CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

pallet 03-11-2023 11:33 AM

Firstly vet bills , just paid £400 to have my cat's foot treated for an infection, not helped by the fact the first 2 vets didn't even see it.
Secondly if you make an appointment to see the cat at 9.10am then see the cat at 9.10am not 9.30am!

Penstone Eagle 03-11-2023 11:57 AM

Our cat not coming back home in time to get to an appointment at the vets.

CK 03-11-2023 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 17125169)
It's also my wifes name....

I am aware of this. She's far and away nicer than the definition.:hi::lux:

Terrace Bickle 03-11-2023 07:48 PM

Thames Water, what a bunch of wankers. Had to have a compulsory water meter appointment (fair enough, I'd actually quite like one) to prove we can't have one fitted, as where the mains & stopcock are located isn't big enough and floor is concrete
Was a bit annoyed by their operative stomping around is massive workbooks but he was polite enough. He agrees the alcove is too small, but comes back as his boss (over the phone) says they can run pipework out of the alcove and mount it on the dining room wall!
Told him to tell his imbecile boss to phone me or get stuffed at his ridiculous suggestion, was then told it would be put down as a customer refusal, which I guess would mean a higher tariff. The op also insisted on taking photos of our bathroom and the boiler in it, it was like a visit from the Stasi.
I'll see where I get with a complaint.

Polak 03-11-2023 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pidster (Post 17125669)
:supergrin: They had an article about a shark attack in Australia, where the shark was described as 4 metres or 157 feet in length.

Metro newspaper was describing a vibrator on Gwyneth Paltrow's website which was 6.8 inches long and 14 inches in diameter. I assume that's a typo.

Martin H 03-11-2023 09:47 PM

For a comfortable 5-0 win Whitworth has had an excellent game. Still a lot of lessons to learn defensively.

Edit in wrong thread - sorry

Maidstoned Eagle 03-11-2023 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 17126113)
For a comfortable 5-0 win Whitworth has had an excellent game. Still a lot of lessons to learn defensively.

And that's annoying how?

Martin H 03-11-2023 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 17126117)
And that's annoying how?

Errrm who said I was annoyed. Not me.

I do think those saves covered over some good openings that Leeds carved a little too easily and frequently for our comfort. But so many positives in this match (and the last) there is little to be annoyed at.

Ahhhhh fair play. Not sure how I got onto the annoyed thread from the Academy, deep apologies and blushes

bubbs11 03-11-2023 10:13 PM

That was like a modern day version of the old cross lines you used to get on the telephone now and again.

Martin H 03-11-2023 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 17126124)
That was like a modern day version of the old cross lines you used to get on the telephone now and again.

Remember those and party lines. Mrs Jenkins, will you please get off the line, I am talking to my daughter —— oh Hello Josie, I thought it was you how are you etc etc.

Now it the old days thread. One more and I get a hat trick. ;)

Le Trapper 03-11-2023 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 17125593)
There are just so many spelling errors and other mistakes on the BBC News/Weather/Sport websites these days. Don't they proof read anything before making it live?

The BBS is not a good example !

PeterH 03-11-2023 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Trapper (Post 17126133)
The BBS is not a good example !

TBF. We are not purporting to be the World's premium English language news site.

Le Trapper 03-11-2023 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 17126157)
TBF. We are not purporting to be the World's premium English language news site.

Is that a reasonable excuse?

Oldtown Eagle 04-11-2023 12:01 AM

Miriam Margoyles, just piss off.

PeterH 04-11-2023 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Trapper (Post 17126163)
Is that a reasonable excuse?

I don't know exactly what you're expecting to get out of the BBS.

I am with you when 'special' individuals can't even seem to make the effort, but half the time we are posting quickly with sausage fingers on devices that have a habit of changing words on our behalf.

MatOv, formerly of this parish, used to put his longer posts through Word to screen out errors before copying them to here. Maybe, you can check out what forums he uses.

Terrace Bickle 04-11-2023 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle (Post 17126168)
Miriam Margoyles, just piss off.

This. Put her and Susan Calman in a room, lock the door and throw away the key.

Stavros 69 04-11-2023 08:24 PM

When you’re eating at a restaurant and someone clears a plate of a person finished, while someone is still eating.
Just clear the table at the end.

