CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Swanny32 24-07-2009 12:12 AM

Ok , I'm getting inpatient now.

Swanny32 24-07-2009 12:50 AM

So we might as well join in the debate everyone seems to be talking about right now........Michael Vick.

Will he be allowed to continue playing? And if he does where will he go?

jazman 24-07-2009 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Being a Philly fan I'm obviously a massive Westbrook fan and love watching him play, he is the main reason why I became an Eagles fan and agree that run plays are important and still exciting, like I said in my original post. I like the tactical side of running plays.

Kind of the same here but with Emmitt Smith ... I enjoy the running game more as Romo seems to cock up th epassing more often than not :D

The Vick issue. I don't recall him to be fair so I've been trying to catch up on it, as he played for the Falcons in the period when I lost some interest in the game. Some are saying that he is a great QB but could return as a RB? Has quite an all round game.

I say he has done his time and paid his deby to society. The thing about whether he is truly remorsful about his wong doing only he will truly know. I see the point about making him sweat and for the commish to see if he in the right frame of mind ... but I say let him back in and see who wants to take him on.

pauldrulez 24-07-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

So we might as well join in the debate everyone seems to be talking about right now........Michael Vick.

He should be allowed to carry on playing.

I think he may end up a Patriot since everywhere I look, someone is mentioning them as a possibility.

Wouldn't shock me to see him as a Bengal or a Raider (god forbid he takes Andrew Walter's spot).

Won't play in NY, both teams ruled themselves out of the running.

Other team rumoured alongside NE was Miami.

jazman 24-07-2009 09:37 AM

Ravens and Bucs were mentioned last night as well ... but sources close to Ravens denied any interest.

oz_da II 24-07-2009 09:38 AM

Quote:

A lot of players have done a lot worse.

Surely if Ray Lewis can play, anybody can play?

jazman 24-07-2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II

Agreed. :p

pauldrulez 24-07-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II

^

What he said

pauldrulez 24-07-2009 10:30 AM

Bored at work, no sod has turned up to help so i'm running around answering phones.

End this sentence:

You know you are waiting for the football season to start when you are desperate for the beginning of Training Camp.

Swanny32 24-07-2009 10:43 AM

......when you keep refreshing the Eagles homepage expecting something to have changed after only 2 minutes since your last refresh!

Swanny32 24-07-2009 10:44 AM

I think Vick will end up at the Raiders, that's were all criminals and has beens end up isn't it?

jazman 24-07-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Bored at work, no sod has turned up to help so i'm running around answering phones.

End this sentence:

You know you are waiting for the football season to start when you are desperate for the beginning of Training Camp.

... when you keep chopping and changing your fantasy football team starters and checking the site constantly waiting for something to happen ..

pauldrulez 24-07-2009 01:23 PM

Quote:

I think Vick will end up at the Raiders, that's were all criminals and has beens end up isn't it?

The Bungals?

Swanny32 24-07-2009 01:24 PM

Yeah, can also see him at the Bengals, I couldn't tell you who their QB is off the top of my head so he can't be that great!

jazman 24-07-2009 01:30 PM

I think the Bucs is a great shout ...

Swanny32 24-07-2009 01:30 PM

Just out of interest, what was it that Ray Lewis did that was so bad?

pauldrulez 24-07-2009 01:31 PM

Carson Palmer :hi:

And the Bucs collect QBs like it's going out of fashion. So wouldn't surprise me.

pauldrulez 24-07-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Just out of interest, what was it that Ray Lewis did that was so bad?

Murder

jazman 24-07-2009 01:36 PM

Alledged?

pauldrulez 24-07-2009 01:37 PM

Yeah, that's the one....