CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Vince Hilaire's Afro 13-09-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Coveta
My team the rams are crap at the mo

:eek:

jazman 13-09-2010 12:59 PM

:hi: Sorry I missed out on the banter last night but it looks very much like it was the usual Philly love in so glad I missed it. Seems quiet though since the end of the game though ... ;)

I had an absolutely brilliant weekend. Missing the first day of the new season was the only down side but managed to get home from Twickers in time to see the last quarter of the Seattle game. Never saw that one coming at all and from what I saw they looked pretty good ... got up this morning and flicked through the critical stages of the Cowboys game and if I'm being honest, I had a thought we would lose this game. Cracking finale even if we didn't get what we needed .. still have the whole game to watch in detail so will report back when I have done that. At the moment I'm not too concerned, particularly as I have just witnessed such an emotional evening talking with such nice people that have lost loved ones through the military and/or have someone serving for us overseas ... makes me even contemplating whinging about a Cowboys loss very innapropriate.

Roll on Week2 :lux:

oz_da II 13-09-2010 03:46 PM

Ouch!!!

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets...onnorankle.jpg

That's what a dislocated ankle looks like...

EagleSE24 13-09-2010 04:10 PM

Bears on course for 16-0 :p

Swanny32 13-09-2010 04:36 PM

Just walking around Philly and got stopped by an NBC reporter and interviewed for TV about the game!

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 13-09-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Just walking around Philly and got stopped by an NBC reporter and interviewed for TV about the game!

:lux: I hope you gave good old CPFC a plug!!!!!! EAGLES!!! :hi:

ps what was the linc like and the atmosphere - shame about the result but a good comeback to enjoy!!! :p

pauldrulez 13-09-2010 10:10 PM

ESPN is currently showing Monday Night Countdown.

Leadup to tonight's TWO live games.

Get Sky+ setup unless you want a late, late night until 6.30am-ish.

Will watch the first half hour of Jets-Ravens. Want to see the Rex Ryan debacle take place.

saxoneagle 13-09-2010 10:48 PM

Thanks for the reminder - my bro has ESPN HD so set to record and will watch tomorrow morning after getting up at 7 to make him breakfast before work. :p

pauldrulez 13-09-2010 10:49 PM

I just love Matt Millen trying to give any sort of football advice.

You might as well stick Jazman and Swanny on there and they'd have as valuable an opinion as his is.

saxoneagle 13-09-2010 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
I just love Matt Millen trying to give any sort of football advice.

You might as well stick Jazman and Swanny on there and they'd have as valuable an opinion as his is.

Or you. Let's not pretend you know jack sh*t compared to anyone else, hey? :)

pauldrulez 13-09-2010 11:22 PM

I was talking about 2 that have reasonable knowledge on here.

Hell, stick me and the gay looking gnome that the club shop sell on there, and I could give a better effort than Millen and Tom "They Hate their Coach" Jackson.

Jets-Ravens delayed by 1/2 hour because of lightning. It's Swanny's fault.

saxoneagle 13-09-2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez

Jets-Ravens delayed by 1/2 hour because of lightning. It's Swanny's fault.

I know Sanchez is sh*t but he doesn't throw the ball so off the mark it's troubled by lightning... :D

Perry Suckling 14-09-2010 03:38 AM

Just finished watching the game... Was always going to be a close one, both D's played well, penalties costing both teams at times - But the Jet's Offence were shockingly bad, could not get ANYTHING going and deserved to lose in the end...

Sanchez needs more confidence (Can he borrow some from Rex, he seems to have enough for everyone), and they need a hell of a lot of work on the throwing game, but the defence will keep them in most games this season.

Great fun staying up till 3:40am to see your team lose their opening game in a new stadium eh? ;)

Bed now!

AddiscombeEagle 14-09-2010 08:15 AM

Gotup at five to watch this one. Jets offense stink but then our defense is always tough. I am very optimistic now for the year, flacco and the three wr look like they will be a real threat, then throw in ray rice won't play against that defense each week and it all looks pretty rosy.

Great hit by ray Lewis at the end.

EagleSE24 14-09-2010 09:00 AM

Is Darrelle Rivas worth his new contract? I was watching Hard Knocks and when he came back at the end of episode 5 it was remarkably amicable. I would have thought his behaviour would tear the team apart. But having not really seen him play, just how good is he?

Neil 14-09-2010 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle
Or you. Let's not pretend you know jack sh*t compared to anyone else, hey? :)

Lulz.

AddiscombeEagle 14-09-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleSE24
Is Darrelle Rivas worth his new contract? I was watching Hard Knocks and when he came back at the end of episode 5 it was remarkably amicable. I would have thought his behaviour would tear the team apart. But having not really seen him play, just how good is he?

I am no expert but I put him in a league of his own as far as current corner backs go.

pauldrulez 14-09-2010 10:19 AM

My thoughts from 3 quarters of football.

1. Flacco needs to improve his pocket presence. Otherwise he's going to get hurt at some point this year. Against that D, you can't sit there for an age waiting for the guy to get open. Either throw it away, hit the receiver, or protect the ball and go down.

2. Sanchez sucks. Put in Mark Brunell.

3. Ray Rice - where's my fantasy points, dude? ;)

4. Ray Lewis must be the worlds most fired up man.

5. Jets will start the season 0-3.

pauldrulez 14-09-2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddiscombeEagle
I am no expert but I put him in a league of his own as far as current corner backs go.

Same.

pauldrulez 14-09-2010 10:30 AM

And good on Matt Cassel.

Sticking it to the Chargers.