Levski 04-11-2023 08:53 PM

The use of the word 'wild' to describe something unusual, suprising, wrong, etc. Irritating

GorBlimey 04-11-2023 08:54 PM

Bloody fireworks - they're freaking out the dog.

Pidster 04-11-2023 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 17126698)
This. Put her and Susan Calman in a room, lock the door and throw away the key.

Lezzageddon? You disgust me.

chrisophiex 04-11-2023 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 17127795)
When you’re eating at a restaurant and someone clears a plate of a person finished, while someone is still eating.

Yep, that is grim. Wouldn’t even put up with it at home let alone on a night out.

Bad manners and just cringey.

Tripod 10 04-11-2023 09:42 PM

The use of the word homicide as opposed to murder.

Martin H 05-11-2023 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69 (Post 17127795)

In NYC that seems to be considered as good service and a problem if they don't do that. We found it really strange but realised that we were the odd ones out.

Martin H 05-11-2023 06:51 PM

Apologies if this has already been done but it's a bit obvious at this time of the year. Fireworks really annoy me and lack of consideration for kids, pets, animals and so on. Do they really need to do them all night. We get them after midnight around here every year and heavy duty stuff. I can't believe anyone grants permission for them.

We were on babysitting duty over the weekend and so are acutely aware of quite how long these things go on for - they really kicked in around 630pm and were pretty much non stop until midnight and then there were gaps but the last one I was awake for was 02:30. So that's happening before the 5th Nov and I guess tonight will be worse. It's started with a 'bang' but at this time of night its ok.

To finish off my Scrooge impression, I don't even understand why anyone finds them fascinating once they are in their teens. So I propose all fireworks should take place within an hour of darkness and on only one night of the year (5th obviously). You know it makes sense, luv Scrooge. Have as many parties as you want, with food and whatever flowing, just leave out the sparkly whoosh bang things.

V.Meldrew 05-11-2023 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 17128824)
Apologies if this has already been done but it's a bit obvious at this time of the year. Fireworks really annoy me and lack of consideration for kids, pets, animals and so on. Do they really need to do them all night. We get them after midnight around here every year and heavy duty stuff. I can't believe anyone grants permission for them.

We were on babysitting duty over the weekend and so are acutely aware of quite how long these things go on for - they really kicked in around 630pm and were pretty much non stop until midnight and then there were gaps but the last one I was awake for was 02:30. So that's happening before the 5th Nov and I guess tonight will be worse. It's started with a 'bang' but at this time of night its ok.

To finish off my Scrooge impression, I don't even understand why anyone finds them fascinating once they are in their teens. So I propose all fireworks should take place within an hour of darkness and on only one night of the year (5th obviously). You know it makes sense, luv Scrooge. Have as many parties as you want, with food and whatever flowing, just leave out the sparkly whoosh bang things.

Totally agree, fireworks are ****. They should not be sold to the public. They should only be let off on public licenced displays, not constantly 2wks before Nov 5 or 2 wks after.

Reps AJ 05-11-2023 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 17128824)

By law they should stop at 11pm, or midnight on the 5th

Martin H 05-11-2023 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 17128887)
By law they should stop at 11pm, or midnight on the 5th

Well i guess I do live in the Wild Wild West…..Yorkshire in big Rhubarb country and there is little sign of compliance with those timings so far in this ol’ town. I look forward to silence at midnight. ;)

cranesparkeagle 05-11-2023 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfies army (Post 17120960)
There’s a storey on my local online news today if a woman that brought a Big Mac and Fri’s in February this year and has left it fir 5 months to see what happens to it , she’s says it still looks the same only the tiniest bit of mould on it she has pics to back it up it’s on kent online if anyone cares :D

only care about your spelling!

cranesparkeagle 05-11-2023 09:11 PM

Attempts a sree cred in adverising voicovers by deliberaely lazy use of the English language. Heard one the oher day where the Actng person was clearly told to drop every "T" on the auocue. The whole hing couldn' a sounded more false if she ried.

GorBlimey 05-11-2023 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle (Post 17129043)
Attempts a sree cred in adverising voicovers by deliberaely lazy use of the English language. Heard one the oher day where the Actng person was clearly told to drop every "T" on the auocue. The whole hing couldn' a sounded more false if she ried.

