CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Timbo 08-06-2020 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15252997)
I didn't, the wife did. The "best friend" also owes us 350euro electricity bill.

Ideal for Judge Judy

Martin H 09-06-2020 12:20 PM

Having trawled the news this morning, I am mostly being annoyed by 'hypocrisy' edit - and political correctness gone mad.

I think the world has gone completely bananas and I would like to hand in my notice please and look for another one.

adrenalin john 09-06-2020 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 15252613)
Among many thing today, the fact my wife constantly leaves cupboards in the kitchen open.

That stacks up, Pallet. What about cutlery draws, open? Do you have to lift forks?

Have you considered divorce, is that unpalatable?

adrenalin john 09-06-2020 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever (Post 15252883)
My old man always said never lend to friends and family.

Quote:

Originally Posted by big bad John (Post 15253255)
One thing you will never get back from anyone is a book. You lend someone a book because you think they'll enjoy it and when you inquire about it a year or so later they apologetically tell you they've lent it to someone else. Seems to happen to a lot of people.

I think it is always better to give to friends.

Lending is a transaction, a business activity. Business is business, friends are friends are friends.

Martin H 09-06-2020 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrenalin john (Post 15253655)

Lending is a transaction, a business activity. Business is business, friends are friends are friends.

I think that is right but sometimes it's easier for the friend to 'borrow' than it is to accept a gift. We did that with a good friend who wouldn't take the cash any other way and 20+ years later we are(n't) still awaiting repayment. We never expected nor wanted it back but they wouldn't have it any other way. TBH I can remember what it was for but can't for the life of me remember how much it was now anyway :)

Maidstoned Eagle 09-06-2020 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrenalin john (Post 15253655)

This friend was given a cheaper rent, free internet and we covered various bills to help her out.

She repayed us by allowing her kids to break stuff and not replace them, make a cursory attempt at cleaning, dried all her washing in the house creating a damp problem, one.of her kids got suspended from.school and then turned the place into a youth club when his mum.was at school, we told her of this when neighbours complained to us...she did nothing, we then had to deal with the fall out when some of these kids broke into the house and stole playstations, money and.jewellery. She then decided to leave, without telling us and yet splashed this all.over faceache. She left the house in a state, left crap everywhere and just avoided speaking to my wife (her "best friend") whenever she tried to call.her.

As you can tell.I.am not a ******* happy bunny.

Hedgehog 09-06-2020 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15253645)
Having trawled the news this morning, I am mostly being annoyed by 'hypocrisy' edit - and political correctness gone mad.

I think the world has gone completely bananas and I would like to hand in my notice please and look for another one.

Funny you posted this... I was laying in bed last night and my mind was spinning with the same thoughts.

I had settled on a deserted island somewhere, but another planet would do...

chrisophiex 09-06-2020 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15253818)
This friend was given a cheaper rent, free internet and we covered various bills to help her out.

She repayed us by allowing her kids to break stuff and not replace them, make a cursory attempt at cleaning, dried all her washing in the house creating a damp problem, one.of her kids got suspended from.school and then turned the place into a youth club when his mum.was at school, we told her of this when neighbours complained to us...she did nothing, we then had to deal with the fall out when some of these kids broke into the house and stole playstations, money and.jewellery. She then decided to leave, without telling us and yet splashed this all.over faceache. She left the house in a state, left crap everywhere and just avoided speaking to my wife (her "best friend") whenever she tried to call.her.

The good news is she’s out though....imagine if she was still taking the piss and decided she had “rights” to stay !

DaveTuttles 09-06-2020 05:45 PM

The hard left using BLM as a vehicle to topple democracy

Isle of Wight 09-06-2020 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveTuttles (Post 15253921)

They might get a few statues but I hardly think they will topple democracy

Maz 09-06-2020 06:01 PM

Quote:

Genius :D How might they go about the toppling?

