CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Wolfnipplechips 01-06-2016 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mroakley9 (Post 13026405)
So I'm watching some rugby league and apparently they've introduced a clock to reduce the time the players spend dicking around at scrums. This is okay with me. What really annoys me is that they are calling it a 'shot clock'. They're not ******* shooting anything, it's a ******* scrum. I don't need any shit Americanisms while I'm watching Australian sport for ****s sake.

Not reading.

crystaljim 01-06-2016 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mroakley9 (Post 13026405)
So I'm watching some rugby league and apparently they've introduced a clock to reduce the time the players spend dicking around at scrums. This is okay with me. What really annoys me is that they are calling it a 'shot clock'. They're not ******* shooting anything, it's a ******* scrum. I don't need any shit Americanisms while I'm watching Australian sport for ****s sake.

Serves you right for watching league!

Owngoal 01-06-2016 05:20 PM

Having to read we are being linked with every Newcastle player - Krull again

pots1970 01-06-2016 05:42 PM

Queueing in Halifax bank, at least 10 in the queue with only 1 window manned, bloke walks down the line asking if anyone is just paying in a cheque, no one responds and he dissapears into a room. "man a window you stupid twat"!

Worksop Palace 01-06-2016 06:27 PM

Getting home to an empty house at 5pm to find 9, yes 9 lights on. 9 feckin lights. Went ape shit.

Yoda 01-06-2016 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pots1970 (Post 13027042)
Queueing in Halifax bank, at least 10 in the queue with only 1 window manned, bloke walks down the line asking if anyone is just paying in a cheque, no one responds and he dissapears into a room. "man a window you stupid twat"!

If anyone had said yes, he was probably just going to point them towards the cheque deposit box, and then walk off anyway.

Jim Cannon 01-06-2016 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 13027095)
Getting home to an empty house at 5pm to find 9, yes 9 lights on. 9 feckin lights. Went ape shit.

Ape shit to yourself?:D

hatter8142 01-06-2016 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 13027095)
Getting home to an empty house at 5pm to find 9, yes 9 lights on. 9 feckin lights. Went ape shit.

Yep and in my house 4 TVs on as well!😉

in-exile 01-06-2016 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 13027095)
Getting home to an empty house at 5pm to find 9, yes 9 lights on. 9 feckin lights. Went ape shit.

Northern lights.

Wolfnipplechips 01-06-2016 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 13027106)
Ape shit to yourself?:D

And the ******* heating is on in my house.

It's ******* June. Bastard family.

PALACEWU 01-06-2016 07:18 PM

They don't deserve you.

Wolfnipplechips 01-06-2016 07:19 PM

I love them really.

Worksop Palace 01-06-2016 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 13027106)
Ape shit to yourself?:D

:rolleyes:

Yeah was a bit embarrassing actually :D

And the heating was on. It is fecking cold though to be fair

Stavros 69 01-06-2016 08:22 PM

Cyclists who feel they need to swerve around every manhole cover. Just go over them FFS, it's so dangerous.

elgin eagle 01-06-2016 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 13027197)
:rolleyes:

Yeah was a bit embarrassing actually :D

And the heating was on. It is fecking cold though to be fair

Its grim up north.

did you take the jeans back?

Worksop Palace 01-06-2016 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13027349)
Its grim up north.

did you take the jeans back?

Nah. Couldn't be arsed mate. Was well hung over and couldn't face the walk into town. 5 pints of moretti, 3 bottles of cobra in the curry house, a very fiery chicken chilli balti and then 6 G&T's. Can't think why I've felt shit all day. Must have been the garlic naan I reckon...

elgin eagle 01-06-2016 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 13027354)
Nah. Couldn't be arsed mate. Was well hung over and couldn't face the walk into town. 5 pints of moretti, 3 bottles of cobra in the curry house, a very fiery chicken chilli balti and then 6 G&T's. Can't think why I've felt shit all day. Must have been the garlic naan I reckon...

