CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

jazman 06-03-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Welker can have 372 catches next year

Is there a typo there? ;)

jazman 06-03-2009 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
When Dallas of all teams, cuts someone for being a cancer, then you know something is wrong.

Not to mention his drops...

We seemed to have turned into the Raiders at some stage in the last few years ... :D

pauldrulez 06-03-2009 02:02 PM

Yeah, it should have said

Owens can have 372 drops next year ;)

pauldrulez 06-03-2009 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
We seemed to have turned into the Raiders at some stage in the last few years ... :D

I was shocked that the Raiders had no interest :D

jazman 06-03-2009 02:03 PM

:D

jazman 06-03-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I was shocked that the Raiders had no interest :D

But training camps will have a big say if he is not taken by then. If a number 1 WR gets injured then that may force a team to take a look at him ...

pauldrulez 06-03-2009 02:07 PM

True that.

People have suggested Saints although I think they said they have no interest.

New Orleans should not go for him because they do not have a leader. Someone who can bark at Owens, get him to shut up.

He needs a Baltimore (Ray Lewis) type team who have a leader who will kick his ass into shape.

saxoneagle 06-03-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
You think he'd last the year?

It's amazing though when you think about it. Someone of those statistics being cut by a team means he must be a whole lot of trouble and really not worth the hassle ...

Not to mention cutting he is costing Dallas MORE in cap space!

:moo:

saxoneagle 06-03-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Although, him and Moss can spread the field and Welker can have 372 catches next year ;)

I hate this more than the Ray Lewis rumours and he was one guy I really didn't want alongside Jerod Mayo.

Then you are a tool. Lewis would've been f*cking awesome for the Pats in an area we need help and leadership outside of an aging Bruschi.

pauldrulez 06-03-2009 02:14 PM

Possibly, but I'd rather continue what was happening last year with Bruschi in on first down, with Gary Guyton in on passing downs. The D looked good when this was going on.

Then, we lost Woods and Bruschi and Guyton ended up out of position with Seau in the middle.

I think our biggest need is OLB. We have no-one. I still like Conor Barwin from Cincy and would take him at #34 if not #23.

Lewis would have been great for the Pats, but I dont like him, and I also see Mayo as the key guy this year. He is the signal-caller with Vrabel gone.

Only he is on all 3 downs in that LB corps especially with the way Thomas was in and out last year at times.

ardeo 06-03-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Eagles fans.

Greg Lewis?

Good enough for 3rd WR, or just a battle in Camp at the Pats.

All I know his name from is the TD in the SB.

He's ok, although if you're not seeing much of the ball as a receiver at Philly got to wonder why. Probably not good enough to be 3rd WR at the Pats.

saxoneagle 06-03-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Possibly, but I'd rather continue what was happening last year with Bruschi in on first down, with Gary Guyton in on passing downs. The D looked good when this was going on.

Then, we lost Woods and Bruschi and Guyton ended up out of position with Seau in the middle.

I think our biggest need is OLB. We have no-one. I still like Conor Barwin from Cincy and would take him at #34 if not #23.

Lewis would have been great for the Pats, but I dont like him, and I also see Mayo as the key guy this year. He is the signal-caller with Vrabel gone.

Only he is on all 3 downs in that LB corps especially with the way Thomas was in and out last year at times.

So, you wouldn't want us signing one of the best defensive players in the league because YOU DON'T LIKE HIM?

FFS, at least my reason for not wanting TO has nothing to do with his ability or my dislike for him - it's his cancerous attitude. If Lewis was like that, I'd say fair enough but we have no reason to not want a player that good playing for us. None. He would be an immediate upgrade to the whole D, something which wobbled pretty badly at times last year, showing we had no depth after a few injuries.

The handing over of the tool crown is complete. Jaz is no longer Tool king.

pauldrulez 06-03-2009 02:37 PM

Why do we need him?

We are supposed to be getting younger on Defense.

Not older.