PeterH 09-06-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 15251247)
Second-Spikers. Such a safe conversational conduit for uninteresting people trying to be interesting and edgy.
Yes it may happen, but people who go on about it remind me of those who rattle on about the favourite in a horse race before the off. Such an easy & comfortable way to be a tin pot Nostradamus and not very insightful at all.

We have one or two of those 'experts' on the BBS virus thread.

They cover both basis by posting scientific research backing the 'there will be/won't be a second wave'.

I stopped getting involve with their bullshit. But supposedly intelligent BBSers can't see through it.

PeterH 09-06-2020 06:17 PM

Quote:

I have a similar story of a place we rented out in Santiago...got so sick of the fall out that we sold it, paid off debt and bought the beach house.

Ours wasn't a family member of a friend but the mistake of renting to a Chilean. We had the warning signals when she needed her btrother to act as guarantee. She turned out to be a prossie...who had sex with clients on the balconies in full view of neighbouring buildings.

We ended up with an unfixable (for us) plumbing problem. Electricity switched off. And a cummulation of unpaid bills and community charges.

We had to forego a couple of months rent as well.

There is an issue of some renters squatting in Santiago - from the moment they get into a place. We wanted out of that possibility. We just told her to go, and luckily she did.

A very stressful 5 or 6 months that cost me about 3 grand, the equivelant of 3 months of my wages. And probably a bit more when you add in what the bank charged me to tide me over. And I am not yet through the bank bit 3 years later. Soon, though.

ChiswickEagle 09-06-2020 06:22 PM

Tranmere Rovers getting relegated.

DaveTuttles 09-06-2020 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15253932)
Genius :D How might they go about the toppling?

Just watch the news today

Maz 09-06-2020 06:25 PM

That’s not an answer, now is it?

adrenalin john 09-06-2020 07:46 PM

Pritti Patel
Peter Bone
IDS
Pritti Patel
Richard Burgon
Pritti Patel

There are plenty of politicians that wind me up, that I dislike intensely, I believe are not fit for office.

But of late there are a few I just can't even listen to, a new phenomena for me but if I see or hear any of the above I just switch off the radio/tv or hit fast forward whatever.

Terrible on my part, but its a relatively newly acquired instinctive revulsion.

Golf Boy 09-06-2020 08:19 PM

Quote:

Which way did you vote at the referendum?

wedgetail 09-06-2020 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrenalin john (Post 15253994)
Pritti Patel
Peter Bone
IDS
Pritti Patel
Richard Burgon
Pritti Patel

There are plenty of politicians that wind me up, that I dislike intensely, I believe are not fit for office.

But of late there are a few I just can't even listen to, a new phenomena for me but if I see or hear any of the above I just switch off the radio/tv or hit fast forward whatever.

Terrible on my part, but its a relatively newly acquired instinctive revulsion.

Just list the present cabinet, scum to a non gendered entity.

Maidstoned Eagle 09-06-2020 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15253944)
I have a similar story of a place we rented out in Santiago...got so sick of the fall out that we sold it, paid off debt and bought the beach house.

Ours wasn't a family member of a friend but the mistake of renting to a Chilean. We had the warning signals when she needed her btrother to act as guarantee. She turned out to be a prossie...who had sex with clients on the balconies in full view of neighbouring buildings.

We ended up with an unfixable (for us) plumbing problem. Electricity switched off. And a cummulation of unpaid bills and community charges.

We had to forego a couple of months rent as well.

There is an issue of some renters squatting in Santiago - from the moment they get into a place. We wanted out of that possibility. We just told her to go, and luckily she did.

A very stressful 5 or 6 months that cost me about 3 grand, the equivelant of 3 months of my wages. And probably a bit more when you add in what the bank charged me to tide me over. And I am not yet through the bank bit 3 years later. Soon, though.

All very horrible and you have my sympathies, however this woman wasnt a friend of your wife for almost 25 years...

adrenalin john 09-06-2020 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedgetail (Post 15254013)
Just list the present cabinet, scum to a non gendered entity.

I can't stand any of them and then you have the likes of Rees Hogg and Farage, but as much as I dislike them intensely and may even shout at the radio, I don't turn it off.