Must have :supergrin:

I've been to the shrink today following the fatality. Left her in bits. Was like some mothers do 'ave 'em :)

Worksop Palace 01-06-2016 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13027359)
Must have :supergrin:

I've been to the shrink today following the fatality. Left her in bits. Was like some mothers do 'ave 'em :)

:supergrin:

She'll be on the drink tonight then

chrisophiex 01-06-2016 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 13027354)
Nah. Couldn't be arsed mate. Was well hung over and couldn't face the walk into town. 5 pints of moretti, 3 bottles of cobra in the curry house, a very fiery chicken chilli balti and then 6 G&T's. Can't think why I've felt shit all day. Must have been the garlic naan I reckon...


You're nearly up to the recommended 14 unit allowance after all that lot ...

elgin eagle 01-06-2016 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 13027363)
:supergrin:

She'll be on the drink tonight then

Probably started after i left, cancelled her pm appointments and everything :)

Got bloody hypnotised on the most uncomfortable psychiatrists bed ever, she told me to think of my favourite place, so i thought of selhurst park, then she started saying its a place with no bad memories, a relaxing place, and i'm thinking, hang on a minute. Then she's saying in this funny voice, its a place you go where there are no worries, and i'm lying there thinking, shit, i've thought of the most traumatic place on Earth. Tried changing halfway through to Cyprus, but it was too late, the damage was done :D

Tried getting up off it at the end, me back was in bits. Got to go back for another session next week. Fecked if i'm getting up there again.

Worksop Palace 01-06-2016 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 13027390)
You're nearly up to the recommended 14 unit allowance after all that lot ...

I think I'm fooked this week :rolleyes:

Blind_Eagle 01-06-2016 10:00 PM

People who come into our shop, buy something, use it for a couple of days and then bring it back demanding a refund as they have decided that "they don't like it".

Worse than them are those who, on being told to feck off, then bang on about knowing their rights and threatening court action. They get told to feck off again but in a louder voice.

But the best of all are those who buy something like a tie for a wedding, wear it in the family photos and then return it for a refund, forgetting that said pictures are plastered all over social media for the world to see.

:D

elgin eagle 01-06-2016 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 13027459)
People who come into our shop, buy something, use it for a couple of days and then bring it back demanding a refund as they have decided that "they don't like it".

Worse than them are those who, on being told to feck off, then bang on about knowing their rights and threatening court action. They get told to feck off again but in a louder voice.

But the best of all are those who buy something like a tie for a wedding, wear it in the family photos and then return it for a refund, forgetting that said pictures are plastered all over social media for the world to see.

:D

I'm going to find out where your shop is ;)

Blind_Eagle 01-06-2016 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13027464)
I'm going to find out where your shop is ;)

I'll give you a clue, Bournemouth away. :)

But not if its on Boxing Day again as we are shut.

eagle mart 01-06-2016 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 13027459)
People who come into our shop, buy something, use it for a couple of days and then bring it back demanding a refund as they have decided that "they don't like it".



:D

Pint of casters?

elgin eagle 01-06-2016 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 13027470)
I'll give you a clue, Bournemouth away. :)

But not if its on Boxing Day again as we are shut.

Not if you break in ;)

Is it Bournemouth? :)

Blind_Eagle 01-06-2016 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagle mart (Post 13027479)
Pint of casters?

Ironically if someone bought a pint of maggots and returned them as a pint of clean casters two days later, I'd happily make an exception and refund them fully, reselling them in their next stage of metamorphosis and pocketing the extra quid profit.

Blind_Eagle 01-06-2016 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13027503)
Is it Bournemouth? :)

Close enough, Christchurch is about 3 miles from Dean Court.

elgin eagle 01-06-2016 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 13027513)
Close enough, Christchurch is about 3 miles from Dean Court.

Ah OK. Mrs Elgin worked on some farm somewhere there in 1994 picking strawberries.

