CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Isle of Wight 11-12-2020 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15535943)
Do turn ups and glue them with one of your many glue sticks.

:supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

Isle of Wight 11-12-2020 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15535938)
At 65 I'm certainly no dedicated follower of fashion, but it is annoying that when buying new jeans (regular fit for the "older" man) that a 34 inch inside leg seems too long, and a 32 inch inside leg seems too short. I guess the freak of nature I am needs a 33 inch inside leg, which obviously they don't do.

I could get a 34 shortened at a tailor I guess, but previous attempts at doing this never looked right.

Amazing what a difference 2 inches makes (said the actress to the vicar!).

You donít have M&S over there then that cater for the gentlemen of certain age. They know that we shrink from a teenage 34 to a 33

PeterH 11-12-2020 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15536086)
Sorry if you find facts uncomfortable. But abuse doesnít make you any more right than you were before.

Despite your posturing here, I suspect like just about anyone, you would soon turn into a NIMBY of a group turned up close to your residence.

Waffling about live and let live regardless doesn't cut it.

Hedgehog 11-12-2020 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle (Post 15536132)
As a bloke of a similar age, albeit slightly ahead, I reckon at our age it's time to ditch the jeans and go for very smart gentleman whether formal or casual. This savs us from being an old git trying too hard and slipping slowly into beige obscurity.

I'm just going for the full on track suit wearing... might as well as we are not leaving the house except to do the grocery shopping, and everyone else is wearing track suits there (or their pajamas) anyway.

Oldtown Eagle 11-12-2020 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15536241)
I'm just going for the full on track suit wearing... might as well as we are not leaving the house except to do the grocery shopping, and everyone else is wearing track suits there (or their pajamas) anyway.

Track suits are for the gym only. Don't give in or you will be leaving your house in your slippers.

Wayne Andrews is God 11-12-2020 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle (Post 15536247)
Track suits are for the gym only. Don't give in or you will be leaving your house in your slippers.

Nothing wrong with being comfortable.

Joe85 12-12-2020 01:23 PM

Snoop Dog.

And that ******* advert about humming a song to Google.

CP-RJW 12-12-2020 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15536241)
I'm just going for the full on track suit wearing... might as well as we are not leaving the house except to do the grocery shopping, and everyone else is wearing track suits there (or their pajamas) anyway.

Worked for the Mafia.

pallet 12-12-2020 04:37 PM

Spending a hour moving the funiture for the christmas for the wife to decide that it all looked ok how we had it at the start.

PeterH 12-12-2020 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 15537092)
Spending a hour moving the funiture for the christmas for the wife to decide that it all looked ok how we had it at the start.

Oooh I know that one.

glenn.f 12-12-2020 09:27 PM

DIY trials and tribulations where all I had to hang two shelves in what was the the finished kitchen. Plasterboard fittings are always fun but after that royal **** up this afternoon left me with a crumbling me with a hole that was beyond use. Three hours later found myself left with plasterboard patch repair (hiding a batten of wood) and awaiting the filler to dry and ready for a re-paint, before handing the second shelf. What an absolute piss off and you should have seen the missus' face when she woke from her afternoon slumber.

Oldtown Eagle 12-12-2020 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 12062013)
Temporary traffic lights!!!!!! :veryangry

I was late one night and in a hurry. 1st in line I could see traffic stopped at red 200 yards in front of me. It was an age, and my impatience got the better of me. Just before the green light I set off. The car behind the one behind me was a police car. A policewoman at the other end, stopped me and knicked me while at the same time being condescending. Three points. My fault totally, but have hated them ever since, particularly when you are first in line and the arse behind starts hooting while light is red.

Oldtown Eagle 12-12-2020 09:43 PM

While on a roll. It seems every time my wife picks up the remote it all goes wrong. Tonight, love her, she pressed guide, chose the show and it came up schedule viewing. I said don't choose that it's on soon and it will want you to schedule a time to watch. She pressed it.

