CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Latvian Eagle 13-01-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLUE BOY
Atlanta still have 1,600 tickets left for tonights game.........whats that all about! :eek:

Because no one wants to go and watch a team of Hillbillies! :o

SteveyHawking 13-01-2013 01:43 PM

Good to see Pats fans still have an unhealthy obsession with Peyton Manning regardless of who he plays for.

pauldrulez 13-01-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
Good to see Pats fans still have an unhealthy obsession with Peyton Manning regardless of who he plays for.

At least the game had some sort of relevance to our team rather than the Fire Andy brigade. Of course, the Eagles chat has died in here again as we enter January :o

Brady > Manning all time. Playoff record > Regular season record. Playing outside > in a dome.

BLUE BOY 13-01-2013 02:07 PM

I see that Seahawks DC Gus Bradley is front runner for the Eagles job, i'm surprised by this and not sure its a good job for a rookie HC!

SteveyHawking 13-01-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
At least the game had some sort of relevance to our team rather than the Fire Andy brigade. Of course, the Eagles chat has died in here again as we enter January :o

Brady > Manning all time. Playoff record > Regular season record. Playing outside > in a dome.

This is the NFL thread so all aspects of the game are mentioned as far as I'm aware. The Eagles are still relevant at the moment as they are going through half the HCs in college football and getting rebuffed. It will be interesting to see who ALL the teams without a HC go for IMO.

Everyone knows Brady is better than Manning. That is not a revelation.

SteveyHawking 13-01-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLUE BOY
I see that Seahawks DC Gus Bradley is front runner for the Eagles job, i'm surprised by this and not sure its a good job for a rookie HC!

I like Bradley and would be pretty pleased with him getting the Eagles job. It looks like the Eagles will go for a Co-ordinator as HC as they did with Andy Reid as I can't see Lovie Smith getting the position. I'd imagine it'll be out of Bradley, Jay Gruden, Mike McCoy or at a push Bruce Arians.

Bradley at 2 minutes 13 seconds on this video shows the guy doesn't take any crap and in the second you can see he's got a great philosophy which should hold him in good stead if and when he does get a HC job.

peagle 13-01-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking

It's not just about Peyton, I want our players to be recognised as the best. Therefore when I felt TB was disrespected in the All-Pro (and therefore certainly MVP) voting I wanted it emphasised that he deserves it. One way for that to happen is for the other guy to lose.

Personally I'm hoping that not getting that vote has the same effect on TB and he comes out and has a first half like he did against Denver last year and throws 5 TDs and the game is dead and buried.

davematt 13-01-2013 03:44 PM

Can't see past a Patriots win tonight; the other game is not as simple to call.

SteveyHawking 13-01-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peagle
It's not just about Peyton, I want our players to be recognised as the best. Therefore when I felt TB was disrespected in the All-Pro (and therefore certainly MVP) voting I wanted it emphasised that he deserves it. One way for that to happen is for the other guy to lose.

Personally I'm hoping that not getting that vote has the same effect on TB and he comes out and has a first half like he did against Denver last year and throws 5 TDs and the game is dead and buried.

IMO the top two QBs in the league this season have been Rodgers and Brady. Manning has had a good season but I'd say he got into the AP team more for sentimental reasons having missed the whole of last season.

Latvian Eagle 13-01-2013 04:03 PM

Manning got into the AP purely because Denver were number 1 seed in the AFC.

Brady is still a cock though! :o

pauldrulez 13-01-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davematt
Can't see past a Patriots win tonight; the other game is not as simple to call.

If Watt has a better game, and Gronk's arm doesn't hold up, it could affect the gameplan.

Falcons struggled against Cam Newton and the option game. Wilson is arguably a better thrower of the ball than Cam was too, especially in the first game.

And if the Falcons win, what is Kaepernick going to do to them?

SteveyHawking 13-01-2013 07:31 PM

My 4 year old niece just said "#2 Matt Ryan is a dumbohead". Not gonna argue after that thrown turnover whilst in good position. Lynch with a spot of fumblitis won't help the Seahawks in return.

jazman 13-01-2013 07:40 PM

Those two games last night were tremendous. Everything us fans love about the sport. Denver and the Ravens trading blows and then the Niners and Pack. Special mention to Kapernick. Those crazy legs going full pelt were amazing to see ... Harbaugh looks quite the genius.

Tonights two games have so much to live up to ...

saxoneagle 13-01-2013 07:43 PM

That catch from Gonzalez was brilliant. Great awareness of where the line was.

SteveyHawking 13-01-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Those two games last night were tremendous. Everything us fans love about the sport. Denver and the Ravens trading blows and then the Niners and Pack. Special mention to Kapernick. Those crazy legs going full pelt were amazing to see ... Harbaugh looks quite the genius.

Tonights two games have so much to live up to ...

Yep, both great games. I reckon it'll be the Falcons & Pats getting through to the Championship games tonight. Hopefully they'll be good games.

saxoneagle 13-01-2013 07:47 PM

Seahawks defense must've thought they were playing the late game today...

SteveyHawking 13-01-2013 07:47 PM

Mini beast mode from Rodgers!

pauldrulez 13-01-2013 08:14 PM

Hey Richard...

U Mad Bro?

jazman 13-01-2013 08:16 PM

Interesting rumour is that the only reason Kiffin has joined the Cowboys is because Gruden is to take the HC job :eek:

SteveyHawking 13-01-2013 08:27 PM

Potential blowout on the cards here. The Seahawks will need to improve tenfold in the second half to make this one competitive.