Jerry Murphy's Fringe 01-06-2016 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 13027095)
Getting home to an empty house at 5pm to find 9, yes 9 lights on. 9 feckin lights. Went ape shit.

Good work. I suspect the deft hand of teenagers?

Seems that offspring are carriers of the "Grand Designs Closing Shot" gene. I had never wondered what my house would look like on Channel 4 with Kevin McCloud's voice in the background. Both of my kids just assumed I would, several times.

Blind_Eagle 01-06-2016 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13027518)
Ah OK. Mrs Elgin worked on some farm somewhere there in 1994 picking strawberries.

Tell her that the soft fruit heist case of 1994 is still ongoing down here and the local police are hoping to complete their CCTV training within the next few years to enable a case for the prosecution to be made from the excellent Betamax tape recording in their possession.

She's a wanted woman.

Worksop Palace 01-06-2016 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe (Post 13027519)
Good work. I suspect the deft hand of teenagers?

Seems that offspring are carriers of the "Grand Designs Closing Shot" gene. I had never wondered what my house would look like on Channel 4 with Kevin McCloud's voice in the background. Both of my kids just assumed I would, several times.

1 teenager. 1 11 year old and a daft missus.

elgin eagle 01-06-2016 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 13027525)
Tell her that the soft fruit heist case of 1994 is still ongoing down here and the local police are hoping to complete their CCTV training within the next few years to enable a case for the prosecution to be made from the excellent Betamax tape recording in their possession.

She's a wanted woman.

:supergrin:

There are christchurch strawberry plants running riot all over Russia as we speak.

Chocky 01-06-2016 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 13027459)
People who come into our shop, buy something, use it for a couple of days and then bring it back demanding a refund as they have decided that "they don't like it".

Worse than them are those who, on being told to feck off, then bang on about knowing their rights and threatening court action. They get told to feck off again but in a louder voice.

But the best of all are those who buy something like a tie for a wedding, wear it in the family photos and then return it for a refund, forgetting that said pictures are plastered all over social media for the world to see.

:D

I hope you didn't take your phone back for a refund after you smashed it and yourself through a fence. Ten years ago. Maybe more I think.

Blind_Eagle 01-06-2016 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13027530)
:supergrin:

There are christchurch strawberry plants running riot all over Russia as we speak.

Blimey, it's worse than they thought.

(Was it Sopley Fruit Farm at a guess?)

elgin eagle 01-06-2016 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 13027537)
Blimey, it's worse than they thought.

(Was it Sopley Fruit Farm at a guess?)

I've said too much already ;)

She says it was.

Blind_Eagle 01-06-2016 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocky (Post 13027531)
I hope you didn't take your phone back for a refund after you smashed it and yourself through a fence. Ten years ago. Maybe more I think.

I didn't smash my phone, i drunkenly left it in the taxi (the **** even answered it the next day:D) and it was a hedge that I smashed through, not a fence.

I stil remembers Helens face when I woke up penniless, no phone and scratches on my arms and exclaimed I'd either been mugged or had a fekking great night.

Wor Alzheimer's

Chocky 01-06-2016 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 13027542)
I didn't smash my phone, i drunkenly left it in the taxi (the **** even answered it the next day:D) and it was a hedge that I smashed through, not a fence.

Wor Alzheimer's

It was indeed a hedge which is a fence in Spain we don't have those wire things. But I absolutely remember being in the taxi with you after with you trying to put your phone back together. It was f*cked but not as much as you were.

[edit] pot calling kettle black every one of us staggering out of that place was c*nted. Wor a long time ago bloody hell still remember most of it.

Blind_Eagle 01-06-2016 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocky (Post 13027547)
It was indeed a hedge which is a fence in Spain we don't have those wire things. But I absolutely remember being in the taxi with you after with you putting your phone back together. It was f*cked but not as much as you were.

Will check with the wife tomorrow as she was less *****aced than the rest of us.