The moment I hear Patel, I have to turn the radio off, or I'll hit something

ChiswickEagle 10-06-2020 12:05 AM

Quote:

I just cannot compute people who behave like that. Wrong on every level.

(P.s. - Maz will be after you soon. He doesn’t like people with more than one property....)

PeterH 10-06-2020 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15254075)
All very horrible and you have my sympathies, however this woman wasnt a friend of your wife for almost 25 years...

Agreed,

But I know where you are coming from when rental income is an essential part of monthly incomings in the cultures we live in.

What does your wife say about the whole affair?

I'm guessing she gets annoyed if you get to angry or critical of her 'friend'.

Wives are just as annoying. I had two attempts at financing my wife's cafe. First failure I accepted as her/our lack of experience. Second time, she just gave up when it got tricky. Of course it is a subject likely to put her in a bad mood, best avoided.

Yet, she is quick to have apop at me when a bill is not paid on time. The accusing tone of my money mismanagement. Where did our profits go, the cafe losses don't add up to that much, you must have squandered the rest.

1) Considering all our wealth came from me.

2) All the arning come from me.

3) I reckon close to 15 grand sunk into two failed cafe attempts,

She knows all that, but she can't stop herself finger wagging.

It takes all I have to not tell her to feck right off sometimes, and go straight to a divorce tribunal.

bubbs11 10-06-2020 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15253645)

I’ve spent most of my life looking up at the skies and pleading to get beamed up by a passing UFO. None have bothered so far, bloody speciesist c**ts!

Martin H 10-06-2020 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15253857)
Funny you posted this... I was laying in bed last night and my mind was spinning with the same thoughts.

I had settled on a deserted island somewhere, but another planet would do...

Desert island could work but would probably need an impenetrable minefield around it and a force field dome to keep out parachutists/helicopters etc. Or there would be a bunch of crazy people wanting to get in. Perhaps we could go halves? I’ll bring the OutKast if you could pay for the rest :)

Martin H 10-06-2020 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 15254550)
I’ve spent most of my life looking up at the skies and pleading to get beamed up by a passing UFO. None have bothered so far, bloody speciesist c**ts!

Yeah, right. So Aliens, what’s so special about David Icke huh?

Martin H 10-06-2020 09:45 AM

Without diminishing the underlying issue linked to it, I am finding the ‘taking a knee’ a bit annoying. It might be jealousy because if I was to take the knee it would probably take me half an hour to get back on my feet. It’s the action, not what has triggered it.

So what’s annoying. It started as a protest against the US government/nation by refusing to stand for the US anthem. I.e. it’s the refusal to stand that’s the point. So dropping to one knee for a photo opportunity at a random moment seems to miss the point - the ultimate whoosh. Facebook fodder. Got my photo, tick, then back to normal.
Is that desert island ready yet?

davech 10-06-2020 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 15254550)

Your Sub-Etha Sens-O-Matic not working? Nor mine :(

chateauferret 10-06-2020 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 15254755)
Your Sub-Etha Sens-O-Matic not working? Nor mine :(

Remember you'll need a Brownian motion generator and a Bambleweeny electronic brain* for when they chuck you out the airlock.

* I don't think they do these any more. You might have to try a Molesworth-Peason Mk II.

Grim Reaper 10-06-2020 04:19 PM

Websites that log you out after a few minutes. For crying out loud - just let me log off when I'm ready!!

Hedgehog 10-06-2020 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15254658)
Desert island could work but would probably need an impenetrable minefield around it and a force field dome to keep out parachutists/helicopters etc. Or there would be a bunch of crazy people wanting to get in. Perhaps we could go halves? I’ll bring the OutKast if you could pay for the rest :)

As much as I'm sure you are a fine person Martin, and someone that would be good company, I think I should reiterate the 'deserted' island bit in my post.

Now if you were Olivia Newton John in her prime, I might make an exception.

And I see the irony that if I was on the said island it would no longer be deserted.

west country boy 10-06-2020 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrenalin john (Post 15253994)
Pritti Patel
Peter Bone
IDS
Pritti Patel
Richard Burgon
Pritti Patel

What about Priti Patel?

