterH 29-04-2021 09:05 PM

You need to wear a mask to go into Leeds in normal times.

Worksop Palace 29-04-2021 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15764018)
You need to wear a mask to go into Leeds in normal times.

:supergrin:

Maz 29-04-2021 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15764018)
You need to wear a mask to go into Leeds in normal times.

Leeds > Chile

PeterH 30-04-2021 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15764087)
Leeds > Chile

I like Leeds. I did my last stint of work there before I ran away from the nonce police.

You are so hurtful with your barbs.

I doubt Leeds is better than the part of the coast where i live.

Thatch 30-04-2021 09:51 AM

I've had the original black & yellow "proud boy" one for many years - can't wear it any more though........w8nkers.

Maz 30-04-2021 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15764380)
I like Leeds. I did my last stint of work there before I ran away from the nonce police.

You are so hurtful with your barbs.

I doubt Leeds is better than the part of the coast where i live.

My father was from Leeds so I guess I am saying my father > Chile, which I trust you will excuse.

Maidstoned Eagle 30-04-2021 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatch (Post 15764871)
I've had the original black & yellow "proud boy" one for many years - can't wear it any more though........w8nkers.

What size is it?

PeterH 30-04-2021 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15764892)
My father was from Leeds so I guess I am saying my father > Chile, which I trust you will excuse.

On my next trip back I expect to spend a few days there on part of a grand tour. One of my friends that spend a few years in Chile now lives back there.

I had a few lairy weekends for the cricket at Headingly as well.

During my courtship of Virginia I was toing and froing between London and Santiago. Russell Mellon were kind enough to provide me with a good contract job with very flexible travel arrangements (I mean shockingly generous - three months contract - two weeks off for Santiago - rinse and repeat and a bonus at the end of each three months that paid for the air fare lol).

I finished up with them, and had a final six month trial in Santiago. On the cusp of coming back to London to sell my house I not only had the very lucky news that my mate wanted to buy my house, but also that Russell Mellon wanted to have me work in their Pension place in Leeds for six months. Monday to Friday, return fares to London for the weekend, nice city centre hotel next to the office and an expense account for meals.

Not a bad see off that last six months in Blighty. Even managed to get Virginia over for a couple of weeks for Spain, The UK and Paris.

Happy Dayz.

Hedgehog 30-04-2021 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15763777)
LOL... they don't have ears?

The other day I had glasses, hearing aids and a mask all relying on my ears to function... what would we do without them?

No wonder my ears are beginning to look like Gary Lineker's!

PeterH 30-04-2021 04:57 PM

Speak up...

WLYWLYAWYPWF 30-04-2021 05:01 PM

The fact that the finalist in Tipping point continually gets asked what zone they want to drop in even after they've just taken a feckin trade. It's whatever zone the jackpot counter is in unless they say different now just get on with it.

Oldtown Eagle 30-04-2021 06:24 PM

Being advised by the nurse at the surgery to buy a blood pressure device. Paying out for not the cheapest, its a piece of crap (Neil Young). 6pm its call the ambulance, 6.10 perfectly fine.

Slimbloke'H' 30-04-2021 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle (Post 15765544)
Being advised by the nurse at the surgery to buy a blood pressure device. Paying out for not the cheapest, its a piece of crap (Neil Young). 6pm its call the ambulance, 6.10 perfectly fine.

Wow, I've just had an identical conversation with a nurse at my surgery this afternoon. I get that right now, reducing the number of patients attending clinics wherever possible makes sense where possible, but come on...

Baffled Bob 2 30-04-2021 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle (Post 15765544)
Being advised by the nurse at the surgery to buy a blood pressure device. Paying out for not the cheapest, its a piece of crap (Neil Young). 6pm its call the ambulance, 6.10 perfectly fine.

6.30 Oldtown Eagle worryingly offline.

El Aguila 30-04-2021 10:06 PM

I’m not too happy about actresses being called actors, now. Who decided that?

Oldtown Eagle 30-04-2021 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 (Post 15765562)
6.30 Oldtown Eagle worryingly offline.

Thanks. Still here and no palpitations and quietly confident of making it to May. :p

Oldtown Eagle 30-04-2021 10:23 PM

[QUOTE=El Aguila;15765726]Iím not too happy about actresses being called actors, now. Who decided that?
:supergrin: I have noticed that.