Mayo and Guyton are the future.

And also the fact that Lewis and Adalius Thomas hate each other has something to do with it.

And $8m a year he wanted in FA from other teams.

No way does he get that. Not for someone who will be 34 come Training Camp.

saxoneagle 06-03-2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Why do we need him?

We are supposed to be getting younger on Defense.

Not older.

Mayo and Guyton are the future.

And also the fact that Lewis and Adalius Thomas hate each other has something to do with it.

And $8m a year he wanted in FA from other teams.

No way does he get that. Not for someone who will be 34 come Training Camp.

Awesome. When Thomas or Bruschi gets injured we can always give 59 year old "Junior" Seau a call...

pauldrulez 06-03-2009 02:48 PM

The same Seau who probably gets $800k rather than $8m?

I forgot we also have a 3rd round pick who happens to be a LB called Shawn Crable.

And 4 draft picks in the top 60 with another 2 likely in the top 100.

I'm pretty sure LB is a big enough need to have one of the Hybrids picked at 34 or even 23.

And on 3rd down passing plays, Tank Williams was the guy who was going to drop in as Coverage LB, if re-signed he'll be there as backup as well as Safety.

Last years Baltimore LBs that I would take at the Patriots:
Bart Scott = No.
Ray Lewis = No.
Terrell Suggs = Bingo, we have a Winner. Young, gifted and Talented. All you need for our D.

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 06-03-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Eagles fans.

Greg Lewis?

Good enough for 3rd WR, or just a battle in Camp at the Pats.

All I know his name from is the TD in the SB.

Paul,

Here is your answer:lux: :lux: :lux: :lux: Bye Greg!!!

saxoneagle 06-03-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
The same Seau who probably gets $800k rather than $8m?

All-down starter vs a 5th choice backup? Good comparison.

Yes, Paul, we have some good young players but we need experience around them and Lewis is one of the best LBs in the game.

Anyway, moot point as he has re-signed and I'm not arguing with you anymore - I fear you'll wear your keyboard out from all the copying and pasting :p

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 06-03-2009 03:18 PM

Paul,

From philadelphiaeagles.com - forum

some quotes,

joloj58
03/06/09
8:20 am ET I liked the guy for what he's worth. He is a little too small, he almost looks fragile. I'm surprised he never collapsed under the weight of his shoulder pads

Sportsfan31789@...
03/06/09
3:54 am ET glad hes gone, he can go fumble a punt return an lose a couple of games for the Pats

senhorcook@...
03/06/09
1:11 am ET I have to put my two cents worth in about this trade. All I can say is............FINALLY! Lewis (Alligator Arms) drove me crazy! He's a 5th or 6th string WR at best. Good

washingtont@...
03/05/09
8:41 pm ET i love it another loser(Greg Lewis) off the roster! Can we please get rid of Reggie Brown now????

wynmngn
03/05/09
5:46 pm ET I like the move with G Lew. I've always liked Lewis but we barely use him and there aren't enough roster spots, especially if we draft a WR, or trade for one. So at least we got something for him. This gives us more ammo in the draft. We can be flexible and move

What's the betting he scores the winning touchdown against us in the next Superbowl :p

pauldrulez 06-03-2009 03:26 PM

I guarantee he gets nowhere near a return this year.

Hobbs/Slater/Welker and Faulk cover them for us depending on the situation.

I think he is there as a Special Teamer a bit like some of our guys are right now. Last year there were a lot of players in the 53 that could have been classed as just that, ST. Hmmm, TO wouldn't be a bad 3rd WR ;)

nookiebear 06-03-2009 05:59 PM

Interesting article on how to manage the salary cap if people have time to kill.

It explains how the Skins are actually $11m under the salary cap at the moment despite signing Fat Albert, Hall and Dockery and our new punter Dirk Johnson

I think 'cap hell' is a myth - teams always find a way to get what they need

http://www.thehogs.net/content/index.php?id=1178


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.