CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

ardeo 23-10-2009 02:06 PM

I'm not sure they would sell out 4 games. Two probably, but 4 is a lot, unless they reduce ticket prices by a fair amount.

Swanny32 23-10-2009 02:19 PM

1 is enough, keep it special.

pauldrulez 23-10-2009 02:21 PM

I think they could capitalise by having a 2nd next year though.

Put it at Millenium, i'd still consider travelling there for it, whereas Murrayfield is too far for a lot of the London/Southern fans.

Wembley is the biggest stadium so it should never have the game taken off them.

I'd say an AFC Home game and an NFC Home Game next year.

Give me 2 minutes and i'll check the schedule and choose my 2 games :)

pauldrulez 23-10-2009 02:29 PM

Removing teams who have played in London and teams that wont give up a home game.

Possible (half decent AFC Home games)
Vikings @ Jets (Will Jets consider one game out? Especially Favrebowl2)
Packers @ Jets
Cowboys @ Texans
Eagles @ Jags/Titans
Cardinals@Chiefs

Possible NFC Home Games
Ravens@Panthers
Jets@Lions
Broncos@49ers
Colts@Eagles

I'd go for:
Vikings @ Jets @ Wembley
Colts @ Eagles @ Millennium/Twickers/Murrayfield

I'd go to both if one was Week 4 and one was Week 10, for example.

ardeo 23-10-2009 02:35 PM

Would travel wherever to see the Eagles, and boo them so they feel at home.

pauldrulez 23-10-2009 02:36 PM

That was my reasoning on them possibly giving away a home game. Plus they spread to the international audience which is always a help for a team.

Swanny32 23-10-2009 02:42 PM

If the eagles were coming to town I would probably just do that game rather than both. 65 a ticket is pushing it

jazman 23-10-2009 03:17 PM

Any teams that come over I would see to be fair. If becomes more frequent I may not have to travel to the US to see a game like I was planning ...

nookiebear 23-10-2009 03:24 PM

Redskins would only if it's an away game

Zorn confirmed head coach for the season and 'hopefully the future'.

jazman 23-10-2009 03:30 PM

Same for the Cowboys I would think

Swanny32 23-10-2009 03:42 PM

Zorn confirmed for the season! Sweet! Back to winning ways for us on Monday night!

nookiebear 23-10-2009 04:22 PM

I am pleased, to be honest.

I say bring on the suck

When the Skins keep going 8&8 or 9&7 the Front Office and fans and me included keep saying, "we're a player away from the play-offs and victory"

We're clearly not. The owner is a tool. The GM an even bigger tool. The offense sucks. We're a joke franchise right now.

It's going to take a total disaster to move on from this.

A storming 2&14 season might make our idiot owner wake up and get a real coach and GM in. An uncapped year next year will give us an excuse to clear out the deadwood.

Sacking Zorn now will prove to prospective coaches that we are the stupidly disorganised rabble we actually are and might put them off joining next season. Sacking Zorn won't save the season anyway.

So Ben can keep up with his little Fantasy Newsletter digs for all I care. The bullets are bouncing off the rhino hide. :lux:

That's not to say I'm cheering for a losing season. If the Skins somehow find some form, then I'll be beside meself with happiness, but this franchise needs a wake-up call and maybe this is the only way to lance the boil.

jazman 23-10-2009 04:26 PM

Good post fella ... :p

sLlll 23-10-2009 05:27 PM

The Redskins are shit :D

Latvian Eagle 23-10-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Possible NFC Home Games
Ravens@Panthers

That would be an absolute dream for me! :lux:

Vince Hilaire's Afro 23-10-2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
That would be an absolute dream for me! :lux:

What's the deal on these NFL games in London? They seem quite popular - is it just because it's an NFL game, or does it depend on who the teams are? I didn't really know much about the Panthers til I came here.

I'd be very embarrassed if they failed to attract a decent crowd there!

pauldrulez 23-10-2009 07:42 PM

I think it's the game more than the teams.

Last year didn't have 2 well supported teams over here. But people went anyway, I went purely to see LT and Brees.

But, if there was a Jaguars-Seahawks game, I don't think i'd bother if i'm honest. MJD and Hasselbeck just doesn't have the same feel.

jazman 23-10-2009 11:07 PM

I think it's the NFL and the fact that its a competitive game. Last year was a great game especially compared with the year before. But the weather didn't help that. In saying that people saw the eventual SB winners. I'd pay to see any NFL teams over here as I'm a fan of the game not just the Cowboys.

