CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Swanny32 29-04-2011 11:25 PM

There are plenty of decent DE's available still so you can still improve your pass rush in this draft.

pauldrulez 29-04-2011 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
There are plenty of decent DE's available still so you can still improve your pass rush in this draft.

Houston, Sheard or a flyer on Bowers.

Swanny32 29-04-2011 11:28 PM

Hmmmm interesting pick from the 9ers, think there is going to be a similar scenario in San Fran as there was in Denver last year with Tebow, Smith probably starts the season as #1 on the depth chart, he probably has 6-8 weeks tops before the fans get fed up and Kaepernick is put in.

pauldrulez 29-04-2011 11:28 PM

And there goes Sheard.

I liked him. Not tall enough for a Pats OLB unfortunately.

Swanny32 29-04-2011 11:29 PM

Thinks it just you and me tonight Paul.

Swanny32 29-04-2011 11:32 PM

Dont think the Cards take a QB here, think they'll look to pick someone up via trade

pauldrulez 29-04-2011 11:32 PM

Cards taking Ryan Williams. Another potential Patriot gone.

Swanny32 29-04-2011 11:33 PM

Wow, Cards taking a RB in Ryan Williams, Hightower and Beanie gonna be pissed. I don't like Hightower personally but get annoyed when people slate Beanie, sure he's a Buckeye but he never gets a fair crack at the whip.

pauldrulez 29-04-2011 11:34 PM

Another RB though?

Beanie Wells 2 years ago.
Hightower was pretty good the year before that.

Hmm, strange pick, but he's a good player.

SteveyHawking 29-04-2011 11:35 PM

Bloody computer has been playing up this evening. I'm now able to be part of this shindig now. What do people think of day two thus far?

SteveyHawking 29-04-2011 11:36 PM

Instead of holding a helmet Matthews should be holding a box of tissues!

SteveyHawking 29-04-2011 11:38 PM

Kolb nailed on to be playing for the Cards next year now.

Swanny32 29-04-2011 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Another RB though?

Beanie Wells 2 years ago.
Hightower was pretty good the year before that.

Hmm, strange pick, but he's a good player.

If I'm Beanie Wells, I'm looking for a trade. He's going to be splitting carries once again, I know he has some injury concerns but even when the kid is fit he never gets a big bulk of the carries.

Swanny32 29-04-2011 11:39 PM

Titans gotta take a WR surely?

pauldrulez 29-04-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveyHawking
Kolb nailed on to be playing for the Cards next year now.

Mark Bulger :p

pauldrulez 29-04-2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
If I'm Beanie Wells, I'm looking for a trade. He's going to be splitting carries once again, I know he has some injury concerns but even when the kid is fit he never gets a big bulk of the carries.

Only averaging 3.5YPC in his chances though and not great out of the backfield.

pauldrulez 29-04-2011 11:41 PM

Flying through the picks here. Dallas up.

Someone will be taking Bowers soon.

Swanny32 29-04-2011 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Only averaging 3.5YPC in his chances though and not great out of the backfield.

Gotta be hard for the guy, only been in the league for a couple of years and never really been trusted by Wisenhunt.

Swanny32 29-04-2011 11:43 PM

Really thought the Titans would take a WR there, Locker needs to pass the ball to someone and you can't tell me Kenny Britt is the guy there.

pauldrulez 29-04-2011 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Really thought the Titans would take a WR there, Locker needs to pass the ball to someone and you can't tell me Kenny Britt is the guy there.

I do think Britt is near-elite.

But, they did need someone else.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.