CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

in-exile 19-08-2018 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplex (Post 14392785)
Self service Petrol pump (Pisa Airport) where you pick a pump from a central keypad and then fuel once authorised.. I seemed to have paid for one lucky punters fuel as well as mine

Same happened to us just down from the Dolomites..a friendly local mugged us up! :frown:

OLD BASING EAGLE 20-08-2018 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14392895)
Christmas crackers!

The C word coming around earlier each year. The C word should not even be mentioned before 1st December.

the digger 20-08-2018 01:50 PM

AirBnb guests

strawberry mivi 20-08-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the digger (Post 14393292)
AirBnb guests

We're AirBnB-ing in 'Sussex by the Sea' next week.
I promise not to be annoying.

Joe85 20-08-2018 06:47 PM

Leaving for the Liverpool game in 15mins, stuck on the toilet shitting sharp objects through the eye of a needle.

**** sake

the digger 20-08-2018 09:13 PM

Uninformed football commentators.

Andrew Robertson hasn't been a "revelation". Anyone who watches football knows how good he is and how good a player he'll become.

the digger 20-08-2018 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberry mivi (Post 14393620)
We're AirBnB-ing in 'Sussex by the Sea' next week.
I promise not to be annoying.

Michael?

cranesparkeagle 21-08-2018 01:04 AM

Michael Oliver

Hedgehog 21-08-2018 05:21 AM

Car Insurance.

How can being hit by a flying rock kicked up by the car in front of you be considered a collision which causes you to lose your good driver discount if you get the damage fixed by insurance.

Apparently if the rock had smashed the windscreen it would have been covered and not affected my premium.

Bastards!

JJ 21-08-2018 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 14393655)
Leaving for the Liverpool game in 15mins, stuck on the toilet shitting sharp objects through the eye of a needle.

**** sake

Sake doesn't normally have that effect. HTH.

:hi:

Adlerhorst 21-08-2018 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the digger (Post 14393883)
Uninformed football commentators.

it’s just cliché after cliché, but then it’s always been like that.

Sporting clichés are generally stupid, though the most idiotic is “competiton for places has improved his performance”

Eagle's Nest 21-08-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the digger (Post 14393292)
AirBnb guests

Separate Air BnB cleaning charges

the digger 21-08-2018 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 14395546)
Separate Air BnB cleaning charges

Agreed. And, getting charged a service fee by AirBnb on that.

the digger 21-08-2018 11:24 AM

People having business meetings in the coffee shop and disturbing my pre-work relaxation.

the digger 21-08-2018 11:25 AM

Having to wait half an hour for a manager to gain access to said work.

the digger 21-08-2018 11:26 AM

Getting annoyed more than any other BBSer. Apparently.

the digger 21-08-2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the digger (Post 14395659)
Having to wait half an hour for a manager to gain access to said work.

Make that an hour.

art malice 21-08-2018 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 14395527)
it’s just cliché after cliché, but then it’s always been like that.

Sporting clichés are generally stupid, though the most idiotic is “competiton for places has improved his performance”

Out of interest, you don't think Hennessey's has improved for that reason?

swissroll 21-08-2018 12:29 PM

3 kids on the table nxt to me in a not inexpensive restaurant on ipads volume up no headphones, both parents on their mobiles texting or whatever. Didnt see them say a word to each other before I left 20 minutes later.

Reps AJ 21-08-2018 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swissroll (Post 14395772)
3 kids on the table nxt to me in a not inexpensive restaurant on ipads volume up no headphones, both parents on their mobiles texting or whatever. Didnt see them say a word to each other before I left 20 minutes later.

Are you annoyed because you don't have an iPad too?

swissroll 21-08-2018 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplex (Post 14392785)
Self service Petrol pump (Pisa Airport) where you pick a pump from a central keypad and then fuel once authorised.. I seemed to have paid for one lucky punters fuel as well as mine

He wasnt lucky - its a scam - gotta check your receipt before you leave the pump

Adlerhorst 21-08-2018 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 14395705)
Out of interest, you don't think Hennessey's has improved for that reason?