Swanny32 23-10-2009 11:23 PM

I was quite surprised at the amount of Chargers jerseys there were around last year actually.

pauldrulez 23-10-2009 11:25 PM

Agreed.

A game is a game.

I'd just vary the price of my tickets on who is over.

I would never have paid what I paid this year to see many other teams. I just had to be behind the Patriots bench this year and with some other Patriots fans rather than surrounded by people who wont cheer with me.

jazman 23-10-2009 11:34 PM

Fair play fella, and it's your team over here this year so understandable.

Just thought about who I am going with fan wise; 2 Patriot, a Redskin, a Cardinal and a Bear. Quite a mix.

pauldrulez 23-10-2009 11:37 PM

DA BEARS

Strathclyde Eagle 24-10-2009 11:02 AM

I was looking for the supposed rant Bob Irsay had prior to moving the Colts to Inday on Youtube, but found this instead. Found the bitterness amusing in some way.

Strathclyde Eagle 24-10-2009 11:08 AM

Can't help enjoying the Colts-Ravens stuff. At the next realignment put them in the same division and let them battle twice a year. Throw in Cleveland as well for extra spiciness.

Make sure that the Titans and Texans are kept together too.

Swanny32 24-10-2009 11:53 AM

What happens to all the fans though when a franchise relocate?

Strathclyde Eagle 24-10-2009 02:10 PM

In Baltimore's case they waited twelve years for another team to move there. If the demand is there a team will move there or another team will be created there (see Los Angeles, California... or don't).

jazman 24-10-2009 07:35 PM

Very interesting with Roger Goodell and the possibility of a London franchise. It's seems something that they are quite interested in as mentioned the Pats owner ... I think they want to tap into the success of the three games at Wembley so far.

Strathclyde Eagle 24-10-2009 08:00 PM

I think they'd be overlooking the fact most fans have allegiances already. A team in London would be the equivalent of Charlton in the Premiership, with fans only going to see the opposition.

jazman 24-10-2009 08:03 PM

Very true. But the chance of watching NFL every other week or so would appeal to most I think and maybe adopting a London team would be the idea.

pauldrulez 24-10-2009 09:19 PM

Posting from an awesome party at the Sports Cafe,

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.c...tail&pid=39916

Check out the names at the bottom. :lux:

And NFL Cheerleaders are incredibly attractive. I'd say one of the Patriots ones was stunningly beautiful.

Some of the ones here tonight are incredible.

nookiebear 24-10-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Very true. But the chance of watching NFL every other week or so would appeal to most I think and maybe adopting a London team would be the idea.

I certainly would go along and support a London NFL team, but it'd be weird when they played the Redskins :)

I guess they would want to create another division. NFL Europe? Or would Toronto also get a team? And Mexico? NFL is quite big in Germany, isn't it?

As long as they don't call them the Monarchs

Swanny32 24-10-2009 10:16 PM

I don't think it would work and to be honest I don't really agree with it, I wouldn't want some team created in another country to take part in the premiership.

Swanny32 24-10-2009 10:18 PM

Having said that, I would support a London franchise but as soon as they were up against Philly there would be no question over who I would support. Philly are my team and always will be.

pauldrulez 24-10-2009 10:22 PM

They'd be a 2nd team for me and that's it.

No comment on me being on the Patriots website :lux:

jazman 24-10-2009 10:25 PM

I have no idea how they would work it unless there is a franchise up for grabs in the near future .... they seem pretty keen though ... it would turn out to be our NFL mecca I guess .... :D

Swanny32 24-10-2009 10:45 PM

Quote:

They'd be a 2nd team for me and that's it.

No comment on me being on the Patriots website :lux:

Where?

pauldrulez 24-10-2009 10:47 PM

Well, my name anyway :)

Great day out.

Night is going well as well despite my occasional dips on the BBS.

Just met Troy Brown. Legend.

Swanny32 24-10-2009 10:49 PM

I believe Paul can be seen on the following page, right at the back on the left, behind everyone not looking at the camera.

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/...tring=20091025

Swanny32 24-10-2009 10:59 PM

Try the chicken wings at the sports cafe, they're amazing!

sLlll 24-10-2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

Posting from an awesome party at the Sports Cafe,

Check out the names at the bottom. :lux:

And NFL Cheerleaders are incredibly attractive. I'd say one of the Patriots ones was stunningly beautiful.

Some of the ones here tonight are incredible.

