CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

jazman 21-09-2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I would have said nothing if it wasn't for the shot in the earlier post. :)

That wasn't a shot ... just the truth .. :p

pauldrulez 21-09-2009 10:22 AM

If he hadn't put

Cowboys looking like serious contenders.

I would have left it alone again. :D

Neil 21-09-2009 10:25 AM

Get in - a win!

Take that Chefs!

pauldrulez 21-09-2009 10:27 AM

:D

Both defenses looked alright in the bits I saw. Seymour is a big help for Oakland.

Until he gets hurt ;)

Neil 21-09-2009 10:29 AM

Was talking with my brother over the weekend and we decided that any game that we only lose by less than six is counted as a win.

We're 2-0 baby!

jazman 21-09-2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

If he hadn't put

Cowboys looking like serious contenders.

I would have left it alone again. :D

I agree. It is no disgrace losing to the Giants who look so organised and experienced ... Just a few mistakes lost us the game ... which we can learn from this early in the season. They mentioned that the Saints have so many weapons on offence but I think we have as well especially when we start using the three RBs in different ways

pauldrulez 21-09-2009 10:38 AM

As long as Barber stays healthy. He left the game early with an injury. But I saw him on the bench when Tynes was getting ready to kick.

I wish i'd played Felix this week in my FF teams. Last week he got 2 points. If he hadn't had the fumble this week, he would have had 16 or 17.

I'm bricking it next week against the Falcons. We couldn't cover Keller and Cotchery. How the hell can we stop Turner, cover White, Gonzalez and the rest of their options.

We're screwed.

Beckenham Boy 21-09-2009 10:42 AM

Usual chargers, involved in a high scoring game as they can score well but cannot defend for toffee.

sLlll 21-09-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

I would have said nothing if it wasn't for the shot in the earlier post. :)

Nice to see I still have the touch. You do remember that the Pats are my AFC team (and my family are from New England so that seemed a good compromise :D )

Admit it though Paul, the Pats are looking proper s hit ;)

sLlll 21-09-2009 12:39 PM

"Take away a couple of poor throws and this game is looking a little one sided." Commentator on SNF.

17 points in turnovers in the first half. Take those turnovers away and we looked the Daddy LOL!

Romo still liking a little choke. He'll develop. I predict us taking the game at Giants Stadium just to readdress the balance :p

sLlll 21-09-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
I agree. It is no disgrace losing to the Giants who look so organised and experienced ... Just a few mistakes lost us the game ... which we can learn from this early in the season. They mentioned that the Saints have so many weapons on offence but I think we have as well especially when we start using the three RBs in different ways

Did you catch it Jazman? A great game really, even if we lost :sob:

jazman 21-09-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sLlll
Did you catch it Jazman? A great game really, even if we lost :sob:

Yes, skimmed through it while eating breakfast this morning. Was almost late running my son to school .. :o

Agreed, great game ... I like what we have got and we will win more than we lose this season ... playing two TE's they found very tough to handle ... and that big pass down the middle to Crayton (was it?) that was called back for a flag?? Tough ...

I don't actually feel like we have lost ... weird feeling but it's true

Swanny32 21-09-2009 01:11 PM

How did Crayton look, did he get many passes aimed in his direction?

jazman 21-09-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
How did Crayton look, did he get many passes aimed in his direction?

Actually I think it was Roy Williams who got down the middle but called back for a flag ...

As I mentioned above, it was great to see us use quite a range of players. I know the Saints have a great range about them but I really do think we have something very similar ... I've been impressed with Crayton so far ...

Swanny32 21-09-2009 01:30 PM

well he better score me some more bloody points then!

jazman 21-09-2009 01:43 PM

I'm sure he will as the season goes on ...

Latvian Eagle 21-09-2009 02:39 PM

Kolb didn't look that bad really did he!?

jazman 21-09-2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
Kolb didn't look that bad really did he!?

I didn't think so, just the defence struggled yesterday ... but against a very good offence ...

Swanny32 21-09-2009 03:32 PM

Kolbs stats glossed over the fact that he threw a handful of poor passes, a couple of which cost us heavily, then of course it was left to Ellis Hobbs and the return unit to screw it all up and make a hard task virtually impossible.

Brees looked unstoppable though, regardless of what people think, we have a good defensive unit at Philly but Brees breezed (excuse the pun) through them last night. Having said that I don't think our D was on song last night and Samuel, usually so reliable, had a shocker.

Our OL didn't do enough to protect corn on the Kolb and resulted in him taking some big hits and losing valuable yards in turn making his job harder. In fairness he probably had a good game but I really think Garcia/Vick should play some part on Sunday against the Chiefs should McNabb not be passed fit. Vick is 3rd on the depth chart which I find ridiculous, I know he is going to be rusty, I know he isn't the greatest QB in the world but the guy has 3 pro bowls under his belt, is very good rolling out and for me, in general is better than Kolb. Kolb will probably start against the Chiefs and hopefully it'll be more his level of game rather than an on fire Saints side, will be interesting to see if he can make anything of his opportunity or whether Andy Reid will finally lose patience with him and stick Garcia or Vick in

ardeo 21-09-2009 03:52 PM

Kolb did OK, and made some good passes, but when we really needed him he didn't get it right. The first pick he threw at the start of the second half killed the game, in fact he was fortunate that was the first pick as should have thrown one in the red zone at the end of the 1st half. Another red zone pick at the end of the match, to add to the one he threw against the ravens last year, just doesn't convince me he is ever going to have the big game big moment mentality that top end qbs need. He's still better than Delhomme though, and probably could do a decent job for a lower end team in a couple of years.