Oldtown Eagle 30-04-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' (Post 15765558)
Wow, I've just had an identical conversation with a nurse at my surgery this afternoon. I get that right now, reducing the number of patients attending clinics wherever possible makes sense where possible, but come on...

My advice, don't put too much trust in them. The old fashioned pump ones are more accurate. Not that I have any medical training. I just take the drugs prescribed.

BERT'S HEAD 30-04-2021 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 15765726)
Iím not too happy about actresses being called actors, now. Who decided that?

Not sure but you can bet they won't do away with the Best Actress Oscar award any time soon.

CP-RJW 30-04-2021 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 15765726)
I’m not too happy about actresses being called actors, now. Who decided that?

If policewomen are just police officers etc etc...

I agree with the above post about the best actress award though, that’s a whole fan of worms to dig into.

El Aguila 30-04-2021 10:41 PM

I get it, they’re people who act. I just really don’t see what we’ve gained, but I’m sure I’ll get used to it.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 01-05-2021 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15764923)
What size is it?

I've met Thatch. won't fit you tubby.:supergrin:

Maidstoned Eagle 01-05-2021 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 15765810)
I've met Thatch. won't fit you tubby.:supergrin:

It's not for my tubby, it's for me.

Nostrils 01-05-2021 08:01 AM

On the subject of gender based grammar, it irritated me in French and Spanish lessons that we had to double up on certain words. I didn't really bother with those lessons, something that has annoyed me in later life, as I'm quite embarrassed that I still only speak one language.

Maybe I should marry an Italian woman, I like the sound of that language. Maybe one of those fiery ones who makes delicious food, she can throw pots and pans at me, then make lurve and feed each other homemade puttanesca. I need to start working on a plan of action (first up - stop being such a bellend all the time).

pallet 01-05-2021 08:43 AM

We have a really good bakery where we live but to jave any choice before they sell out you have to get there by 9am at the latest a qunue for ages.
On top of this I have to remeber to take a bag and facemask. What happened to.popping to the shops for a loaf of bread??

Maidstoned Eagle 01-05-2021 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 15765882)
On the subject of gender based grammar, it irritated me in French and Spanish lessons that we had to double up on certain words. I didn't really bother with those lessons, something that has annoyed me in later life, as I'm quite embarrassed that I still only speak one language.

Maybe I should marry an Italian woman, I like the sound of that language. Maybe one of those fiery ones who makes delicious food, she can throw pots and pans at me, then make lurve and feed each other homemade puttanesca. I need to start working on a plan of action (first up - stop being such a bellend all the time).


chateauferret 01-05-2021 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 15765882)
On the subject of gender based grammar, it irritated me in French and Spanish lessons that we had to double up on certain words. I didn't really bother with those lessons, something that has annoyed me in later life, as I'm quite embarrassed that I still only speak one language.

Maybe I should marry an Italian woman, I like the sound of that language. Maybe one of those fiery ones who makes delicious food, she can throw pots and pans at me, then make lurve and feed each other homemade puttanesca. I need to start working on a plan of action (first up - stop being such a bellend all the time).

German-speakers - some of them at least, I don't know if it's universal but I've seen it in numerous newspapers - these days are doing something really bizarre. In German, the feminine of any agentive noun is made by adding -in and making the noun feminine gender. Now historically if you wanted to talk about all actors and actresses irrespective of gender you could just say Schauspieler and the masculine would import the feminine, and if you meant specifically an actress that would be die Schauspielerin.

Then the politically correct police came along and decided that wouldn't do, so now if you mean a bunch of actors including both genders you have to use the feminine form but - and this is the good bit - you capitalise the suffix. So they write SchauspielerInnen (capital I in the middle of the word).

Computer programmers call this camel case. It's common in computer languages to separate words in a single token without inserting a space which is used to delimit tokens; but I can't think of any other cases in any human language in which camel case can be gramatically correct.

Maidstoned Eagle 01-05-2021 10:38 AM

Google got a hammering this morning.

chrisophiex 01-05-2021 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 15765882)
On the subject of gender based grammar, it irritated me in French and Spanish lessons that we had to double up on certain words. I didn't really bother with those lessons, something that has annoyed me in later life, as I'm quite embarrassed that I still only speak one language.