Well done for getting on the Patriots website :p

:lux::lux::lux:

sLlll 24-10-2009 11:37 PM

Does anyone know if we get Pat the Pat tomorrow or Elvis?

sLlll 24-10-2009 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sLlll

Pat

pauldrulez 25-10-2009 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
I believe Paul can be seen on the following page, right at the back on the left, behind everyone not looking at the camera.

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/...tring=20091025

Correct, I was checking out the cheerleaders. I'm also in the huddle pic as well :)

pauldrulez 25-10-2009 12:06 AM

Tomorrow is Elvis.

Funny story. Bucs mascot knocked our cake stall over, so we rushed him.

They left, Pat turned up, had no idea and got attacked despite our blocking attempts.

We got destroyed though. They had a version of Moss. I managed 2 receptions and a pass breakup. Though my left leg and neck are killing me as I begin my walk home. Think my wi-fi will go soon though

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 25-10-2009 08:56 AM

Booo I prefer Pat! :hmph:

pauldrulez 25-10-2009 09:23 AM

Gameday. And gay song lyrics alert

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it.

Jamie W 25-10-2009 10:24 AM

Im really looking forward to Today and think the atmosphere will be the best at Wembley so far. I think the crowd will be about 50/50 with 50% being glory hunting Pats fans who have only followed the NFL for around 10 years and everyone else against them for that very reason. COME ON YOU BUCS!!!!

Strathclyde Eagle 25-10-2009 11:30 PM

As neither Ben or Elliott are back from Wembley to say it, Nathan Jones, you've been gone too long. :D

pauldrulez 25-10-2009 11:37 PM

Great day out, never bothered with the tailgate as there was a huge queue.

Ended up sat very close to the 5 Pats cheerleaders I met yesterday as well as the guy who wears the Pat Patriot suit.

The cheerleaders were the ones with the Bucs flags with writing on.

And,

I spent the entire 4th quarter discussing the finer points of the beautiful Blonde Bucs cheerleader who was in front of us with a guy who had travelled over from Boston. She, amazingly was nicer than the blonde Pats cheerleader from yesterday who was stunning close-up.

oz_da II 25-10-2009 11:37 PM

A whole bunch of blow outs today. Funny to see "Da Bears" getting smashed. The Jets doing what the Eagles should have done.

Strathclyde Eagle 26-10-2009 12:07 AM

Well at least the Bears still have their defence.

Oh, hang on a minute.

sLlll 26-10-2009 12:24 AM

Very very very one sided affair. Shame on the Bucs.

Dallas about to win

pauldrulez 26-10-2009 12:33 AM

Dolphins have somehow blown a huge lead against the Saints. But driving now and need a converted TD to win.

Ah, Ted Ginn jr. BUST

Benzhiyi 26-10-2009 12:45 AM

Oh Miami, MIami, Miami.

What have you done?

Strathclyde Eagle 26-10-2009 12:58 AM

I criticised Alabama for it yesterday so must do the same again today. Why 6 straight incompletions at a key point when running is our strength?

elliott 26-10-2009 01:00 AM

Well that was a bit shit.

Miami were horrible at the end. Completely rookie. And Ginn does my head in. I've never seen a receiver who drops so many catches.

However, they were unlucky too. The game-changing touchdown was complete BS, and there were a few dubious penalties towards the end.

I had this down as a L anyway, so I should be happy that we got 30+ odd points against one of the best teams in the league.

Ah well.

Benzhiyi 26-10-2009 01:14 AM

Apparently the TD before half time shouldn't have been possible - if Colston was stopped on the one yard line with five seconds left with no timeouts, no way Saints get another play off. But because it went to replay Saints get another play.

Officials need to look at that.

I hear the Shafter TD should have been a touchback too...

elliott 26-10-2009 01:20 AM

Yeh. The Shafter TD was blatantly a touchback. I'd left the room because it was so bolted on.

However, Miami shot themselves in the foot a little before HT. Yes, the review stopped the clock, but it was due to restart "on the ready", so as soon as everyone was ready to go. This would give NO a dodgy FG, but nothing more. By taking a timeout, Miami gave them the opportunity to plan something more.

Still, I accept that it was dodgy.

pauldrulez 26-10-2009 01:23 AM

The worst play was Ginn. 6 pts down. Henne finds him wide open 20 yards downfield.

He catches it.

Nope, he drops it. With no CB or Safety within 10 yards. Anyone who does that should not be in the starting team.