Must try harder! :D

Oldtown Eagle 05-11-2023 09:56 PM

Re fireworks. I don’t like large organised displays. Much rather be pinning my Catherine Wheel to the fence and giving it a nudge to get it going.

ozzieEagle 05-11-2023 10:04 PM

Having to pick the times when we have to do errands by car. Our street has become a tourist destination because of the Pentridge Prison museum tours, Brewery, cinema complex, shopping centre, 19-story buildings and hotel plus restaurant strip directly across the road from us. So if we go anywhere after 10.30AM right through to 11PM then we can't get a park, even with residents-only parking. The only solution is knocking down the back fence and creating parking spots in our back garden, which will cost a fair chunk of our retirement fund to do properly not to mention we lose lots of garden. Bit of a conundrum as we will almost certainly be moving in the foreseeable future.

Mr Mojo Risin 05-11-2023 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NRM the 2nd (Post 17125172)
Work from home being the answer to everything since covid. Oh it's going to rain tomorrow, please work from home, oh there will be a breeze on Thursday, please work from home. Oh it maybe cloudy, please work from home. Oh a train may not run next week, please all work from home.

Working in the office since Covid. The Covid period was mostly rubbish, but having 2 years of not having to get an overpriced, overcrowded and unreliable train was absolutely wonderful. It helped my career, my mental health and my bank balance. I now have to go into the office twice a week and its really opened my eyes to what a complete waste of time it is.

Skin Up 05-11-2023 10:36 PM

Americans who start a sentence with “Welp” instead of “Well” when they are about to convey new information with a nuance of disappointment.

Thankfully only an online thing for now but it continues the trend of American millennials sounding like cartoon characters.

PALACEWU 05-11-2023 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skin Up (Post 17129113)
Americans who start a sentence with “Welp” instead of “Well” when they are about to convey new information with a nuance of disappointment.

Thankfully only an online thing for now but it continues the trend of American millennials sounding like cartoon characters.

This is vintage for this thread, excellent annoyance :lux:

Martin H 05-11-2023 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle (Post 17129077)
Re fireworks. I don’t like large organised displays. Much rather be pinning my Catherine Wheel to the fence and giving it a nudge to get it going.

Quick digression - that reminded of my Dad who had a habit of putting a normal fireworks night budget into a single firework which he would proudly present to the street’s fireworks do. It was a great idea that sadly rarely worked but led to great merriment. His first attempt was a humongous rocket. It really was huge and everyone in the street gathered to see it and it was held back for the finale. We all watched it shoot high into the sky and ….. do nothing, zip, nada, not even a pop or flash. Oops.

Put that right the next year buying a huge Catherine wheel that must have been 18” across. This stuttered a few times as it tried to get rotation going but on the third go it kicked off for a second or two before jamming solid and all of it setting fire at once. Intense light and flames quickly set the fence post alight. Lots of oohs and ahhh as everyone ran for cover while my Dad tried to save the fence (it was at our house that year). :) he had many successes in following years but we all remembered those cockups as Norden might say. Maybe that trauma is why I am not keen on fireworks :)

the digger 05-11-2023 11:21 PM

People who order their coffee in takeaway cups and drink them in the coffee shop.

the digger 05-11-2023 11:25 PM

Uncontrollable floods of tears when anything mildly emotional happens in a film or TV show I happen to be watching.

The woman 4 seats away had to check I was ok during Scrapper.

Maidstoned Eagle 06-11-2023 07:17 AM

Trying to find parking when visiting Pentridge Prison tours.

SgtStryker 06-11-2023 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 17129252)

Ozzie Eagle has loads of space, no problem :hi:

Pidster 06-11-2023 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 17129045)
Must try harder! :D

Mus ry harder ( as they probably say in Wales).

CT_Palace 06-11-2023 02:50 PM

Screaming kids. Or more correctly the parents of screaming kids who do absolutely nothing to stop their horrible little spawn from screaming.
It's clearly the result of a lack of attention on the part of the parents. The kid quickly learns that the most effective way of getting some attention is to scream. This is then carried through in all instances of interaction such as playing with siblings or friends and becomes the normalized method of communicating.