Maybe I should marry an Italian woman, I like the sound of that language. Maybe one of those fiery ones who makes delicious food, she can throw pots and pans at me, then make lurve and feed each other homemade puttanesca. I need to start working on a plan of action (first up - stop being such a bellend all the time).



:D

I think not only is the Italian language probably the most beautiful language, the natives are beautiful, too.

Levski 01-05-2021 02:36 PM

It's annoying when you make a cup of tea and, seemingly for no reason, it tastes like crap.

CP-RJW 01-05-2021 02:42 PM

john c pal. Seriously, can we ban that fvcking idiot.

Stellavista 01-05-2021 09:57 PM

Streateries.

chateauferret 01-05-2021 10:55 PM

Discovering that your favourite kebab house just round the corner which used to do excellent doner and mixed kebabs is under new management and is now piss poor.

Reps AJ 01-05-2021 11:10 PM

Received an job advert from an in-house recruiter with no salary range on it. Why? Just give me an idea of whether it's worth my time or not.

glenn.f 01-05-2021 11:12 PM

Allowing a member of the oppositions surplus player to umpire against us today....bit us right on the arse with 3 lbws being given, with 2, including mine being dubious to say the least. Lesson hopefully learned but **** me it's annoying. Luckily it got me out of the middle just in time to see City's 2 goals in three minutes to really cheer me up.

PeterH 01-05-2021 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 15765757)
I get it, they’re people who act. I just really don’t see what we’ve gained, but I’m sure I’ll get used to it.

That's been a thing for years and years.

It is the same as you can't call a server a waitress in the USA, and that air hostesses are cabin crew.

The award for best female actor goes to...

I guess some will start to pink up over it.

Another little mindfield for the unsuspecting Brit to fall into when ordering coffee in a diner on Route 66.

I suspect some poor male interviewer will get chastised live on air when trying to compliment someone for being an excellent actress.

It all reminds me of two infamous American cases. The now outlawed (I Imagine) meme of the black newsreader looking identical to the photofit of an alleged rapist. And the newscasters having a light hearted chat about a gorilla (I think) and the dizzy blond remarking he looked a lot like her co.anchor. Next day she was in tears apologising on TV.

PeterH 01-05-2021 11:29 PM

Having two players in my fantasy team rested by Man City today.

Not that it helped us, but shouldn't Man City receive a punishment for resting their whole first team. Aguero played (and scored) FFS.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 02-05-2021 12:37 AM

Who in particular are you trying to whoosh ?

Thatch 02-05-2021 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15764923)
What size is it?

XL but it has shrunk a fair bit......

Maidstoned Eagle 02-05-2021 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatch (Post 15767650)
XL but it has shrunk a fair bit......

Has it? ;)

Thatch 02-05-2021 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15767653)
Has it? ;)

I can think of no other reason why it is now so snug.......honest guv.

big bad John 02-05-2021 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 15765726)
Iím not too happy about actresses being called actors, now. Who decided that?

This might stump the pub Pinocchio who likes to tell anyone who'll listen that he shagged a few actresses in his time.

Hedgehog 02-05-2021 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15758039)
My wife.... Part XXIX.

She is about as spontaneous as that container ship in the Suez Canal!

It is our anniversary next week, and we are allowed to travel within the state so I suggested a hotel not too far away to finally get away for a few days... Cue, full on internet research, phone calls to hotel, re-arranging doctors appointments, weather reports, restaurant menus, and so on...

Is it really worth it?

She's been packing for two days now... we are only going for 2 nights!

wedgetail 02-05-2021 09:20 PM

dropping my phone in the bath.

Hedgehog 02-05-2021 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15768991)
She's been packing for two days now... we are only going for 2 nights!

To be fair, it only took me 30 minutes to pack, but I'm taking way too much stuff as always. I bet I only wear 50% of what I'm taking and it will be all wrinkled when I do wear what I do use.

Hedgehog 02-05-2021 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedgetail (Post 15768997)
dropping my phone in the bath.

This evokes so many questions!

west country boy 02-05-2021 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 15765726)
Iím not too happy about actresses being called actors, now. Who decided that?

Are you OK? You were moaning about the way young people dress on another thread recently.