Hedgehog 12-12-2020 09:50 PM

Signed up for Acorn TV App on Roku, and found it rather annoying that Martin Clunes would appear to be in at least 5 different programmes listed on there. 3 comedies, 1 drama and 1 travel log show.

Is he the only actor left on the UK?

I don't dislike him as such, but he is rather type cast, and a little annoying in the way Jamie Oliver is.

Panther 12-12-2020 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15537264)
Oooh I know that one.

Iím chairman of that club.

Stavros 69 12-12-2020 11:48 PM

Paying a service charge for beers even though you donít have a choice of going to the bar

PeterH 13-12-2020 01:43 PM

Trying to sort out home internet...especially during this pandemic. My service is just a red button now. Office says all is fine..but go to another branch..gamble is do I pay to get a new router and risk the service still not working. Or do I contract another provider? I visited the big and empty Movister office...empty with about 10 staff..and lots of publicity for plans etc..they apparantly only sold chips for phones..

Dive back in tomorrow for more of the same nonesense.

PIE "N" MASH 13-12-2020 07:15 PM

Toasted sandwich that promises the world(after a mighty Palace performance)and delivers an object that has shed it's load:mad:
The only saving was the consumption of toasted spilt cheese:love:

Hedgehog 13-12-2020 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15537379)
Signed up for Acorn TV App on Roku, and found it rather annoying that Martin Clunes would appear to be in at least 5 different programmes listed on there. 3 comedies, 1 drama and 1 travel log show.

Is he the only actor left on the UK?

I don't dislike him as such, but he is rather type cast, and a little annoying in the way Jamie Oliver is.

And another thing... going through what the App has on offer (maybe 500+ programmes) and saving only maybe 8 to my Watchlist, only to discover that at least 5 of them are very old and I've already seen them.

Ended up watching "The Lock" (Called Lock Ness here) last night and couldn't understand a bloody word they were saying... bloody Scottish accents plus the loud background music.

Nice scenery though!

Maidstoned Eagle 14-12-2020 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15539409)
And another thing... going through what the App has on offer (maybe 500+ programmes) and saving only maybe 8 to my Watchlist, only to discover that at least 5 of them are very old and I've already seen them.

Ended up watching "The Lock" (Called Lock Ness here) last night and couldn't understand a bloody word they were saying... bloody Scottish accents plus the loud background music.

Nice scenery though!

Loch.

Maidstoned Eagle 14-12-2020 09:08 AM

The wife has invited a couple, mother and son, she's recently met to Christmas dinner as they've just moved to the area from the UK so didn't really know anyone.
The mother was very pleased "Oh that's lovely, we don't really get that many invites for dinner, we're vegan celiac and my son is also lactose intolerant."

Me "I bet you don't"

Stavros 69 14-12-2020 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15540251)
The wife has invited a couple, mother and son, she's recently met to Christmas dinner as they've just moved to the area from the UK so didn't really know anyone.
The mother was very pleased "Oh that's lovely, we don't really get that many invites for dinner, we're vegan celiac and my son is also lactose intolerant."

Me "I bet you don't"

Enjoy the roast carrots

Maidstoned Eagle 14-12-2020 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15540267)
Enjoy the roast carrots

I actually like roast carrots.

It's all the other faff my wife has visited upon us. Gluten free gravy for a start.

Fatboy 14-12-2020 10:33 AM

Cannot your wife pre-prepare all 'their meal' ahead of Christmas and then dig it out, defrost and stick in the oven with yours?

See if this helps with ideas. https://www.taste.com.au/healthy/gal...mains/E3srC0Cp

Fatboy 14-12-2020 10:34 AM

Are you expected not to eat meat in their presence?

Maz 14-12-2020 11:01 AM

Or simply to pretend to be disgusted by it?

Maidstoned Eagle 14-12-2020 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatboy (Post 15540302)
Are you expected not to eat meat in their presence?