Obviously not. Hennessey isn’t the world’s greatest keeper but suggesting he has improved because of competition is basically calling him unprofessional and lazy because it is suggesting he simply couldn't be arsed to improve before because he didn’t have to, because no one was going to take his place.

I would imagine it is down to better coaching, better defence etc.

BB Bob 21-08-2018 02:27 PM

I think the added frisson of knowing if you don't perform, someone will take your place in the team is a key driver for players in team sports.

Its not suggesting that they are unprofessional, but a team with competition for players in key positions will normally outperform one without that factor.

Maz 21-08-2018 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 14395919)
Obviously not. Hennessey isn’t the world’s greatest keeper but suggesting he has improved because of competition is basically calling him unprofessional and lazy because it is suggesting he simply couldn't be arsed to improve before because he didn’t have to, because no one was going to take his place.

Yes.

CP-RJW 21-08-2018 03:28 PM

Liverpool ‘fans’ on Twitter from the US, Egypt, Ireland, Timbuktu telling me how Palace got outsung.

cappuccinoeagle 21-08-2018 08:09 PM

The Compare The Market Meerkats need to do one- actually they should have done one awhile ago.

Hedgehog 21-08-2018 09:50 PM

Threads that disappear making me think I'm losing my marbles!

in-exile 21-08-2018 10:03 PM

TV advertising that uses actors pretending to be real people off the street. Fabrication!

Hibernator 22-08-2018 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 14396786)
TV advertising that uses actors pretending to be real people off the street. Fabrication!

You really ought to be talking to Barry Scott...

Woosh.... And the actor is gone :supergrin:

the digger 22-08-2018 06:14 AM

Night terrors. At my age.

Maidstoned Eagle 22-08-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the digger (Post 14397119)
Night terrors. At my age.

Did you send that CV?

art malice 22-08-2018 10:01 AM

The fact that the ‘critical reception’ part of movies on Wikipedia almost always have a quote from Roger Ebert

Cyneagle 22-08-2018 10:34 AM

TV commercials associated with women's 'bits'. To many.

swissroll 22-08-2018 10:42 AM

Early riser taking the hammocks by the pool and ‘reserving’ for his family. Karma achieved when pool manager removes all belongings an hour later and frees up for other guests. Angry man now arguing with pool manager - he shoulda read the pool policy.

Wolfnipplechips 22-08-2018 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swissroll (Post 14397295)
Early riser taking the hammocks by the pool and ‘reserving’ for his family. Karma achieved when pool manager removes all belongings an hour later and frees up for other guests. Angry man now arguing with pool manager - he shoulda read the pool policy.

Excellent news.

Push the ****** in too.

art malice 22-08-2018 10:46 AM

Quote:

Superb. Entitled, selfish wankers.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 22-08-2018 11:13 AM

Quote:

Vos he arguing mit zer Cherman accent.

art malice 22-08-2018 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 14397319)
Vos he arguing mit zer Cherman accent.

I was on holiday recently and the Brits were worse

Hedgehog 22-08-2018 09:44 PM

Talking to people on the phone that must be wearing those head-set things...

I know I'm going a little deaf, but I'm pretty sure it's not all me. I'm forever saying, "say again", "excuse me", "one more time", etc., etc.

Also I tend to just say, "Yes" when I don't hear them properly, which apparently is not always the right answer! :wallbash:

Stellavista 22-08-2018 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 14397359)

The British on holiday are a f*cking disgrace, even in Britain.

justjuice 22-08-2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 14397359)

Yeah - most of the arrogant and selfish people I've encountered at holiday resorts abroad are Brits.

CP-RJW 22-08-2018 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjuice (Post 14398060)
Yeah - most of the arrogant and selfish people I've encountered at holiday resorts abroad are Brits.

For entitlement, and just acting impolite towards staff or fellow guests, the Yanks win imo.