Maidstoned Eagle 06-11-2023 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtStryker (Post 17129335)
Ozzie Eagle has loads of space, no problem :hi:

I'll take his fence down for him

pallet 06-11-2023 04:11 PM

Got some local travelling men who will tarmac it for him

ozzieEagle 06-11-2023 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 17129252)

There's a 3 floor 350 spot car park over there, but the buggers prefer street parking first.

ozzieEagle 06-11-2023 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 17129638)
Got some local travelling men who will tarmac it for him

They'll need a bobcat, It needs a shed load (at least 8) 5 meter tall Bamboo taking out and levelling off. Can't get a tradesman anywhere without laying out 1,000's of bucks because of 'Melbournes big build', Which means you can only get tradies on a weekend.

Cost me 470 bucks (250 GBP) to clear a drain blockage last week, couldn't get to the pipes. Plumbers have to be the worst tradesmen to have in your house, he was in the house for less than an hour.

Maidstoned Eagle 06-11-2023 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzieEagle (Post 17129797)
There's a 3 floor 350 spot car park over there, but the buggers prefer street parking first.

Is your house the one with the bamboo?

ozzieEagle 06-11-2023 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 17129819)
Is your house the one with the bamboo?

Yes

Easy to spot on Google Earth.

WLYWLYAWYPWF 06-11-2023 08:40 PM

Jermaine Pennant. Cringefest c*nt.

Jim Cannon 06-11-2023 08:44 PM

Turnovers and Low Blocks

WLYWLYAWYPWF 06-11-2023 09:22 PM

Add Gary Neville. Changes his opinion depending on whether he likes the team or not. Twat.

GorBlimey 06-11-2023 09:28 PM

Whe you've ordered something from Amazon and the price drops after it's been dispatched.

Sick Bucket 06-11-2023 09:44 PM

People going on about how brilliant their kids are, it's fine for a few minutes, maximum 5 minutes but after that just change the tune FFS.

El Aguila 06-11-2023 09:51 PM

Five minutes is very patient of you.

Isle of Wight 07-11-2023 07:03 PM

“we are taking this proactive and strategic step that further aligns our workforce to better enable staff to meet the needs of our customers and partners, while remaining sustainable and cost effective”

Reduce staff that makes for better customer service ? How the fk does that work?

PeterH 08-11-2023 02:48 PM

Maybe they could reduce staff by removing the person/people responsible for coming up with that line.

RazorsEdge 08-11-2023 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 17131381)
Maybe they could reduce staff by removing the person/people responsible for coming up with that line.

That would raise the morale of the work force

adrenalin john 08-11-2023 03:12 PM

That there isn't a thread about things that really annoy you big time, or rather that I don't how much this annoys me. Moderately or averagely, in which case what thread should I post on.

Annoying

adrenalin john 08-11-2023 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 17130741)
“we are taking this proactive and strategic step that further aligns our workforce to better enable staff to meet the needs of our customers and partners, while remaining sustainable and cost effective”

Reduce staff that makes for better customer service ? How the fk does that work?

Getting rid of the grumpy ones?

PeterH 08-11-2023 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrenalin john (Post 17131398)
That there isn't a thread about things that really annoy you big time, or rather that I don't how much this annoys me. Moderately or averagely, in which case what thread should I post on.

Annoying

Or a thread that sends one into incandescent rage. Y'know something for our gammons to post on - twitchy curtains, boat people, woke peeps, cancel culture, right to own bully dogs, JS0 protesters, benefit fraud, disappearance of golliwogs, whatever Braverman directs them to focus their ire on this week.

Martin H 09-11-2023 01:46 AM

Car batteries.

We rarely use the car these days. The odd medium trip to see family and the rest is occasional shopping (close). So every time around this year we get caught out by the car battery. Yes, I know that I should realise this by now and charge the thing on a weekly basis but 1 - I can’t be a**** to even think about it let alone do it and 2 it always seems to get me just before I dig out the charger. So we keep having to buy a flaming battery and I think this last one was £271 or something. I got it at the dealer because it had actually warned the loss of the auto stop/start so I took it there. Each year they tell me how cool it is because it has 3 or 5 yr guarantee and then it fails and they tell me it’s because we haven’t used it etc etc. they have a point I guess but it’s really annoying and a waste of money. Cars annoy me full stop tbh. Can’t get excited about them at all.