I went and bought a turkey crown so they can **** off.

Maidstoned Eagle 14-12-2020 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatboy (Post 15540301)
Cannot your wife pre-prepare all 'their meal' ahead of Christmas and then dig it out, defrost and stick in the oven with yours?

See if this helps with ideas. https://www.taste.com.au/healthy/gal...mains/E3srC0Cp

Shes all over it but thanks for the link, every bit helps. I have discharge any special needs foods to her.

Her biggest problem is that a lot of the stuff needed isn't available in backwater Andalucian towns.

CT_Palace 14-12-2020 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15537379)
Signed up for Acorn TV App on Roku, and found it rather annoying that Martin Clunes would appear to be in at least 5 different programmes listed on there. 3 comedies, 1 drama and 1 travel log show.

Is he the only actor left on the UK?

I don't dislike him as such, but he is rather type cast, and a little annoying in the way Jamie Oliver is.

Funnily enough I was looking at the Acorn TV app yesterday. I had recommended "The Detectorists" to a friend and then discovered it's only available on Acorn, which is annoying.
Anyway, I trawled through their listings just to see what else they had and quickly came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth the sub.

Pidster 14-12-2020 12:50 PM

Repeatedly explaining to my wife that just because you subscribe to a Youtube channel, it doesn't stop the adverts.

Baffled Bob 2 14-12-2020 06:07 PM

Wife buys strawberry jam without whole strawberries in.

Hedgehog 14-12-2020 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15540246)
Loch.

Ops... correct.

Hedgehog 14-12-2020 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15540430)
Funnily enough I was looking at the Acorn TV app yesterday. I had recommended "The Detectorists" to a friend and then discovered it's only available on Acorn, which is annoying.
Anyway, I trawled through their listings just to see what else they had and quickly came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth the sub.

I plan on cancelling it after a month or two.

I saw The Detectorist on there, but didn't look into it. Is it a comedy?

I guess I need to check it out if you recommended it!

Hedgehog 14-12-2020 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15540251)
The wife has invited a couple, mother and son, she's recently met to Christmas dinner as they've just moved to the area from the UK so didn't really know anyone.
The mother was very pleased "Oh that's lovely, we don't really get that many invites for dinner, we're vegan celiac and my son is also lactose intolerant."

Me "I bet you don't"

I bet she don't drink either!

Sounds like one of them that will be complaining in the summer it's too hot...

(Sorry for the stereotyping!)

bubbs11 14-12-2020 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15541482)
I plan on cancelling it after a month or two.

I saw The Detectorist on there, but didn't look into it. Is it a comedy?

I guess I need to check it out if you recommended it!

Brilliant series. So well acted and understated. Beautiful to look at and subtle humour. British TV at its best.

Hedgehog 14-12-2020 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 15541510)
Brilliant series. So well acted and understated. Beautiful to look at and subtle humour. British TV at its best.

Sounds good. I'll add it to my Watchlist on there.

As an aside, I watched Reggie Perrin with Martin Clunes on Saturday... either I've been away too long, or I've lost my sense of humour (most likely), but I thought it was terrible and cringeworthy.

Which is odd as I always felt the original was one of my favourites of all time - which might be the problem I guess.

west country boy 14-12-2020 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15541473)
Ops... correct.

"Oops".

west country boy 14-12-2020 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15540251)
The wife has invited a couple, mother and son, she's recently met to Christmas dinner as they've just moved to the area from the UK so didn't really know anyone.

The mother was very pleased "Oh that's lovely, we don't really get that many invites for dinner, we're vegan celiac and my son is also lactose intolerant."

Me "I bet you don't"

Your wife is clearly very good-hearted, but this is bonkers. Also, when you say they are "a couple", do you mean like Oedipus and his old dear?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15540380)
Her biggest problem is that a lot of the stuff needed isn't available in backwater Andalucian towns.

