CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

SteveyHawking 17-10-2011 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flat Noodle
Nice TD by J Ford. 101 yards :p

I dropped him from my fantasy team. :sob: :clown:

Hedgehog 17-10-2011 02:25 AM

Another fake punt for The Raiders comes off - 2 weeks running.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 17-10-2011 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
This Cam Newton chap never fails to impress me. That running TD he justs scored, so quick and alert for a QB and not afraid of running.

For the first time this season, Cam did some things that made him look like a rookie in the second half. Carolina's worst game so far, but still nowhere near as bad as last year.

jazman 17-10-2011 11:27 AM

I have no idea how we lost that game.

That stoopid penatly by Spencer on the kicker was probably the biggest. We should never have been 3 and out with just over two minutes on the clock. You can't give Brady that even if he was having a poor game by his standards.

I have to admit, I lost complete interest and didn't watch the 2nd half after the events in Las Vegas.

Anyhow, handed a whipping to Paul in the fantasy league so I get my revenge in that way ... :)

pauldrulez 17-10-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

I have no idea how we lost that game.

That stoopid penatly by Spencer on the kicker was probably the biggest. We should never have been 3 and out with just over two minutes on the clock. You can't give Brady that even if he was having a poor game by his standards.

I have to admit, I lost complete interest and didn't watch the 2nd half after the events in Las Vegas.

Anyhow, handed a whipping to Paul in the fantasy league so I get my revenge in that way ... :)

Brady and Bill move to 2-0 vs the Ryans after a 1-3 last year.

Excellent.

And that last drive was the Brady of old. The Brady of 03 and 04. Hit the open Receiver, not the favoured receiver. I think he hit Gronk, Branch, Woodhead, Welker and finally Hernandez on the drive.

Who needs Brandon Lloyd anyway?!

Oh, and Ocho can do one.

LLCOOLSTEVE 17-10-2011 07:24 PM

Buccs staying here this week

http://www.pennyhillpark.co.uk/EXCLU...the_hotel.aspx

Wonering if its easy to get in to watch their training

Vince Hilaire's Afro 17-10-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE

Have you asked Bill Belichick?

Latvian Eagle 17-10-2011 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
For the first time this season, Cam did some things that made him look like a rookie in the second half. Carolina's worst game so far, but still nowhere near as bad as last year.

Cam looks like such an improvement on what we've had the last 2 seasons. I hope we can back him up with a team worthy next year. Shame so many of our Defensive line are injured, we could have made an impact this year.

What the hell has happened to Williams? That year we finished 2nd in the NFC and then got turned over by the Cardinals in the Play offs Williams and Stewart were tearing teams apart which was a surprise as most of the time before that year the Panthers were considered a pass first team.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 17-10-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
Cam looks like such an improvement on what we've had the last 2 seasons. I hope we can back him up with a team worthy next year. Shame so many of our Defensive line are injured, we could have made an impact this year.

What the hell has happened to Williams? That year we finished 2nd in the NFC and then got turned over by the Cardinals in the Play offs Williams and Stewart were tearing teams apart which was a surprise as most of the time before that year the Panthers were considered a pass first team.

Williams and Stewart have played pretty well the last couple of games. They tend to share carries, so don't expect major stats from them every game. For instance, Williams was excellent in the first half against New Orleans - did you see the TD run? But in the second half, I don't think he had any carries, and they used Stewart primarily. Williams is like a race horse, tends to spin outside a lot, whereas Stewart is 'strong like bull' and tends to pound through the middle.

Even when they're not actually carrying the ball, 'Double Trouble' tend to command a fair amount of respect from the opposing defense, which has opened up a lot of opportunities for Cam to throw, and to run of course. Another reason for the slight drop off in running yardage has been the absence of Jeff Otah a lot of the time. Our backs are good backs, but they can only run if there are holes to run into.

peagle 17-10-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE

That is where the England Rugby team stay/train and I actually know one of the executive guest management staff there. IF only I wasn't stuck here in bloody Nottingham, University SUCKS (disclaimer, it doesn't most of the time).

jazman 17-10-2011 10:34 PM

Loved the Jim Harbaugh post match interview. Made Schwartz look somewhat stuffy, just like some of the NFL protocol. It needs characters like him, I just hope they don't tone him down ...

peagle 17-10-2011 11:42 PM

Lloyd traded to Rams (why are they adding to their squad a player on the last year of a contract when they have no hope for that year?) who then cut Mike Sims-Walker.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...brandon-lloyd/

pauldrulez 17-10-2011 11:53 PM

Lloyd gives a genuine threat for Bradford.

He knows the Offense.

Pats were interested, I was praying for it to happen. He knows more about our Offense and the calls than Ocho ever will.

Rams have the big money available to spend on a 3-4 year deal.

jazman 18-10-2011 12:07 AM

Lloyd is trouble. After his comments this week I'm sure Miami are happy to get rid of him ahead of the Jets game this evening.

oz_da II 18-10-2011 12:16 AM

Wrong Brandon, j-man. :D

SteveyHawking 18-10-2011 08:09 AM

Looks like the Dolphins are trying their best to be in the Luck sweepstake come the end of the season.

saxoneagle 18-10-2011 08:17 AM

Quote:

Lloyd is trouble. After his comments this week I'm sure Miami are happy to get rid of him ahead of the Jets game this evening.

Toolio :D

pauldrulez 18-10-2011 09:31 AM

:D

jazman 18-10-2011 09:50 AM

Oh what a tit

jazman 18-10-2011 09:54 AM

On a separate, thank god for Live SportsCenter in the mornings on ESPN. Monday's have an hour long episode dedicated pretty much to the NFL highlights from the weekend so I no longer have to mourn the loss of NFL Gameday. And the main guy that presents the part called The Blitz is pretty funny with it too ...