CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 25-01-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sLlll
Brett blew it. He could have gone for a run prior to his interception at the end of the 4th. I don't know whose mistake 12 man in the huddle was, just so careless. Still, a good game.

Brad Childress.

Come on down.

Saints to win the Bowl by 4.

jazman 25-01-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
All the lower level prices have been put up.

Disgraceful in "this financial climate" as they said yesterday.


Agree. Contradicts exactly what they have said. But come on, we're only fans ... what should we expect? :rolleyes:

elliott 26-01-2010 12:51 AM

For the second consecutive year, the worst rushing team in the NFL has made it to the Superbowl.

Swanny32 26-01-2010 02:01 PM

Man, I don't know what tickets to go for at Wembley. I was kind of expecting them to be a bit cheaper than that.

peagle 26-01-2010 10:00 PM

So come on then, who else is going to write to their owner to see if he wants to invest in a soccer team? Think Kraft might have enough on his plate atm though :(

jazman 26-01-2010 10:42 PM

The 50 seats have been fine the last couple of years so I will stick with those ...

Kraft loves the UK. Maybe, just maybe ... but US owners haven't covered themselves in glory over here yet though, like the Glazers and the Liverpool lot ... Randy Lerner at Villa seems to be doing a decent job though. Is he the same guy who has just sold the Texas Rangers MLB side?

pauldrulez 26-01-2010 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peagle
So come on then, who else is going to write to their owner to see if he wants to invest in a soccer team? Think Kraft might have enough on his plate atm though :(

Kraft has said he will never invest in Soccer in the UK until a financial structure is in place. And a Salary Cap as well.

He's got his head screwed on. Doesn't want to bust a club and lose his money as well as destroy the club.

Unlike Glazer.

jazman 27-01-2010 01:39 PM

NFL is nowhere near the forefront of my mind for the very first time in ages .. :(

Funk Butter 27-01-2010 04:09 PM

I was finally able to add the BS Report podcast to the radio on my toolbar. The show is hilarious. Not sure if anybody on here has seen the Jersey Shore show, but they review the season and its epic. They only offer a blurb about the Championship games. Still can't believe the ratings on that NFC game.

http://podloc.andomedia.com/dloadTra...mons100126.mp3

pauldrulez 27-01-2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
NFL is nowhere near the forefront of my mind for the very first time in ages .. :(

Completely agree.

For a long time, when i've doodled at work during day dreams, it's been stupid NFL play designs.

Today I was doodling the Eagle. (Fair dos, badly) But Palace and not the ProBowl/Superbowl were on my mind.

Strathclyde Eagle 27-01-2010 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter
I was finally able to add the BS Report podcast to the radio on my toolbar. The show is hilarious. Not sure if anybody on here has seen the Jersey Shore show, but they review the season and its epic. They only offer a blurb about the Championship games. Still can't believe the ratings on that NFC game.

http://podloc.andomedia.com/dloadTra...mons100126.mp3

Not seen Jersey Shore. Will resume listening to that one on the way to work tomorrow.

Another NFL one with Lombardi (at least) is on the way soon.

Swanny32 28-01-2010 06:36 PM

You guys aren't the only ones, dark days at the moment but last night we had St James Park rocking, it was brilliant. We'll be fine.

jazman 28-01-2010 11:51 PM

I'm there on Saturday. Looking forward to getting behind the lads :lux:

peagle 29-01-2010 07:54 PM

Who's actually going to be watching on Sunday? I'm umming and ahhhing simply because I know if i dont take every opportunity I'll regret it for the summer!

pauldrulez 29-01-2010 07:56 PM

I'll Sky+ it.

Only because I like the interviews.

Last year I was resting from the NFL before getting into the Superbowl week prep. Then you have a week to digest before the ProBowl.

I don't like it the way it is anymore.

saxoneagle 29-01-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
NFL is nowhere near the forefront of my mind for the very first time in ages .. :(

Agreed - I'm thinking about how many sharks, turtles and rays I'm going to see diving the Barrier Reef in the next few days.

What you thinking about, jazman?

:D

jazman 29-01-2010 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Agreed - I'm thinking about how many sharks, turtles and rays I'm going to see diving the Barrier Reef in the next few days.

What you thinking about, jazman?

:D

Much the same actually. You see, I rarely think much about what I'm doing or what I should be doing. I'm in a constant dream world ... apparantly! ;) :D :o

And Pro Bowl, I'll Sky+ it and watch it throughout the week ... :p

saxoneagle 29-01-2010 11:03 PM

Well enjoy, I'll have no internet on the boat for 4 days so I'll be back in time for the Superbowl ;)

jazman 29-01-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Well enjoy, I'll have no internet on the boat for 4 days so I'll be back in time for the Superbowl ;)


That's what they thought in Lost ... ;)

High Roller 29-01-2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott
For the second consecutive year, the worst rushing team in the NFL has made it to the Superbowl.

The Superbowl will be won on defense not offense, so the Colts have the best defense, Saints will have to blitz and unsettle Manning, which has not happend yet, and I can't see it happening on Feb 7th. :p


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.