CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

PeterH 18-06-2023 09:05 PM

I'm still traumatised by the primary school teacher at Lewisham Bridge picking me out to pronounce my H (aitches) by making me stand up and repeat my surname (h)Opper unsuccesfully more than a dozen time. You can't take the Sarrff London out of the boy.

I should get a lawyer on to that and see what compensation I can get for the life-lasting trauma caused.

big bad John 18-06-2023 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16958833)
I'm still traumatised by the primary school teacher at Lewisham Bridge picking me out to pronounce my H (aitches) by making me stand up and repeat my surname (h)Opper unsuccesfully more than a dozen time. You can't take the Sarrff London out of the boy.

.

I had a similar experience. I couldn't say the letter R. I pronounced it Or. Same with the word 'both." I'd say 'boat.' This because I'd only been around Irish people before I started school. Every time we had to read Janet and feckin John I was asked to read the line with both in it. All to give the class a bit of a giggle. I always remember that the letter R was also the last one I was able to write correctly. Funny the things you remember.

mushroom 18-06-2023 10:26 PM

In A&E and some pissed up Chav is mouthing off to a overworked nurse… Gobby cow

pallet 18-06-2023 10:38 PM

A&E really is a slice of what hell must be like

mushroom 19-06-2023 01:12 AM

Been here nearly 5 hours

adrenalin john 19-06-2023 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 16958935)
Been here nearly 5 hours

You poor sod. Welcome to Brexit Britain

mushroom 19-06-2023 01:43 AM

100% tories are running NHS in to ground so those that can (just about) afford it, go private… and slowly move to a USA system.

Still not been seen, and there’s been people waiting longer than me.

Hedgehog 19-06-2023 02:31 AM

If it’s any consolation it’s no better in the Emergency Room here in the US.

adrenalin john 19-06-2023 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16958833)
I'm still traumatised by the primary school teacher at Lewisham Bridge picking me out to pronounce my H (aitches) by making me stand up and repeat my surname (h)Opper unsuccesfully more than a dozen time. You can't take the Sarrff London out of the boy.

I should get a lawyer on to that and see what compensation I can get for the life-lasting trauma caused.

In all seriousness Peter you must recognise how your childhood experiences have subconsciously set your expectations of how people treat and react to you, expectations that have often come to pass.

Our characters are our characters, but we are all emotionaly set in childhood, most ignore it in our 20s and 30s and then gradually look back and try and try and work out why.

Hedgehog 19-06-2023 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrenalin john (Post 16958944)
Our characters are our characters, but we are all emotionaly set in childhood, most ignore it in our 20s and 30s and then gradually look back and try and try and work out why.

Funny you bring this up. I recently wrote myself a 5 page Word document and called it “why am am what I am”.

When I put it in writing it all fell into place. Stuff I knew obviously, but seeing it in words really brought it home to me.

Glad I finally did it.

PeterH 19-06-2023 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrenalin john (Post 16958944)
In all seriousness Peter you must recognise how your childhood experiences have subconsciously set your expectations of how people treat and react to you, expectations that have often come to pass.

Our characters are our characters, but we are all emotionaly set in childhood, most ignore it in our 20s and 30s and then gradually look back and try and try and work out why.

Thanks for the psychobabble.

adrenalin john 19-06-2023 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16958951)
Thanks for the psychobaubble.

No worries. Think of it as something to hang from the scizophrenic christmas tree(s)

Maidstoned Eagle 19-06-2023 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16958947)
Funny you bring this up. I recently wrote myself a 5 page Word document and called it “why am am what I am”.

When I put it in writing it all fell into place. Stuff I knew obviously, but seeing it in words really brought it home to me.

Glad I finally did it.

"Why am am what I am? "

Hedgehog 19-06-2023 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16958967)
"Why am am what I am? "

OK then, "Maybe why I am like I am?".

It's Sunday evening... no excuse.

pallet 19-06-2023 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 16958937)
100% tories are running NHS in to ground so those that can (just about) afford it, go private… and slowly move to a USA system.

Still not been seen, and there’s been people waiting longer than me.

Your right. Hope you got seen and everything is OK. I twisted my ankle playing football and it has been swollen for the last 2 weeks, I went to one of those drop in non emergency clinics, the wait was 3-4 hours. I went back to work.