Stellavista 22-08-2018 11:07 PM

Stuart Pearce, God's gift to the English language. I'd pay for his electrocution lessons.

CriticalEagle 22-08-2018 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjuice (Post 14398060)

Oh yea that reminds me...

Other nations being almost completely devoid of even the most basic understanding of the principles of queuing :vader:

simplex 22-08-2018 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swissroll (Post 14395871)
He wasnt lucky - its a scam - gotta check your receipt before you leave the pump

terminal covering all the pumps only gave a ticket notifying an authorisation to start fuelling so no reciept... but i agree .. in the end its a scam

simplex 22-08-2018 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CriticalEagle (Post 14398126)
Oh yea that reminds me...

Other nations being almost completely devoid of even the most basic understanding of the principles of queuing :vader:

I found myself unwittingly at a Holiday park in Cornwall a few years back , went to the bar and rocked up to an empty counter and ordered a pint... only then did i see a nice orderly queue of people at one corner ... is this a normal thing at these places... good idea though..

felt a little embarrassed but still got served

Hedgehog 22-08-2018 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 14398057)

Yeah... like these guys:

https://metro.co.uk/video/italian-co...ntain-1748850/

Stellavista 23-08-2018 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14398201)

Probably Welsh :)

tsunamiman 23-08-2018 10:09 AM

Baby Shark

BVB Bob 23-08-2018 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunamiman (Post 14398395)
Baby Shark

Thanks for that. Stuck in my 'kin head now!

(yes, two kids under 11)

tsunamiman 23-08-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BVB Bob (Post 14398401)
Thanks for that. Stuck in my 'kin head now!

(yes, two kids under 11)

Just sharing the pain

Maidstoned Eagle 23-08-2018 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14398078)
For entitlement, and just acting impolite towards staff or fellow guests, the Yanks win imo.

It made me laugh when I was in Jamaica at how the black Americans kept calling the staff "my brother", all the staff just kept looking at me and rolling their eyes...and then we all went to Juici Beef for patties on the tips.

The honkies just kept playing volleyball all day.

But, for me, I have never seen anyone as rude as the Japanese when I was in China. Horrible people.

elgin eagle 23-08-2018 12:03 PM

Losing the house phone.

ExiledStirling 23-08-2018 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14398527)
Losing the house phone.

Call it from your mobile. I often do this in reverse to locate my mobile.

Nigel_Scarfer 23-08-2018 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 14395919)

The fact that, by his own admission, he'd let himself get 1 1/2 stone over his peak weight calls into question his professionalism and attitude in my opinion. Granted, this was after Euro2016 and during the Pardew debacle, but no professional sportsman should allow themselves to be that out of shape, through sheer pride if nothing else.

elgin eagle 23-08-2018 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14398533)
Call it from your mobile. I often do this in reverse to locate my mobile.

I think its dead due to inaction mate. The one time i need to use the **** and i cant find it.

ExiledStirling 23-08-2018 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14398552)
I think its dead due to inaction mate. The one time i need to use the **** and i cant find it.

Oh.. well your ****ed then Paul :)

(Ebay to buy another one?)

Selhurst Celtic 23-08-2018 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 14398057)

I have recently been in Majorca. It's the first time I've gone anywhere apart from Ireland with the family in over 10 years. I was led to believe that it was the Germans who woke at the crack of dawn to claim sun loungers by the pool. That is not the case. It is Johnny English who does this. On day one I reckon I wandered around for about 10 minutes looking for somewhere to park the family and was met with towel covered loungers but nobody on them. So I selected a decent location, waited a further 10 minutes and then shifted all the gear from a few loungers and set us up. We mucked around by the pool & had lunch by the pool all morning and afternoon. Then at around 1500hrs a northern bloke approaches me and asks if I took their sun loungers. Yes mate, at about 1000hrs and I've been here since. He looked like he was going to protest but I think it dawned on him how selfish he had been, so he picked up his pile of towels and wandered off.
From that day onwards I would sometimes head over to the pool at around 8 and shift all the towels that had been 'reserved' before heading over to breakfast. It created numerous arguments around the place but amused me no end.

