CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Strathclyde Eagle 15-09-2007 12:58 AM

Have stuck with the Steelers as my survival pick, although I'm slightly concerned that the Jills will be up for this one for Everett. I'd still sooner take a big favourite at home for this.

Grim Reaper 16-09-2007 10:47 PM

Colts and Pittsburgh both win

That's me and you through, Tony.

Anyone else???

Grim Reaper 16-09-2007 10:48 PM

Don't care who wins - just need Dallas and Miami to serve up over 41 points.

3-3 after 1 quarter isn't exactly on a Cleveland-Cincy pace!!!

Benzhiyi 16-09-2007 11:30 PM

Fins sloppy at the moment. Green needing two attemps to spike the ball was ridiculous.

Chester 16-09-2007 11:44 PM

6 touchdown passes for Palmer and the Bengals lose

:bash:

Strathclyde Eagle 16-09-2007 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Benzhiyi
Fins sloppy at the moment. Green needing two attemps to spike the ball was ridiculous.
It's worse than sloppy Ben, it's amateurish. Since when did Zach Thomas become our only dependable tackler?

And I wish the fans in Florida would stop complaining about missing a home game due to the game at Wembley. That's the only way the game could have any kind of advantage for us, otherwise Dolphin Stadium would be full of Giants fans.

Think I might pass on the second half to prevent myself from breaking something.

jlmatthews 16-09-2007 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chester
6 touchdown passes for Palmer and the Bengals lose

:bash:

To that high powered Cleveland Browns offense :D

It will take them the next month and a half to tally that many points, again.

Chester 16-09-2007 11:54 PM

Ridiculous. Summed up perfectly with the catch by the Browns defender with the last play.

Grim Reaper 17-09-2007 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Grim Reaper
Don't care who wins - just need Dallas and Miami to serve up over 41 points.

3-3 after 1 quarter isn't exactly on a Cleveland-Cincy pace!!!

3rd quarter has given me hope.....something the Jets are unable to do tonight. :(

Grim Reaper 17-09-2007 12:26 AM

According to nfl.com MInnesota have scored FOUR points in the 3rd quarter!

That's one hell of a feat!

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season...&game_id=29220

Benzhiyi 17-09-2007 12:29 AM

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! Another stupid penalty on a punt gives them great field position, then we give 'em two turnovers on consective drives. Shit, shit, shit.

Grim Reaper 17-09-2007 12:48 AM

One more TD will do it in this game!

Just someone score so I can go to bed!

Strathclyde Eagle 17-09-2007 12:49 AM

Browns-Bengals ended 51-45. First time a game has ended with that scoreline since... I'm sure Grim can tell us. :)

I'm not watching the Jets-Fins game next week. I'm not watching any sport at all next weekend in fact.

Strathclyde Eagle 17-09-2007 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Grim Reaper
According to nfl.com MInnesota have scored FOUR points in the 3rd quarter!

That's one hell of a feat!

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season...&game_id=29220

Got excited for a second that a team had scored two safeties in a quarter. No such luck. Every chance that could happen this year for an opponent playing the Dolphins though.

Grim Reaper 17-09-2007 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Browns-Bengals ended 51-45. First time a game has ended with that scoreline since... I'm sure Grim can tell us. :)

I'm not watching the Jets-Fins game next week. I'm not watching any sport at all next weekend in fact.

As I write it's quite conceivable that the AFC East will be 1-7 tomorrow morning.

Can the Jets AND the Dolphins lose next week! I'm sure they would if they could on current form!!! :eek:

Grim Reaper 17-09-2007 12:58 AM

Christ, Jets convert a 4th & 7!!

Grim Reaper 17-09-2007 12:58 AM

You watch, Dallas will run down the clock and my o41 bet will fall just short

Grim Reaper 17-09-2007 12:59 AM

Errr no, TO scores as I press Submit on that last post!!! Hurrah!!

Grim Reaper 17-09-2007 12:59 AM

TOUCHDOWN JETS!!!

Grim Reaper 17-09-2007 01:01 AM

Classic, dropped TE Chris Baker from my Fantasy team and replaced him with.....








....you're gonna love this....














.....I didn't do my research....





.......I only had $1m left on my last player....








....KEVIN EVERETT



And guess who's just scored for the Jets


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.