Socrates 19-06-2023 08:09 AM

I’m not sure if all trusts operate this system but in some areas at least if you call 111 and they refer you to A&E, they tell you what time to turn up. You still may have a long wait but at least you do the bulk of it at home. Its worked for my family a couple of times when we lived in Surrey.

RazorsEdge 19-06-2023 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16958979)
OK then, "Maybe why I am like I am?".

It's Sunday evening... no excuse.

I read it as why am I what I am, only when I read Madistoned post did I spot the error

Panther 19-06-2023 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big bad John (Post 16958842)
I had a similar experience. I couldn't say the letter R. I pronounced it Or. Same with the word 'both." I'd say 'boat.' This because I'd only been around Irish people before I started school. Every time we had to read Janet and feckin John I was asked to read the line with both in it. All to give the class a bit of a giggle. I always remember that the letter R was also the last one I was able to write correctly. Funny the things you remember.

We had an Irish teacher who couldn’t pronounce the combination ‘thr’, so he said, ‘One, two, tree..’ and ‘The train went true the tunnel.’ After one of us got the strap for commenting, we just accepted it and took the piss when safely distanced.

Pidster 19-06-2023 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 16958998)
We had an Irish teacher who couldn’t pronounce the combination ‘thr’, so he said, ‘One, two, tree..’ and ‘The train went true the tunnel.’ After one of us got the strap for commenting, we just accepted it and took the piss when safely distanced.

Dave was unavailable for comment.

Maidstoned Eagle 19-06-2023 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pidster (Post 16959024)
Dave was unavailable for comment.

Thank god.

Martin H 19-06-2023 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 16958998)
We had an Irish teacher who couldn’t pronounce the combination ‘thr’, so he said, ‘One, two, tree..’ and ‘The train went true the tunnel.’ After one of us got the strap for commenting, we just accepted it and took the piss when safely distanced.

Crikey, did you have Irish lessons? ;)

JJ 19-06-2023 12:55 PM

Adverts in between every over bowled. Pisses me off.

Panther 19-06-2023 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 16959040)
Crikey, did you have Irish lessons? ;)

No, but one Irish kid taught us ‘Pog ma hon’ (which might well be spelt wrong). The only other Irish thing was liberal use of the aforementioned strap.

Sharkba1t 19-06-2023 04:10 PM

the most common one i heard as a kid was " si sios agus dun do bheal" i.e. sit down and shut your mouth. ;>)

TopKnot 19-06-2023 07:38 PM

People who think it’s a brilliant idea to get dressed in their best Lycra then go on a full on run through the crowds on the south bank in rush hour. Twatzzzz

Stellavista 19-06-2023 11:50 PM

It's a f*cking cat!

Maidstoned Eagle 20-06-2023 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ (Post 16959188)
Adverts in between every over bowled. Pisses me off.

They do it to wake you up.

CK 20-06-2023 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 16960226)
They do it to wake you up.

How did I know it was gonna be you:hi::hi:

RazorsEdge 20-06-2023 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK (Post 16960230)
How did I know it was gonna be you:hi::hi:


Becasue he loves cricket :)



haha

Tripod 10 20-06-2023 11:49 AM

When you log on to look at a thread that looks to have a load of new comments only to find it is full of shit puns based on someone's name :wallbash::wallbash:

Bipe 20-06-2023 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripod 10 (Post 16960387)
When you log on to look at a thread that looks to have a load of new comments only to find it is full of shit puns based on someone's name :wallbash::wallbash:

Think Tripod's lost it here, he hasn't got a leg to stand on.

Smoz 20-06-2023 02:50 PM

The Wilf Zaha thread on here was started when he returned here in 2014 and currently has 26,204 posts.

The things that annoys you thread was also started in 2014 and currently has 50,231 posts.

This would suggest that Palace supporters are nearly twice as interested in things that annoy us as we are in possibly our greatest player to date.

Tripod 10 20-06-2023 03:54 PM

:l
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bipe (Post 16960539)
Think Tripod's lost it here, he hasn't got a leg to stand on.

:p at least that was (mildly) humorous.

