CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NFL thread (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137231)

Edenbridge Eagle In Exile 14-08-2009 01:20 PM

So you could say that Shady is the real "McCoy" then ;)

Swanny32 14-08-2009 01:57 PM

Good vibes coming out of Philly about LeSean McCoy, apparently looked very confident last night and showed he can keep up with the speed of play in the NFL. I really have high hopes for this guy, someone needs to take the weight off of BW's shoulders and hopefully LeSean is the guy to do it. I always felt last season that any time Buckhalter stepped in we weren't going to achieve anything with the running game. Now with Vick signed up, the potential is huge for having him receiving the snap but McNabb still on the field, or vice versa, we could really confuse the shit out of teams this year, and with players dropping down injured every five minutes I think we are going to have to confuse teams to stand a chance!

The more and more I think about Vick signing for us the more I begin to think that it's a stroke of genius from Andy.

pauldrulez 14-08-2009 04:39 PM

I'll give my thoughts on McCoy last night.

He ran well away from the tackles but when he ran directly at the Line, he danced a bit. I'd compare him to Maroney right now. Dance, Dance, Dance. Squashed for 2 yard loss. Or Dance, Dance, hole opens up. 6 yard gain.

Could be good to give Westbrook some time out of the game.

I hate the Vick signing for the Eagles.

What can he do that Maclin and Jackson can't? Both can run the Wildcat, run the ball, catch the ball, return kicks and Jackson can throw it good enough for the formation anyway.

pauldrulez 16-08-2009 01:53 PM

I was looking at the KC team for a bit of Madden research as i'll do a franchise as them at some point.

They really suck at TE with only Cottam being anything half-decent and he done zero last year.

Since Pioli has picked up every Patriots cut bar one, I reckon he trades for Benjamin Watson of the Patriots.

Put it in the books. Watson in his 6th year, injured again, never fulfilled his potential. 4 other good Tightends competing for spots and all contributed in the first game. See ya Watson, and we need a 5th to give Oakland for Burgess anyway so that we get to keep our 4th.

Eric Mangini's camp worked well......

They didn't score a point.

Fail.

oz_da II 18-08-2009 08:20 AM

Here's a best seller for sure, how many of these will be rolling out of the club shop?

http://product.images.store.philadel...37-00329-F.jpg

jazman 18-08-2009 09:00 AM

:hi: Back from hols but can't be arsed to read through most of which will be Paul's drivel since I was last on here ;)

All I can see that I missed in my absence was an exibition loss by the Cowboys to the Raiders which is no great shakes as far as I can read into it and the suprise signing of Vick by the Eagles ... :eek:

Anything else I should know?

oz_da II 18-08-2009 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazman
:hi: Back from hols but can't be arsed to read through most of which will be Paul's drivel since I was last on here ;)

So that isn't exclusive to the Ashes thread? :clown:

jazman 18-08-2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz_da II

Not at all, you should check out the F1 thread as well ... ;)

pauldrulez 18-08-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

All I can see that I missed in my absence was an exibition loss by the Cowboys to the Raiders which is no great shakes as far as I can read into it and the suprise signing of Vick by the Eagles ... :eek:

Anything else I should know?

but, the Raiders?

Al Davis will still be laughing in his grave.

Only Cowboys news I can remember:
Jenkins got hurt, but I think is back on the Practice field now.
Crayton easily beat out Austin to 2nd WR.
And Roy Williams got hurt and was having a wrist X-Ray, last time I looked.

pauldrulez 18-08-2009 10:03 AM

Quote:

Not at all, you should check out the F1 thread as well ... ;)

That's wrong, I mellowed out after last year's massive arguments which ended up with me getting a last warning ;)

pauldrulez 18-08-2009 10:04 AM

Quote:

You'll only keep the Ashes because of the weather.

Can't even beat the worst English side EVER with injuries.

oz_da II 18-08-2009 10:07 AM

Drivel indeed.
Where were you in the nineties?

You'll only draw the series because of the weather but that's obvious.

jazman 18-08-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
but, the Raiders?

Al Davis will still be laughing in his grave.

Only Cowboys news I can remember:
Jenkins got hurt, but I think is back on the Practice field now.
Crayton easily beat out Austin to 2nd WR.
And Roy Williams got hurt and was having a wrist X-Ray, last time I looked.

Yep, up to date on all thoughs but didn't want to bore you all with too much Cowboys stuff ... I did read that Sam Hurd was looking good in training camp ...

And anyone else notice Nick Halling's off season job?

jazman 18-08-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
That's wrong, I mellowed out after last year's massive arguments which ended up with me getting a last warning ;)

You're contradicting yourself in one short sentence ... :)

pauldrulez 18-08-2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Drivel indeed.
Where were you in the nineties?

You'll only draw the series because of the weather but that's obvious.

Being a child, running around playing cricket instead of watching.

First Ashes series I watched fully would be 2001.

Though I remember seeing bits of the 99 Ashes when Gough got his hat-trick and things like that.

Try getting a 9 year old to sit down and watch a full day of cricket for 270 runs and then multiply times 5. Nil chance.

pauldrulez 18-08-2009 10:28 AM

Quote:

You're contradicting yourself in one short sentence ... :)

I said after the arguments :)

I didn't even do anything wrong.....

:D

jazman 18-08-2009 10:32 AM

Anyway, back to NFL ....

Anything worth taking out of the friendly games played so far?

Neil 18-08-2009 10:33 AM

Quote:

Yep, up to date on all thoughs but didn't want to bore you all with too much Cowboys stuff ... I did read that Sam Hurd was looking good in training camp ...

And anyone else notice Nick Halling's off season job?

Isn't he doing some commentary on the BBC?

:hi: btw!

jazman 18-08-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil
Isn't he doing some commentary on the BBC?

:hi: btw!

:hi: fella .... and spot on, thought I noticed his distinctive style and it was confirmed when I heard them say who was covering some of the highlights at the weekend ...

pauldrulez 18-08-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Anyway, back to NFL ....

Anything worth taking out of the friendly games played so far?

I thought we decided they were compared to the FA Cup?

I'll give you a few names:

Julian Edelman (NE) - 7th round draft pick. Started in Welker's position. 5 receptions in first half and 75yd punt return TD.

Matthew Stafford (DET) - Though his figures only look OK, he had 5 dropped passes and the interception was his only bad throw. Led the team down the field twice in the time I watched it.

Trent Edwards (BUF) - Completed 10/10.

Others: A.J Feeley, Samkon Gado (STL), Shady McCoy, Chaz Schilens, Sam Hurd, Darren McFadden, Donald Brown, Sage "Helicopter" Rosenfels, The Cincy offense until the RedZone, all 3 QBs completed majority of passes, Chris Henry, Chris Simms, Drew Stanton, Aaron Brown (Det), Ryan Fitzpatrick (Buf), Brodie Croyle, Dwayne Bowe, Matt Schaub, Javon Ringer, Vince Young, Ahmad Bradshaw

Unimpressive:
Cleveland Browns. They stink.

Derek Anderson - He stunk.

Devin Hester. - Caught 2 out of 6 thrown his way.

Kyle Orton - 3 drives, 3 INTs.

Vernon Gholston - Instincts of a squashed fly.

Others: Cutler, Cassel.