elgin eagle 23-08-2018 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 14398598)
I have recently been in Majorca. It's the first time I've gone anywhere apart from Ireland with the family in over 10 years. I was led to believe that it was the Germans who woke at the crack of dawn to claim sun loungers by the pool. That is not the case. It is Johnny English who does this. On day one I reckon I wandered around for about 10 minutes looking for somewhere to park the family and was met with towel covered loungers but nobody on them. So I selected a decent location, waited a further 10 minutes and then shifted all the gear from a few loungers and set us up. We mucked around by the pool & had lunch by the pool all morning and afternoon. Then at around 1500hrs a northern bloke approaches me and asks if I took their sun loungers. Yes mate, at about 1000hrs and I've been here since. He looked like he was going to protest but I think it dawned on him how selfish he had been, so he picked up his pile of towels and wandered off.
From that day onwards I would sometimes head over to the pool at around 8 and shift all the towels that had been 'reserved' before heading over to breakfast. It created numerous arguments around the place but amused me no end.

:D

elgin eagle 23-08-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14398567)
Oh.. well your ****ed then Paul :)

(Ebay to buy another one?)

Might have to be mate. I dunno about you but the only incoming calls we get on the house phone is people trying to sell us shit. She uses it to call her parents but that's the only time it gets used.

Worksop Palace 23-08-2018 01:13 PM

The fat German women about three sunbeds down from me by the pool who’s smoking the most foul smelling killer stick I’ve ever smelt

Horrible ****

ExiledStirling 23-08-2018 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14398612)
Might have to be mate. I dunno about you but the only incoming calls we get on the house phone is people trying to sell us shit. She uses it to call her parents but that's the only time it gets used.

Very few... Came home yesterday to a voicemail message where the person appeared to think the answer phone message was actually me picking up the phone and then was asking a few times, in between hello's, if I could hear her. Just at the point she was identifying herself the phone went dead. I have no idea who it was but I am thankful to her for giving me that buzz of excitement and reassurance when coming home and seeing the flashing light, that someone, somewhere had been thinking of me.

elgin eagle 23-08-2018 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14398634)
Very few... Came home yesterday to a voicemail message where the person appeared to think the answer phone message was actually me picking up the phone and then was asking a few times, in between hello's, if I could hear her. Just at the point she was identifying herself the phone went dead. I have no idea who it was but I am thankful to her for giving me that buzz of excitement and reassurance when coming home and seeing the flashing light, that someone, somewhere had been thinking of me.

Sounds like recording an ambiguous answer phone message complete with 'hellos?' is up there on my things to do list along with moving deck chair towels in the hotel next door next time I go to Cyprus.

elgin eagle 23-08-2018 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14398629)
The fat German women about three sunbeds down from me by the pool who’s smoking the most foul smelling killer stick I’ve ever smelt

Horrible ****

Move her towel next time she gets up mate.

Or just chuck it in the pool.

Maidstoned Eagle 23-08-2018 01:26 PM

Quote:

Holiday in Tenerife many years back with a bunch of lads. Got fed up with no loungers so, we used to pick the ones up that had towels on, moved them and put our own in their place...people came to protest that they'd "saved these loungers", we all pointed out that no, they saved those loungers over there. :)

thefox 23-08-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14398629)

Horrible ****

Ah I've seen shows in Thailand like that. Yes it was a horrible ****.

andyocpfc 23-08-2018 02:17 PM

Quote:

You did what?! [emoji15] You mean you didn’t start a thread announcing you were “GOING ON HOLIDAY” and asking for recommendations?! This is not standard BBS behaviour.