Les Butler 09-11-2023 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 17131835)
Car batteries.

We rarely use the car these days. The odd medium trip to see family and the rest is occasional shopping (close). So every time around this year we get caught out by the car battery. Yes, I know that I should realise this by now and charge the thing on a weekly basis but 1 - I can’t be a**** to even think about it let alone do it and 2 it always seems to get me just before I dig out the charger. So we keep having to buy a flaming battery and I think this last one was £271 or something. I got it at the dealer because it had actually warned the loss of the auto stop/start so I took it there. Each year they tell me how cool it is because it has 3 or 5 yr guarantee and then it fails and they tell me it’s because we haven’t used it etc etc. they have a point I guess but it’s really annoying and a waste of money. Cars annoy me full stop tbh. Can’t get excited about them at all.

When you do not use the car, put it on a smart charger. Very cheap on Amazon, you get two for 30 quid.

ozzieEagle 09-11-2023 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 17131835)
Car batteries.

Depending on where you park your vehicle, one of these works. We use it on our campervan, to keep our vehicle (not in house) battery charged. This is a common solution to your issue here. Look for a better model, this is just an example.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/39468244...caae6f27f06013

Maidstoned Eagle 09-11-2023 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les Butler (Post 17131838)
When you do not use the car, put it on a smart charger. Very cheap on Amazon, you get two for 30 quid.

Yep, get a trickle charger.

This is the sort of annoyance that HH used to create for himself, before he flounced off.

the digger 09-11-2023 09:21 AM

The law relating to regaining possession of my own home, current processing times in the UK court system and loc authorities/government abusing this to paper over the housing crisis.

I gave my council tenant 2 months notice in May, but they were advised by the LA not to move out as there was no housing available. The tenant then falsified a defence which meant my application for possession had to be heard in court, 3 months later.

In court the tenant admitted they had no defence and we were granted a possession date 4 weeks later but reminded that the tenant is not obliged to move out until I obtain a bailiff's warrant. Current wait tine for a bailiff's warrant: 12-15 weeks from possession date.

In short, I will regain possession of my property 8 months later than the date agreed in the contract I signed with the tenant.

For those of you who think I'm a bourgeois landlord, this was my primary residence that I rented out while relocating to Australia. The tenant's refusal to vacate means I cannot sell despite having a buyer in place and is costing me £1000 per month plus legal fees that I can't recoup through the court

Maidstoned Eagle 09-11-2023 09:52 AM

Send some geezers round, niño.

Maidstoned Eagle 09-11-2023 12:53 PM

The interminable noise and clicks and kissing sounds, at high volume, Spanish women make if someone enters anywhere with a baby. I'm sat in my classroom and the noise from reception has gone on for 5 minutes straight.

strawberry mivi 09-11-2023 09:00 PM

The John Lewis advert.
Only released today but already upsetting me.
Possibly because I am a carnivorous plant fancier and it sullies the noble VFT.

Stavros 69 09-11-2023 09:02 PM

People who have their phone pinging for every email, text, notification.

They must die.

RazorsEdge 09-11-2023 09:44 PM

They all do, in the end

PeterH 09-11-2023 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 17131883)
This is the sort of annoyance that HH used to create for himself, before he flounced off.

I am in favour of this post.

Martin H 10-11-2023 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les Butler (Post 17131838)

Thx Les - sorry for the delay - I forgot to check for replies. I have bought myself a CTEX (I think that's the name) one that is supposed to be idiot proof. We will find out I guess. Does seem a pain in the **** and with modern so many clever developments around these days you would think the car would already have built in options for this sort of thing rather than have to plug it in - albeit that may be where we all end up I guess.

Martin H 10-11-2023 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzieEagle (Post 17131862)
Depending on where you park your vehicle, one of these works. We use it on our campervan, to keep our vehicle (not in house) battery charged. This is a common solution to your issue here. Look for a better model, this is just an example.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/39468244...caae6f27f06013

Thanks for that. Looks sensible. I have already bought myself a plug in charger but may still look at what is out there that uses solar. Albeit we have a bit less sun than you guys typically. :)

LN1 10-11-2023 03:17 PM

I use a ctek type charger a lot in the winter and as my car is one of those stop/start cars it has a Gel battery which is supposed to require a special charging mode compared to ordinary car battery or trickle chargers.