PeterH 10-06-2020 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15254688)
Without diminishing the underlying issue linked to it, I am finding the ‘taking a knee’ a bit annoying. It might be jealousy because if I was to take the knee it would probably take me half an hour to get back on my feet. It’s the action, not what has triggered it.

So what’s annoying. It started as a protest against the US government/nation by refusing to stand for the US anthem. I.e. it’s the refusal to stand that’s the point. So dropping to one knee for a photo opportunity at a random moment seems to miss the point - the ultimate whoosh. Facebook fodder. Got my photo, tick, then back to normal.

Not at all annoyed by this one. And I do get annoyed with the hashtag, pray for, share meme, mark as safe type campaigns...

They need to keep this one going...

Unlike METOO which I think went too far in certain aspects...

this is an issue that doesn't seem to change, especially in the so called fecked up land of the free. It is 160 years since Lincoln and nearly 60 since Martin Luther King Jnr, Black Rock, and Rosa Parks..yet law officals, judges, the prison system, job opportunities, ghettos, anti-immigration policies (the wall), anti muslim regulations, white cristian evangelist, end of times gun carrying rednecks taking the law in their own hands, and even crazy white people popping out to take on the protestors all still exist.

And the leader in chief of all of that is fairly likely to get reelected again.

This becomes political now. The first order of the day is to change certain police attitudes, the second is to get Trump voted out of office.

jrnicholson 12-06-2020 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15254688)

now endorsed by the Premier League.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ce-coronavirus

:rolleyes:

PeterH 12-06-2020 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrnicholson (Post 15256826)
now endorsed by the Premier League.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ce-coronavirus

:rolleyes:

Now that irks a bit. It is an American Football thing.

But at least there won'tbe anyone in the stands to watch it.

The Soldier will twist something going down. He'll be taking the piss for 5 after taking the knee.

and Zaha will be accused of diving by half the media when he drops down.

DaveTuttles 12-06-2020 08:09 AM

Pathetic

Sharkba1t 12-06-2020 08:42 AM

The Beckhams.
Latest picture of David wearing a flat cap and eating what looks like pie n mash. But for them everything is planned as it is rumoured he is opening a restaurant. Meanwhile his minging Mrs furloughed her staff to save on wages. And I don’t know this for sure but I don’t believe they have contributed to charity or helped out during this crisis. If they had, we would certainly have been informed about it.
They are the epitome of greed...an awful example of the me first society.

Martin H 15-06-2020 01:16 AM

The latest slang use of the word gammon(s). Makes me cringe.

While I am at it I would throw in there, pretty much anyone who uses the word in that way too as they tend to be all of a similar mindset. Ironically one that is as troubling as the group they are slagging off.

Wolfnipplechips 15-06-2020 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15259830)

While I am at it I would throw in there, pretty much anyone who uses the word in that way too as they tend to be all of a similar mindset. Ironically one that is as troubling as the group they are slagging off.

Snowflake.

Selhurst Celtic 15-06-2020 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15259830)

I think gammon is a brilliant recent addition to cusses. I also think that those who rail against its use are gammons.

Stellavista 15-06-2020 01:39 AM

I joined Facebook years back to stay in touch with distant family and friends. My timeline is now simply a platform for endless f*cking campaigning. Please piss off.

Hedgehog 15-06-2020 02:10 AM

You had me at Facebook...

I seem to get a lot of videos of people making things out of "stuff", which always seem to be too much trouble... also videos of native sorts in the jungles of Borneo or Thailand (never quite sure where) making swimming pools or temples with swimming pools out of mud. Always impressive, and guaranteed to waste 10 minutes of my time while I watch it to the disappointing end where they end up with no more than a glorified paddling pool.

Martin H 15-06-2020 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 15259831)
Snowflake.

That too.

Martin H 15-06-2020 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 15259837)
I think gammon is a brilliant recent addition to cusses. I also think that those who rail against its use are gammons.