Pub Idol 23-08-2018 02:29 PM

Quote:

Never put down towels unless you intend on being there for the day. But have to say fallen into the trap of putting them out early doors - The only other option is to get one without a parasol which means definite sunburn. Its rubbish but literally everyone does it everywhere you go. Has to be a better solution. Currently its (in most places) 6-8 time frame - Its a total walk of shame. Sunglasses on - Don't look anyone in the eye, head down, no room for error and quick sprint back to the room where your wife and kid are snoring away.

That said - Heard of one place in Cyprus where the rule is 8am start - So 8 am everyone lines up and charges. Anyone that does it before 8am gets a verbal lashing from staff who are monitor pool.

strawberry mivi 23-08-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Idol (Post 14398736)
That said - Heard of one place in Cyprus where the rule is 8am start - So 8 am everyone lines up and charges. Anyone that does it before 8am gets a verbal lashing from staff who are monitor pool.

Rules?
In Cyprus?

Unlikely - its Cyprus my friend.
Cigar Cigar (sp)

Selhurst Celtic 23-08-2018 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 14398718)
You did what?! [emoji15] You mean you didn’t start a thread announcing you were “GOING ON HOLIDAY” and asking for recommendations?! This is not standard BBS behaviour.

Worksop Palace 23-08-2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14398651)
Move her towel next time she gets up mate.

Or just chuck it in the pool.

I gave her the ‘you dirty smelly ‘orrible fecker’ look. Didn’t work so may move on to your idea next.

Just on the towels on sunloungers bit...

We went down this morning about half 10 and there was the usual towels on with no one in sight but we managed to bag 4 so no bother.

Is it then hypocritical to leave out towels on the loungers when going back for some lunch and getting out of the sun for a couple of hours?

Wolfnipplechips 23-08-2018 03:12 PM

Rule of thumb for us is reserve a two or three even though there are six of us, use them for a few hours and then donate back to needy looking old people or hot birds as the day meanders on.

simplex 23-08-2018 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Idol (Post 14398736)
Never put down towels unless you intend on being there for the day. But have to say fallen into the trap of putting them out early doors - The only other option is to get one without a parasol which means definite sunburn. Its rubbish but literally everyone does it everywhere you go. Has to be a better solution. Currently its (in most places) 6-8 time frame - Its a total walk of shame. Sunglasses on - Don't look anyone in the eye, head down, no room for error and quick sprint back to the room where your wife and kid are snoring away.

Renting a villa with a pool means this is never a problem.. get up when you want and do exactly what you want... on holiday to enjoy not get involved in more stress..

Pub Idol 23-08-2018 03:18 PM

smoking is annoying tho - People don't seem to care on holiday.

Worksop Palace 23-08-2018 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplex (Post 14398805)
Renting a villa with a pool means this is never a problem.. get up when you want and do exactly what you want... on holiday to enjoy not get involved in more stress..

Cool. If you’ve got a few extra grand

elgin eagle 23-08-2018 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14398835)
Cool. If you’ve got a few extra grand

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bulgaria-Bu...8AAOSwj~9beayB

nickgusset 23-08-2018 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14398841)

But I want it delivered...

elgin eagle 23-08-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberry mivi (Post 14398757)
Rules?
In Cyprus?

Unlikely - its Cyprus my friend.
Cigar Cigar (sp)

:supergrin:

Clocks in cyprus dont start before midday do they? :)

andyocpfc 23-08-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

You'll probably buy a hundred of them!:p

elgin eagle 23-08-2018 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickgusset (Post 14398850)
But I want it delivered...

Cant be many places in europe where you can get a house for 2 grand.

Even if the first two things you bought were an inpregnable fence and a big swimming pool for the garden. 29 degrees there today.

http://www.guide-bulgaria.com/NE/Tur.../Popovo/Sadina

https://www.bulgarianpropertyexperts...adina-village-

No doubt its full of like minded brits anyway.

elgin eagle 23-08-2018 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 14398859)
You'll probably buy a hundred of them!:p

Im selling it mate ;)

Worksop Palace 23-08-2018 04:27 PM

Quote:

Looks like summat in the depths of Worksop

the digger 23-08-2018 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14397225)
Did you send that CV?