LN1 20-06-2023 04:55 PM

The middle age couple who sat behind me at a concert last night who arrived late, spent most of the time talking loudly to each other. They didn't clap or cheer the act and spent more time swapping seats with each other and the bloke dropped something and continually shone his phone light at the seats in front trying to find whatever it was! Finally they left before the encore.
Given that the seats cost nearly 70 quid in that section, why do these people even bother? Not the first time I had this and it may be people who buy tickets just because they are in town and the wanted something to do then get disappointed when the one song they know isn't played on repetition! GRRRR!!!!!

PeterH 20-06-2023 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripod 10 (Post 16960645)
:l

:p at least that was (mildly) humorous.

It's rare on here. Take a photo.

PeterH 20-06-2023 05:09 PM

Feckin peeps getting their kicks from torturing monkeys has got to be right up there.

I mean. WTF

Lingfield Eagle 20-06-2023 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16960737)
Feckin peeps getting their kicks from torturing monkeys has got to be right up there.

I mean. WTF

I read that this morning. What sort of sick bastard pays money to watch an innocent monkey be tortured. I would happily go to prison to do what I'd like to do to those scum. I'm more than annoyed.

PeterH 20-06-2023 05:16 PM

3 women in The UK for starters. Begs the question of whether any of them have babies or young children.

PeterH 20-06-2023 05:19 PM

A faceache one.

I suppose not an annoyance, but enough for me to be dragged into slagging a stranger off on there.

Vintage photo of an old serviceman having to sell matches to survive - Canterbury, Kent 1930.

Pleb replies that govt does more for immigrants than old servicemen...again WTF...and gets people agreeing with him.

People are desease in the head.

Sick Bucket 21-06-2023 07:09 AM

People having children they can't afford to look after. Really winds me up. I have one daughter, would loved to have another kid but I knew it would be too much of a financial strain.

Massively irresponsible.

pallet 22-06-2023 07:55 AM

Going to work to.day and I am going to have to have a meeting with the person I mentioned earlier on the thread. Still acting like a child, I just want to go.to work and get on with it not deal with this crap.

Chris K 22-06-2023 11:39 AM

Bought some Cauldron Cumberland Veggie sausages for dinner last night as about to go to Turkey for a week and eat nothing but charcoal grilled meats, so wanted to be 'healthy'.

Jesus, the state of my insides today is anything but healthy. In future i'm sticking with proper sausages rather than highly processed sludge which is still the same sodding price as meat

art malice 22-06-2023 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 16962197)
Going to work to.day and I am going to have to have a meeting with the person I mentioned earlier on the thread. Still acting like a child, I just want to go.to work and get on with it not deal with this crap.

Turn up an hour late

Isle of Wight 22-06-2023 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 16962197)
Going to work to.day and I am going to have to have a meeting with the person I mentioned earlier on the thread. Still acting like a child, I just want to go.to work and get on with it not deal with this crap.

Which is why management wasnt for me. I felt like a mixutre of a poilceman and school teacher rolled into one.

ozzieEagle 22-06-2023 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 16962197)
Going to work to.day and I am going to have to have a meeting with the person I mentioned earlier on the thread. Still acting like a child, I just want to go.to work and get on with it not deal with this crap.

Good luck, hope it goes well.

davech 22-06-2023 12:40 PM

American so-called comedies Channel 4, E4, etc. They just involve screaming and shouting a lot, running around and waving arms maniacally, delivering a line and posing in wait of the canned laughter (which also follows them outside?) and nodding a lot, presumably to tell us when to laugh.

Yes,

Big Bang Theory
Young Sheldon
Goldbergs
black-ish
Modern Family
The Neighborhood (sic)

I mean you!!!!

PeterH 22-06-2023 08:04 PM

Not sure I would put Young Sheldon or Modern Family on that list.

PeterH 22-06-2023 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris K (Post 16962362)
Bought some Cauldron Cumberland Veggie sausages for dinner last night as about to go to Turkey for a week and eat nothing but charcoal grilled meats, so wanted to be 'healthy'.

Jesus, the state of my insides today is anything but healthy. In future i'm sticking with proper sausages rather than highly processed sludge which is still the same sodding price as meat

I think we need a 'WTF were you thinking thread.'

I, too, made the error of buying some vegan cheese on offer. Paper has more taste.

