CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

nookiebear 23-06-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
I didn't see that one coming fellas ... Let's just wait and see shall we ... :)

:D

It wasn't intentional, honest :D

I just think it'll be even more of an even match in the NFC BEast and Philly and the Redskins have upgraded more than the Cowgirls and Giants...

And I think the Skins' offense will surprise a few people this season...

jazman 23-06-2009 08:06 PM

Check out JJB Sports Store Online ... http://www.jjbsports.com/productsear...ry=00181120679

They have NFL jersies for 15 at the moment with minimum 3.99 delivery. I'm a little miffed as they have the shirt that I got last season for near on 50 ...

They only have the top sides;
Bears
Cowboys
Dolphins
49ers
Redskins

;) :p

Swanny32 23-06-2009 08:52 PM

Quote:

Check out JJB Sports Store Online ... http://www.jjbsports.com/productsear...ry=00181120679

They have NFL jersies for 15 at the moment with minimum 3.99 delivery. I'm a little miffed as they have the shirt that I got last season for near on 50 ...

Bears
Cowboys
Dolphins
49ers
Redskins

Hopefully this means that they might get in a regular stock of jerseys eventually.

nookiebear 23-06-2009 09:02 PM

They have Jason Campbell jerseys in a small. How do their sizes work?

jazman 23-06-2009 09:15 PM

I have a large Cowboys one and it's too big for me really, a medium or even a small would have worked for me better I think. And I normally buy medium to large clothes in the UK.

nookiebear 24-06-2009 09:52 AM

I am either small or medium normally so small should be fine. Wish they had Cooley though. Campbell might be gone this time next year.

ardeo 24-06-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Bears
Cowboys
Dolphins
49ers
Redskins

Surprised no Pats or Giants shirts, no surprise no Eagles :(

pauldrulez 26-06-2009 04:02 PM

I'm back :hi:

Who missed me?

Going back to what was said above.

JJB were selling 8 shirts in all the stores and online at the start of the season.

Patriots(Brady), Eagles(McNabb) and Giants(Manning) shirts are all sold out across the country whereas the other (less good) teams still have theirs available.

pauldrulez 26-06-2009 04:19 PM

And a new guy has taken over the blogs on NFL.com since it looks like Schefter has officially left.

Jason La Canfora (ex-Redskins beat journalist) Basically, he has followed the Steve Wyche route except Wyche came from Atlanta instead.

Schefter must be starting on ESPN soon then since all his old blogs have been removed.

nookiebear 26-06-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
And a new guy has taken over the blogs on NFL.com since it looks like Schefter has officially left.

Jason La Canfora (ex-Redskins beat journalist) Basically, he has followed the Steve Wyche route except Wyche came from Atlanta instead.

Schefter must be starting on ESPN soon then since all his old blogs have been removed.

JLC was hated by Redskin fans. His gossip rarely turned out to be true and he had too many agendas.

pauldrulez 26-06-2009 06:08 PM

I had a google of him after I read his blog, did he rip the coaches of the Skins, it wasn't Snyder, but I can't think of the guys name who he was arguing with.:confused:

pauldrulez 26-06-2009 06:21 PM

^^^Vinny Cerrato^^^

-------------------

Mr. Kraft is in London drumming up some more publicity for Wembley, but gave an interesting tidbit on why he didn't purchase Liverpool.

Quote:

Robert Kraft, one of the most influential and successful men in North American professional sport, said yesterday that he had drawn back from buying Liverpool in 2005 because of the unregulated finances of top-level European football.

The owner of the New England Patriots, who have won the NFL’s Super Bowl three times this decade, and the New England Revolution of Major League Soccer, Kraft felt that the constant upward spiral of transfer fees and wages that favours a few wealthy clubs was a deal-breaker. A salary cap – common in American sport and an aim of Michel Platini, the Uefa president, would have changed his mind.

“I wanted to do it,” he said. “I met with David Moores [the former Liverpool owner], who is a fine gentlemen, and we came very close to buying it, very close. But in the end, my instinct was - not without a salary cap. If a salary cap come to the English Premier League, I’d buy a team in a minute.”

"If we’re playing by the same rules, then it’s not just about who has the most money,” he said. “Green Bay, Kansas City or Arizona – who went to the Super Bowl last year – have to believe that they can win. In the Premier League you can see that there will always be a few teams that are dominant, and I don’t know that it’s fair to the passionate fans in the other cities."

Strathclyde Eagle 27-06-2009 10:55 AM

Erm, Chad, I think you've had better ideas.

http://my.thescore.com/scoreblog/arc...cho-cinco.aspx

N.B. Chad's Twitter feed was the first thing that alerted me to the Michael Jackson news. Odd.

pauldrulez 27-06-2009 11:00 AM

Chad is quite funny in there.

I sent a tweet to Ocho Twatto and TO saying if they really want to pay their respects to MJ, they should take a white glove out of their sock and moonwalk when they score their first TD of the year.

Strathclyde Eagle 27-06-2009 10:18 PM

So no doubt the NFL will penalise and fine them. :rolleyes:

pauldrulez 28-06-2009 01:40 PM

Unfortunately that would probably be true

Swanny32 29-06-2009 10:16 AM

Went to watch the Colchester Gladiators yesterday, highly recommend making the trip to see them. They went 7-0 for the season with a 28-16 win over the London Olympians. 4 to get in, 4 for a greasy burger and chips, couple of beers and really enjoyed myself. It made me appreciate the NFL a lot more though as I think the Gladiators QB threw about 2 maybe 3 passes all game, it was just running play after running play but they had a Marion Barber type running back who just ploughed his way through the defence, so why not? Both teams throwing game was just so below average, but apart from that it's a good afternoon out.

elliott 29-06-2009 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Went to watch the Colchester Gladiators yesterday, highly recommend making the trip to see them. They went 7-0 for the season with a 28-16 win over the London Olympians. 4 to get in, 4 for a greasy burger and chips, couple of beers and really enjoyed myself. It made me appreciate the NFL a lot more though as I think the Gladiators QB threw about 2 maybe 3 passes all game, it was just running play after running play but they had a Marion Barber type running back who just ploughed his way through the defence, so why not? Both teams throwing game was just so below average, but apart from that it's a good afternoon out.

Matt, the Glads DC is a Palace fan.

I'd certainly recommend going to watch it if you can. The Glads and the two London teams are doing very well at the minute.

It's normally a really nice day in the sun.

www.bafl.org.uk has schedules for teams.

Swanny32 29-06-2009 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliott
Matt, the Glads DC is a Palace fan.

I'd certainly recommend going to watch it if you can. The Glads and the two London teams are doing very well at the minute.

It's normally a really nice day in the sun.

www.bafl.org.uk has schedules for teams.

My brother told me that someone to do with the Gladiators was a Palace fan, does he post on here?

nookiebear 29-06-2009 03:27 PM

I'd be up for going to one of the London games maybe.

I see the London Blitz play. I met a young fella who plays QB for their youth teams yesterday. Just finished his GCSEs. He's a Jets fan and reckons Brady is overated :D