Martin H 10-11-2023 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LN1 (Post 17132980)
I use a ctek type charger a lot in the winter and as my car is one of those stop/start cars it has a Gel battery which is supposed to require a special charging mode compared to ordinary car battery or trickle chargers.

Yeah same here with the stop/start thing. The CTEK has an AGM setting which is for that type of battery I think.

Martin H 10-11-2023 10:29 PM

NHS/my local Doctors.

Have had a series of problem with my back etc and currently if I stay still on my feet for more than a couple of mins I get what starts with pins and needles and quickly deteriorates into loss of feeling ankle down and inability to walk if allowed to get extreme - difficult to describe but scary when it happens. Doc packed me off for an MRI within a week (they are busy) but a month later and I am still waiting for the reviewed results (I have been told they process these around the world these days). Rang to chase and the earliest appt I can get without declaring an emergency is a month away. Worst still I asked about the results and the response was that they might not be back in time for that appt. I.e. 2 mths after the MRI.

The local docs is in as much disarray as the NHS seem to be right now in that they seem to have regressed to only process and complete appt bookings. They don’t seem to have any effective way of case management, to see the same doc twice you need luck or add another fortnight to the months waiting times or you declare an emergency.

obasizzler 10-11-2023 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 17133315)
NHS/my local Doctors.

Have had a series of problem with my back etc and currently if I stay still on my feet for more than a couple of mins I get what starts with pins and needles and quickly deteriorates into loss of feeling ankle down and inability to walk if allowed to get extreme - difficult to describe but scary when it happens. Doc packed me off for an MRI within a week (they are busy) but a month later and I am still waiting for the reviewed results (I have been told they process these around the world these days). Rang to chase and the earliest appt I can get without declaring an emergency is a month away. Worst still I asked about the results and the response was that they might not be back in time for that appt. I.e. 2 mths after the MRI.

The local docs is in as much disarray as the NHS seem to be right now in that they seem to have regressed to only process and complete appt bookings. They don’t seem to have any effective way of case management, to see the same doc twice you need luck or add another fortnight to the months waiting times or you declare an emergency.

Been waiting for an x-ray appointment for 2 months now.
When living in Turkey, had to have hernia op - was advised that as it was not an emergency, the earliest op date was 14 days after initial consultation!!!

Olympian2 11-11-2023 11:22 AM

Amol Rajan presenting University Challenge. Paxman didn't need a pocket square, a tie-clip, tons of rings OR monogrammed shirt cuffs.....

west country boy 11-11-2023 11:42 AM

Paxman was way worse than Bambi tbf, but Amol Rajan is utterly useless at everything he does.

Maidstoned Eagle 11-11-2023 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obasizzler (Post 17133350)
Been waiting for an x-ray appointment for 2 months now.
When living in Turkey, had to have hernia op - was advised that as it was not an emergency, the earliest op date was 14 days after initial consultation!!!

Did you come out with new hair and teeth as a bonus?

KYLIE MINEAGLE 11-11-2023 02:32 PM

Tim Sherwood what a :jerkit:

art malice 11-11-2023 03:09 PM

Satsumas that are tight as a duck's arse. What's the fvcking point?

PeterH 11-11-2023 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 17133944)
Satsumas that are tight as a duck's arse. What's the fvcking point?

What are you doing with them?

obasizzler 11-11-2023 06:26 PM

:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 17133772)
Did you come out with new hair and teeth as a bonus?

😊

cappuccinoeagle 11-11-2023 09:56 PM

Saw an ad for Dr Who on BBC ( that didn’t annoy me) but spotted Catherine Tate, and remembered how unfunny she is. On the same subject, also Jack Whitehall

CK 12-11-2023 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 17135150)
Saw an ad for Dr Who on BBC ( that didn’t annoy me) but spotted Catherine Tate, and remembered how unfunny she is. On the same subject, also Jack Whitehall

Never 'got' her comedy, but found her strangely attractive in Dr Who:eek:

Penstone Eagle 12-11-2023 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK (Post 17135577)
Never 'got' her comedy, but found her strangely attractive in Dr Who:eek:

compared to a Dalek?

