CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Vince Hilaire's Afro 13-10-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter
Btw, is John Parr the one who got amnesia at some point?

Yes.....no......not sure.....who are you again?

jazman 13-10-2011 09:50 PM

Cowboys v Patriots this weekend. Massive game.

Bring on the smack talk :lux:

This one I predicted as one of our three losses. The only one I have been wrong on so far is the Detroit game. But I hope I'm wrong again ;)

Austin and Bryant back fit again after the bye week. Hopefully Romo will be almost fit again and Witten should have lost the bruises that he has gained since the start of the season ...

pauldrulez 13-10-2011 10:01 PM

Wont be surprised to lose.

Picking 31-28 Patriots though.

If Rob Ryan is his usual self and gets more creative than his brother was, then the Cowboys will win because Brady will be hit way too much to find the Receivers.

This is our hardest game of the season for me. Bryant may be a beast, but Austin will be the one that has the huge game. Look at Vincent Jackson, same type of Receiver.

McCourty can manage Bryant downfield, but he will struggle tracking Austin across the field.

Tough, Tough matchup

peagle 13-10-2011 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Cowboys v Patriots this weekend. Massive game.

Bring on the smack talk :lux:

This one I predicted as one of our three losses. The only one I have been wrong on so far is the Detroit game. But I hope I'm wrong again ;)

Austin and Bryant back fit again after the bye week. Hopefully Romo will be almost fit again and Witten should have lost the bruises that he has gained since the start of the season ...

For the second week in a row I'm not very confident. This week our opponents are offensively a very strong side with a pretty clean bill of health and our defence still sucks. Worse still, it's a strong defence that can pressure Brady (the only way to stop him really) and that has had 2 weeks to scheme for us.

peagle 13-10-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
McCourty can manage Bryant downfield,

Can he?

jazman 13-10-2011 10:06 PM

I think that is one of the big things for the Lions game, Romo just didn't have the Austin or Bryant outlet .. they are his go to guys and that 2nd half just would not have happened as it did if they were fit.

jazman 13-10-2011 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peagle
For the second week in a row I'm not very confident. This week our opponents are offensively a very strong side with a pretty clean bill of health and our defence still sucks. Worse still, it's a strong defence that can pressure Brady (the only way to stop him really) and that has had 2 weeks to scheme for us.

You can count your blessings, your D-Line is not as bad as the Fillies ... :D :o

peagle 14-10-2011 03:17 PM

Brandon Llloyd has reportedly been put up for trade by the Broncos

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...trading-block/

Vince Hilaire's Afro 14-10-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Brandon Llloyd has reportedly been put up for trade by the Broncos

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...trading-block/

There was some talk of a complicated three way trade involving him going to the Panthers, Orton to Miami, Clausen to Denver or something. Just speculation though I think.

peagle 14-10-2011 03:30 PM

This is quality, Jackson says Rams will beat Packers Sunday:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

oz_da II 14-10-2011 03:34 PM

Not sure he says they will win. He expects to win. That's fair enough, if you don't expect to win you may as well not bother.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 14-10-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II
Not sure he says they will win. He expects to win. That's fair enough, if you don't expect to win you may as well not bother.

Like Albert.

pauldrulez 14-10-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Can he?

Yes, downfield, few passes have been completed on McCourty.

Marshall, Jackson and Johnson are all big threats across the middle. Big, fast bodies. The Raiders and Jets didn't complete passes deep on McCourty.

The passes completed on McCourty are when he's dragged across the field. And having no Safety help means he is against them 1 on 1. He's not Revis, I'd argue no Cornerback i've seen tape of is as good as Revis.

Bill will take Witten away, like he did with Gates and Keller. Focus on the biggest weapon and take it away 95% of the time.

pauldrulez 14-10-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
Like Albert.

^ And Fat Al admitted as much.

He's improving with every week in his limited snaps. Knocked Mangold on his ass on one snap last week.

peagle 14-10-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Yes, downfield, few passes have been completed on McCourty.

Marshall, Jackson and Johnson are all big threats across the middle. Big, fast bodies. The Raiders and Jets didn't complete passes deep on McCourty.

The passes completed on McCourty are when he's dragged across the field. And having no Safety help means he is against them 1 on 1. He's not Revis, I'd argue no Cornerback i've seen tape of is as good as Revis.

Bill will take Witten away, like he did with Gates and Keller. Focus on the biggest weapon and take it away 95% of the time.

Vincent Jackson? McCourty gave plenty up to him, pretty similar player to Bryant really. Not sure I agree with your analysis of MCCourty, he's just getting flat out beat at the moment, not been in the right position, not getting his head around and his hands up cause he's chasing receivers.

I think we will try and take Witten away but Gates has had a poor season and they've struggled to get the ball to Keller generally.

Hate to be so negative, I'm not always! Just think the cowboys are going to be tough.

pauldrulez 14-10-2011 08:54 PM

I said Jackson beat him... as did Marshall and Johnson.

Bryant is different to Vincent Jackson as well as Marshall and Johnson. Jackson is 6"6 and heavier than Bryant, better at using his body. Marshall is great across the field.

McCourty done very well on Holmes and Burress downfield. Mainly due to Sanchez's ineptness.

It's also now 6 games into the season, Belichick has stressed how the 1st 5 weeks of the season have been a training camp type week for the Rookies and 2nd years. There is no doubt that McCourty has improved since week 1 and 2 and i'd say the same of Spikes and Dowling too.

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 14-10-2011 09:30 PM

Cough cough cough ............. c'mon you Patriots ....... Cough cough cough :moo: :o :hi: ;)

ardeo 14-10-2011 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edenbridge Eagle In Exile
Cough cough cough ............. c'mon you Patriots ....... Cough cough cough :moo: :o :hi: ;)

This ;)

jazman 14-10-2011 11:52 PM

Apparantly we are bringing the kitchen sink with us to throw at Brady as well ... :)

jazman 14-10-2011 11:52 PM

Hold the back page .... Filly fans want the Pats to beat the Cowboys ... *yawn*