CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 29-04-2011 05:38 AM

Bed.

SteveyHawking 29-04-2011 05:39 AM

And Sherrod is the last pick. Another good grab and decent value. Definitely been an interesting 4 hours or so!

Funk Butter 29-04-2011 05:41 AM

sportsguy33 Bill Simmons
My dad wants to get drunk and pretend that New England had New Orleans' draft.

SteveyHawking 29-04-2011 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter
sportsguy33 Bill Simmons
My dad wants to get drunk and pretend that New England had New Orleans' draft.

:D

oz_da II 29-04-2011 06:21 AM

Welcome to TitleTown, Derek! :p

oz_da II 29-04-2011 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter
Agree. Agree. But I think Ingram is a good fit with the Saints in the rotation RB system they'll use.

Reggie Bush on twitter:

Quote:

It's been fun, New Orleans.
:D

Latvian Eagle 29-04-2011 09:38 AM

I really don't get some of the logic of the NFL draft... For example before the Vikings took their QB last night they were saying that the Vikings were eyeing up Da'Quan Bowers and one other player (can't remember his name) and the Vikings were looking to trade down.

Ok I know they might want more picks... But if you want a guy why not pick him rather than wait? :confused: It doesn't really make sense to me!

elliott 29-04-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
Definitely had him as a better bet than Pouncey. He only went earlier for his name and what his brother did last year.

Agreed.

Not happy at all. I understand we're going to play him at Center. Where he was shit for Florida.

Not convinced at the minute that Miami are doing the right thing and going in the right direction. We seem to replace shit line with more shit line, whilst spending a shitload of money.

pauldrulez 29-04-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter
sportsguy33 Bill Simmons
My dad wants to get drunk and pretend that New England had New Orleans' draft.

Yep, a lot of Pats fans loved Cam Jordan and Ingram. I honestly didn't want either. I said about Ingram before. I just don't think there is value in a first round RB anymore and I didn't really like Ingram.

For me, Jordan was too small for a 3-4DE and too big for a 3-4OLB, though he wasn't far off the McGinest Elephant role.

I'm happy with Solder.

Maybe we trade the 2 firsts next year for Andrew Luck...

BLUE BOY 29-04-2011 11:27 AM

Not sure what to make of the Seahawks pick, not what i expected at all. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

On the brightside though Mel Kiper didn't like it so that gives me some hope!

pauldrulez 29-04-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLUE BOY
Not sure what to make of the Seahawks pick, not what i expected at all. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

On the brightside though Mel Kiper didn't like it so that gives me some hope!

:D

Bit of a reach, but he obviously didn't like Carimi.

And you can't argue that Bama had a beast of a Line.

Swanny32 29-04-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
I really don't get some of the logic of the NFL draft... For example before the Vikings took their QB last night they were saying that the Vikings were eyeing up Da'Quan Bowers and one other player (can't remember his name) and the Vikings were looking to trade down.

Ok I know they might want more picks... But if you want a guy why not pick him rather than wait? :confused: It doesn't really make sense to me!

Every player has a value, take Christian Ponder for example, no one really had him going in the first round. Teams will know the players predicted draft number, if they think they can get him say late round 2 they can look to trade picks with someone toward the tail end of round two who may be looking to climb the order to get their guy. This would obviously include extra picks for the team moving back which will help them fill other positions they need. In the Vikings case apparently no one was interested in moving up so they had no choice but the fill a need even though it was way above Ponders projected position.

Hope that makes sense.

Dave Nunn 29-04-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Phil Taylor is a real, solid pick for the Browns who continue to make impressive picks for the 2nd, maybe 3rd year in a row.

A good replacement for Shaun Rogers! In Tom Heckert we trust. :p

pauldrulez 29-04-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Every player has a value, take Christian Ponder for example, no one really had him going in the first round. Teams will know the players predicted draft number, if they think they can get him say late round 2 they can look to trade picks with someone toward the tail end of round two who may be looking to climb the order to get their guy. This would obviously include extra picks for the team moving back which will help them fill other positions they need. In the Vikings case apparently no one was interested in moving up so they had no choice but the fill a need even though it was way above Ponders projected position.

Hope that makes sense.

Yep.

Ponder would have gone late 1st IMO anyway.

Lots of QBs being reached for.

Locker at #8 was a shock to people, but he would have been taken by the Skins or Vikes 2 or 4 picks later.

oz_da II 29-04-2011 01:33 PM

Mark Ingram was the only running back drafted, going at 28th. That’s the latest the draft’s 1st RB has ever been taken.

Very interesting... Was hoping he would slip to the Packers.

saxoneagle 29-04-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Yep.

Ponder would have gone late 1st IMO anyway.

Lots of QBs being reached for.

Locker at #8 was a shock to people, but he would have been taken by the Skins or Vikes 2 or 4 picks later.

I like Locker more than Newton or Gabbert, FWIW.

pauldrulez 29-04-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
I like Locker more than Newton or Gabbert, FWIW.

Can't argue with you at all on that one.

In all Jon Gruden's QB Camp shows, Locker came out of them the best.

If he hadn't stayed the extra year, he would have been top 5 and competing with Bradford for #1 overall.

He's got a good fit in Tennessee. You got Kenny Britt and Chris Johnson. Lets see what other weapons they can add for him.

oz_da II 29-04-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
I like Locker more than Newton or Gabbert, FWIW.

Agreed, they guy has plenty of heart. Getting pounded whilst playing for a poor Huskies team will probably benefit him greatly. I'm not sure Newton knows exactly how difficult his job is going to be... Will be interesting to see how he handles it all when he realises it.

saxoneagle 29-04-2011 01:44 PM

So, where are Young, McNabb and Kolb heading?

One has to go to Arizona although they might as well hold out, suck badly and get Luck.

Palmer wants out of Cincy. I can see McNabb there. I could see Palmer at the Skins, too, but not as likely.

Elway seems keen on Tebow in Denver so Orton could find himself as backup or on the way out.

We could be looking at 10 teams with new QBs for Week1 compared to last year Week1.

oz_da II 29-04-2011 01:45 PM

Got to feel for Blaine Gabbert a little bit. He's not got a lot to work with at the Jackasses.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.