Still, it was an inexpensive experiment.

davech 22-06-2023 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16962863)
Not sure I would put Young Sheldon or Modern Family on that list.

Sorry, Peter, imho they are all mindless, formulaic drivel. Presumably we buy so many because they are cheap and the networks want to make a bit of money back. It is certainly not for the quality.

PeterH 22-06-2023 11:08 PM

Each to the own.

There's probably a dozen yank comedies I like. You can see from the BBS that I am easily amused.

SA Eagle 22-06-2023 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16963008)
Sorry, Peter, imho they are all mindless, formulaic drivel. Presumably we buy so many because they are cheap and the networks want to make a bit of money back. It is certainly not for the quality.

Although Young Sheldon doesn't have any 'supposed' audience (i.e. canned) laughter on it, so it sort of undermines your rant

CP-RJW 22-06-2023 11:39 PM

I think there’s more animated American comedies I like than live action ones. It’s Always Sunny, Malcolm in the Middle, Curb your Enthusiasm, that’s about it. But on the animated side there’s Futurama, Early Simpsons, King of the Hill, South Park, the Boondocks and BoJack Horseman.

Frogsporn 23-06-2023 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris K (Post 16962362)
Bought some Cauldron Cumberland Veggie sausages for dinner last night as about to go to Turkey for a week and eat nothing but charcoal grilled meats, so wanted to be 'healthy'.

Jesus, the state of my insides today is anything but healthy. In future i'm sticking with proper sausages rather than highly processed sludge which is still the same sodding price as meat

Anything that contains shit like Dicalcium Phosphate, Methylcellulose, Rehydrated Textured Vegetable Protein, potato starch, gluten, extracted yeast along with a list of various other extracts isn’t exactly going to be healthy to be fair. :(

PeterH 23-06-2023 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SA Eagle (Post 16963029)
Although Young Sheldon doesn't have any 'supposed' audience (i.e. canned) laughter on it, so it sort of undermines your rant

I enjoy it in much the same way as I enjoy/enjoyed The Wonder Years, and Malcom in The Middle.

ozzieEagle 23-06-2023 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frogsporn (Post 16963065)
Anything that contains shit like Dicalcium Phosphate, Methylcellulose, Rehydrated Textured Vegetable Protein, potato starch, gluten, extracted yeast along with a list of various other extracts isn’t exactly going to be healthy to be fair. :(

Did you look up those items and their benefits or side effects per chance.

Dicalcium Phosphate is sold by nutrient companies as a health benefit for adding calcium to a diet (bones and teeth basically and blood disorders). Rehydrated Textured Vegetable Protein is a Soya Bean additive so a bulker. I'll give you Methylcellulose though, only benefit of that is to treat constipation, it's not toxic, not an allergen, and not digestible. A thickener and emulsifier, probably better off without it.

I'm tuned into looking up ingredients, because of a vegan diet daughter and a Keto diet wife.

None of that stuff is that bad really. The worst additive, besides preservatives, colorings and nitrates in any foods are all basically sugar based. Fructose, straight Sugar, and anything associated.

Takes bloody ages for us to go shopping sometimes as the missus spends hours looking at ingredients.

This is just my opinion of course, but it's what we avoid.

Isle of Wight 23-06-2023 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frogsporn (Post 16963065)
Anything that contains shit like Dicalcium Phosphate, Methylcellulose, Rehydrated Textured Vegetable Protein, potato starch, gluten, extracted yeast along with a list of various other extracts isn’t exactly going to be healthy to be fair. :(

I saw stacks of Prime (two quid a can FFS) and looked at the ingredients. I didn’t know any of it. That isn’t a drink it’s a chemical cocktail!

Sick Bucket 23-06-2023 07:16 AM

There's a really good app called 'Yuka', you scan the barcode of pretty much anything in the supermarket and it gives it a score out of 100 and tells you the good and bad points of the product. It's quite interesting and addictive.

Isle of Wight 23-06-2023 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 16963127)
There's a really good app called 'Yuka', you scan the barcode of pretty much anything in the supermarket and it gives it a score out of 100 and tells you the good and bad points of the product. It's quite interesting and addictive.

