CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Strathclyde Eagle 04-04-2009 01:24 PM

The NFL shop doesn't hang around:
http://nfl.imageg.net/graphics/produ...p5768442dt.jpg

jazman 04-04-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDSdaEAGLE
Cutler has a fat chin. Fact.

No surprises that Burress has been released by the Giants either. Big player, big trouble.

This will test the Cowboys ... :D

jlmatthews 04-04-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benzhiyi
McDaniels will be done in two years.

Be surprised if he makes it that long. He's really stuck his neck out there for a first time head coach. I feel like this first year is going to be make or break for him...

saxoneagle 04-04-2009 06:45 PM

Broncos to go 5-11 with Orton. Marshall will miss a large proportion injured. Broncos to pick up a decent QB in the 2010 draft (hopefully McCoy so I have someone worth watching!)

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 05-04-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman

:lux: :p Top dog Jazman, I like your style!!!! :D

nookiebear 05-04-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

You just know they won't be easy to resist :)

elliott 05-04-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Why does everyone think that Sanchez is a great QB? USC got where they were last year on defence and playing against a weak PAC 10. The whole reason Sanchez declared this year is because all the good QBs (especially Bradford) are coming out NEXT year.

I don't rate Sanchez (or Stafford). Admittedly, I didn't see much of USC last year.

PAC10's bowl record this year?

Andre Smith looked dreadful. 19 reps on the bench? That's pants! He just looks like a massive fatty.

saxoneagle 05-04-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott

Andre Smith looked dreadful. 19 reps on the bench? That's pants! He just looks like a massive fatty.

That might be true, but have you seen him play? He was excellent in the drills and if he's serious about a pro career, conditioning won't be a big deal - he needs to drop 15-20lbs and turn another 15-20 into muscle. With his footballing skills, he could be a week 1 starter, even as a massive fatty (which I 100% agree with).

Strathclyde Eagle 05-04-2009 11:04 PM

Daft question - are Sky showing the draft live?

jazman 06-04-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Daft question - are Sky showing the draft live?

I think they did last year ... nit sure about this time around, would suspect so unless this NFL/UK Tv issue thing rears it head again ...

pauldrulez 06-04-2009 01:44 PM

Right now, no-one knows as far as I know.

They are showing Total Access still, but I would have liked to have seen the Path to the Draft programmes and things like that.

We really do need the NFL Network over here, but with the advertising issues, who knows.

Btw, they also show the draft online.

jazman 06-04-2009 02:02 PM

Am I right there is a NFL Total Access every day as we don't get them all if that's the case

pauldrulez 06-04-2009 02:41 PM

You are correct. Once a day, but I think 2/3 are shown a week.

pauldrulez 06-04-2009 03:43 PM

I have this weird feeling that Brady Quinn will end up a Bronco.

My reasoning:
Educated in a JMD-type system,
They have 2 QBs at Cleveland,
There were rumours that Mangini wasn't in love with either QB that he had.
The Broncos now have that extra 1st that they can send Cleveland's way.

So, I conclude. Number 18 will be winging its way to Cleveland unless Denver trade up to get Sanchez, but since that could involve trading both picks to get up to #3 or #4, you might as well give one pick to Cleveland instead of two picks to someone else.

Funk Butter 06-04-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Not as good as mine. Unfortunately, those schmucks at the NFL Shop won't let me order this:
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...67_5768163.jpg

saxoneagle 06-04-2009 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I have this weird feeling that Brady Quinn will end up a Bronco.

My reasoning:
Educated in a JMD-type system,
They have 2 QBs at Cleveland,
There were rumours that Mangini wasn't in love with either QB that he had.
The Broncos now have that extra 1st that they can send Cleveland's way.

So, I conclude. Number 18 will be winging its way to Cleveland unless Denver trade up to get Sanchez, but since that could involve trading both picks to get up to #3 or #4, you might as well give one pick to Cleveland instead of two picks to someone else.

Wow Paul, did you dream that up all by yourself or did you happen to read any of the million articles published on the same topic in the past week? :rolleyes:

elliott 06-04-2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

I think they did last year ... nit sure about this time around, would suspect so unless this NFL/UK Tv issue thing rears it head again ...

Sky currently haven't signed a contract with the NFL for next year.

Things are very up in the air I believe

elliott 06-04-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Wow Paul, did you dream that up all by yourself or did you happen to read any of the million articles published on the same topic in the past week? :rolleyes:

:eek: :rolleyes: :p

pauldrulez 07-04-2009 08:15 AM

Well, I didn't read it on NFL.com, mainly because I got banned from commenting.

All I done was call Mayock a "Kiper-copying jackass" which they took exception to.

I don't like Espn as the website is badly designed.

So i'm left with what I see on my Windows Sidebar headlines. Which is very little.

What I found out from the Boston Globe is that Wes Welker and Greg Lewis have been catching passes from Brady.
The Boston Herald tells us that guards tried to shoot people at Brady's wedding.
Nice to see there is only one homer paper.

nookiebear 07-04-2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Well, I didn't read it on NFL.com, mainly because I got banned from commenting.

All I done was call Mayock a "Kiper-copying jackass" which they took exception to.

I don't like Espn as the website is badly designed.

So i'm left with what I see on my Windows Sidebar headlines. Which is very little.

What I found out from the Boston Globe is that Wes Welker and Greg Lewis have been catching passes from Brady.
The Boston Herald tells us that guards tried to shoot people at Brady's wedding.
Nice to see there is only one homer paper.

You got banned from NFL.com? LOL