CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Strathclyde Eagle 11-12-2006 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by elliott
Yaay!

PoohEAD BVrady and his loser finrends lost!!!! JT is a machine!

And my team did really really well!!!!

AND i got drungk

I would never have guessed. :D

elliott 17-12-2006 07:27 PM

Miami v Bills is absolutely dire.

Horrible weather.

Strathclyde Eagle 17-12-2006 07:41 PM

Sounds like Buffalo.

Jason Taylor with another thread and forced fumble.

Strathclyde Eagle 17-12-2006 10:31 PM

Bad news, good news.

Bad news: Shutout in Buffalo, heading for last place in the AFC East.
Silver lining: 4th place team's schedule next year. Hello Oakland and Houston (think we get Cleveland along with the rest of the AFC North).

joyce the voice 17-12-2006 10:40 PM

normal service is resumed

Strathclyde Eagle 17-12-2006 11:24 PM

Was just reading through some of the Dolphins-Bills coverage, wondering why we were going for some marginal 4th down opportunities in the first quarter, then see that we had a 64 yard punt that went through the end zone in the second quarter. :eek: Guess it was windy in upstate New York today.

jlmatthews 18-12-2006 05:11 AM

Bears clinch homefield through playoffs. Shame they'll lose on the second round again :(

elliott 18-12-2006 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Was just reading through some of the Dolphins-Bills coverage, wondering why we were going for some marginal 4th down opportunities in the first quarter, then see that we had a 64 yard punt that went through the end zone in the second quarter. :eek: Guess it was windy in upstate New York today.

The weather was dire. In the first half the commentators were saying that they wouldn't have let any kicker try and kick those 4th downs. Horrible swirling winds and driving rain.

Still doesn't stop them being shit though.


Did anyone hear the SNF last night? They went through the KC D players and one of them was home schooled: "Player X, Home Schooled - Thanks Pa! " was what he said.

nookiebear 18-12-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Bad news, good news.

Bad news: Shutout in Buffalo, heading for last place in the AFC East.
Silver lining: 4th place team's schedule next year. Hello Oakland and Houston (think we get Cleveland along with the rest of the AFC North).

I didn't realise where teams finished this season had an impact on their fixtures next season, is that correct?

If so, go those 5-9 Skins :D

Ironic result last night for the Skins against the Saints - shite secondary all season, then snuff out pass-crazy Brees when there's no chance of making the play-offs

Chief Brody 18-12-2006 02:20 PM

Well the scarlet n' gold proved they can play in the wet. Shame Eric Heitman broke his leg, get better soon Eric. :(

I am getting a nice warm feeling about SF for next year.

Jay_eagle 18-12-2006 03:27 PM

dalls have now made the play offs as a wild card, and are looking good as we beat the falcons away from home. got the eagles xmas day should be fun.

elliott 18-12-2006 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nookiebear
I didn't realise where teams finished this season had an impact on their fixtures next season, is that correct?

If so, go those 5-9 Skins :D

Ironic result last night for the Skins against the Saints - shite secondary all season, then snuff out pass-crazy Brees when there's no chance of making the play-offs

Yeh.

The shit teams get to play the shit teams.

LLCOOLSTEVE 18-12-2006 05:52 PM

Last season I correctly predicted the Steelers would win the Superbowl, so this year im going for....

the Baltimore Ravens

:)

elliott 18-12-2006 08:07 PM

Ooooooooooooooh.

mexicaneagle 19-12-2006 04:58 AM

Why exactly is Shockey such a big star? Watched him yesterday and he's just a big lumering man who can catch a bit. Nothing special, as far as I can see.

Strathclyde Eagle 19-12-2006 02:23 PM

Big mouth more than big ability. Doesn't compare to the great tight ends, e.g. Gates, Gonzalez, Witton.

Chief Brody 20-12-2006 09:20 AM

........ and the young and upcoming Vernon Davies.

Chief Brody 20-12-2006 10:55 AM

Well pro-bowl teams were announced yesterday.

The scarlet 'n gold have Frank Gore as starting running back for the NFC and Larry Allen too. Not bad considering Allen missed about 5/6 games after getting injured on the 3rd play of his opening game for SF. That said, I think he got there on his reputation, Heitman or Smiley should have gone. That said they had to pick a lineman from us as it has performed pretty darn well this season.

Walt Harris (FA CB from Washington..... errrr how good is there secondary :D ) is a first alternative with Mr. SF Bryant Young second alternative. The Niners are making progress. :)

Oh, if you haven't heard or seen Frank Gore here he is in action. This is after he has had two knee reconstructions (post college) and two shoulder ops (post last season). Please stay fit Frank the Tank!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lygU_rJ3Fu0

Strathclyde Eagle 20-12-2006 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chief Brody
........ and the young and upcoming Vernon Davies.
Very true. He's a beast, combination of size, speed and great hands.

(I watched far too much pre-draft coverage on NASN in the spring. Davis really improved his prospects at the combines/workouts.)

Chief Brody 20-12-2006 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Very true. He's a beast, combination of size, speed and great hands.

(I watched far too much pre-draft coverage on NASN in the spring. Davis really improved his prospects at the combines/workouts.)

Yes, I think he posted one of the top ten times in the 40. Trouble is his hands and speed were thought to be his strength with blocking his weakness. Prior to breaking his leg and missing 6 games or so, it was the other way round. Last two games he has scored TD's though, so hopefully he's heading in the right direction.

You are right about the beast bit though, when he finds his feet he will be too quick for LB's and too strong for CB's and safeties. Mismatches wherever he plays. Excellent!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.