Brilliant just what I need to make the weekend shop interesting. Thanks :)

palma14 23-06-2023 01:36 PM

Myself,

For the first time in 50 years I have bet on Palace being relegated.

jhc 23-06-2023 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palma14 (Post 16963397)
Myself,

For the first time in 50 years I have bet on Palace being relegated.

You should be ashamed of yourself :D

Stockport_Eagle 23-06-2023 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palma14 (Post 16963397)
Myself,

For the first time in 50 years I have bet on Palace being relegated.

And for the time since joining 9 years ago, actually posting on here :lux:

GeorgeIII 23-06-2023 04:48 PM

Perhaps it shows how annoyed at myself?

PeterH 23-06-2023 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgeIII (Post 16963579)
Perhaps it shows how annoyed at myself?

Is your madness the reason that you can't decide on usernames?

I suppose there is one valid explanation why someone might have signed up and then not posted for 9 years.

Terrace Bickle 23-06-2023 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palma14 (Post 16963397)
Myself,



For the first time in 50 years I have bet on Palace being relegated.

I did it last season and thankfully lost. I think this is very, very common amongst Palace fans
When we do go it'll be quite crushing as it'll be the end of our most successful spell, so compensation helps.

RazorsEdge 23-06-2023 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palma14 (Post 16963397)
Myself,

For the first time in 50 years I have bet on Palace being relegated.

Made me look up and I see, 8/1 is the odds whilst Everton has shorter odds than Palace.


500/1 to win the league, I may put 10 pound towards that.

PeterH 23-06-2023 08:14 PM

As peeps say a 10 quid covering bet buys a season ticket in The Championship with change to spare.

CT_Palace 23-06-2023 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgeIII (Post 16963579)
Perhaps it shows how annoyed at myself?

Oh good grief he's having one of his semi-lucid moments.
Where's his fat useless dandy of a son when you need him? Probs poncing around in that beach hut in Brighton.

Hedgehog 23-06-2023 09:20 PM

My Fitbit watch has taken a dump. Only had it since February, and this was a replacement for my last one that took a dump after less than a year.

The are almost forcing me to get an Apple Watch, which I suspect I maybe requesting for a birthday present at this stage.

Full disclosure: After doing a Live Chat thing today explaining the problem they are sending me a replacement. They didn't seem to be too fussed about going through a whole battery of re-setting or re-booting etc... pretty much took my word for it - They don't even want the old one back. I suspect it is a known problem.

RazorsEdge 23-06-2023 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16963826)
My Fitbit watch has taken a dump. Only had it since February, and this was a replacement for my last one that took a dump after less than a year.

The are almost forcing me to get an Apple Watch, which I suspect I maybe requesting for a birthday present at this stage.

Full disclosure: After doing a Live Chat thing today explaining the problem they are sending me a replacement. They didn't seem to be too fussed about going through a whole battery of re-setting or re-booting etc... pretty much took my word for it - They don't even want the old one back. I suspect it is a known problem.

Still under warranty I take it?

Had similar issue and they just went to me, ok and changed it.

Hedgehog 23-06-2023 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16963841)
Still under warranty I take it?

Had similar issue and they just went to me, ok and changed it.

I guess so. Had it less than 6 months.

Reading the community discussion boards it would seem like a lot of issues, especially since Fitbit was taken over by Google.

Mind you, they do leave themselves open to bad publicity by having the discussion board as part of their customer service.

A Fitbit has nowhere near the capabilities of an Apple watch, but is 1/3 the price (at least) and has all the features I need. My wife has the Apple Watch, and seems an overkill for what I use my Fitbit for.

The other annoying thing is the Windows Desktop App is no long supported (or functioning) since Google took over. To see your dashboard you have to access it via the web site. No big deal, but a bit annoying.

RazorsEdge 23-06-2023 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16963851)
I guess so. Had it less than 6 months.

Reading the community discussion boards it would seem like a lot of issues, especially since Fitbit was taken over by Google.

Mind you, they do leave themselves open to bad publicity by having the discussion board as part of their customer service.

A Fitbit has nowhere near the capabilities of an Apple watch, but is 1/3 the price (at least) and has all the features I need. My wife has the Apple Watch, and seems an overkill for what I use my Fitbit for.