Probably a daft question, but why did they move there in the first place?

Hedgehog 14-12-2020 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15541530)
"Oops".

Give me a break... I'm still in my pyjamas.

west country boy 14-12-2020 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15537457)
Paying a service charge for beers even though you donít have a choice of going to the bar

That sounds shit but not as annoying as places which charge service for ordering at the bar.

Walter Wort 14-12-2020 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 15537457)
Paying a service charge for beers even though you donít have a choice of going to the bar

I imagine the staff had no choice but to bring the beers to your table.

Slimbloke'H' 14-12-2020 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15541482)
...I saw The Detectorist on there, but didn't look into it. Is it a comedy?...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 15541510)
Brilliant series. So well acted and understated. Beautiful to look at and subtle humour. British TV at its best.

Listen to bubbs, Bob. He's not wrong. Superb series.

CT_Palace 14-12-2020 06:52 PM

"Computer says no" customer service. VERY MUCH alive and kicking in Chile.

Maz 14-12-2020 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15541554)
"Computer says no" customer service. VERY MUCH alive and kicking in Chile.

I have been learning about odd underwear traditions that are practised in Chile for New Year. Are they true!?

Hedgehog 14-12-2020 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' (Post 15541553)
Listen to bubbs, Bob. He's not wrong. Superb series.

Just watched the trailer... looks good. Put it on my watchlist.

And anything with Diana Rigg can't be too bad.

CT_Palace 14-12-2020 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 15541569)
I have been learning about odd underwear traditions that are practised in Chile for New Year. Are they true!?

Yes. During December, street vendors appear with stalls of yellow panties and boxers

They can also be seen eating 12 grapes on NY Eve and carrying a pocket of lentils...

Selhurst Celtic 14-12-2020 08:09 PM

They do the 12 grapes thing in Spain too - well they did in Fuerteventura anyway. They weren't seedless though and I almost choked.

Maz 14-12-2020 08:13 PM

12 grapes is a relatively modern tradition.

Selhurst Celtic 14-12-2020 08:15 PM

I can only speak of 1989.

big bad John 14-12-2020 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 15541663)
I can only speak of 1989.

For some reason, on one thread you had a lot to say about 1916:hmph:

Maidstoned Eagle 14-12-2020 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15541488)
I bet she don't drink either!

She does, like a fish.

Hedgehog 14-12-2020 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15541764)
She does, like a fish.

Well I guess that could make it interesting!

KYLIE MINEAGLE 14-12-2020 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15541533)
Your wife is clearly very good-hearted, but this is bonkers. Also, when you say they are "a couple", do you mean like Oedipus and his old dear?



Probably a daft question, but why did they move there in the first place?

Have they got a dog called Rex as well ?

Sick Bucket 14-12-2020 10:42 PM

I might have said this before cos it REALLY ******* annoys me... Spanish people don't know how to negotiate a roundabout FACT. Driven all over Spain and it's the same everywhere.

Classic example, get in the inside lane and then take the 3rd exit. DO NOT at any point, under any circumstance, indicate.

ozzieEagle 14-12-2020 10:43 PM

With one Vegan Chef daughter and two Vegetarians. The way to do Xmas for a mixed bunch is with a Mushroom Wellington. One Raw Vegan Cake, The rest as per your tradition xmas... they don't get offended, mine don't anyway. 'talso means we get great tasting sides at Xmas.

You'll find that everyone will crave that Mushroom Wellington. It will be the first thing to go. The meat eaters love it too.

My Chef Daughter put 5 different types of Mushroom in hers.... I'll see if I can find the recipe if requested. The ingredients were bloody expensive tho.... It's one of the best things I've eaten in my life. Goes great the rest of ours Pork Bellies and Tomahawk steak. Personally over Turkey.


Here's where she started....

