CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Funk Butter 13-01-2014 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 11505655)
I am off next Monday and I have the Monday after Super Bowl booked off. Seahawks vs Patriots would be an amazing game!

Why the day after the Super Bowl isn't a holiday mystifies me. I've been clamoring for it for years. I would be willing to bet that there are more drunk people in the USA on Super Bowl Sunday than New Year's Eve.

Clinton100 13-01-2014 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 11506510)
Why the day after the Super Bowl isn't a holiday mystifies me. I've been clamoring for it for years. I would be willing to bet that there are more drunk people in the USA on Super Bowl Sunday than New Year's Eve.

I'm surprised they haven't considered moving it to a Saturday night. Particularly if they are serious about getting more of an international audience.

davematt 13-01-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clinton100 (Post 11506516)
I'm surprised they haven't considered moving it to a Saturday night. Particularly if they are serious about getting more of an international audience.

It wouldn't feel right.

NFL on Saturdays just doesn't sound right!

But I get your point!

Funk Butter 13-01-2014 07:19 PM

I'm sure somebody could do an animated gif of Mike Tomlin jumping out of the way.

http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptu...ughOnField.jpg

Funk Butter 13-01-2014 09:19 PM

Flopping has permeated the NFL now too. I know I posted about Luck and Mickell flopping and I've seen at least 2 other instances. I'm not quite sure what Cam is trying to convey to the refs here, "OH MY GOD REF! That has to be a 1/2 yard penalty, you have to call it! HE WAS OBVIOUSLY OFFSIDES, CAN'T YOU SEE THAT!"

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpres....gif%3Fw%3D640

Funk Butter 13-01-2014 11:57 PM

Whoops!

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19cf.../ku-xlarge.png

dannyboy1807 14-01-2014 09:31 AM

well they got two right.

pauldrulez 14-01-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 11507158)

:D

These things always come out! The losing ones go to places like Africa!

There's a famous picture of kids in Nicaragua wearing Patriots 19-0 t-shirts!

oz_da II 14-01-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 11505882)
The passing games are an interesting matchup in the AFC Championship game.

The Denver pass D without Chris Harris is pretty woeful. However, the Patriots have virtually nothing in the pass game!

Whereas, the Denver passing game is probably Manning's best set of Receivers he's ever had


Better than Harrison, Wayne and Clark?

Swanny32 14-01-2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter (Post 11506876)
Flopping has permeated the NFL now too. I know I posted about Luck and Mickell flopping and I've seen at least 2 other instances. I'm not quite sure what Cam is trying to convey to the refs here, "OH MY GOD REF! That has to be a 1/2 yard penalty, you have to call it! HE WAS OBVIOUSLY OFFSIDES, CAN'T YOU SEE THAT!"

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpres....gif%3Fw%3D640

That was brilliant seeing Cam do that, completely needless but added a bit of a "Soccer" feel to it all.

pauldrulez 14-01-2014 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II (Post 11507649)
Better than Harrison, Wayne and Clark?

Arguably, the 4 man combo now, is better than the 3 man combo then.

I also think Manning made each of them look better than they are. I don't think Clark regressed that huge an amount from 2011 onwards, but his numbers fell off a cliff.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 14-01-2014 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32 (Post 11507779)
That was brilliant seeing Cam do that, completely needless but added a bit of a "Soccer" feel to it all.

Not sure if there's a video online, but Ryan Kalil did an hilarious slow motion collapse when he was lightly touched after an offside/false start ruling.

I didnt notice it at first, but they showed a replay, with his head wobbling and eyes rolling in his head etc. very amusing.

Funk Butter 14-01-2014 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 11508648)
Arguably, the 4 man combo now, is better than the 3 man combo then.

I also think Manning made each of them look better than they are. I don't think Clark regressed that huge an amount from 2011 onwards, but his numbers fell off a cliff.

I'd have Edgerrin James (woefully underrated), Dominic Rhodes, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Brandon Stokely and Dallas Clark over Knowshon Moreno, Montee Ball, Bebe Thomas, Eric Decker, Wes Welker and Julius Thomas. Right now. Ball, Decker and Julius Thomas are still not consistent enough. Bebe has gotten miles better since his first year, but still has the occasional goof.

pauldrulez 14-01-2014 10:58 PM

Myself and Swanny would like to prove Madden's realism.

We played the NFCCG tonight on Madden 25.

Final Score: Seahawks 38, 49ers 41.

Realism eh?!

Swanny32 15-01-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 11509236)
Myself and Swanny would like to prove Madden's realism.

We played the NFCCG tonight on Madden 25.

Final Score: Seahawks 38, 49ers 41.

Realism eh?!

The two people controlling have something to do with that though! #pick6

Funk Butter 15-01-2014 07:16 PM

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...rst-mock-draft

I will be willing to guarantee that Allen Robinson does not go to the Seattle Seahawks. Second Round name to keep an eye on if he goes to your team, Aaron Donald from Pittsburgh. Undersized DT that thoroughly dominated the ACC this year. He won the Lombardi Award, Bronko Nagurski Trophy, Chuck Bednarik Award and Outland Trophy. Strangely, he is the exact same size as John Randle, who everyone thought was too small to play DT and ended up in the Hall of Fame.

pauldrulez 15-01-2014 09:00 PM

Steratore to ref the NFC CG. Best ref in the NFL IMO. He won't let them get away with it.

Corrente in charge of the AFC CG.

elliott 16-01-2014 10:24 PM

Hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=HW4J-RiCZ2Q

pauldrulez 17-01-2014 10:32 AM

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...94&city=boston

Well I never.....

dannyboy1807 17-01-2014 04:11 PM

Hey Tom no-one loves you.

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net.../829099266.gif

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/1934...f/original.gif


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.