And there you go.....

chateauferret 15-06-2020 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkba1t (Post 15257129)
The Beckhams.
Latest picture of David wearing a flat cap and eating what looks like pie n mash. But for them everything is planned as it is rumoured he is opening a restaurant. Meanwhile his minging Mrs furloughed her staff to save on wages. And I don’t know this for sure but I don’t believe they have contributed to charity or helped out during this crisis. If they had, we would certainly have been informed about it.
They are the epitome of greed...an awful example of the me first society.

People who become celebrities for something they're good at (or for someone they married) and who then think they're automatically entitled to be celebrities for all sorts of other things that they're totally shite at. Just because you've sold a million records of songs that sound like a drugs rave on a building site doesn't mean you have the slightest idea how to write a book or act in a film.

Selhurst Celtic 15-06-2020 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15259914)
And there you go.....

The truth hurts.

Stavros 69 15-06-2020 11:45 AM

People queuing up to get into a Nike shop at 8:30 on a Monday morning.

Wolfnipplechips 15-06-2020 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15259914)
And there you go.....

I agree with Selhurst Celtic.

chrisophiex 15-06-2020 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15260027)

It's crazy isn't it. Everyone should be buying Puma.

Sick Bucket 15-06-2020 12:22 PM

Vueling. I have a lot of patience and sympathy for the budget airlines generally and I often stick up for them, if you've paid £20 (or whatever), to fly 1000 miles I don't think you should expect too much other than a seat, but Vueling really take the piss more than Ryanair. The website is absolute dogshit and customer service is even worse and there's a charge for calling them. I swear they do it on purpose.

Maidstoned Eagle 15-06-2020 12:27 PM

Quote:

Primark is even sadder.

ExiledStirling 15-06-2020 12:28 PM

Quote:

Much further down the road than you expected?

ExiledStirling 15-06-2020 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15260076)
Primark is even sadder.

Even further down the road than you expected?

Maidstoned Eagle 15-06-2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 15260078)
Even further down the road than you expected?

I'm sorry, I don't have a clue what you're talking about?

ExiledStirling 15-06-2020 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15260093)

A cardinal sin to explain a funny.

But seeing as it is you.

Stavros said he was annoyed at people queuing for Nike at 08:30 AM. I responded with a 'funny' asking was he annoyed because he was further down the queue than he wanted to be.

You chipped in with Primark, so I modified my 'funny' to Stavros and applied it to your post.

TheMexicanHorse 15-06-2020 01:06 PM

The inability of the mainstream media to understand the difference between Marcus Rashford “charity work” and his highly funded PR Campaign

ExiledStirling 15-06-2020 01:32 PM

The inability of some to recognise that some footballers, who are not part of the Palace family, drawing from personal experience do try to help others without any ulterior motive.

Maz 15-06-2020 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 15260105)

But seeing as it is you.

Stavros said he was annoyed at people queuing for Nike at 08:30 AM. I responded with a 'funny' asking was he annoyed because he was further down the queue than he wanted to be.

You chipped in with Primark, so I modified my 'funny' to Stavros and applied it to your post.

This is actually Cardinal Sin.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...in_in_1988.jpg

Maidstoned Eagle 15-06-2020 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 15260105)

But seeing as it is you.

Oh...I missed the "funny" bit. Sorry.

Maidstoned Eagle 15-06-2020 01:37 PM

Apparently, objecting to that idiot who pissed on the policemans memorial, being mainly described as a "football fan", makes me a snowflake.....:D

Wolfnipplechips 15-06-2020 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse (Post 15260117)
The inability of the mainstream media to understand the difference between Marcus Rashford “charity work” and his highly funded PR Campaign

What difference does it make?

Why does this annoy you?

Bizarro 15-06-2020 01:45 PM

The bloke i work with who was getting himself worked up about statues and posting crap about it on facebook, hasn't mentioned pissing on memorials but is now posting about mainly black customers queueing outside a Nike store. Peoples true colours are starting to come out.