Why would you have been in a taxi back from the Garden Bar to benalmadina mind?

Chocky 01-06-2016 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 13027548)
Will check with the wife tomorrow as she was less *****aced than the rest of us.

Why would you have been in a taxi back from the Garden Bar to benalmadina mind?

Do you know what I don't know either lol. But I was in the back of that cab. Maybe taking me to Steve's Bar in Torrenueva which was one of my locals back then and the next turn off. Oh I can't remember. It was all good anyway lol. Bring that all back and David Murray(a).

Son of Ron 01-06-2016 11:15 PM

Terry ******* venables

Worksop Palace 01-06-2016 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Ron (Post 13027568)
Terry ******* venables

Wtf brought that on ?

fioreuk 01-06-2016 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Ron (Post 13027568)
Terry ******* venables

You watching Shearer's Euro 96 docu?

Maidstoned Eagle 02-06-2016 09:01 AM

Spanish drivers who sit in a traffic queue blocking you from turning into another road, who then get the arse when you point out their stupid selfishness, get out of their car, stomp over to you and reach in to grab you.....then start to bitch and whine as you grab them, put the electric window up, trap them and then punch them in their stupid fat face.

mroakley9 02-06-2016 09:04 AM

U.S. English

Blind_Eagle 02-06-2016 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13027736)
Spanish drivers who sit in a traffic queue blocking you from turning into another road, who then get the arse when you point out their stupid selfishness, get out of their car, stomp over to you and reach in to grab you.....then start to bitch and whine as you grab them, put the electric window up, trap them and then punch them in their stupid fat face.

Punch them in their stupid fat face through the glass of your door window?

Or climb across the front seats, exit through the passenger door, walk around and then punch them in their stupid fat face?

Maidstoned Eagle 02-06-2016 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 13027743)
Punch them in their stupid fat face through the glass of your door window?

Or climb across the front seats, exit through the passenger door, walk around and then punch them in their stupid fat face?

Their head has in my car. Keep up.

Blind_Eagle 02-06-2016 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13027749)
Their head has in my car. Keep up.

Their head has what in your car?

Maidstoned Eagle 02-06-2016 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 13027754)
Their head has what in your car?

A broken nose probably

Son of Ron 02-06-2016 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fioreuk (Post 13027571)
You watching Shearer's Euro 96 docu?

Exactly....watching him splash his ill gotten cash on some pile in Spain.
Banging on about what a great team he built - that won 2 out of 5 games in that tournament, which he didn't even have to qualify for. Spiv twat

Fatboy 02-06-2016 09:29 AM

Fully grown adults thinking they are clever by whizzing round London pavements on push scooters.

Grow up. Bastards.

JJ 02-06-2016 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mroakley9 (Post 13027739)
U.S. English

Aussie English! ;)

fioreuk 02-06-2016 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Ron (Post 13027763)
Exactly....watching him splash his ill gotten cash on some pile in Spain.
Banging on about what a great team he built - that won 2 out of 5 games in that tournament, which he didn't even have to qualify for. Spiv twat

Agreed, massively over-rated for achievements in 96.

A spate of spoof bookings to Hotel Escondido to be made then? :p

Shipsisourking 02-06-2016 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatboy (Post 13027766)
Fully grown adults thinking they are clever by whizzing round London pavements on push scooters.

Grow up. Bastards.

There's one of these pricks who gets on the train at Tamworth on a regular basis. He really does look like a complete and utter bellend and I would love to see him fall off his child's toy.

CT_Palace 02-06-2016 06:02 PM

not being able to eat anything for 24 hours

elgin eagle 02-06-2016 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 13028532)
not being able to eat anything for 24 hours

Altercation with maidstoned?

CT_Palace 02-06-2016 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13028540)
Altercation with maidstoned?

wish it was.
Arse doctor in the morning tomorrow :(

Jim Cannon 02-06-2016 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatboy (Post 13027766)
Fully grown adults thinking they are clever by whizzing round London pavements on push scooters.