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Resta..._Victoria.html

Sick Bucket 14-12-2020 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15540251)
The wife has invited a couple, mother and son, she's recently met to Christmas dinner as they've just moved to the area from the UK so didn't really know anyone.
The mother was very pleased "Oh that's lovely, we don't really get that many invites for dinner, we're vegan celiac and my son is also lactose intolerant."

Me "I bet you don't"

:lux::D

Who's doing the cooking? If it was me I'd lay down tools and hand them over to the wife, that'll teach her to be so friendly.

Slimbloke'H' 14-12-2020 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzieEagle (Post 15541801)
You'll find that everyone will crave that Mushroom Wellington. It will be the first thing to go. The meat eaters love it too...

There's a turkey duxelles joke in there somewhere. :)

west country boy 14-12-2020 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15541764)
She does, like a fish.

You should make her some of this: http://www.godecookery.com/engrec/engrec32.html

Golf Boy 14-12-2020 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzieEagle (Post 15541801)
With one Vegan Chef daughter and two Vegetarians. The way to do Xmas for a mixed bunch is with a Mushroom Wellington. One Raw Vegan Cake, The rest as per your tradition xmas... they don't get offended, mine don't anyway. 'talso means we get great tasting sides at Xmas.

You'll find that everyone will crave that Mushroom Wellington. It will be the first thing to go. The meat eaters love it too.

My Chef Daughter put 5 different types of Mushroom in hers.... I'll see if I can find the recipe if requested. The ingredients were bloody expensive tho.... It's one of the best things I've eaten in my life. Goes great the rest of ours Pork Bellies and Tomahawk steak. Personally over Turkey.


Here's where she started....

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Resta..._Victoria.html

Who came up with that name?

ozzieEagle 14-12-2020 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf Boy (Post 15541824)
Who came up with that name?

Greedy Smith was a source of inspiration I'd say :)

pallet 15-12-2020 12:55 AM

People at work who wash up their lunch bowls and leave the dirty water in the washing up bowl, like some else will want to.use thier dirty cold water.

Maidstoned Eagle 15-12-2020 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 15541812)
:lux::D

Who's doing the cooking? If it was me I'd lay down tools and hand them over to the wife, that'll teach her to be so friendly.

I'm doing all the normal stuff, wife has been given special needs menu and our guests have now been told to prepare their own main course.

Les Butler 15-12-2020 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzieEagle (Post 15541801)
With one Vegan Chef daughter and two Vegetarians. The way to do Xmas for a mixed bunch is with a Mushroom Wellington. One Raw Vegan Cake, The rest as per your tradition xmas... they don't get offended, mine don't anyway. 'talso means we get great tasting sides at Xmas.

You'll find that everyone will crave that Mushroom Wellington. It will be the first thing to go. The meat eaters love it too.

My Chef Daughter put 5 different types of Mushroom in hers.... I'll see if I can find the recipe if requested. The ingredients were bloody expensive tho.... It's one of the best things I've eaten in my life. Goes great the rest of ours Pork Bellies and Tomahawk steak. Personally over Turkey.


Here's where she started....

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Resta..._Victoria.html

Mushroom wellington looks fantastic,that's on the menu this year .

Maidstoned Eagle 15-12-2020 08:20 AM

It all.looks like stuffing, but given how much I love mushrooms I'd love The recipe.

Eagle's Nest 15-12-2020 08:24 AM

We had my vegetarian grandmother in law round for Christmas one year, so I made some nut roast concoction. I have never in my life seen someone eat so much turkey.

Anyway, she's in a home now with Alzheimer's, which sort of feels like karma.

ozzieEagle 15-12-2020 09:07 AM

I've got the base for the receipe, I'll get the tweaks later, but you use Dehyrdrated Shiitake mushrooms and soak them in vegan beef stock as one of the tweaks, also use Porcini, swiss browns and other wild mushrooms. Increase the volume of ingredients as per the number of serves you want.

https://messyveggies.com/melbourne/w...-wellington-3/

This thing is a winner.