ExiledStirling 15-06-2020 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15260142)
Oh...I missed the "funny" bit. Sorry.

Probably because it was a 'funny'.

ExiledStirling 15-06-2020 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15260140)

Wearing a watch in that way certainly is.

Maidstoned Eagle 15-06-2020 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 15260161)
Probably because it was a 'funny'.

Ah, so the fact you put "funny" into " ", means it wasn't?

ExiledStirling 15-06-2020 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15260163)
Ah, so the fact you put "funny" into " ", means it wasn't?

Now we have gone full circle.

Wolfnipplechips 15-06-2020 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 15260167)
Now we have gone full circle.

I think somebody pissed in his Paella.

Maidstoned Eagle 15-06-2020 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 15260168)
I think somebody pissed in his Paella.

I dont eat paella, Im not a tourist.

strawberry mivi 15-06-2020 04:51 PM

You don't know what you're missing.
Paella is great.

Stellavista 15-06-2020 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15260143)
Apparently, objecting to that idiot who pissed on the policemans memorial, being mainly described as a "football fan", makes me a snowflake.....:D

To paraphrase (rather on topic) a Billy Mackenzie lyric, a c*nt in any language.

CP-RJW 15-06-2020 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 15260139)
The inability of some to recognise that some footballers, who are not part of the Palace family, drawing from personal experience do try to help others without any ulterior motive.

Imagine the pelters you’d get on here if you said all Wilf’s charity work was just PR :D

Stellavista 15-06-2020 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15260586)

A seafood paella at a restaurant on El Cabanyal beach is one of life's pleasures.

Maidstoned Eagle 15-06-2020 05:42 PM

No, it really isn't. Now a Valencian paella which is meat and doesn't have any of that foul tasting fish stuff in it...thats another matter.

adrenalin john 15-06-2020 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15260657)
No, it really isn't. Now a Valencian paella which is meat and doesn't have any of that foul tasting fish stuff in it...thats another matter.

1) Paella is from Valencia, (due to the fact they grew rice close by)
2) Paella is named for its pan (frying pan in Valenciano)
3) Bomba rice is essential
4) Chicken, rabbit and snails are the required meats (plus saffron and rosemary)

Paella Marisco (seafood) while not original is still damn fine eating when made well

Stellavista 15-06-2020 05:51 PM

Quote:

I didn't say it was Valencian, just what I had there. Don't do red meat.

Martin H 15-06-2020 05:54 PM

Quote:

Paella is always one of those things that I think is going to taste good but never has yet but I have never had a meat only one. I blame the crustaceans. leave them out and pack it with meat and it would probably be fine. Live in hope.

Maidstoned Eagle 15-06-2020 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrenalin john (Post 15260685)
1) Paella is from Valencia, (due to the fact they grew rice close by)
2) Paella is named for its pan (frying pan in Valenciano)
3) Bomba rice is essential
4) Chicken, rabbit and snails are the required meats (plus saffron and rosemary)

Paella Marisco (seafood) while not original is still damn fine eating when made well

All this I know. In fact Valencianos accuse Andalucians of spoiling paella with fish.

Maidstoned Eagle 15-06-2020 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15260687)
I didn't say it was Valencian, just what I had there. Don't do red meat.

You have my deepest sympathies.

Hedgehog 15-06-2020 06:02 PM

The jerk of a freight train (or is that "goods train") driver blasting his horn at 2:00am every morning as he passes through our neighborhood.

I appreciate they are required to honk their horn at every crossing, of which there are maybe 4 or 5 near us, but this guy (or guys) lays on the bloody thing with gusto, and pretty much makes a meal of it.

If the conditions are right it sounds like the train is coming through our back yard.

I'm pretty sure the guy is getting a kick out of waking everyone and their uncle up.

Stellavista 15-06-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15260696)
You have my deepest sympathies.

Protein restricted diet for a long time.

Panther 15-06-2020 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15260695)
All this I know. In fact Valencianos accuse Andalucians of spoiling paella with fish.