The other annoying thing is the Windows Desktop App is no long supported (or functioning) since Google took over. To see your dashboard you have to access it via the web site. No big deal, but a bit annoying.

Both mine and wife’s Fitbits are collecting dust after we bought the Apple Watch.

Oh good job I don’t have it as that would be pissed me off as I had an app on my phone which would show my steps and activities

I remember my wife used to cheat her steps by shaking her hand to get to 10k steps a day, you can’t do that with Apple Watch

Hedgehog 23-06-2023 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16963856)
Both mine and wife’s Fitbits are collecting dust after we bought the Apple Watch.

Oh good job I don’t have it as that would be pissed me off as I had an app on my phone which would show my steps and activities

I remember my wife used to cheat her steps by shaking her hand to get to 10k steps a day, you can’t do that with Apple Watch

I saw a video where someone attached their Fitbit to their dog's collar and then kept throwing the dog's ball for it to fetch.

The iOS App still is good on the phone... as long as you can get it to sync with the watch, which was what went tits up with my first Fitbit watch.

SA Eagle 23-06-2023 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palma14 (Post 16963397)
Myself,

For the first time in 50 years I have bet on Palace being relegated.

You've waited 9 years to make that your first post?!

Eagle's Nest 23-06-2023 11:29 PM

Glastonbury

Prince Phillip 23-06-2023 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest (Post 16963907)
Glastonbury

Ah come on, Tristram and Susannah know the words to all the songs. Televisual audiences need to see this.

Eagle's Nest 23-06-2023 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince Phillip (Post 16963910)
Ah come on, Tristram and Susannah know the words to all the songs. Televisual audiences need to see this.

Can you imagine standing in the middle of that crowd listening to the Arctic Monkeys performing a garbled version of some B-side you've never heard of.

Eagle's Nest 23-06-2023 11:36 PM

Just play "I bet you look good on the dancefloor"and **** off

Eagle's Nest 23-06-2023 11:39 PM

Chuffing on about the environment and then leaving 6,000 megatons of rubbish in a field with the excuse that it gets given to the homeless.

PeterH 24-06-2023 12:44 AM

Haters gonna hate....

PeterH 24-06-2023 12:45 AM

TBF. I have a feeling that respected BBSers discussing such a thing as a Fitbit watch might start to chafe at the irritation glands if it doesn't stop soon.

CP-RJW 24-06-2023 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16963994)
Haters gonna hate....

The Arctic Monkeys deserve it.

Hedgehog 24-06-2023 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 16963996)
TBF. I have a feeling that respected BBSers discussing such a thing as a Fitbit watch might start to chafe at the irritation glands if it doesn't stop soon.

I suspect you are correct. A 3 post limit on any annoyance should be suffice to cover the subject.

Having said that, if fellow members wish to comment on said annoyance be it in agreement with or with similar experiences or with contradicting opinions on the subject, it is surely the polite thing for the annoyed person to acknowledge their posts.

Besides, I'm trying to limit my posts on this thread, as I don't want to catch up with Maidstoned Eagle as the top contributor, and I'm in hope that you Peter will overtake me for second spot if I lay low on here. ;)

Stavros 69 24-06-2023 01:31 AM

Emails that start with……I hope you are doing well.

Hedgehog 24-06-2023 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 16964031)
Emails that start with……I hope you are doing well.

I wrote that on about 20 Christmas cards last Christmas... but I know what you mean. I guess I use it when I haven't spoken to someone for a while - you never know when you get to my age!

Anyway - more annoyances along similar lines: Wait staff that come by half way through your meal and say something like, "It's so good isn't it"? Basically you have no choice but to nod and agree, and then get back to moaning about the food when they are out of earshot.

Also (to save on my post count)... When they try and bring your main course when you are still eating your starter course. Bad form in my opinion, especially when you are paying a lot of money and supposed to be "dinning" rather than sloshing it down in a rush. And I appreciate in some countries, eating a salad with the main course is acceptable, but not here.

Damn, I've gone over my allotted post count for the day.

Maidstoned Eagle 24-06-2023 09:38 AM

People who "cheat" on their fitbit/apple watches......what's The ******* point?

Stavros 69 24-06-2023 09:50 AM

When you’re shopping online and as you’re trying to look at a product a pop-up appears taking up most of the screen saying “8 people are looking at this product right now”.