N Herts Eagle 15-12-2020 09:23 AM

You have walnuts if you do a starter look up a recipe for Stilton and Walnut pate. Some recipes add port and some add pear.
Whatever its a great pate

Selhurst Celtic 15-12-2020 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 15542055)
We had my vegetarian grandmother in law round for Christmas one year, so I made some nut roast concoction. I have never in my life seen someone eat so much turkey.

Anyway, she's in a home now with Alzheimer's, which sort of feels like karma.

I really laughed at this post, but I'm not sure that I should.

Blind_Eagle 15-12-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle (Post 15542084)
You have walnuts if you do a starter look up a recipe for Stilton and Walnut pate. Some recipes add port and some add pear.
Whatever its a great pate

Do vegans eat Stilton?

Maidstoned Eagle 15-12-2020 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzieEagle (Post 15542072)
I've got the base for the receipe, I'll get the tweaks later, but you use Dehyrdrated Shiitake mushrooms and soak them in vegan beef stock as one of the tweaks, also use Porcini, swiss browns and other wild mushrooms. Increase the volume of ingredients as per the number of serves you want.

https://messyveggies.com/melbourne/w...-wellington-3/

This thing is a winner.

If you soak it in beef stock it's not vegetarian.

Blind_Eagle 15-12-2020 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15542202)
If you soak it in beef stock it's not vegetarian.

He specified vegan beef stock, TBF.

Maidstoned Eagle 15-12-2020 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 15542205)
He specified vegan beef stock.

You dont see the contradiction in that then, Senor Picky?

Blind_Eagle 15-12-2020 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15542206)
You dont see the contradiction in that then, Senor Picky?

No more than vegan sausages etc.

Even Oxo sell vegan beef stock cubes these days.

Maidstoned Eagle 15-12-2020 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 15542209)
No more than vegan sausages etc.

Even Oxo sell vegan beef stock cubes these days.

Then they aint beef stock.

Blind_Eagle 15-12-2020 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15542227)
Then they aint beef stock.

No, they're vegan beef stock.

Maidstoned Eagle 15-12-2020 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 15542248)
No, they're vegan beef stock.

Cant be vegan if they're beef.

in-exile 15-12-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15542256)
Cant be vegan if they're beef.

But the bull was a Vegan..second hand grass?

west country boy 15-12-2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15542256)
Cant be vegan if they're beef.

Guinea pigs are neither from Guinea nor are they pigs - do you refuse to believe in their existence as well?

Selhurst Celtic 15-12-2020 01:13 PM

Dr Fox is neither a Doctor nor is he a fox. Does he exist?

Chris K 15-12-2020 01:22 PM

My mate lost his dad to Covid last week and when it's been mentioned to people a few the first response has been along the "oh, well he was old" or "did he have any underlying conditions" rather than any sympathy towards my mate or his dad.

How as a society have we become so ****ed up that this is now a reasonable response to give to something that is an extremely painful experience?

Stonewall 15-12-2020 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 15541951)
People at work who wash up their lunch bowls and leave the dirty water in the washing up bowl, like some else will want to.use thier dirty cold water.

At least they wash up! Where I work, plates and bowls,cutlery etc are just left in the sink for someone else to do.
I wash my stuff and take it away from the kitchen to dry off elsewhere.

LN1 15-12-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stonewall (Post 15542316)
At least they wash up! Where I work, plates and bowls,cutlery etc are just left in the sink for someone else to do.
I wash my stuff and take it away from the kitchen to dry off elsewhere.

We have a dishwasher next to the sink at work and it's surprising how many people mistake the rancid water washing up bowl for an automatic dishwasher.

Polak 15-12-2020 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 15541800)
I might have said this before cos it REALLY ******* annoys me... Spanish people don't know how to negotiate a roundabout FACT. Driven all over Spain and it's the same everywhere.