If I remember correctly, Manuel from Fawlty Towers complained that chef Terry had put mince in his.

Isle of Wight 15-06-2020 08:25 PM

On line car reviews that all try sound like Quentin Wilson with that “I’m so bloody bored” attitude. If you’re so fed up, let someone who enjoys cars do it! But not screechy woman

chrisophiex 15-06-2020 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 15260880)
On line car reviews that all try sound like Quentin Wilson with that “I’m so bloody bored” attitude. If you’re so fed up, let someone who enjoys cars do it! But not screechy woman

Pardon the pun.

ceeby 15-06-2020 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 15260880)

I think this bloke sounds and acts more like Quentin Wilson than Quentin Wilson, it will annoy you greatly :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1SymzuQyhg

Isle of Wight 15-06-2020 08:39 PM

God the thought of him, the bloke from Parker’s AND Quentin bloody Wilson talking in the pub is the stuff of nightmares !

KYLIE MINEAGLE 15-06-2020 10:21 PM

Quote:

Had a prawn and atlantic salmon pie last week. It was really nice. Just thought people would like to know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15260623)
A seafood paella at a restaurant on El Cabanyal beach is one of life's pleasures.

Stellavista 16-06-2020 01:51 AM

Judgemental middle class wankers nominating people shopping at Primark for 'Darwin Awards'.

PeterH 16-06-2020 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 15260162)
Wearing a watch in that way certainly is.

Allows him to get the fist all the way up there, without risk of losing said watch..

PeterH 16-06-2020 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15260586)

Perfect packed lunch fodder. Cook more tha you need, sorted for a couple of days. Although be careful with seafood.

PeterH 16-06-2020 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15260691)
Paella is always one of those things that I think is going to taste good but never has yet but I have never had a meat only one. I blame the crustaceans. leave them out and pack it with meat and it would probably be fine. Live in hope.

Make it yourself.

PeterH 16-06-2020 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 15261073)
Judgemental middle class wankers nominating people shopping at Primark for 'Darwin Awards'.

No worries...no way they will make the shortlist for the awards this year.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 16-06-2020 03:59 AM

The ease in which threads on the BBS can get side tracked. Donald Trump is now a debate on the loyalty of the House of Windsor.

PeterH 16-06-2020 04:06 AM

Well, certain members of that House were Nazi sympathisers, and I suspect one or two still are.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 16-06-2020 04:09 AM

Unless I am being wooshed, you have just proved my point.

PeterH 16-06-2020 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE (Post 15261090)
Unless I am being wooshed, you have just proved my point.

Maybe...

What if I find their past and present Nazi sympathies an annoyance...?

I find the Meghan and Harry show annoying, or Meghan at least...

Now there is an example of a pair of self promoting arseholes using the crisis for their own publicity...unlike William and Kate who have come across very well.

Images of them looking confused delivering supplies on a stairwell while staying at someone's luxury mansion don't really cut it.

I thought they were going to live in Canada...via a nice little stay in LA it seems.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 16-06-2020 04:26 AM

Start a thread on it then.

congress 16-06-2020 11:14 AM

Receiving an email from work asking for voluntary redundancy and if they do not receive enough volunteers they will be making compulsory redundancies.Then finding out from the select view that have been kept in to work that have they got some volunteers in to do our work whilst we are at home being furloughed! :mad:

fang 16-06-2020 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by congress (Post 15261206)
Receiving an email from work asking for voluntary redundancy and if they do not receive enough volunteers they will be making compulsory redundancies.Then finding out from the select view that have been kept in to work that have they got some volunteers in to do our work whilst we are at home being furloughed! :mad:

If they go down that route, it sounds like constructive dismissal.

congress 16-06-2020 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fang (Post 15261226)
If they go down that route, it sounds like constructive dismissal.

Thanks for that, i will consult citizens advice.I am not in a union as i dont agree with them.

Latvian 16-06-2020 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by congress (Post 15261254)
I am not in a union as i dont agree with them.

That opinion may change soon. Hope there is a good outcome from your work situation :p