CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Ashes 2021 - 4-0 (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=285220)

0.bj 29-12-2021 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philipw (Post 16179827)
it's not the class system imo - its the schools systems, particularly in city state schools where few still teach cricket and/or don't have a pitch.

The ECB doesn’t fund inner city state schools - any grassroots funding gets funnelled off to middle and upper class nowhere places like Newdigate.

There is a lot of kit to be bought and we have a government not funding education properly. They’re not going to spunk thousands on a cradle for catching practice when their textbooks are from the 1970’s.

Wolfnipplechips 29-12-2021 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chav_hater (Post 16179821)
The guy canít avoid a dig at people who went to public school in every post he makes - but good to see chip on shoulder/reverse snobbery alive and well.

Even your user name is a dig at people who didnít go to some poncy school where money brings advantage.

If you canít stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

crystaljim 29-12-2021 10:42 AM

A ray of sunshine out of all this.
Apparently you have displaced a certain Wuhan Street Market from the top spot, in the worst use of a bat category!
Congratulations!

Sorry couldn't help myself!

RazorsEdge 29-12-2021 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystaljim (Post 16180284)
A ray of sunshine out of all this.
Apparently you have displaced a certain Wuhan Street Market from the top spot, in the worst use of a bat category!
Congratulations!

Sorry couldn't help myself!

lol

Wolfnipplechips 29-12-2021 10:44 PM

Silverwood has tested positive and will miss the 4th test whilst isolating for 10 days.

Perhaps this is one of the positives he was talking about going forward.

cappuccinoeagle 30-12-2021 03:05 AM

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...cket-australia

sherstonpalace 30-12-2021 10:54 AM

I'd like to see James Vince given another opportunity in Sydney. He's playing in the Big Bash so he's acclimatised, and his numbers in the 2017/18 Ashes were Bradmanesque compared to our current openers: 85, 17, 80, 17 & 43 in his five knocks for an average of 48.

His test average is modest (25) but he's a better all-round cricketer than he was the last time he played red ball cricket for England.

art malice 30-12-2021 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 16181327)
Silverwood has tested positive and will miss the 4th test whilst isolating for 10 days.

Perhaps this is one of the positives he was talking about going forward.

It does, however, allow him to spend more time alone with data.

Aki Aki Aki 30-12-2021 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystaljim (Post 16180284)
A ray of sunshine out of all this.
Apparently you have displaced a certain Wuhan Street Market from the top spot, in the worst use of a bat category!
Congratulations!

Sorry couldn't help myself!

:D

I found the headline 'Need a rapid test ? Play the Poms' very good :p

crystaljim 30-12-2021 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aki Aki Aki (Post 16182168)
:D

I found the headline 'Need a rapid test ? Play the Poms' very good :p

:supergrin:

ANDYEAGLE 30-12-2021 01:28 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-ashes-debacle

Of course Anderson is right. We could start by scrapping the crap 100. Fat chance.

Olympian2 30-12-2021 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE (Post 16182279)
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-ashes-debacle

Of course Anderson is right. We could start by scrapping the crap 100. Fat chance.

Yep, spot on from Jimmy. The same comments have been made time & again on this site, too.

CamberleyEagle 30-12-2021 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherstonpalace (Post 16182164)
I'd like to see James Vince given another opportunity in Sydney. He's playing in the Big Bash so he's acclimatised, and his numbers in the 2017/18 Ashes were Bradmanesque compared to our current openers: 85, 17, 80, 17 & 43 in his five knocks for an average of 48.

His test average is modest (25) but he's a better all-round cricketer than he was the last time he played red ball cricket for England.

I agree and a potential captain if Root calls it a day. One of those players who has been messed around by the selectors.

0.bj 30-12-2021 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherstonpalace (Post 16182164)
I'd like to see James Vince given another opportunity in Sydney. He's playing in the Big Bash so he's acclimatised, and his numbers in the 2017/18 Ashes were Bradmanesque compared to our current openers: 85, 17, 80, 17 & 43 in his five knocks for an average of 48.

His test average is modest (25) but he's a better all-round cricketer than he was the last time he played red ball cricket for England.

The concern with Vince is he always looks so beautiful for his 20 before the flourish to gulley that is both a masterpiece of stroke-making and out.

0.bj 30-12-2021 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 16182318)
Yep, spot on from Jimmy. The same comments have been made time & again on this site, too.

Jimmy went to [cough] state school [/cough] :lux:

Wolfnipplechips 30-12-2021 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherstonpalace (Post 16182164)
I'd like to see James Vince given another opportunity in Sydney. He's playing in the Big Bash so he's acclimatised, and his numbers in the 2017/18 Ashes were Bradmanesque compared to our current openers: 85, 17, 80, 17 & 43 in his five knocks for an average of 48.

His test average is modest (25) but he's a better all-round cricketer than he was the last time he played red ball cricket for England.

Even Burns knows how to score 100 against the Aussies.

Wolfnipplechips 30-12-2021 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamberleyEagle (Post 16182365)
I agree and a potential captain if Root calls it a day. One of those players who has been messed around by the selectors.

I’d have like to be messed around by the selectors as often as he has.

Note “by” not “with.”

GTR 30-12-2021 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE (Post 16182279)
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-ashes-debacle

Of course Anderson is right. We could start by scrapping the crap 100. Fat chance.

Instead the chatter is already that the problem is too many mediocre counties playing too many 4 day matches.

RazorsEdge 30-12-2021 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 16182167)
It does, however, allow him to spend more time alone with data.

He might find the missing link in the master planÖ.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 31-12-2021 08:32 AM

Travis Head not playing. Covid contact.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.