CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 16-11-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
What's gone wrong with the Phins in the last few Ben?

Things seemed to be going quite well, Tannehill was marshalling the offence and the defence was being solid. Then you seem to have just fallen off a cliff on both sides of the ball.

I made a bold prediction, somewhere, that the Jets would finish bottom of the East, so could do with Phins picking it back up again.

I can answer that!

Tannehill started for my Fantasy team in one of our leagues since the rapist is injured.

jazman 16-11-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
Our O couldn't move a shopping trolley.

Quote of the season.

Other than the annual 'Philly for the SB' but that has become tiresome and just plain ridiculous ;)

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 16-11-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Quote of the season.

Other than the annual 'Philly for the SB' but that has become tiresome and just plain ridiculous ;)

:rolleyes: .....................:moo: :D

jazman 16-11-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
:rolleyes: .....................:moo: :D

You know it to be true ... :cool:

Benzhiyi 16-11-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

What's gone wrong with the Phins in the last few Ben?

Things seemed to be going quite well, Tannehill was marshalling the offence and the defence was being solid. Then you seem to have just fallen off a cliff on both sides of the ball.

I made a bold prediction, somewhere, that the Jets would finish bottom of the East, so could do with Phins picking it back up again.

Domino effect from two injuries, really:

- Bush gets crocked against the Jets, hasn't run hard since coming back. Maybe a mental thing, maybe he's carrying the knock, who knows.
- Tannehill gets hurt in the return Jets game, looks an entirely different player in the two since. Again don't know if it's a physical or mental thing, but something's not right.
- Because the coaches know that Tanny isn't right, they've started trying to protect him by adjusting the playbook. Everything is a running play or a short throw to Bess/an RB. As a result, it's 3 and out after 3 and out. We didn't have a single offensive play in the opposition half last night until the third quarter.
- Because the O can't stay on the field, the D is constantly gassed and looks utterly demoralised. A short week after it had been pounded on Sunday probably didn't help last night.

None of that should be used an excuse by the coaching staff, though. Miller and Thomas have shown that they can shoulder the RB load: if something is wrong with Bush, give him a week or two off. Similarly Tannehill. Moore isn't much of a drop off in terms of ability, and if you don't have confidence that RT can make the throws for whatever reason, don't put him out there.

BLUE BOY 16-11-2012 06:06 PM

Seahawks vist Miami next Sunday, this is just the sort of game the Seahawks will stink it up in and get Miami back on the right track!

saxoneagle 16-11-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

- Bush gets crocked against the Jets, hasn't run hard since coming back. Maybe a mental thing, maybe he's carrying the knock, who knows.
- Tannehill gets hurt in the return Jets game, looks an entirely different player in the two since. Again don't know if it's a physical or mental thing, but something's not right.
- Because the coaches know that Tanny isn't right, they've started trying to protect him by adjusting the playbook. Everything is a running play or a short throw to Bess/an RB. As a result, it's 3 and out after 3 and out. We didn't have a single offensive play in the opposition half last night until the third quarter.
- Because the O can't stay on the field, the D is constantly gassed and looks utterly demoralised. A short week after it had been pounded on Sunday probably didn't help last night.

None of that should be used an excuse by the coaching staff, though. Miller and Thomas have shown that they can shoulder the RB load: if something is wrong with Bush, give him a week or two off. Similarly Tannehill. Moore isn't much of a drop off in terms of ability, and if you don't have confidence that RT can make the throws for whatever reason, don't put him out there.

Boo hoo :sob:

:afro:

Benzhiyi 16-11-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Boo hoo :sob:

:afro:

Was analysing (and criticising!), not complaining.

pauldrulez 16-11-2012 06:33 PM

Yeah, almost as bad as the Patriots who had 8 injured inactives and had to IR Dowling when we came to London...

;)

Funk Butter 16-11-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Was analysing (and criticising!), not complaining.

Don't you mean criticizing? :p

Benzhiyi 16-11-2012 07:20 PM

I was blaming the coaches for their bad decisions after the injuries, not the injuries themselves.

Can any of you Patriots actually read or does every sentence look like 'Tom is God and the whole world is against us'?

Funk Butter 16-11-2012 07:21 PM

Don't know what anyone else is complaining about, the Falcons lost their best defensive player in the first game.
http://i54.tinypic.com/fmto39.jpg

Benzhiyi 16-11-2012 07:22 PM

:D

ardeo 16-11-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Cheers Ben, do you still think the Phins are moving in the right direction, as expectations overall before the start of the season were so low? Tannehill certainly seemed to be doing a lot better than expected as a rookie and Bush was managing to repeat his performances from last year.

Also think those injuries shouldn't be scoffed at by others, any team has their qb and rb injured will see a drop off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benzhiyi
does every sentence look like 'Tom is God'?

To me they do :p

Benzhiyi 16-11-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Cheers Ben, do you still think the Phins are moving in the right direction, as expectations overall before the start of the season were so low? Tannehill certainly seemed to be doing a lot better than expected as a rookie and Bush was managing to repeat his performances from last year.

Yeah, definitely. New coaching team, young roster, rookie QB, total dickhead GM.

Other than the latter, I'm happy with how things are progressing. Would have taken 6-10 going into the season and we're just about on track for that.

pauldrulez 16-11-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

I was blaming the coaches for their bad decisions after the injuries, not the injuries themselves.

Can any of you Patriots actually read or does every sentence look like 'Tom is God and the whole world is against us'?

You realise I was taking the piss?

Or did you leave the sarcasm detector at work?

jazman 16-11-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

They've had me believing the whole world is against them. Is it not then? :eek:

Benzhiyi 16-11-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
You realise I was taking the piss?

Of course! :p

(And ditto.)

LLCOOLSTEVE 18-11-2012 08:18 PM

cowboys lol

jazman 18-11-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
cowboys lol

Not even halftime yet. Not worried .....