CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Strathclyde Eagle 11-01-2010 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddiscombeEagle
:lux: :lux: :lux: :lux:

Ray Lewis and the boys I love you, what a performance that was. The energy in that first quarter compared to the Pats was unbelievable. To do that in the Pats own place is brilliant, loved every minute of that. Our much maligned secondary came to the party and Ray Lewis playing like that at his age is something to cherish. What a player.

:p

Hope you enjoyed that. I think most of us (Paul included, to a degree) can appreciate what it is like to finally see your team play up to their potential.
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
They can't cover either.

And they don't have a pass-rush.

And they struggle to stop the run.

That's one hell of a defense :D

I've been to the University of Florida*, I can help sell tickets.

* Actually the Mrs & I stopped in Gainesville on the way back to Orlando, but that's not the point.

sLlll 11-01-2010 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
What are you, 5 years old? I have never spoken to anyone so pathetic and idiotic on a forum. Grow up. No wonder people are putting you on ignore!

Is there an ignore function? You better learn how to use it. Not very bright are you :D

Swanny32 11-01-2010 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sLlll
Is there an ignore function? You better learn how to use it. Not very bright are you :D

Riiiiight!

On your advice, I have learnt how to use the ignore function and will now put my new skills into practise.

sLlll 11-01-2010 12:22 AM

Quote:

Riiiiight!

On your advice, I have learnt how to use the ignore function and will now put my new skills into practise.

You touchy, cry baby :sob: knob :o

pauldrulez 11-01-2010 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddiscombeEagle
:lux: :lux: :lux: :lux:

Ray Lewis and the boys I love you, what a performance that was. The energy in that first quarter compared to the Pats was unbelievable. To do that in the Pats own place is brilliant, loved every minute of that. Our much maligned secondary came to the party and Ray Lewis playing like that at his age is something to cherish. What a player.

Classy response on twitter Paul, "bombing the Ravens bus and calling Lewis a murderer". I think a simple "well played Ravens, you tore us apart" would have sufficed.

Roll on next Saturday.

I send out hundreds of death threats a week, I wouldn't take it seriously.

I do stand by my Ray Lewis comment though.

I dislike the Ravens now. A lot more than I used to. The attitude on the sideline to the fans left a bad taste in my mouth. Kelley Washington who was nothing but a 5th WR on our team who caught 1 ball in 3 years giving stick to the fans. Real classy

I like watching the Ravens, but if your offense plays like that vs the Colts, they'll win by 30. Flacco was pretty horrible. It did come to something when at one point he had a lower Passer Rating that Brady who had thrown 3 INTs at that point.

Ray Rice - 3rd best Running Back in the NFL. CJ2K, All Day Peterson, Ray Rice.

Let's hope he doesn't have a Matt Forte style fail next year.

Get a couple of Receivers and you'll be an offensive juggernaut next year.

pauldrulez 11-01-2010 12:25 AM

And Tony, Steve (if I can call you by your real names, Straths/Addiscombe)

Think yourselves lucky you aren't an Eagles or Cowboys fan and are not involved in ridiculous fights and arguments.

AddiscombeEagle 11-01-2010 12:26 AM

:D Don't worry I wasn't taking it seriously, I have read a lot of them.

Swanny32 11-01-2010 12:27 AM

Quote:

And Tony, Steve (if I can call you by your real names, Straths/Addiscombe)

Think yourselves lucky you aren't an Eagles or Cowboys fan and are not involved in ridiculous fights and arguments.

LOL, if only you knew Paul.

oz_da II 11-01-2010 12:28 AM

Quote:

I don't post anywhere as near or often as most of you do. I've only been signed up to the BBS for 2 NFL seasons, I was here when we lost to Silly last year.

and in those two seasons have you ever posted any insight into the NFL, posted anything remotely interesting or posted anything remotely amusing?

ardeo 11-01-2010 12:30 AM

Hmm impressed by Cardinals, just picked apart Packers so easily. Not sure where it has all gone so right for them, but it does seem a case of htem just completely out playing the Packers. Running it well, receivers getting open, pressure on rodgers, getting turnovers.

Not any better than last year really so its difficult to see them going a step further, but wouldn't count them out from reaching the big one again on this display. Can see them turning over the saints easily enough anyway.

Although Packers aren't completely out of this one yet.

sLlll 11-01-2010 12:30 AM

AC tearing up GB. This one is over IMHO. I can't believe this lot made us look so bad when we lost to them.

Swanny32 11-01-2010 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardeo
Although Packers aren't completely out of this one yet.

Dare to put some money on it?

sLlll 11-01-2010 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
and in those two seasons have you ever posted any insight into the NFL, posted anything remotely interesting or posted anything remotely amusing?

Oooooo. Are you a Philly fan too?

Didn't I say I predicted a few Superbowls for Tony Romo.

pauldrulez 11-01-2010 12:38 AM

Still think the Pack can win this.

Only need one turnover.

oz_da II 11-01-2010 12:41 AM

Quote:

Oooooo. Are you a Philly fan too?

Nope, just something I noticed...

pauldrulez 11-01-2010 12:44 AM

Clever, Headsup play there by Green Bay.

Very well executed by Crosby and the rookie (Underwood? can't remember)

Swanny32 11-01-2010 12:44 AM

Quote:

Clever, Headsup play there by Green Bay.

Very well executed by Crosby and the rookie (Underwood? can't remember)

Yeah, Underwood, caught me by surprise

ardeo 11-01-2010 12:45 AM

Quote:

Dare to put some money on it?

Already got some money on it thanks

pauldrulez 11-01-2010 12:50 AM

As I just tweeted.

Packers doing what the Pats couldn't.

Look at the weapons both teams had.

1st WR: Jennings = Moss
2nd WR: Driver > Edelman
3rd WR: Jones > Aiken
4th: Nelson > Slater

RB: Grant > All Pats RBs

TE: Finlay > Watson

If the Packers had the Pats O-Line, they'd be best team in the league.

Rodgers doing an amazing job with the Line he has.

ardeo 11-01-2010 12:52 AM

This is why i ddin't think it was definitely over, they have got some good weapons, Finley is absolutely immense. Hoping Ingram can be similarly good for us next season, presuming he's fit and ready after his knee troubles.

Loving a tight exciting game, finally! Still on for 37-34 ;)