I only saw the last 10 minutes or so, but when Brees gets stressed, he seems to become a robot.

elliott 26-10-2009 01:30 AM

Ginn, Wilson and the officials getting chewed out in the comments section.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...hins-4634.html

elliott 26-10-2009 02:00 AM

last play of the game sums it up for me.

miami get called for illegal shift on their spike play.

never mind the fact that two of the saints players are still in the offensive backfield at the time!

Strathclyde Eagle 26-10-2009 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott
Ginn, Wilson and the officials getting chewed out in the comments section.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...hins-4634.html

No wonder.
http://a.espncdn.com/media/apphoto/4...f7345d27de.jpg

davematt 26-10-2009 07:58 AM

Crabtree had five receptions today; not a bad start to his niners career.

Eli tonight had a bit of a mare I thought; he made a stupid decision to throw long to Smith late in the game that cost them the game. Giants are showing cracks; thats two defeats in a row to 'stronger' teams, and they go to Philly next week...

Neil 26-10-2009 10:05 AM

Shut out.

SHUT OUT????!!!

$&*@?*

Swanny32 26-10-2009 11:08 AM

I hope the Giants are having a bit of a blip at the moment, with them coming to the Linc next week it's going to be a very tough game for both sides as teams raise their game for divisional matchups. First things first though we have to get through tonight against the Foreskins, I must admit I'm a little concerned that Washington have a new play caller who might actually know what he is doing and therefore make things a little tricky for us, however, I believe Haynesworth is out which should open up some very big holes for Westy and LeSean to exploit.

Great result for the Steelers yesterday as well, they are starting to look like a very good team again now with Troy back leading the D, they seem to feed on his energy when they are on the field and look unbeatable.

Disappointed there is no Gameday today, what the hell is up with that?? It's been replaced by a highlights show of the Wembley game by the looks of it. I'll just get my list out now and add that as another excuse to move to the US one day.

REASONS TO PACK UP AND MOVE TO THE US
Reason 76,811) Sky cancelled NFL Gameday on Monday 26th October 2009 to show highlights of a crap game.

pauldrulez 26-10-2009 11:43 AM

They cancelled it because of the advertising.

Swanny32 26-10-2009 11:53 AM

They had it on last week when they had cancelled Total Access until Friday, and I'm sure I saw it advertised last night at the end of the Cowboys game.

Swanny32 26-10-2009 11:57 AM

Apparently the Cowgirls looked good last night, unfortunately as it took me about 2 hours to get home I just caught the end of it when they were managing the clock with kneels.

pauldrulez 26-10-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

They had it on last week when they had cancelled Total Access until Friday, and I'm sure I saw it advertised last night at the end of the Cowboys game.

It wasn't on last week, i'm sure.

NFLUK are ******* people around again.

It was advertised last night, but only because it hadn't been shown yet.

Watch it on NFL.com, or at least the highlight bits. Much better.

Swanny32 26-10-2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davematt
Crabtree had five receptions today; not a bad start to his niners career.

Happy with his performance yesterday, normally I wouldn't be all that bothered about a player like him but I have him in my fantasy team so was taking note. Hopefully he'll continue to get better and judging by yesterday he could still do a job for the 49ers this season and take them to the playoffs.

Swanny32 26-10-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

It wasn't on last week, i'm sure.

NFLUK are ******* people around again.

It was advertised last night, but only because it hadn't been shown yet.

Watch it on NFL.com, or at least the highlight bits. Much better.

No, you're right actually, it wasn't on last week, my mistake.

Someone construct a letter to NFL Network and tell them to look into coming over to the UK. :) :p

Swanny32 26-10-2009 12:13 PM

The Reggie Bush TD was brilliant, he literally flies for a good 10 yards.

jazman 26-10-2009 04:48 PM

Boy, am I one happy NFL fan right now. A Sunday to remember for me. Enjoyed the NFL London game immensely and then to get home and watch the Cowboys finally step up and produce a performance of note.

Now, I've never crowed about the Cowboys on here, but I was very pleased with the performance last night. Not only did Austin grow in stature, but Romo had a very good game and Crayton pitched in. Would just like Williams to step up now and with the promising Hurd ready to pick up at some stage it's interesting. The running game was there as much as usual but good to see us using something more. And wow, were there some big hits ...

