CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

pauldrulez 23-04-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
Weatherspoon went at 19 to Atlanta. Some very solid players left. Reckon the 2nd round could be pretty interesting.

Erm, oops :D

It was late.

Arrelious Benn sneaks into the top 10 instead.

pauldrulez 23-04-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
First time in years that the Cowboys have had some excitement in the first round. Quite pleased with that pick as while most fans were quite happy with our WRs I think that one more would have given more options, and that's what has happened. Relatively pleased but Golden Tate is the man I had read we had interest in initially but was suggested as never going in the first round. I think we have three picks left now after trading up for Bryant.

Jerry made a great move.

Everyone on Twitter at the time, from Schefter to Mortensen to LaCanfora said the Ravens were taking Bryant.

Gives a legitimate option for Romo downfield. I think Austin is more of a slants/YAC guy, Bryant will do everything.

pauldrulez 23-04-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
Well they couldn't get any worse...

They could have gone 0-16 again tbh.

I think they'll be at the Bears level this year.

jazman 23-04-2010 10:11 AM

Having read what I can about the Cowboys pick I must say I'm pretty pleased. I don't know about anyone else but it always seems better when you team picks one of the glamour players first up like a QB, WR or RB ....

How was the first round in your opinion Paul? I am trying to read up first thing but working at the very same time ...

No suprise with the top pick it seems ... many turn up's elsewhere other than Tebow?

pauldrulez 23-04-2010 10:14 AM

Tyson Alualu at #10. The Jags are officially the worst drafting team in the NFL. This guy was a late second round pick.

Rolando McClain at #8. I don't like him as a player, but for the Raiders to pick someone decent, I like the pick.

Surprised that Clausen fell out of the first round.

Bulaga falling to the Packers at #23 was a shock.

Chargers trading up to #12 to get Ryan Matthews was ridiculous.

Apart from that, there were some trades and a few odd picks but made sense in the end.

jazman 23-04-2010 10:26 AM

I do think that we should draft an OL in the 2nd ... any suggestions?

SteveyHawking 23-04-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Erm, oops :D

It was late.

Arrelious Benn sneaks into the top 10 instead.

I'd probably put Daryl Washington sneaking into the top ten next best.

SteveyHawking 23-04-2010 10:32 AM

Quote:

Campbell and Saffold are the best two OL left in the draft but you'd have to trade up to get them as they'll be gone before 59. It'd have to be a player plus deal or a pick from next year though as you ain't got much ammo left in this year's draft. Apparently the OL is one of the deepest positions this year so someone like Charles Brown may be easier to go for.

jazman 23-04-2010 10:48 AM

Just thinking the fact that big bad Flozel has noe gone who will be replaced by the impressive Doug Free but not much else behind him. I think the OL that we drafted last year tore his pectoral muscle before the season started so unproven ...

pauldrulez 23-04-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

There are a lot of options at the varying positions.

You've got people like Asamoah and Ducasse who can be Guards or Centers.

Then you've got Campbell, Saffold and a few other decent prospects.

I'm praying the Pats trade up to get Kindle.

jazman 23-04-2010 11:01 AM

Was there any booing last night? :o

pauldrulez 23-04-2010 11:04 AM

When any AFC East or NFC East team was mentioned, especially the Pats, yes.

Alualu wasn't booed as much, but just lots of shock/anger from the 2 Jags fans there :D

jazman 23-04-2010 11:09 AM

You'd have thought that they would have made a big move this year in view of the fact that they are a franchise that could be on their way .. unless they have faced the fact?

Swanny32 23-04-2010 11:25 AM

Hanging today boys, respect to you lads that saw it out to the end, I think I got to pick 16 or 17 and was knackered.

I'm happy with our first pick Brandon Graham, I was really hoping for a Safety or CB to be honest but this pick makes sense, the first DE out means he must be one of the best, who needs a CB or a Safety when you have two top quality DE's rushing the QB, they'll never be able to get the ball away.

That being said I do hope we take a DB tonight, we really are desperate for one, failing that then a rock solid Linebacker good at shutting down the running game.

Very enjoyable last night though, not quite as enjoyable as watching it in Florida this time last year but I think this year it means more to me and makes more sense as well. Hopefully next year I'll know the players in the draft as I'm hoping to pay more attention to NCAA this year.

jazman 23-04-2010 11:27 AM

Don't you find though Swanny it's the time factor? Maybe it's because I follow so many sports rather than concentrating on less ... I'm more about the action rather than all the hype pre-season .. always have been.

Swanny32 23-04-2010 11:52 AM

I love everything about it fella, the draft is great fun, the feeling these guys must get when they hear their name must be indescribable, I'd love to be in their position.

Just watched the Bronco's pick of Tebow from after I went to bed last night, I hope he does well there and he is a great fit for them. Hopefully by the time they come to London he'll have worked his way to starter as I think he'll be better than what they have.

pauldrulez 23-04-2010 12:22 PM

Oh shit, I forgot about Tebow coming to London.

May well see Clausen coming to London yet.

I love the draft and it went really quickly yesterday.

Watching some of the players in tears on the phone and then hugging their family really makes it real to me.

Enjoyed the NFL Network Coverage. Though I think I finally have proof that Mayock is being fed the picks before everyone else. He didn't mention him at all during the run-up. Then just before the pick was made, he said Alualu. Then raved about him. I think he's the best analyst of the draft, but I think he's a fraud at times as well.

ardeo 23-04-2010 12:23 PM

I’m pretty pleased with drafting “Grahm” (as the commentators call him) having watched a couple of youtube clips this morning. He looks like he’ll provide a legitimate threat at the other end from Trent Cole, something with Parker couldn’t do and I am unconvinced Tapp could do. Also gives us plenty of chance to rotate and keep Cole fresh as well. Hoping Abiamiri can get fit and challenge as well. I’m hoping that by having two good DEs rushing the passer that we won’t have to do so many crazy arse blitz packages to get to the QB as we did last year.

Think we’ll go safety with our 37 (from the Skins) and then maybe an OL with our 50 something pick.

Sounds like Cowboys made a good move and got another weapon out wide 

Chargers suck balls, moving up to pick up a good-decent RB doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense from what I hear.

My semi-official second team the Seahawks despite having two picks didn’t do anything particularly exciting, although they have so many holes to fill its not surprising.

jazman 23-04-2010 12:29 PM

Seeing as the Chargers left LT go, surely it was a good decision to go RB?

Ardeo, I thought your second team was the Chargers? I can't keep up ... ;)

pauldrulez 23-04-2010 12:35 PM

True about Matthews.

They didn't need to trade up that high for him.

I doubt Miami take him there.