CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 18-01-2010 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peagle
I have to be honest, I thought I hated a lot of things, but you sir, take the cake! A lot of VERY misplaced hatred there when it could be reserved for real scum like Millwall and the Yankees who are both class A TWAZZOCKS!

Hey The Yankees are arrogant but the Mets, Its a divisional thing.....I love my Phillies as much as the Eagles!!!

Re Slurrey - I think you have ansewered your own question mate!!!!!

Re Re Slurrey it's good banter - my son supports them - he was born at Mayday!!! :eek:

But it's all about degrees of dislike

I really only hate 4 teams

Clowntown
Millscum
Seaweeds
Scottish FA :)

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 18-01-2010 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Oh, add Carshalton to the Likes.

And Slutton to the Dislikes.

Hey Paul, I am surprised that Eric Mangini (Fail) is not on your list

As Dave would say "Woof Woof" Go Brownies!!! ;)

jazman 18-01-2010 11:17 PM

And I forgot to mention this last night but I didn't like the way the Vikings were rubbing it in our faces ... Brooking took huge exception to it and he should. That's not done in NFL. Last place I would expect to see. I'm sure there is banter on the field all the time ... the Vikes were called up for it once, can't recall if they were again as I was losing interest the longer it went on ...

jazman 18-01-2010 11:20 PM

Actually just read that Brooking took exception to them running up the score .. I don't have a problem with that personally ..

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 18-01-2010 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
The very same you were saying OUT to yesterday? ;)

THe Stoop, thats the one ... I may well take them on ... Will Carlings old team if I recall correctly ...

Out or in you can't ignore those 11 years - a bit like Favre in Green Bay, his best days are behind him and maybe the better accuracy of a Kolb is what we need rather than the long bomb all the time. I also think the fact he does not scramble as much means he is less effective!!!

But he is still a hero!!!! :p

oz_da II 18-01-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
My dislikes

Australian Beer

How can you dislike something you've never tried?

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 18-01-2010 11:26 PM

But if does stay I will support him!!!! I just think if we could get a first rounder + for him this would ultimately be for the benefit to the team!!

HTH :)

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 18-01-2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
How can you dislike something you've never tried?

As I said earlier BITTER and twisted me!!! :lux: :lux: :hi:

And no VB is not BITTER

;)

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 18-01-2010 11:31 PM

Castlemaine Four XXXX is XXXX!!! :vader: :moo:

Sorry I am not a lager man unless its Leffe or Budvar!!! ;)

oz_da II 18-01-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
As I said earlier BITTER and twisted!!! :lux: :lux: :hi:

And no VB is not BITTER

;)

That's not Australian beer.

That's the extract from our dishwater mixed in with a splatter of urine.

oz_da II 18-01-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
Castlemaine Four XXXX is XXXX!!! :vader: :moo:

See the VB ingredients and replace dishwater with sewerage.

jazman 18-01-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
Out or in you can't ignore those 11 years - a bit like Favre in Green Bay, his best days are behind him and maybe the better accuracy of a Kolb is what we need rather than the long bomb all the time. I also think the fact he does not scramble as much means he is less effective!!!

But he is still a hero!!!! :p

I agree, he has done more good than harm and a class act in the QB role but time is catching up with him. A move may get him an extra few seasons maybe as a starter ... just has Favre did last year and this ..

Just read a decent article about the Cowboys and the strides that they have made this season. Yes, the loss was a hard one but hey, we performed better than most thought we would this season. Add to that several break out players and the fact that Phillips looks like staying we could finally have something to really build on ... and the fact that there is (or is it maybe?) no salary cap next season that is something Jerry will be sure to test to the limit ...

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 18-01-2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
That's not Australian beer.

That's the extract from our dishwater mixed in with a splatter of urine.

What VB? (If yes I agree) If you mean English Bitter you need re-educating in the fine art of brewing!!!! :p

Name me some good Aussie beer then?

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 18-01-2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
I agree, he has done more good than harm and a class act in the QB role but time is catching up with him. A move may get him an extra few seasons maybe as a starter ... just has Favre did last year and this ..

Just read a decent article about the Cowboys and the strides that they have made this season. Yes, the loss was a hard one but hey, we performed better than most thought we would this season. Add to that several break out players and the fact that Phillips looks like staying we could finally have something to really build on ... and the fact that there is (or is it maybe?) no salary cap next season that is something Jerry will be sure to test to the limit ...

Hmmmmm not sure about no Salary cap - we don't want another lopsided league like the MLB and those damn Yankees and Mets :(

jazman 18-01-2010 11:37 PM

Did I read on here about Bears DE Gaines Adams death?

If not then RIP :(

oz_da II 18-01-2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
Name me some good Aussie beer then?

James Squire
Coopers
Cascade
Little Creatures
Boags

We keep the good stuff for ourselves. Mass export the shit.

jazman 18-01-2010 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
Hmmmmm not sure about no Salary cap - we don't want another lopsided league like the MLB and those damn Yankees and Mets :(

Jones also is expected to have some new rules to play by this offseason, a byproduct of there likely being no salary cap next season. Sure, there will be certain limitations -- but count on Jones to test the boundaries, especially with the dangling carrot of a Super Bowl at his $1.2 billion showplace.

Those are the exact words ...

And Phillips is coaching the NFC at the Pro Bowl :lux:

And a thought why I didn't particularly enjoy the draft pick this year. We didn't have one in the first or second rounds so thats a long time to wait ... we have a first round pick this time around ... unless we exchange it for another alligator arms ... :p

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 18-01-2010 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
James Squire
Coopers
Cascade
Little Creatures
Boags

We keep the good stuff for ourselves. Mass export the shit.

:lux: :lux: I will try and see if I can get hold of some and I will give you my revised analysis

Still can't beat a pint of Harveys Sussex or Fullers London Pride etc though :lux: :hi:

oz_da II 18-01-2010 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
And Phillips is coaching the NFC at the Pro Bowl :lux:

Did no one else want to do it?

pauldrulez 18-01-2010 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Jones also is expected to have some new rules to play by this offseason, a byproduct of there likely being no salary cap next season. Sure, there will be certain limitations -- but count on Jones to test the boundaries, especially with the dangling carrot of a Super Bowl at his $1.2 billion showplace.

But, you are one of the final 8 teams.

Therefore, you have to lose any contracts before you sign new ones. It's one in, one out. And it's on money, not amount.

Whoever wrote that article needs to look at the restrictions big time.

And the Pro Bowl Coaching is about as bad as it can get for big teams...


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.