CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 23-06-2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Nunn
You cheeky so & so! :moo:

Woof Woof - Go Brownies!!! :p

:angel: Woof woof to you and all!!!;)

nookiebear 23-06-2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
Accepted :) As previously stated they are the least odious of the Axis of Evil!!! :D ;)

I will take that as a compliment. :) interesting topics going on over at the Redskins boards. Someone has posted a link to a Giants forum thread where a load of fans think the Skins have the best WRs in the BEast. Ironic as the Skins had such a poor passing offense last season

But it does make me wonder how Romo and Eli will get on without their weapons... No Plax, TO, etc. Santana Moss and DeSean Jackson are the only standouts now

EagleSE24 23-06-2009 10:18 AM

I've completely lost touch with the NFL in recent years. Can someone let me know what the Bears chances of reaching the playoffs are this year?

How much of an impact will Jay Cutler make?

nookiebear 23-06-2009 11:15 AM

Cutler - not as much as he had in Denver. Not many weapons to throw to, and the Bears will run it a lot more than the Broncos

Swanny32 23-06-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nookiebear
I will take that as a compliment. :) interesting topics going on over at the Redskins boards. Someone has posted a link to a Giants forum thread where a load of fans think the Skins have the best WRs in the BEast. Ironic as the Skins had such a poor passing offense last season

But it does make me wonder how Romo and Eli will get on without their weapons... No Plax, TO, etc. Santana Moss and DeSean Jackson are the only standouts now

Amazing really how people are considering DeSean Jackson to be one of the stand out WR's in the whole of the NFL, let alone the Beast when last season, although good for a first season, wasn't a regularly hit WR and I think scored 1 TD all season, should have been 2 if he hadn't dropped the ball in celebration a mear cm from the endzone against the Cowgirls! Good things ahead hopefully, I just hope he can live up to the expectation and handle the pressure.

nookiebear 23-06-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Amazing really how people are considering DeSean Jackson to be one of the stand out WR's in the whole of the NFL, let alone the Beast when last season, although good for a first season, wasn't a regularly hit WR and I think scored 1 TD all season, should have been 2 if he hadn't dropped the ball in celebration a mear cm from the endzone against the Cowgirls! Good things ahead hopefully, I just hope he can live up to the expectation and handle the pressure.

It's deffo because there's no TO, Plax or Toomer. New York and Dallas are weaker at Wide Receiver. It'll be interesting to see how good Romo and Eli are without those big, safe hands to throw to.

Also, as has been said on here many times, Wide Receivers normally develop after the first year. Santana Moss only got something like 40 yards in his first season at the Jets, and even Jerry Rice was very quiet first time round

Jakson had a great first season - no reason to think he won't continue to learn and develop. He could be really special

The theory with Washington, and I agree, is that at least one of our three second round picks at from last season (WRs Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly and Tight End Fred Davis) will flourish this season. if two of them do, it's game on.

the smart money is on Thomas, although Kelly is so tall he could be a great red zone threat if his dodgy knees hold up

If that takes the pressure off Moss and Cooley, the Skins could actually not come last this season in the BEast :lux:

ardeo 23-06-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

He did set a franchise record for a rookie WR in yardage in his first year!

Did you see that his father died of pancreatic cancer recently? Will be interesting to see how he copes with that. I hope it will spur him on to cut out the silly stuff and concentrate on making catches and scoring TDs.

ardeo 23-06-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

If that takes the pressure off Moss and Cooley, the Skins could actually not come last this season in the BEast :lux:

Dallas to come last :lux:

In fact my prediction is:

Giants 10-6 (4-2)
Eagles 10-6 (4-2)
Redskins 9-7 (3-3)
Cowboys 8-8 (1-5)

nookiebear 23-06-2009 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Dallas to come last :lux:

In fact my prediction is:

Giants 10-6 (4-2)
Eagles 10-6 (4-2)
Redskins 9-7 (3-3)
Cowboys 8-8 (1-5)

I predict

Eagles 10-6 (3-3)
Giants 9-7 (3-3
Redskins 9-7 (3-3)
Cowboys 8-8 (2-4)

ardeo 23-06-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

I predict

Redskins 9-7 (3-3)

SNAP!!! :lux:

Swanny32 23-06-2009 04:54 PM

I daren't predict, always has a habit of back firing on me! I have high expectations for my beloved Philly but I have the same high expectations of my beloved Palace, and look where that has got us/me!

ardeo 23-06-2009 04:56 PM

We should of been 10-6 last year, had it not been for the stupid draw, and i think we are better offensively this year, but worse defensively, with a slightly tougher schedule, but should do better in divisional games, hence 10-6.

Swanny32 23-06-2009 05:07 PM

I said it a couple weeks ago and I'll say it again, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at our defense this year.

jazman 23-06-2009 05:10 PM

I didn't see that one coming fellas ... Let's just wait and see shall we ... :)

ardeo 23-06-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

I said it a couple weeks ago and I'll say it again, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at our defense this year.

I replied then as i will now - Dawkins is a massive loss and we have a fairly young and inexperienced secondary. I reckon we'll be ranked 8-12 rather than 4 last year :(

Swanny32 23-06-2009 05:35 PM

I think the only thing we'll miss from Dawkins is the commitment level to the team, he was the one guy you could rely on to rally the troops, bash some heads together if we were playing bad and ALWAYS sung along to the fight song. He was and always will be an Eagles fan through and through but there are plenty of guys out there, some of who are on our roster who can do the same job if not better on the pitch.

ardeo 23-06-2009 05:39 PM

Quote:

I think the only thing we'll miss from Dawkins is the commitment level to the team, he was the one guy you could rely on to rally the troops, bash some heads together if we were playing bad and ALWAYS sung along to the fight song. He was and always will be an Eagles fan through and through but there are plenty of guys out there, some of who are on our roster who can do the same job if not better on the pitch.

As a player not so much as you say, but as the leader of the defence, especially when things weren't going right will be sorely missed. Personally I think he got 5% or so extra out of everyone else on defence. It's also possible/ likely that we'll be without Jim Johnson for the start/some/all of the season. Anyways, where do you think we'll rank roughly?

Swanny32 23-06-2009 05:54 PM

Offensively - Top 5
Defensively - Top 5
We'll win the division, or come bloody close to it behind Eli and his band of gay men.
Unfortunately I think we'll fall at the final hurdle as we did last season and I'll be forced to watch my first ever high definition Superbowl in a bitter and pissed off mood as I did last season, what made it worse last season other than the fact it wasn't in HD was that I watched it with Scotch, who as you know, is a Steelers fan. Oh how I cheered when Fitgerald scored that TD late on.

ardeo 23-06-2009 06:01 PM

Agree with you offensively pretty much, maybe 3-6.

Will have to have a big conference game party this year then Chris :)

Swanny32 23-06-2009 06:09 PM

Well depending on what Jayne's plans are on and around Superbowl I'm sure we'll have another get together at mine for it. We daren't drink though as we'd be asleep by half time, Coffee, Pepsi and a multitude of smoke breaks all night long! I'll add you to the guest list.

Going to try my hardest to get tickets for Superbash though as that looks like great fun.