CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 10-11-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gingerob
in my work fantasy league I have my usual Vick or Cam choice. What do people think for this week?

Trade Vick for somewhere you are week on the roster and stick with Newton.

When Vick is on form, he's excellent. When he's off, he's tragic. There's no inbetween.

You'll get great value for Vick as well.

See what you can get.

And a reminder for all in the Picks League and Fantasy Leagues.

First game is TONIGHT!

ardeo 10-11-2011 09:53 PM

Yay sitting watching nfl network with a beer, looking forward to the game tonight, although knackered already!

Vince Hilaire's Afro 10-11-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Yay sitting watching nfl network with a beer, looking forward to the game tonight, although knackered already!

My wife works Sunday, Monday, Tuesday nights. She often has to sleep during the day Sunday, and leaves about 6:15pm, leaving a lot of Sunday available for NFL enjoyment. Then of course, Monday night football.

But Thursday, no. Tonight I will probably have to go to dinner with her and have sex, whilst at the back of my mind I'll know that Palmer and Rivers are conducting a six-pick shootout of epic proportions.

pauldrulez 10-11-2011 10:10 PM

That is about as much information as we needed to know.

Cheers VHA.

And thankfully, you said wife. With your adventures into the Away Fans End, at least the Brighton fans haven't turned you yet ;)

Vince Hilaire's Afro 10-11-2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
And thankfully, you said wife. With your adventures into the Away Fans End, at least the Brighton fans haven't turned you yet ;)

No, I don't think I have particularly wormed my way into their affections for some reason.

jazman 10-11-2011 11:13 PM

Sanchez flinching like a girl when he was in the WR position at the snap ... Lots os LOLs

pauldrulez 10-11-2011 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
No, I don't think I have particularly wormed my way into their affections for some reason.

It's that Dunk guy. He sneaks into people's nightmares and breaks their legs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Sanchez flinching like a girl when he was in the WR position at the snap ... Lots os LOLs

And then he goes after the CB when he isn't looking... and gets a holding penalty.

Heroic Sanchez, just heroic.

saxoneagle 11-11-2011 02:32 AM

In Colorado. Game starting... wife wants to go for dinner. Guess I'll have to miss the first half.

saxoneagle 11-11-2011 05:46 AM

Great play from Rivers again! :clown:

oz_da II 11-11-2011 05:56 AM

Adios Norv. :hi:

pauldrulez 11-11-2011 09:03 AM

Guess who benched Denarius Moore for Josh Cribbs.

This Guy :hi:

peagle 11-11-2011 10:43 AM

Quote:

Your display pic is fitting :D

peagle 11-11-2011 10:48 AM

Just taken a big decision, think I'm benching Welker this week. Gonna be biting my nails hoping that one comes off! (though I'll probably bottle it before game time!)

oz_da II 11-11-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peagle
Just taken a big decision, think I'm benching Welker this week. Gonna be biting my nails hoping that one comes off! (though I'll probably bottle it before game time!)

Greg Jennings and Calvin Johnson are your other receivers?

124 yards last time he played them.

oz_da II 11-11-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

I too have Denarius Moore sitting proudly on my bench. :clown:

Eric Decker will want to have a big game...

pauldrulez 11-11-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

The Jets have never been able to stop Welker.

I think even with Cassel as QB, he had 16 receptions or something insane like that.

I, am considering (baring in mind how awful my team has been), picking up Ocho Cinco.

I really like the guy and unlike Fat Albert, he's really trying hard to pick up the system.

jazman 11-11-2011 01:11 PM

I also had Moore sitting on my bench too. How many of him are there??? ;)

peagle 11-11-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
Greg Jennings and Calvin Johnson are your other receivers?

124 yards last time he played them.

Megatron, Laurent Robinson and Steve Breaston and I brought in Fred Davis to the option slot when I took Wes out. Just looking at the match-ups, all those guys have good opponents whereas I'm a bit worried about the PAtriots offence v the Jets. Am leaving Gronk in though as I think he gets lots of catches as Welker is taken out of the game. We'll see, I still have time to change it.

pauldrulez 11-11-2011 03:20 PM

Quote:

Megatron, Laurent Robinson and Steve Breaston and I brought in Fred Davis to the option slot when I took Wes out. Just looking at the match-ups, all those guys have good opponents whereas I'm a bit worried about the PAtriots offence v the Jets. Am leaving Gronk in though as I think he gets lots of catches as Welker is taken out of the game. We'll see, I still have time to change it.

Don't use the Chiefs #3 WR ahead of the Pats #1. Revis or not, Welker will get catches out of the bunch formations.

I would look at Chad, Taylor Price (if healthy) and the 2 TE's for big weeks though.

Pats offense will change this week, time to look deep.

pauldrulez 11-11-2011 11:07 PM

Watching the Rrrraiders @ Chargers game now.

Really finding myself wanting the Raiders to win games.

Which is a strange feeling.

And I said Carson Palmer would work out at Oakland eventually. Give it time.