Classic example, get in the inside lane and then take the 3rd exit. DO NOT at any point, under any circumstance, indicate.

How about the French? They're no better. "oh, it's a roundabout, I'll just drive straight onto it without looking." Especially true for mini-roundabouts. Clueless.

CT_Palace 15-12-2020 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polak (Post 15542378)
How about the French? They're no better. "oh, it's a roundabout, I'll just drive straight onto it without looking." Especially true for mini-roundabouts. Clueless.

That maybe (I'm not 100% sure for France) because of the rather dangerously stupid give way to the right law. Certainly valid for Belgium where roundabouts are an accident waiting to happen - thankfully there's not many of them. Roundabouts I mean.

Polak 15-12-2020 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15542384)
That maybe (I'm not 100% sure for France) because of the rather dangerously stupid give way to the right law. Certainly valid for Belgium where roundabouts are an accident waiting to happen - thankfully there's not many of them. Roundabouts I mean.

It's not in France - I think it used to be years ago. That's barking, as you say.

Maidstoned Eagle 15-12-2020 02:32 PM

Spanish roundabouts are a nightmare, they have absolutely no rhyme or reason to the rules.https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pr...YkR_JiL_5cZfZg

Maidstoned Eagle 15-12-2020 02:33 PM

Also factor in that until relatively recently, people ON the roundabout had to give way to vehicles approaching it.

Maidstoned Eagle 15-12-2020 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15542265)
Guinea pigs are neither from Guinea nor are they pigs - do you refuse to believe in their existence as well?

Now you're being silly. Go away.

west country boy 15-12-2020 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15542395)
Now you're being silly. Go away.

Horseradish is neither horse nor radish. Should that be banned?

Reps AJ 15-12-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15542410)
Horseradish is neither horse nor radish. Should that be banned?

Stop teasing the foreigns who don't understand our beautiful language

N Herts Eagle 15-12-2020 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 15542182)
Do vegans eat Stilton?

No but do eat Vegan Stilton..... Tescos sell it

Maidstoned Eagle 15-12-2020 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 15542410)
Horseradish is neither horse nor radish. Should that be banned?

It's part of the radish family. Beef, the meat, isnt part of the vegan range of foods as far as I know. Now if you wanted to buy a guinea pig expecting it to contain either then you may have a case against false advertising...but not as much as if you wanted to buy a vegan product containing beef. If its vegan, how can it be beef?

Little Fozzie 15-12-2020 03:05 PM

People who watch Only Connect the night before and pretend to be clever on the BBS... :moo:

N Herts Eagle 15-12-2020 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15542432)
It's part of the radish family. Beef, the meat, isnt part of the vegan range of foods as far as I know. Now if you wanted to buy a guinea pig expecting it to contain either then you may have a case against false advertising...but not as much as if you wanted to buy a vegan product containing beef. If its vegan, how can it be beef?

Follow the logic Vegan Beef is ok cos it contains Vegan but not Cow...:supergrin:

west country boy 15-12-2020 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Fozzie (Post 15542437)
People who watch Only Connect the night before and pretend to be clever on the BBS... :moo:

Shhh!

Blind_Eagle 15-12-2020 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15542432)
It's part of the radish family.

SeŮor Picky wishes to point out that horseradish is part of the Brassicaceae family.

west country boy 15-12-2020 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 15542458)
SeŮor Picky wishes to point out that horseradish is part of the Brassicaceae family.

Next thing you know he'll be claiming that Jerusalem artichokes are thistles from Israel's capital*.

*this is a trap for SC

CT_Palace 15-12-2020 03:49 PM

Is it worth mentioning that turkeys don't come from Turkey?

west country boy 15-12-2020 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15542488)
Is it worth mentioning that turkeys don't come from Turkey?

Apparently they do: https://www.nationmaster.com/nmx/ran...eat-production

strawberry mivi 15-12-2020 04:11 PM

Vegans


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.