One player that impressed me is Keith Brooking. Looking more and more like a leader, and I know he probably looked more so last night as it was against his former team but he gives the impression of a very decent pick up in the close season.

jazman 26-10-2009 04:48 PM

But one thing continues to piss me off ........ the disapearance of NFL Gameday today even though they advertised it througout the coverage of the Cowboys. :grrr:

Swanny32 26-10-2009 09:38 PM

Pro Bowl voting is open:

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot

jazman 26-10-2009 09:56 PM

Just been through the highlights on NFL.com. Some great action. There is soem guy that is simply a machine for the Vikings, that hit he should have receiuved but ended up making and bulldozing through ... simply awesome. Adrian??? ;)

Reggie Bush TD amazing, but I simply had to relive some Cowboys action ... Andre Johnson proves he's human, just about ... having landed on the ball and coughing up blood he carries on until he can't go on anymore ...

Vince Hilaire's Afro 26-10-2009 10:36 PM

Off to see Eagles v Redskins soon - will try and get some pics up.

Tired after a lot of walking around DC!

Swanny32 26-10-2009 11:03 PM

Get me some decent shots of the Eagles Vince!

Vince Hilaire's Afro 26-10-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Get me some decent shots of the Eagles Vince!

I'll do my best, but from our vast elevation........

Strathclyde Eagle 26-10-2009 11:56 PM

Out of a bit of post-game angst, I Googled "Ohio State bust". Somehow no sign of Mr Ginn on the first page, but there was Vernon Gholston. :D

oz_da II 27-10-2009 05:50 AM

Who is Mark Sanchez apologising to for eating a hot dog during the game?
Hilarious.

Swanny32 27-10-2009 10:11 AM

Morning Nookie! :bash: :p :D :lux:

Neil 27-10-2009 10:14 AM

I see DeStupidname Jackson got a couple of TD's last night.

Swanny32 27-10-2009 11:14 AM

Best WR in the NFC Beast

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 27-10-2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

Morning Nookie! :bash: :p :D :lux:

Afternoon Nookie! :lux: :lux: :hi: :cool: ;)

ardeo 27-10-2009 02:00 PM

Hello Nookie :lux: :hi: :eek: :D :p

Bellyman 27-10-2009 02:24 PM

Aww poor Nookie! lol

Vince Hilaire's Afro 27-10-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil
I see DeStupidname Jackson got a couple of TD's last night.

He had a good game, which sadly couldn't be said of Jason Campbell, who received dog's abuse from the Redskins fans most of the night.

A few obnoxious Philly fans were goading the 'Skins' fans in our section, which looked like it was going to escalate until both sets of fans were distracted by the inexplicable sight of a guy wearing a Patriots jersey, and united in their merciless derision towards him.

The trouble disappeared in the 2nd half, as most of the Redskins fans didn't seem to return to their seats.

Fedex Stadium is enormous, and to their credit, the Redskins fans did make a lot of noise during the one half most of the stayed to watch, especially when Michael Vick got dumped on his arse.

Will try to post some pics when I get back home.

Swanny32 27-10-2009 05:10 PM

Look forward tro seeing the pics Vince. If there are quite a few then let me know and I'll add you on facebook so I can see the rest.

Swanny32 27-10-2009 05:11 PM

NOOOOOOKIE??!! WHERE ARE YOUUUUU???

Neil 27-10-2009 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
A few obnoxious Philly fans were goading the 'Skins' fans in our section, which looked like it was going to escalate until both sets of fans were distracted by the inexplicable sight of a guy wearing a Patriots jersey, and united in their merciless derision towards him.

:lux:

Neil 27-10-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

NOOOOOOKIE??!! WHERE ARE YOUUUUU???

Wherever he is, surely the defeat can't be compared to the utter shame of losing a game to the Raiders.

davematt 27-10-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil
Wherever he is, surely the defeat can't be compared to the utter shame of losing a game to the Raiders.

Neil has a point here.

Swanny32 27-10-2009 05:46 PM

A minor blip, NFC Beast bragging rights games are for more important.

davematt 27-10-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

A minor blip, NFC Beast bragging rights games are for more important.

:D

I fancy the Eagles next weekend against the Giants.

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 27-10-2009 06:12 PM

Wheres Nookie gone :confused:.......................;)

ardeo 27-10-2009 06:17 PM

Giants and Cowboys at home next two weeks, we will be top of the division in two weeks and 6-2 :)

Swanny32 27-10-2009 06:18 PM

Besides Neil, I'd rather lose to the Raiders than the Lions!

Swanny32 27-10-2009 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Giants and Cowboys at home next two weeks, we will be top of the division in two weeks and 6-2 :)

You don't do yourself any favours do you:D

ardeo 27-10-2009 06:21 PM

Well we've beaten the mighty skins, every reason to be confident :)

Think homefield advantage will be enough for us to sneak two very tight games