CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

jazman 18-05-2010 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
TO being linked to the Panthers on ESPN yesterday..........

I think it will be a case of who needs him more ... when training starts proper, injuries are likely to occur .. just depends which team thinks they need him before, if not then when an injury happens ...

pauldrulez 18-05-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Quite impressed with Romo here ... chance to qualify for PGA tournament but chose to join team activities for the Cowboys instead. I know that is his occupation but I kind of admire the enthusiasm .... compared with Tom Brady who I beleive didn't turn up?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

He has shown his face at times already this year.

The Pats haven't held their OTAs yet. We've only had Rookie Camp.

I've no problem with him not being there anyway.

He turned up every year until last.

He has responsibilities. He has 2 children. He has a wife. He has to see his first son otherwise it'll look like the new baby is favourite of the two.

I cannot and will not blame any person that looks after their family.

He'll be at the first mandatory minicamp and that is all I ask. He's said he'll likely be at Passing Camp as well.

jazman 18-05-2010 08:06 PM

Calm down Paul, maybe I read the headline wrong ...

pauldrulez 18-05-2010 08:08 PM

And relax :)

I'm shocked Romo didn't go for the PGA to be honest. He did last year and just missed the cut.

Strathclyde Eagle 18-05-2010 08:09 PM

Brady said in a Peter King interview that his two kids come first. The way I read it the one with his ex moved to LA so he moved there as well to spend more time with harm. Can't blame the guy for that. I've no problems with players who keep things in perspective.

jazman 18-05-2010 08:11 PM

He's a tasty golfer as far as I understand it. Ain't it always the same, there is always a kid at school who can turn his had to most sports and be good at them too ... :o

Just bad timing for Romo I guess ...

But another interesting read is that the Cowboys face a lot of the worst pass rushers next season which has perked me up no end for the coming season ...

pauldrulez 18-05-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Brady said in a Peter King interview that his two kids come first. The way I read it the one with his ex moved to LA so he moved there as well to spend more time with harm. Can't blame the guy for that. I've no problems with players who keep things in perspective.

It must be tough because John (one in LA) and Benjamin (the one with Gisele) will have to be treated equally from the start otherwise he's opening a can of worms for later life with them.

The other reason I don't mind him being in LA is that when he has been there, he has had Welker with him. As well as Cassel. They've worked out daily at UCLA when they've been there. So it's not like he's been sitting on his arse eating chips (I hope).

On the other side. A kid with the genes of Brady and Bundchen has got one hell of a future ahead :D

jazman 18-05-2010 08:14 PM

By the way Paul & Strathers. I completely agree with that, players that keep things in perspective and family must come first ... fine line in professional sport as the headline is misleading and story making having read it ... nothing happens between the draft and teh pre-season games so they feel as though they need to make something out of nothing ... same for all sports.

pauldrulez 18-05-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
He's a tasty golfer as far as I understand it. Ain't it always the same, there is always a kid at school who can turn his had to most sports and be good at them too ... :o

Just bad timing for Romo I guess ...

But another interesting read is that the Cowboys face a lot of the worst pass rushers next season which has perked me up no end for the coming season ...

I've tried to keep up with Dallas.

Who is playing Left Tackle? Is Doug Free sliding across?

pauldrulez 18-05-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
But another interesting read is that the Cowboys face a lot of the worst pass rushers next season which has perked me up no end for the coming season ...

If he gets through the first 3 weeks

Redskins - Orakpo
Bears - Peppers
Texans - Mario Williams

Then he's got a decent amount of games after the Bye Week that have little passrush.

In fact, only the Vikes and Giants would worry me until Week 12 and the Saints. Then Colts and Eagles follow that. Tough run there in a short space.

jazman 18-05-2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I've tried to keep up with Dallas.

Who is playing Left Tackle? Is Doug Free sliding across?

I believe so ... he replaced Colombo as right tackle in the run in to last season so I expect him to move back over. We also have Barron from the Rams who we traded for Carpenter. Add to that Montrae Holland who has resigned it is an experienced line ...

jazman 18-05-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
If he gets through the first 3 weeks

Redskins - Orakpo
Bears - Peppers
Texans - Mario Williams

Then he's got a decent amount of games after the Bye Week that have little passrush.

In fact, only the Vikes and Giants would worry me until Week 12 and the Saints. Then Colts and Eagles follow that. Tough run there in a short space.

Agree. But the SB is you know where. It is our destiny. ;) :o

Strathclyde Eagle 18-05-2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
By the way Paul & Strathers. I completely agree with that, players that keep things in perspective and family must come first ... fine line in professional sport as the headline is misleading and story making having read it ... nothing happens between the draft and teh pre-season games so they feel as though they need to make something out of nothing ... same for all sports.

Also a reason to celebrate Tony Dungy (encouraging coaches to spend time with their families & kids) winning a Super Bowl before the Jon Gruden (get to the office to watch film at 4am) method took a big hold.

jazman 18-05-2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Also a reason to celebrate Tony Dungy (encouraging coaches to spend time with their families & kids) winning a Super Bowl before the Jon Gruden (get to the office to watch film at 4am) method took a big hold.

Yes. Very true. But each method played dividends I guess but know what I'd rather ...

pauldrulez 18-05-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strathclyde Eagle
Also a reason to celebrate Tony Dungy (encouraging coaches to spend time with their families & kids) winning a Super Bowl before the Jon Gruden (get to the office to watch film at 4am) method took a big hold.

Adding to that, there were a lot of Patriots fans slagging off Ty Warren this year.

He chose to have some family time and go back to college for a bit to get an education.

He is a veteran who spent his career here. He deserves an off-season off.

jazman 21-05-2010 12:34 PM

Darnell Dockett had a shower live on YouStream site ... for a bet! :o

elliott 22-05-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
Darnell Dockett had a shower live on YouStream site ... for a bet! :o


Darnell Dockett is brilliant. He makes me laugh.

Swanny32 25-05-2010 04:43 PM

Planning has begun guys, Ardeo and I have started making head way with flights and plans once we are there. As it stands it looks as though we fly out on Thursday 9th September, spend Friday out and about with the person we are staying with and having a BBQ in our honour on the Friday night with lots of drinks. Saturday we aren't too sure what's happening just yet. Sunday off to Philly watch the game against the Packers followed by the Cowgirls vs Foreskins in a traditional US sports bar with pitchers of beer and chicken wings!

Stay the night in Philly then the next day we spend looking around the city itself before driving down to Rutherford, NJ and watching the Monday night game between the Ravens and Jets live at the New Meadowlands Stadium. Tuesday we spend in New York seeing the sites etc.... the rest of our stay which will probably be till the Friday 17th will be spent dicking around, shopping, maybe a spot of fishing, definitely some drinking, rafting down Delaware River and just generally having a blast.

Should be booking the flights in the next week or two once I have found out if we can get free upgrades through my wife's godfather.

Swanny32 25-05-2010 04:46 PM

And much like Elliott last year, if anyone is struggling to get hold of a jersey they want then I can probably sort out bringing it back for you if you get it sent to my friends address, just drop me a PM although bare in mind, I'm going to be bringing shite loads of stuff back myself and there is now a 1 bag limit per person.

ardeo 25-05-2010 04:48 PM

I can probably provide additional bag stuff, and I will probably actually be coming to Palace games next season reguarly unlike someone i'm going on holiday with...


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.