As if that’s going to make me hurry my decision.

Maidstoned Eagle 24-06-2023 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 16964153)
When you’re shopping online and as you’re trying to look at a product a pop-up appears taking up most of the screen saying “8 people are looking at this product right now”.

As if that’s going to make me hurry my decision.

Didn't you notice them?

Isle of Wight 24-06-2023 11:07 AM

;) Cynics

JJ 25-06-2023 10:47 AM

On the CPFC website today, regarding 'Palace's Forgotten Heroes', about Ashley Cole:

"Begin to construct an all-time Crystal Palace XI, and you may not see a stand-out name at left-back"

Really? Arguably our greatest youth team product, by position, and our best ever left back. Perhaps they couldn't spell Sansom. :wallbash:

Adlerhorst 25-06-2023 11:00 AM

My car was broken into over two months ago, and I finally got it back from the repair shop on Monday. That was pretty annoying, but then on Friday someone rear ended my wife’s car when she had stopped at a zebra crossing with such force that it wrote it off (we think - the chassis is twisted to ****), and the guy crossing was lucky he hadn’t reached taht part of the crossing as she was shunted forward across the whole crossing.

wedgetail 25-06-2023 11:08 AM

Shows being called reality TV.

Olympian2 25-06-2023 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ (Post 16965017)
On the CPFC website today, regarding 'Palace's Forgotten Heroes', about Ashley Cole:

"Begin to construct an all-time Crystal Palace XI, and you may not see a stand-out name at left-back"

Really? Arguably our greatest youth team product, by position, and our best ever left back. Perhaps they couldn't spell Sansom. :wallbash:

Jesus Christ, that’s so, so poor from the club.

On another note - people referring to Blossoms as ‘The Blossoms’. See also The Pixies & The Ramones….

Olympian2 25-06-2023 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ (Post 16965017)
On the CPFC website today, regarding 'Palace's Forgotten Heroes', about Ashley Cole:

"Begin to construct an all-time Crystal Palace XI, and you may not see a stand-out name at left-back"

Really? Arguably our greatest youth team product, by position, and our best ever left back. Perhaps they couldn't spell Sansom. :wallbash:

Even worse, they then reference Wilkins & Upson. They are more ‘Best Forgotten’ than ‘Forgotten’. What a rotten article….

CP-RJW 25-06-2023 02:09 PM

There was a pretty shocking typo in the top ten prem goalscorers article.

“Finally, Jason Puncheon has had a number of exceptional moments in red and blue, but his strike against Norwich City in April 2016 will live long in the memory of Palace fans, as it helped the side secure safety in 16/17.

El Aguila 25-06-2023 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16965119)
Jesus Christ, that’s so, so poor from the club.

On another note - people referring to Blossoms as ‘The Blossoms’. See also The Pixies & The Ramones….

It was literally the first thing Joey used to say at every gig, so you can let that one go.

Maz 25-06-2023 02:54 PM

https://twitter.com/johnnyramone/sta...1%2Fframe.html

Olympian2 25-06-2023 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 16965155)
It was literally the first thing Joey used to say at every gig, so you can let that one go.

Well, except for the fact that the thread is about Things That Annoy You (i.e. me), not Things That May Or May Not Annoy Other People

El Aguila 25-06-2023 03:30 PM

I take your point.
I hope to have somewhat alleviated your annoyance, all the same - check “It’s Alive” for more reassurance.

PeterH 25-06-2023 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16965123)
Even worse, they then reference Wilkins & Upson. They are more ‘Best Forgotten’ than ‘Forgotten’. What a rotten article….

They previously did a shit piece on Wilkins. It was as though we didn't have any of our own long term players to be proud of and we wanted to get a bit of glory from his achievements at other clubs.

Ashley Cole is always worth a mention, but for the two you mention an 'absolute dire disappointment 11' article would be appropriate.

I guess the Club don't do negative though.

Next they will run an article talking about the impact Cantona had on our 'little' club's history. And the Club have a bit of form on this.

ChickenDipper 25-06-2023 06:17 PM

Two couples that see each other in the supermarket and proceed to chat in the way of everyone else. Go and grab a coffee


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.