CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   County Cricket 2021 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=283690)

Olympian2 08-06-2021 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE (Post 15830437)
Anyone know what will happen to Surrey's 3 T20 games starting the week 21st June if the lock down is extended? Will they have to be social distance events like the previous weeks games?

I suspect so. I’ve got tix for the SL ODI at the Oval on 1st July & received a mail from Surrey yesterday saying that the game is currently due to go ahead with capacity crowd but that that was dependent on Govt roadmap.

I’ve booked 25 tix for me & mates for the T20 game vs Middx on 25th Jun. I’ve started working out which 5 or 6 I love the most. We’ve all seen Sophie’s Choice, right?

ANDYEAGLE 08-06-2021 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 15830590)
I suspect so. Iíve got tix for the SL ODI at the Oval on 1st July & received a mail from Surrey yesterday saying that the game is currently due to go ahead with capacity crowd but that that was dependent on Govt roadmap.

Iíve booked 25 tix for me & mates for the T20 game vs Middx on 25th Jun. Iíve started working out which 5 or 6 I love the most. Weíve all seen Sophieís Choice, right?

25? No wonder they sold out. Not sure I even talk to that many people these days. So Surrey's most profitable 4 games could take a big kicking:)

Olympian2 08-06-2021 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE (Post 15830912)
25? No wonder they sold out. Not sure I even talk to that many people these days. So Surrey's most profitable 4 games could take a big kicking:)

LOL. I always arrange one Ďbigí T20 outing per year with family & friends. I think the record was about 48 a couple of years back. Itís often the only time I see some of them but it always nice to just have a catch up. Plus some of them bring a couple of their own mates etc.

Yeah, I bet Richard Gould is sweating a bit on the Govt announcement next week, although these days heís probably most interested in when Bristol City can get fans back at Ashton Gate...

RobertCPFC 09-06-2021 11:29 PM

For the first time this year Kent won. :eek::lux:

Batting first we started really well but fell away later in the innings ending on 176-6. I thought it was a good score but potentially a bit short.

Hampshire had a decent start in reply before Darren Stevens in his first T20 for Kent took a wicket with his first ball (but was possibly the wrong decision) before later on getting a second that definitely was out. Fred Klaassen had a poor first over but then took four wickets.

Tomorrow evening Middlesex play Surrey at Lord's. It's a 7pm start on Sky once the test match has finished for the day.

cappuccinoeagle 10-06-2021 07:55 PM

Both the Currans & Roy start for Surrey V Middlesex in the 2020 at Lord’s . Plus Gareth Batty is captain.

Olympian2 10-06-2021 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 15835347)
Both the Currans & Roy start for Surrey V Middlesex in the 2020 at Lordís . Plus Gareth Batty is captain.

I stuck a tenner on Middx at the innings break, after seeing Surrey had racked up 223....

eaglesheart 10-06-2021 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 15835442)
I stuck a tenner on Middx at the innings break, after seeing Surrey had racked up 223....

What odds did you get ?

Olympian2 10-06-2021 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaglesheart (Post 15835472)
What odds did you get ?

5-1. I couldíve cashed out for a profit until about 9 or 10 overs of the Middx innings. Good win in the end. Batty is a wily operator & interesting to see Dunn & Overton only bowl two overs between them. Plus Kyle Jamieson to come in....

desperado 10-06-2021 11:40 PM

Kyle Jamieson, even on a short contract, could be a good signing for Surrey.
Anything that reduces the chances of pie thrower Dunn (0-27 in 2 overs) playing in any form of the game in the first team is fine by me

Olympian2 11-06-2021 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desperado (Post 15835528)
Kyle Jamieson, even on a short contract, could be a good signing for Surrey.
Anything that reduces the chances of pie thrower Dunn (0-27 in 2 overs) playing in any form of the game in the first team is fine by me

Iím more excited about the fact that Jamieson will be available to play in the 2 CC games vs Hants & Somerset. Canít wait to see him with a red ball in his hand again.

spike 11-06-2021 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 15835347)
Both the Currans & Roy start for Surrey V Middlesex in the 2020 at Lordís . Plus Gareth Batty is captain.

I was worried that Surrey didn't have enough batsmen, but they seem to be going down the WI route of having everyone in the top-8 able to wallop the ball and not care if it would be a balanced side in first-class or even 50 over cricket.

Dobbo 11-06-2021 10:06 PM

Surrey won at a canter again tonight.
Will be a good side that beat them in T20 this summer if these players remain available.

Olympian2 11-06-2021 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike (Post 15836314)
I was worried that Surrey didn't have enough batsmen, but they seem to be going down the WI route of having everyone in the top-8 able to wallop the ball and not care if it would be a balanced side in first-class or even 50 over cricket.

Indeed. Roy, Jacks, Evans, Smith, Sam Curran, Overton, TC, Jamieson, Clark, Batty, Moriarty. Thatís bloody strong. I love that fact that Gareth Batty is still currently only going at 5.5/over at the age of 87...

Am going to 4 of the next 6. I think Iíll stick a fiver on Glammy to win on Monday....

ANDYEAGLE 14-06-2021 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobbo (Post 15837011)
Surrey won at a canter again tonight.
Will be a good side that beat them in T20 this summer if these players remain available.

A good start but still 12 games to go. If they can win two out of three of the Oval games this week we will be looking good. Batty and our two young spinners will be the key. Anything can happen in this form of Cricket.
Even Kent can win 3 in a row.:)

Olympian2 14-06-2021 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE (Post 15841228)
A good start but still 12 games to go. If they can win two out of three of the Oval games this week we will be looking good. Batty and our two young spinners will be the key. Anything can happen in this form of Cricket.
Even Kent can win 3 in a row.:)

Yeah, Iím looking forward to going to the game vs Glamorgan tonight. Also got tix for Sussex on Thurs but the forecast looks a bit dodgy, as it does for Friday (Hants).

ANDYEAGLE 14-06-2021 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 15841370)
Yeah, Iím looking forward to going to the game vs Glamorgan tonight. Also got tix for Sussex on Thurs but the forecast looks a bit dodgy, as it does for Friday (Hants).

Yes. My first visit to the Oval this year tonight. The weather does look a bit iffy for the end of the week. Be a shame if the games are affected. Going Thursday but gave my Hants ticket to a mate as I will be watching England v Jocks.

Olympian2 14-06-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE (Post 15841378)
Yes. My first visit to the Oval this year tonight. The weather does look a bit iffy for the end of the week. Be a shame if the games are affected. Going Thursday but gave my Hants ticket to a mate as I will be watching England v Jocks.

Me too, then back next Monday for Essex :p

ANDYEAGLE 14-06-2021 04:55 PM

Are we not even allowed to bring water into the Oval?

Maiden Eagle 14-06-2021 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desperado (Post 15835528)
Kyle Jamieson, even on a short contract, could be a good signing for Surrey.
Anything that reduces the chances of pie thrower Dunn (0-27 in 2 overs) playing in any form of the game in the first team is fine by me

Even better tonight......1 over for 20 runs !!

desperado 14-06-2021 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle (Post 15842252)
Even better tonight......1 over for 20 runs !!

Three games in the T20 Blast and three wins

Matt Dunn
v Glamorgan 0-20 (1 over)
v Somerset 1 - 21 (2 overs)
v Middlesex 0-27 (2 overs)

Bowled thirty balls and conceded 68 runs and keeps getting picked for the team
The opposition must look forward to seeing the team sheets


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.