Sharkba1t 12-11-2023 10:26 AM

The matchday “experience” at Selhurst. Huge, slow queues to get in to the Holmsedale, and from what I’ve seen they’re even longer for the Arthur. Missed the first 2 goals yesterday. Went for a half-time pint, more queues, got served just after the re-start. Utterly fkin useless.
Won’t bother with the half time pint again, but it’s beyond reason to me why they don’t seem to want to encourage people to spend.

SgtStryker 12-11-2023 12:00 PM

Politicians at The Cenotaph. The monarch lays a wreath on behalf of the country. Why do the lib-dems and every other tinpot party get to go first?
Should have stopped at politicians.

pallet 12-11-2023 12:34 PM

In the spirit of how this thread started sitting in a BP charging my car watch all the selfish muppets. The place is chaos.

Ball Boy 12-11-2023 01:20 PM

Self Entitled Scousers

Herr Colonpharter 12-11-2023 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkba1t (Post 17135624)
The matchday “experience” at Selhurst. Huge, slow queues to get in to the Holmsedale, and from what I’ve seen they’re even longer for the Arthur. Missed the first 2 goals yesterday. Went for a half-time pint, more queues, got served just after the re-start. Utterly fkin useless.
Won’t bother with the half time pint again, but it’s beyond reason to me why they don’t seem to want to encourage people to spend.

THIS . . . .

Beyond laughable we still have three turnstiles top of the holmesdale just as it was 99 years ago.

3 Beers on tap at Cronx bar. One playing up leaving just a porter and a lager and if lager's your thing I'd imagine you're more likely to go to one of the main bars.

Maidstoned Eagle 13-11-2023 08:43 AM

Women insisting on bringing oversized pushchairs into already busy cafes, blocking the entrance whilst they play loud music on their phone.

Sick Bucket 13-11-2023 01:57 PM

I'm getting so sick of managers berating Refs every time a decision doesn't go their way. That prick that manages the Weeds for example, admitted his player deserved a red but was still on the pitch at FT giving the ref an absolute mouthful.

On the otherhand it was good to see Roy compliment the ref even though he made a critical mistake that probably cost us a point. Class, I wish other manages showed the same decency.

The amount of abuse Refs get I honestly think they should go on strike, bit of a reminder to people that without them we don't have a game.

HOVE EAGLE 13-11-2023 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 17136870)
I'm getting so sick of managers berating Refs every time a decision doesn't go their way. That prick that manages the Weeds for example, admitted his player deserved a red but was still on the pitch at FT giving the ref an absolute mouthful.

On the otherhand it was good to see Roy compliment the ref even though he made a critical mistake that probably cost us a point. Class, I wish other manages showed the same decency.

The amount of abuse Refs get I honestly think they should go on strike, bit of a reminder to people that without them we don't have a game.

Brian clough got it right but with var what is the point of a referee
https://youtu.be/4PA8q5Q-kTg

Olympian2 13-11-2023 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ball Boy (Post 17135844)
Scousers

EFA

Penstone Eagle 13-11-2023 04:35 PM

Quote:

And when interviewed live said he didn't like 80% of refs in England.

He is indeed a prick.

Freddy the Fish 13-11-2023 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 17133315)
NHS/my local Doctors.

Hi,

I suffer from what sounds like a similar condition - except that it affects my left thigh. I start with the numbness that becomes pins and needles, which increases in severity until it just becomes a burning sensation and, as you say reaches a point where it isn't possible to stand on it any more and I have to sit down until it goes (20 -30 minutes).

It was diagnosed by my GP as Meralgia Paresthetica which is caused by a sensory nerve being damaged by inflammation of my left hip. Perhaps you might have a similar condition?

Herr Colonpharter 13-11-2023 08:46 PM

Quote:

Totally agree, me too, but they don't help themselves by sucking it up and just brushing the culprits aside. If someone calls the ref an effing prick or whatever they should be booked. It does happen, but too often goes unpunished.

Frogsporn 13-11-2023 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 17136522)
Women insisting on bringing oversized pushchairs into already busy cafes, blocking the entrance whilst they play loud music on their phone.

That’s three different annoyances to be fair, I’m impressed at your restraint there. :p