PeterH 02-05-2021 10:40 PM

This is one I may have mentioned before, but it deserves pride of place for me and CT...
...TV sport here is only interested in the top teams in Europe here. Thus, you can be sure that Palace get a mention on the highlight reel whenever we get beaten by a big side.

Trust me, 8 years of that (just in the current stint) gets very wearing.

What irks even more is there have been multiple occasions where we have pulled off a great result against one of them, and we don't get a mention. I don't think Townsend's goal was shown anywhere.

When I was teaching at the Uni, my Monday's were plagued by wisearse remarks from those that had seen Palace lose badly again in these news snippets.

PeterH 02-05-2021 10:40 PM

.

CT_Palace 02-05-2021 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15769185)
This is one I may have mentioned before, but it deserves pride of place for me and CT...
...TV sport here is only interested in the top teams in Europe here. Thus, you can be sure that Palace get a mention on the highlight reel whenever we get beaten by a big side.

Trust me, 8 years of that (just in the current stint) gets very wearing.

What irks even more is there have been multiple occasions where we have pulled off a great result against one of them, and we don't get a mention. I don't think Townsend's goal was shown anywhere.

When I was teaching at the Uni, my Monday's were plagued by wisearse remarks from those that had seen Palace lose badly again in these news snippets.

Or equally annoying, only been shown live here when we're playing against one of the big teams.... and therefore invariably getting tonked.
(although I have to say we had a very good run at the beginning of the season with our first 9 or 10 games being shown live)
It does of course only confirm the 6 big teams ideas' of grandeur (ESL). And is also annoyingly self serving. ESPN only show big 6 games live in S.America, therefore the audience viewing figures show that everyone in S.Am likes to watch the big 6, therefore the big 6 think they are they only teams that the overseas market want to watch.

PeterH 02-05-2021 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15769193)
Or equally annoying, only been shown live here when we're playing against one of the big teams.... and therefore invariably getting tonked.
(although I have to say we had a very good run at the beginning of the season with our first 9 or 10 games being shown live)
It does of course only confirm the 6 big teams ideas' of grandeur (ESL). And is also annoyingly self serving. ESPN only show big 6 games live in S.America, therefore the audience viewing figures show that everyone in S.Am likes to watch the big 6, therefore the big 6 think they are they only teams that the overseas market want to watch.

I kind of agree. But I think you were turned off from Palace this season.

I have watched many more Palace games on ESPN this season than just the first 10. In the Premier I can only remember one game not making the cut up to end March. More recently, the Spaniards and Italians have encroached on that TV turf, changing their game times on the weekend to get a slice of the pie.

For a variety of reasons I have missed the last three. Class at the start of the Chelsea game, and it was done and dusted as my class finished at 15 minutes in. I caught the second half. Leicester and Man City I have been in Santiago finally getting my property sold - we signed the papers in January.

We can all see that this season's finale is a carbon copy of last term. I feel guilty missing the chance to watch when I have it on a plate, but in pandemic times having a weekend ruined by that crap is not worth it. Things are depressing enough.

Bizarro 02-05-2021 11:17 PM

The cat shitting on the floor despite having 2 litter trays, cos he's scared to go in the garden because of foxes.

PeterH 02-05-2021 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizarro (Post 15769223)
The cat shitting on the floor despite having 2 litter trays, cos he's scared to go in the garden because of foxes.

Good one. :wallbash:

chatham_eagle 03-05-2021 09:23 AM

I'm all for sharing, but people using my poncy beer glasses causes me great distress, especially when I've intentionally hidden them at the back of the cupboard. Just use one of the hundreds of pint glasses you'd have had to move out the way to get to them.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 03-05-2021 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chatham_eagle (Post 15769488)
I'm all for sharing, but people using my poncy beer glasses causes me great distress, especially when I've intentionally hidden them at the back of the cupboard. Just use one of the hundreds of pint glasses you'd have had to move out the way to get to them.

So I am not the only one. My youngest does this, think he wants a reaction. Git

Isle of Wight 03-05-2021 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chatham_eagle (Post 15769488)
I'm all for sharing, but people using my poncy beer glasses causes me great distress, especially when I've intentionally hidden them at the back of the cupboard. Just use one of the hundreds of pint glasses you'd have had to move out the way to get to them.

What is a poncy beer glass? Itís either a straight or a jug isnít it? We demand a pic to see itís poncyness


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.