Grow up. Bastards.

Especially if they are complete with crash helmet, knee and elbow pads

Dickheads

cappuccinoeagle 02-06-2016 07:47 PM

Greg Proops - hadn't seen this sneery bloke for years, till he turned up on The One Show tonight, still don't like him

WLYWLYAWYPWF 02-06-2016 07:52 PM

The England kit.

SeanPalace84 02-06-2016 09:16 PM

Mexican ******* waves

Pat of the Palace 02-06-2016 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 13028713)
Greg Proops - hadn't seen this sneery bloke for years, till he turned up on The One Show tonight, still don't like him

God yes. I used to hate him on that improv thing they used to do. The other lanky American was rubbish too. Clive Anderson too. Smarmy gits.

chrisophiex 02-06-2016 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat of the Palace (Post 13029098)
God yes. I used to hate him on that improv thing they used to do. The other lanky American was rubbish too. Clive Anderson too. Smarmy gits.


Lanky canadian I think :)

mroakley9 03-06-2016 08:39 AM

The rubbish quoting happening over on the GCSEs thread

elgin eagle 03-06-2016 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mroakley9 (Post 13029447)
The rubbish quoting happening over on the GCSEs thread

Agreed. Poor relation of 0FCzSIUNxlk. Avoid.

elgin eagle 03-06-2016 08:49 AM

Mexican fecking chiwawas. If they're not shitting or puking, they're yapping.

Icy 03-06-2016 09:55 AM

Still the England band. A summer of football ruined by a bunch of nerds with trumpets. Just **** off and die *****onkeys :veryangry

viking's no1 03-06-2016 10:02 AM

People who can't put paper towels the right way round in a toilet. How ******* hard is it?

viking's no1 03-06-2016 10:03 AM

Service Stations that still have paper towels in them. Get a ******* Dyson.

Nork1 03-06-2016 10:03 AM

People who put paper towels in toilets.

art malice 03-06-2016 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 13028713)
Greg Proops - hadn't seen this sneery bloke for years, till he turned up on The One Show tonight, still don't like him

Mister Smug. Took a course in improvisation. Sums him up.

ChaceTheAce 03-06-2016 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPalace84 (Post 13028972)
Mexican ******* waves

Tell you what. This pissed me right off at Wembley yday. My mates were joining in, I just thought, what a ******* pair of bellends you are doing that.

Maidstoned Eagle 03-06-2016 01:04 PM

The fact my wife and 2 kids can use every knife, spoon, fork and glass in the house between the hours of 3pm and 9.

pallet 03-06-2016 01:06 PM

And I bet none of them can unload a dishwasher.

Maidstoned Eagle 03-06-2016 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 13029768)
And I bet none of them can unload a dishwasher.

Probably not, if we had one.

woldinghameagle 03-06-2016 01:52 PM

People that chain their bikes to a lamp post in the City. They always fall over and you have to clamber over them. I know it's only a few extra seconds delay in the pedestrian bottleneck but it f*cking irritates me.

elgin eagle 03-06-2016 02:11 PM

Step on the wheel.

trev81 03-06-2016 02:21 PM

The thing I hate most is forgetting things as soon as I enter the room, like now.

Jerry Murphy's Fringe 04-06-2016 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 13029533)
Mister Smug. Took a course in improvisation. Sums him up.

Really? And I assume the majestic irony was lost on the sceptic buffoon.


(I do hope I have not been whooshed)

Jerry Murphy's Fringe 04-06-2016 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 13029768)
And I bet none of them can unload a dishwasher.

Wrong thread : see "Middle Class Problems"

art malice 04-06-2016 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe (Post 13031044)
Really? And I assume the majestic irony was lost on the sceptic buffoon.


(I do hope I have not been whooshed)

No you have not!