Yup. A couple of back and forths but haven’t heard anything since. I imagine she’s pretty busy and doesn’t have firm answers yet.

elgin eagle 23-08-2018 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14398884)
Looks like summat in the depths of Worksop

Worksop doesnt have depths

KYLIE MINEAGLE 24-08-2018 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14398870)
Cant be many places in europe where you can get a house for 2 grand.

Even if the first two things you bought were an inpregnable fence and a big swimming pool for the garden. 29 degrees there today.

http://www.guide-bulgaria.com/NE/Tur.../Popovo/Sadina

https://www.bulgarianpropertyexperts...adina-village-

No doubt its full of like minded brits anyway.

Is it one of those gulag themed holidays:D:hi:

cranesparkeagle 24-08-2018 12:39 AM

Sky sports's advertising blitz last night. That song will do my head in if it goes on all season

Worksop Palace 24-08-2018 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14398897)
Worksop doesnt have depths

Arrows

elgin eagle 24-08-2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14399382)
Arrows

Who is tending to the lawns while you are in the commonwealth? :)

thefox 24-08-2018 09:19 AM

Going to get your money back for a cancelled gig ticket and being told you have to go to Bangkok an hour away to one of their chosen outlets for a refund. No not the venue just one of their chosen ticket outlets in Bangkok. If they can sell tickets and take your money nationwide they can return your money nationwide.
After abiut 40 minutes of ****wits trying to fob me off I told them I would put it all over the internet and constantly spam their facebook page with it, they decided they could actually open the ******* till and return my money.

The previous gig I did book with them was also cancelled and I did go to Bangkok as they said. After 2 months they still hadnt recredited my account after a further 2 weeks of calling them several times a day they fianally repaid it.

Thaiticketmajor = utter wankers.

Worksop Palace 24-08-2018 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 14399386)
Who is tending to the lawns while you are in the commonwealth? :)

The gardener of course. Who else ?

He lives in so not an issue

Scrumpy 24-08-2018 09:56 AM

The traveling public on public transport. I could write a book on what people do that winds me up.

the digger 24-08-2018 10:05 AM

Medication.

Maidstoned Eagle 24-08-2018 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefox (Post 14399394)
Going to get your money back for a cancelled gig ticket and being told you have to go to Bangkok an hour away to one of their chosen outlets for a refund. No not the venue just one of their chosen ticket outlets in Bangkok. If they can sell tickets and take your money nationwide they can return your money nationwide.
After abiut 40 minutes of ****wits trying to fob me off I told them I would put it all over the internet and constantly spam their facebook page with it, they decided they could actually open the ******* till and return my money.

The previous gig I did book with them was also cancelled and I did go to Bangkok as they said. After 2 months they still hadnt recredited my account after a further 2 weeks of calling them several times a day they fianally repaid it.

Thaiticketmajor = utter wankers.

Why do I get the image of Michael Douglas in Falling Down pop into my head when I read some of your posts?

the digger 24-08-2018 10:33 AM

People who seem genuinely surprised and affronted that they're not allowed to take their dogs to work with them.

Not my work, before you ask, ME.

the digger 24-08-2018 10:34 AM

People talking too much/loudly about inane shit in places I go to relax.

the digger 24-08-2018 10:35 AM

Me.

thefox 24-08-2018 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14399441)
Why do I get the image of Michael Douglas in Falling Down pop into my head when I read some of your posts?

:supergrin:

That happens here.

Stellavista 24-08-2018 05:56 PM

Helen Skelton

Prince Phillip 25-08-2018 08:13 AM

“A whole bunch of” - this, that or the other.
Another moronic conversational tick for the Can I Get Generation to parrot at each other.

monkey 25-08-2018 12:59 PM

People who get out of the drivers seat of a car wearing flip flops!!!:veryangry