Isle of Wight 05-06-2016 09:22 AM

"Substitutions mercifully broke up the second-half rhythm, allowing the Scots to escape with their dignity intact."

More journalistic lies from the BBC. The Scots dignity was shattered the moment they walked on the pitch in that kit. Makes England's red kit seem good.

PALACEWU 05-06-2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woldinghameagle (Post 13029865)
People that chain their bikes to a lamp post in the City. They always fall over and you have to clamber over them. I know it's only a few extra seconds delay in the pedestrian bottleneck but it f*cking irritates me.

Pick it up you bell.

DaveTuttles 05-06-2016 11:36 AM

People that write City with a capital C

chrisophiex 05-06-2016 11:47 AM

What about Capital city ?

Vince Hilaire's Afro 05-06-2016 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viking's no1 (Post 13029528)
Service Stations that still have paper towels in them. Get a ******* Dyson.

I prefer a towel/dryer combo. Dry your hands with a towel under the dryer for double speed, and use a towel to grab the handle of the door to exit without having to cover your clean hand with the piss, faeces, and perianal sweat of the multitude of dirty bastards who don't bother to wash their hands.

elgin eagle 05-06-2016 02:57 PM

tv/radio show presenters who do a huge feck off pause before announcing the result.

Adlerhorst 05-06-2016 03:14 PM

working all weekend during my notice period. Damn professional integrity

Ardent Eagle Forever 05-06-2016 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viking's no1 (Post 13029528)
Service Stations that still have paper towels in them. Get a ******* Dyson.

Hate to say it but paper towels are more hygienic than some hand dryers that blow bugs and bacteria around the room. Helps though if the paper towel machines are filled up correctly :(

ConCPFC 06-06-2016 09:37 AM

On the topic of paper towel...those paper towel dispensers where you have to pull that lever thing on the side multiple times, which is usually still wet from the previous user, for the paper to come out before ripping it off.

kayjay 06-06-2016 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 13029768)
And I bet none of them can unload a dishwasher.

The dishwasher debate

elgin eagle 06-06-2016 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 13032246)
What about Capital city ?

:D:p

I love it when people say 'I support city', as if its the only one ever.

mroakley9 06-06-2016 11:07 AM

The fact that my TV doesn't pick up ABC, which makes no sense to me because I live literally right next door to ABC studios.

strawberry mivi 06-06-2016 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mroakley9 (Post 13033576)
The fact that my TV doesn't pick up ABC, which makes no sense to me because I live literally right next door to ABC studios.

Can't you just peer through the window?

Jim Cannon 06-06-2016 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13033497)
:D:p

I love it when people say 'I support city', as if its the only one ever.

It is acceptable if for example you are a Cardiff fan who lives in Cardiff and are actually in Cardiff while having the conversation. But now that Man City have been accepted as part of the footballing gentry these days, and the media talk of City as though there is only one is very annoying.

Chocky 06-06-2016 03:50 PM

There's only one Palace.

elgin eagle 06-06-2016 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 13033681)
It is acceptable if for example you are a Cardiff fan who lives in Cardiff and are actually in Cardiff while having the conversation. But now that Man City have been accepted as part of the footballing gentry these days, and the media talk of City as though there is only one is very annoying.

True. Annoying, inaccurate, and massively disrespectful to all the other 'city' clubs. Typical that it all stems from one of britains wankiest places. 'united' is just as bad, and the media don't exactly help to quash it.

Dan Dare 06-06-2016 04:25 PM

If anyone tells you they support city, just reply with how great you found it that city won the league this year instead of any of those wanky clubs from Manchester.

Stellavista 06-06-2016 05:55 PM

http://www.culturamas.es/wp-content/...il+Collins.jpg

elgin eagle 06-06-2016 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Dare (Post 13034048)
If anyone tells you they support city, just reply with how great you found it that city won the league this year instead of any of those wanky clubs from Manchester.

Nice one, i'm definitely using that. Works for Man Utd wankers as well, which is a bonus :)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.